• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm sorry to hear you're anxious. I think it's a 2020 thing :( It's good you feel better today, your mask project will help take your mind off everything. Massive hugs xxx

11 hours ago, Terah said:

Good news: Paypal just gave me the money back that was stolen :D No idea if the perps will get caught. My mom send me a news article stating that more people had been robbed like this. So I'm not the only one. 

Great that you got your money back, but scary how they can steal it like that. I wonder how they do it. I mean, next time it might be more money than just pizza :( 

11 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Great that you got your money back, but scary how they can steal it like that. I wonder how they do it. I mean, next time it might be more money than just pizza :( 

I had my paypal account linked to a food delivery service, and accidentally activated 'one touch'. Somehow they manage to break in on the food delivery service website and steal a bunch of passwords. I've changed my password on that site, disabled paypal one toch, and added verification through sms to my paypal account. I don't think they'll be able to break this. And if so, I'm leaving paypal :D 

• Like 1

So glad that you got your money back :).

I hope you'll be able to make happy face masks ;). I'm not going to make/wear one myself probably, as I rather stay home when I have a cold and I'm not planning to use public transport, but I guess that 50% of the viruses caught before going into the air is better than 0%.

23 hours ago, deftona said:

I'm sorry to hear you're anxious. I think it's a 2020 thing :( It's good you feel better today, your mask project will help take your mind off everything. Massive hugs xxx

Lot of ((hugs)) back to you. Yeah, 2020 really sucks :( I've got the most trouble with the uncertainty. The government has laid out a plan on how everything will start back up again, with the caveat that the number of sick people stay don't get to high. The boys are allowed back to school (part-time), their swimming lessons are starting back up, people can get back to work and on the streets if they have no symptoms. Holiday parks (did google translated this right? I mean the places you go on vacation to to spent several nights) are opening again. I'm really scared the virus is going to flare up again... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Waanie said:

So glad that you got your money back :).

I hope you'll be able to make happy face masks ;). I'm not going to make/wear one myself probably, as I rather stay home when I have a cold and I'm not planning to use public transport, but I guess that 50% of the viruses caught before going into the air is better than 0%.

I'm hoping we don't have to use them either, but it's better to have them and not use them than to not be able to do something because you lack a face mask. And it's a fun project :) 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 11:44 AM, Terah said:

Me and William got Tony's Chocolony chocolate (for all those outside Europe, I'm so sorry that you can not buy this heavenly stuff) 

Really? I didnt know that! We should send all non-europe NFers a care package :D

10 hours ago, Terah said:

Lot of ((hugs)) back to you. Yeah, 2020 really sucks :( I've got the most trouble with the uncertainty. The government has laid out a plan on how everything will start back up again, with the caveat that the number of sick people stay don't get to high. The boys are allowed back to school (part-time), their swimming lessons are starting back up, people can get back to work and on the streets if they have no symptoms. Holiday parks (did google translated this right? I mean the places you go on vacation to to spent several nights) are opening again. I'm really scared the virus is going to flare up again... 

I know how you feel.. it really seems like too much too soon.. especially when you consider that in China the schools havent even reopened yet. 

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:
2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Me and William got Tony's Chocolony chocolate (for all those outside Europe, I'm so sorry that you can not buy this heavenly stuff) 

Really? I didnt know that! We should send all non-europe NFers a care package :D

I'm pretty sure it isn't a thing in Sweden either. You two will have a lot of chocolate to send if you want everyone to have a chance to taste that stuff :) 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:
On 5/6/2020 at 5:44 AM, Terah said:

Me and William got Tony's Chocolony chocolate (for all those outside Europe, I'm so sorry that you can not buy this heavenly stuff) 

Really? I didnt know that! We should send all non-europe NFers a care package

I volunteer as taste-tester.  I can't imagine what could be sent in return....

• Haha 1

Thankfully Mother's Day isn't until 31st of May here - I have no idea what to get my wife (from our kids) or my own mother... Need to figure something out! :) 

A D&D story is an awesome gift! Who did you play with?

14 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Thankfully Mother's Day isn't until 31st of May here - I have no idea what to get my wife (from our kids) or my own mother... Need to figure something out! :) 

A D&D story is an awesome gift! Who did you play with?

My MIL is getting a bbq and my mom got a mug where I printed drawings on from the kids if that helps give you inspiration :D 

We played it with the 4 of us (me, my husband and the boys). The boys loved it too. At some point Cory was flying around on a vacuüm cleaner :D  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Terah said:

My MIL is getting a bbq and my mom got a mug where I printed drawings on from the kids if that helps give you inspiration :D 

👍 Hopefully my boys can make/create something to give to their mother

14 minutes ago, Terah said:

We played it with the 4 of us (me, my husband and the boys). The boys loved it too. At some point Cory was flying around on a vacuüm cleaner :D  

That's great that you can do that as a family :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That is brilliant :)

Did your husband come up with it? 

