Seriously, just realised now (4 May) is International Star Wars Day :D May the fourth be with you!

(A trying to be funny tall tale, made up on the fly. Don't think too much if you read it, just go with the flow...)

Moving to the Moon

Spoiler

"They" said the Jedi's don't recruit. "They" said Jedi's and Star Wars weren't real. "They" lied! It was a normal sunny, autumn day here in South Africa. Quiet under lock down, as it tended to be, when a convoy of unmarked and police vans stopped in front of our house. My sixth sense tingled worse than Spiderman's spidey senses ever screamed at him. Brandt and I gave each other a look, and told the boys to stay in the bathroom until we gave the all clear. We got our firearms out, carefully righted our clothes to conceal us carrying. I stayed on the stoep watching, while Brandt went to ask what was going on. Wait I'll start from the beginning.

It all started about a month, maybe two months ago when some virus caused an international lock down on Earth. We were told it was very contagious. We were told it was deadly. Again we were told lies. It was all to stop us, the people from Earth, realising that aliens now walked among us; specifically Jedi Warriors from the Galaxy Peace Force. They were tasked to keep peace in our galaxy. And it was time that Earth 'grew up' so to speak, found out they were not alone in space, and definitely not alone in their own galaxy. They look just like us. No alien forms with tentacles, pincers, stingers, fish or other tails. No coloured skins, other than what you'd find on Earth. They looked like us. Maybe a slight bit more muscular, taller, with glaring eyes that saw everything! By the way, don't try to hide anything, not even that jam smear on the hem of your shirt which you got from dropping your toast when their vehicles pulled up. They see everything. Microscope eyes as Rocco and Adam later whispered to me.

"We have our own list of people we would like to recruit, thank you," they told the heads of UNISA (United Nations Inter-Space Affairs). "Our specifications are very... exact. Earth can draw up a list, and as soon as the Moon Base has been established, we'll go through it, test the people, and move them there. With your permission, of course," continued the leading Jedi, while he surreptitiously gestured with his hand. This was the video that circulated on all social media this last week. Someone's aid had obviously sneaked out with a video of the first meeting. But no one believed it. No one except the conspiracy theorists. Now we believed too. And here they stood now, on our stoep, in sunny South Africa. My house wasn't shiny clean, I had the washing machine running in the background, I hadn't even gotten to pull weeds out of the garden! For crying out loud. We were normal people. Things like this didn't happen to us!

I should have suspected something the week before last, I told myself. That was when Brandt had started exercising in earnest. More than he normally does. Said he was in a contest with one of his new bosses. They were seeing who could do more burpees, pushups, pull ups, and the like in one week. But that was so Brandt, I never gave it a second thought. He loved training, while I only rose above what was needed (in the exercise category) when I had a real bee in my bonnet about something. Like when I wanted to do some of the OCR races. Tick that off my non-existent Sport Bucket list.

They sat around the plastic stoep table, because there were a lot of home school books on the more respectable-looking, shiny, wooden dining room table. No, we don't have a living room. I sighed inside, apologising (in my thoughts) to mother in law that she was right. This was the one time I needed that nice looking lounge. First impressions and all. Brandt made coffee. His tasted the absolute best. I first reassured the boys and tried to get them to stop asking so many questions. Jedi on our stoep, was like opening a picnic basket to ants. The show could not be stopped. The UNISA guys had perpetual frowns on their faces; sitting stoically on the chairs. The GPF Jedi's were smiling, mostly, but answering patiently anyway, lounging in a more relaxed fashion, on their perches. One made the low brick wall seem like a comfortable armchair. I gave up trying to calm the boys when one Jedi agreed to fence against Rocco. The dogs and cat were lying quietly in a row, staring at the newcomers. Even Breeze our bearded dragon, were trying to climb up her glass doors to get a look at them. I sat there dazedly staring around at the utter otherworldly situation around me, which looked yet so commonplace.

"So what does Brandt doing extra exercises have to do with Jedi visiting, and recruiting, you?" you may ask. It turned out that Brandt had been working online for them for a while now. A couple of months. Huh. Ok. So we must move to the Moon?! Pull the other leg.

"Yes. We will need people there with your kind of ethics. Your stubbornness, and eagerness, to climb in and work. Get things done. It won't be easy, you'll have to be a... what do you call it: 'Jack of all trades'?" The one with the short blond buzz-cut, sporting a thin plat on one side of his head, said. They needed someone to keep things in order and organised, and we came with two kids with potential.

