• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Athaclena

Athaclena continues to move.....

Sounds like you had a very productive week, even if it was more focused on work than not. I am glad the trip to Atlanta went well. Hopefully you can rest and relax from work over your long weekend.

Glad to hear the webinar went so well and that is one thing off your plate.

• Like 1

Fruitful trip to Costco today. Scored a 20# bag of my favorite rice, a pack of pork loin chops (so we have some variety) and a bit pre-portioned (so easy to freeze and get a single serving out) of chicken thighs. Plus some other bulk buys of things we use and can stock up in the pantry.

I feel like if there's another shutdown - we're pretty prepared with food at this point. I think we have enough we wouldn't have to poke our heads out for a month if we had to!

Also swung by Walmart to pick up the Cube "shelves" I ordered. We're going to need help to get them from the SUV to the apartment though. They're huge and 107 lbs. Substantial is good and why I went with them because they need to be able to HOLD stuff. Maybe I should have gotten the smaller ones though LOL.

Lots and lots of walking. For the first time in a loooooong time my fitbit "dinged" that I hit my step count. All of the cold stuff is put away (and the purchases that needed to be broken into smaller portions for freezing is done as well). Taking a break before putting up the rest and tackling the big boxes of stuff I brought back from the Atlanta House.

Not a relaxing weekend - but very productive!

• Like 2

Monday I unpacked one of the boxes of stuff I brought back from the Atlanta House and made dinner. That pretty much covers it LOL.

Today I got in a short walk - so HUZZAH!

Hubby has finally decided to finally get serious about getting the weight off. Hallalujah! Because only one of us working on it never bodes well. So new scale has been ordered so we can baseline. We'll go over how he wants to change his diet and I'll work what I need to do into that. I really don't mind the bulk cooking it'll take because he WON'T do it himself - because I can bulk cook my stuff right along with it. He will definitely have a "cheat" day - I may have a cheat meal - we'll see LOL.

So walking goals will probably increase a bit - which will require me getting up earlier. I'm hoping to work my way up to walking 45 - 60 min per day over the next few weeks.  And also going to try to get back on the "keep up with the cleaning" of the apartment this week. Not that it went to hell or anything because it really takes stringing several weeks to do that. Just need to not string those several weeks together LOL.

ONWARD!

• Like 2

Hubby's WIP meal plan is coming together so I can start planning the types of things to cook\have on hand. He plans to go the 2 protein shake\smoothie per day and reasonable (lowish carb) dinner route with a Saturday cheat day. More power to him - I can't do that. But we'll share proteins and I'll add additional veggies to my dinner and plan for my lunches.

We'll both walk more (I did get a walk in this morning).

Scale to track overall progress is on the way - although I'll put at LEAST as much weight (pun intended) in how my clothes feel. Took a while to find a well-rated, reasonably priced scale that will work for us. Hubby's a big guy - even "lean and mean" he's 220 - 230 - just all muscle. But I did it....

Need to make some progress today on cleaning the apartment. At a minimum some vacuuming and a load or 2 of laundry.....

Also trying to keep 4:30p clear today for the SpaceX launch. Because I'm also a space nerd. Like..... couldn't go to space camp as a kid and the second I found out they had a Space Camp for adults - I was all in and went (and had an absolute BLAST).

• Like 3

I think you have a great plan heading forward, and I totally get the not stringing bad weeks together. I am right there with you. Eldest Agent is excited for the SpaceX launch too.

Good luck getting what you need to done today. I know you will get it done.

• Like 1

Crashed at 8:15p last night. And I mean CRASHED. I did realize about 7:45p that I was falling asleep and managed to put up dinner, clean the kitchen and feed the cats. Didn't manage to start the dishwasher however LOL.

Got about 11 hours of sleep - and BOY did I need it (I only got about 5 the night before due to insomnia). Got up, got my coffee\protein shake and walked for a full 30 min. Got some laundry going, was able to prep before my first call and now rocking through my day (and getting more laundry done).

If only I could get a full (8 hours - not 11 LOL) of sleep every night and pull that off. I'm gonna try though! It's nice feeling refreshed and not dr-a-a-a-a-ging.....

We'll see if I can get to the vacuuming today too.....

• Like 2

Yay for sleep. I totally understand that feeling and hope you get another good night worth of sleep again tonight. At least you got a really good nights sleep and maybe what you need to done.

I got to the vacuuming Thursday night. Yesterday (Friday)our older kitty had a seizure about 45 seconds after I hung up with a client and was about to break for lunch. He was on my desk when it started. Had to clean up me and the kitty (including a full shower for me) - thankfully the only blood was mine. Did a ton of laundry and I thought that was what had caused the apartment to heat up. When it was still 77 when I got up this morning - went ahead and called it in (it's getting up to 86 here today). Apparently was a capacitor and we're cooling again. Was down to 75 before I went on my foraging run.

Foraging complete. Groceries put away. Time to relax a bit and have a (late) lunch, tune in to NASA for the launch then think about tackling one of the big cube storage units I picked up.....

• Like 3

I hope Kitty is okay. I am sure that is not fun to deal with.

The launch happened and everyone made it space safely. Hope you can have a quiet and restful weekend.

Kitty is fine now. He's always very timid for a few hours after. Saturday we got one of the Cube systems together. Sunday - I just decided to not do much. Made some bread, made reasonable dinner (including VEGGIES), cleaned up and even got in an evening walk with hubby.

I had an early morning meeting so I didn't manage a morning walk. But I stepped on the scale. Not as bad as I feared, but still the highest weight I've recorded. Hoping I'll stay motivated to get back to a reasonable weight and track it to some extent. But hubby's on board too which is good - I have a LOT of trouble staying "on plan" when he's not one and I'm trying to make (essentially) 2 completely different meals every night.....