He did! I married the sweetest nerd out there ;)

• Like 2

I'm still alive and collecting coins. I had enough coins to pre order the next sims expansion! 

Sharks made things hard the last week, but I'm back at it. I'm not feeling great in my skin, and I think losing some fat will help with that. I'm just not sure how to go about it. Counting kcal is really triggering for me, so that one is out. Cutting out sugar has kept my weight  stable (and more importantly: it makes me feel good). Intermittend fasting felt really good, it gave me energy and reduced my asthma symptoms. But I took it too far last time and am a bit afraid I'll do that again. 

If anyone has some ideas for me, please let me know ❤️

• Like 3

I'm not in the headspace to calorie count or fast right now so I am just focusing on eating lovely fresh homecooked food, with lots of real ingredients and fruit and veg. I am keeping a food diary so I can look back on what I ate and track it in the evening to ensure I am eating around about where I want to, but the focus for me right now is on nutrition and good for me foods. Maybe try this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Terah said:

I'm still alive and collecting coins. I had enough coins to pre order the next sims expansion! 

Yay! :) 

I'm not feeling great in my skin, and I think losing some fat will help with that. I'm just not sure how to go about it.

Please don't try to lose weight. That never ends well. How many times have you tried? How many times have you had long term success? (Zero times, apparently, as you want to do it again)

Counting kcal is really triggering for me, so that one is out. Cutting out sugar has kept my weight  stable (and more importantly: it makes me feel good). Intermittend fasting felt really good, it gave me energy and reduced my asthma symptoms. But I took it too far last time and am a bit afraid I'll do that again. 

Restricting calories

Restricting sugar

Restricting the times you're allowed to eat

I don't think restricting anything is the answer. 

Could you try focusing on adding things that make you feel good instead?

Try adding a green smoothie as a mid-morning snack

Try adding a walk right before lunch

Try adding some stretches to your morning routine

Try adding lentils or beans to one meal every day

Try adding a serving of veggies to breakfast every day

Try adding an hour of screen-free time before bed every day

Try adding some sweet fruit after dinner (a mango, some strawberries, banana nice cream, or date chocolate balls, etc)

Just some ideas :) 

Myself I've been trying to add more handstand practice, which is a lot of fun. I've also noticed that when I don't eat enough fruit I start craving sweets (candy). Adding enough fruit throughout the day I never get those cravings. Staying up too late also makes me crave sugar, for the quick energy to help staying awake. Adding an extra half hour (or more) sleep to my night and I don't get that craving. 

All of the above is of course heavily influenced by my personal background, so feel free to ignore if it doesn't resonate with you at all. What works for me (or anyone else) might not work for you. We're all different with different needs and different mindsets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like the ideas above, home-cooked meals loaded with fruit and veg, and focus on adding not subtracting. 

Personally I prefer to work on adding in veg where ever I can for several reasons.  First, they take up space so it always looks like more food and takes up more belly space. Second, they can add flavors and interest to meals, like onions, celery, carrots, peppers.  Third, I treat myself like a child sometimes and add in "sneaky" vegetables, such as adding spinach or kale to ground meat, or well chopped/rice cauliflower to stews. 

Finally, again for me, drinking water after I eat what should be a reasonable amount of food helps "fill in the corners."  I find I'm less likely to go for seconds or snacking right away. 

These are all just things I've found work for me.  You will find yours too.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, Terah said:

If anyone has some ideas for me, please let me know ❤️

Start small, and build up slowly. Since you've counted calories in the past, you probably know where they're coming from and where there's some room to easily reduce some calories by making a swap:

• Snacking a lot? Try to have tea with a piece of fruit instead. You might also need bigger/more filling meals.
  • Drinking soda/juice/alcoholic beverages? Swap out for a similar beverage with fewer calories.
  • Eating vla or sweetened yoghurt for dessert? Try a glass of (butter)milk instead.
  • Eating lots of fatty meat for dinner? Eat a vegetarian meal once a week and limit your amount of cheese.

Even though losing weight is often most easily done by consuming less calories, I think that exercising has more benefits than just reducing weight. You're already limiting your sugar-intake, so you might not be ready yet for an extra change there. How about going for a walk every day? Build up to one hour and then gradually build up your speed until you can walk, say, 6 km in that hour. If you prefer bike-rides, that's of course also possible, although I find that social distancing is harder on a bike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2020 at 12:21 AM, Tobbe said:

@Terah How are you? Haven't heard from you in a long time. 

Thanks for checking up on me ❤️ 

Nothing major happened, just life in general got in the way. I'll be back though :) 

• Like 3