Somehow, "We'll think about it" didn't seem like an appropriate answer. And of course they gave us some time to think about it, and read the contract. They'll come back at the beginning of the week, Monday. Day after next. Huh, was all I could manage... again. At least I didn't faint, I later thought to myself.

They came. They co-signed the contract. The arranged things within days, and here I am facing my new home. Earth is a blue and white marble in the background. We are given this month to settle in and get things organised. Find our way of doing things. Get around. Get the pets used to their new space. Yes, they even allowed all our pets. Stampy Cat will quickly learn that there are perimeters for a reason. Outside that fence is no oxygen. I doubt he'll try more than once to get out, clever cat that he is. Otherwise we only brought the bare necessities along - clothes, the odd memorabilia, things we are sentimental about.

Sadly no light sabers or light saber training :(

1420071714_houseontheMoon.jpg.115418bcd0c09d2c5eb43746898cf7fe.jpg

(This is the house I bought on the Moon in the House Flipper game)

I have to work out a new routine for my responsibilities, old and new:

• My usual To Do's:
    • Bible study/Pray/Quiet time; [every day]
    • Weight (and measurements when I remember) (there is artificial gravity, I don't need extra weight ;) ); [Monday weigh]
    • Sleep (before 21h45, preferably 21h30); [every night]
    • Cleaning (No vacuuming when Brandt has to talk online with colleagues - we have more of an idea of their schedule now) [vacuum Sunday - dust Monday].
  • New Moon Duties:
    • Shooting (dry fire practice for security) [Monday]
    • Chosen workout (modified from Darebee's Chosen One workout) [Tuesday]
    • SpaceLann workout (modified from Darebee's Spaceman, and Lannister workouts) [Thursday]
    • Gardening/DIY [Friday and Saturday]

Chosen Workout (modified to suite me better):

• Jumping Jacks 10x
  • High Knees Twist 10x
  • Reverse Lunges 4x (each leg)
  • Side-to-Side Lunges 2x (each leg)
  • Side Leg Raises 5x (each leg)
  • Reverse Lunges 4x (each leg)
  • Calf Raises 4x
  • Plank Rotations 4x (each side)
  • Mountain Climbers 10x (each leg) (put foot down in front, no foot touch)
  • Sit-Twist stretch
  • Butterfly stretch
  • Butterfly fold over stretch

Rest 2min. after this set, before continuing on with the 2nd set.

SpaceLann Workout (modified to suite me better):

• Jumping Jacks 10x
  • High Knees Twist 10x
  • Wide hands Push ups 5x
  • Diamond hands Push ups 5x
  • Shoulder taps (no push ups) 5x (each side)
  • Jumping Jacks 10x
  • Side-to-Side chops 10x (each arm)
  • Straight Punches 10x
  • Standing Band Row 10x
  • Sit-Twist stretch
  • On Knees in ball hold (5 count)
  • Superman hold (5 count)

Rest 2min. after this set, before continuing on with the 2nd set.

Dry Fire Training (Shooting):

• Unholster/Holster firearm (f.a.)
  • Practice Israeli grip and point
  • Magazine load, unload from f.a.

Garden/DIY:

We are still not allowed to buy any DIY things if we are not a registered builder, plumber or electrician with a valid permit. We don't have a lot of things left to do DIY with (paint, varnish, seal...) but we'll go on with what we can. My main focus will be in the garden, pulling out weeds, cutting back, mowing (last month before winter). Things in that line.

Welcome to my Moon Base!

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Fun story!

:D Tried to make it as real to our usual life as possible. Tall tale, but imagine if a bunch of modern Jedi's came down to recruit.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, annyshay said:

New Challenge! Same old awesome. *hugs*

Great to see you here *hugs*

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Always great to have you around.

6 hours ago, Xena said:

Here to learn about your moon adventures

Thanks for running over. That's another "country" you can also run in at some point. As soon as we settle it, and you're done with your state runs.
We listened to all kinds of songs yesterday that referenced the Moon. I can't believe I forgot about M.J.'s moonwalk!

4 hours ago, Rinna said:

But did you know that tomorrow is......wait for it.....

Revenge-of-the-Fifth.jpg

So that is why the GPF and Jedi's want us to settle and establish security there! :D Now that you mention it... I think @annyshay and @Tanktimus the Encourager mentioned both the 4th and 5th last year. I just totally forgot about it :D .