I HAVE considered a delivery service (like Freshly or something) - and I still may since I'm going to be home..... It would give me more variety....

• Like 2

Made it through Monday. Did some laundry, made it to Walmart to pick up a few things and pick up the new TV stand we ordered. Need to put THAT and the other cube system together. We WILL have our stuff organized as much as possible and have a PLACE for everything rather than just stack stuff up if it KILLS me! I also had a heart to heart with my boss (we have weekly 30ish minute "what do you want\need to talk about") on a few things I've been seeing at work that need to be addressed (he appreciated I felt I could go to him and not just go straight to HR - and I could have over one of them), unloaded a bit, and talked about some ways to infiltrate... er.... have some view and give feedback on some things currently being developed in hopes that I can impact change before they are released rather than just complain after LOL.

Drug myself out of bed and did a walk (just the easy parts - but I walked). According to the scale I lost a pound. It's water weight and likely to be back tomorrow. But hey.....  While out hubby and I picked up some multi-vitamins and a ginkgo supplement - we've BOTH been struggling with memory\"word finding" issues more than usual lately. Figure it's unlikely to hurt. So I took those (bonus points for REMEMBERING) with my morning shake.

And now.... back to my regularly scheduled Tuesday.....

• Like 2

Well... this is a jump in statuses......

Picked up the nephew Thursday. Nephew crashed pretty much all of Friday. Hub and I ran some errands. Saturday we prepped for a couple of friends to come over and play test the game my nephew has been working on (loosely based on 40k). I did NOT tell nephew that the friends I invited had designed\published their own system. Well, nephews ideas and gameplay worked QUITE well. We all had fun, lots of ideas were bantered about, and there will be future collaboration and I may one day post here where to get a published game (years out most likely - he has to finish his senior year of HS and he wants to go to the Citadel - like his dad - and join the Navy) - but you never know :). There may be more play testing after my work day this week with new ideas....

Sunday, unfortunately, I had a 5 alarm migraine so I lost the entire frickin' day *sigh*.

Back to the grind this week... Trying to get back walking (but not today.... still fuzzy) and eating better. I've been working in some salads - so that's something at least :)

• Like 1

Glad the nephew's game went so well and that people had fun. Sorry about the migraine. Hopefully you feel better and like walking tomorrow. Good luck on the grind.

• Like 1

It's Wed and I'm caught up with any outstanding work tasks. I'm fairly certain this is the first time since about 3 months into my job here at the beginning of 2013. I'm not even kidding.....

Haven't managed to get up and walk as I've been having trouble sleeping. Maybe once I get the nephew on his way (Friday) I can go "full" meal plan and focus on getting in walks and maybe even stay on TOP of work stuff. I'm not going to hold my breath on the work stuff though LOL.

• Like 1

Glad work is caught up. I know that is one of those things that makes you feel amazing, but also kinda confused.

Good luck with the mealplan and try and get some sleep.

• Like 1

Meal planning done for next week.  Grocery list is together for the few things I need. If I stick to it - we'll not be ordering in next week and I'll have everything on hand I need. A few "old favorites" and some new things. Proteins will be a mix of Salmon, Pork Chops, Steaks, Chicken AND Bison. Nothing on the list will take more than 30 min to cook (as long as I prep the night before). I am even planning veggies most nights for myself. HUZZAH!

Taking a bit of "relaxing" day today. I may put one of the kits together this afternoon (probably the other cube section). Tomorrow I'll do my "foraging" run for groceries. Pretty sure I can get everything on my list. If I can't - we'll just double up on proteins I have on hand and I'll search for a different recipe - but shouldn't be too bad.

Now to get that walking thing back together next week....

OK. Trash taken to the dumpster (including cleaning litter box). 2 foraging stops - enough canned cat food for 2 weeks and the local grocery. I'll likely only shop there for sales and produce and MAYBE some meat. Everything else was quite a bit more expensive than getting similar at Walmart or Aldi's. It was less packed than Walmart. I think if hubby REALLY wants his Coke Zero - that'll be his job. Or I'm sucking up the extra few bucks to get it at the same "stop". I'm not dealing with Walmart to save $3\week on Coke Zero...

While I spent a bit more, since I have a PLAN, it'll still be less than ordering in. And we'll just splurge a bit on the weekends food\calorie-wise. Time to relax a bit, grab lunch then make hubby some no-sugar cheescake for his sweet tooth.

Something - not all unhealthy LOL - for hubby's sweet tooth achievement unlocked!

SF Mini Cheesecakes

2 - 8 oz bricks of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 c. Sugar equiv (I used a Stevia baking substitute but have used Splenda in the past w\o issue as we're trying to lower calories)
2 eggs (room temp)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp vanilla

With a mixer (or in a stand mixer) - blend the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar substitute (fold in a bit so it doesn't go everywhere) and blend until smooth. Blend in the eggs one at a time. Add Sour Cream and vanilla and blend until smooth.

I put just over 1/4 c. into greased muffin tins (for a total of 12 "cakes"). Bake at 325 for about 18 - 20 minutes until JUST set (can wobble a tad in the middle). Cool for 45 minutes then refrigerate at least an hour. My muffin "tins" are silicone and they popped right out. I have them stored stacked (between parchment paper) in Tupperware in the fridge and should last a week (although I don't expect them to actually LAST that long). You COULD bake this in a pie plate (or 8 oz cake pan or in a pre-made graham cracker crust tin) instead. It would take a bit longer to cook though.....