-------------------------------------

Rocco is very excited. Friday we had to make a very short (5sec.) video of him spritzing up (sterilising his hands), and then doing an 'en garde'. Only five of her students made the effort (including her daughter). She will be using it to make a small promotion for fencing. She said something about the Fencing Federation here in South Africa using it as a promotion to the sport, which will give her (the coach) some free airtime too. A couple years ago Adam and his group of jnr. field guide students were asked to do a similar thing, and he was in a nation-wide advert on television. Hopefully something will come of the fencing videos. It was amazing to see their imaginations at work.

We definitely have this one adult monkey that now eats in our garden every day. He doesn't seem to be part of the troop anymore. Maybe he was kicked out.

WEEK 0 - Challenge Goals

Pray/Bible study: Su-yes; Mo-yes.

Weight: Mo-stable at 92kg.

Sleep: Su-late; Mo-on time.

Cleaning: Su-floors; Mo-dusting/polishing/bathrooms/kitchen open shelves.

Shooting: Mo-practice and other videos.

Chosen BW: Tue-

Space BW: Th-

Garden/DIY: Fr- ;Sa-

• Like 6

I love the narrative!

and ofc darbee workouts are just perfect for lunar exercise

but I still think "they" are holding something back.  call me a conspiracy theorist but I just KNOW light sabers are real.

maybe they are just testing you, watching to see you adapt to your new life- before they give you the ability to deflect blasters and effortlessly cut through metal.

at any rate; though I'm a day short "may the fourth be with you... on the Fifth!"...

just remember the big lesson of star wars

download (17).jpg

def one of my fav scenes of all time.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, annyshay said:

Very cool about the fencing videos. I can imaging Rocco getting into it. :)

He loved it, but of course it took a couple of 'takes' before he, I (me?), and coach were happy. :D We also enjoyed looking at the other kids' videos.

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I love the narrative!

and ofc darbee workouts are just perfect for lunar exercise

but I still think "they" are holding something back.  call me a conspiracy theorist but I just KNOW light sabers are real.

maybe they are just testing you, watching to see you adapt to your new life- before they give you the ability to deflect blasters and effortlessly cut through metal.

at any rate; though I'm a day short "may the fourth be with you... on the Fifth!"...

just remember the big lesson of star wars

download (17).jpg

def one of my fav scenes of all time.

Thanks! It started out as something totally different, but eventually I wiped and wrote, and then just went with the story as it came out :D  I tried to incorporate at least part of the things I want to do this challenge, and alas I can't get a sword, and the boys' only form of light saber is in plastic tubes that blow huge bubbles, which will inevitably break... so I went with my old favourite, my fire arm. Which I have to train with anyway, seeing as we can't get to the shooting range. (and no, my imagination doesn't lead me to use a broom stick as a sword).

I definitely think light sabers are real! But they already gave us the microwave, we can't expect everything, can we? :D If they are testing me, I hope they are happy with my start, at least. On a sadder note, I'm trying to at least angle some anger/frustration into the training, which gives me enough energy to do things (that's real life me, not story me).

-------------------------------------------

Did the first set of the exercises and were thinking a lot while doing it. That advice or 'plan' that I started following last challenge had the whole idea of movement throughout the day, as basis to stabilise hormones, lift energy, loose weight, etc. So I thought to myself... "Myself, it would then be better if you did three sets of these exercises throughout the day." So I did one during school (9h30am-ish) while waiting for the boys to finish some work. Another set just after school work were done (1pm-ish), and the third set just now, before dinner (5h15pm -ish). After the first set I realised that some of the numbers were a bit low, so I upped them, but not by much. I have to admit I'm feeling great at the moment. I think the inside of my thighs are going to talk to me tomorrow morning with those side leg lifts and the side lunges. Each set took me only about 10min. I usually don't like spreading exercise out over the day, but it seems to fit in with the schedule and times, so *shrug* I'm going with it. And I might have caught Brandt checking me out while I exercised ;)

Updated Chosen Workout:

Chosen Workout (modified to suite me better):

• Jumping Jacks 10x
  • High Knees Twist 10x
  • Reverse Lunges 5x (each leg) (+1/set)
  • Side-to-Side Lunges 5x (each leg) (+3/set)
  • Side Leg Raises 5x (each leg)
  • Reverse Lunges 5x (each leg) (+1/set)
  • Calf Raises 5x (up on toes, and down under step) (+1-5/set; added the down motion too)
  • Plank Rotations 5x (each side) (+1/set)
  • Mountain Climbers 10x (each leg) (put foot down in front, no foot touch)
  • Sit-Twist stretch
  • Butterfly stretch
  • Butterfly fold over stretch

I did the J.Jacks and High knees before every set, but the cool down stretches (in blue) only after the last set. That looks a bit more balanced anyway. Just 5's and 10's :D I hope I can keep this energy throughout the challenge. I'm really, really going to try.

• Like 7

Yay story time!

Just so cool on how some of your stories form. 

I do hope you can maintain energy for this challenge. 

Also CONGRATS Rocco! The negotiation of working a bit every day and may get achievements by keeping at it!

Inpiring for the student who waits last minute... 

• Like 1
On 5/5/2020 at 5:56 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Poor socially isolated monkey.

:D Makes me wonder when they push their 'unliked' on the humans. He is probably better fed than the rest though.

On 5/5/2020 at 6:04 PM, Elastigirl said:

Interested to see how the experiment of doing the exercises spread throughout the day works for you

Will keep you posted. It should work, my own willpower to actually get up and do it, is the main problem.

On 5/6/2020 at 1:58 AM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Following .... I'm all about the Jedi and experiments and general lunacy.

Great to have you along. (I see what you did there ;) )

On 5/6/2020 at 6:38 AM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Yay story time!

Just so cool on how some of your stories form. 

I do hope you can maintain energy for this challenge. 

Also CONGRATS Rocco! The negotiation of working a bit every day and may get achievements by keeping at it!

Inpiring for the student who waits last minute... 

We at last got through some fencing theory too. The coach has now started a new 'thing' to get more of her students involved and training. She told me that she felt very guilty taking people's money, but not being there to do any training with the students herself. We assured her she has no reasons to feel guilty about the money. A part of it can be 'rent' of the epee, a part can be for data fees for the videos (she's a single parent and this is her only income, and data here costs a lot!), and part of the money goes for her experience and expertise which she shares through her videos. She sent a new video for this week, where her daughter shows the move the students have to do, telling us to look that they focus on correct arm position, and then see how many attack lunges they can do in a minute, then do it a couple times a day, adding all up and the one with the most wins something by end of Wednesday next week. Neither Rocco, nor I am willing to push him to do a crazy lot of attack lunges every day, seeing as he is still doing all 50x3 lunges every Tuesday, as well as their computer exercises every weekday. But I'll ask him to do some of the competition to take part, and maybe inspire some of the other kids (there are two adult students too, but they don't seem to have a problem training).

----------------------------------------------

I can't remember whether I told you guys in the last challenge, but Rocco went through some nights where he was scared and couldn't go to sleep. One night I went to his room, sat and prayed with him, then went back to bed. Since then he has prayed by himself every night and he proudly states that he hasn't been scared since. For the last couple nights when Brandt and I go to their room to say good night, Rocco now insists on us praying with him. Him doing the praying for the family. He is also not joking around anymore when we do the morning bible study work when we start school work.

I'm going to start on the new bible study 'with' Francoisana today. I just saved two days' messages so that I have something going forward, rather than having to wait at some point. She sends the messages on from the minister/pastor friend on every night. I can't just sit and listen to it when I get it.

----------------------------------------------

Wednesday in general was a slow, tired day. I woke up normal time and was exhausted. Had a bad night, with bad dreams. I got up, fed the animals, made lunchboxes and breakfast for everyone else, then got back into bed and slept another hour. Got up and my head still felt 'not all there'. My body wasn't tired, it was all my head that just couldn't focus. So we skipped school yesterday. At one point I received a call from an unknown number and as I answered thought to myself that it was probably someone from some or other call centre. It wasn't. It was a lady with regards to our Police Clearances. Anyway, she spoke Afrikaans to me, and for almost 30seconds I couldn't understand her! I just couldn't get my brain to think to switch over from English, which I have been expecting, to Afrikaans! When I finally managed to think what she was saying, hearing she was getting annoyed, I appologised and told her my brain was switched off, but I hear her. She then laughed and said it was ok. We discussed what needed to be done, and ended the call. At least then I could somehow think and the wool in my head was gone. So paid the extra fee to have the certificates couriered directly to our home, sent her proof of payment via email, and everything should be taken care of now.

Anyway... so our Police Clearances are done, if we get the opportunity to apply for visas within the next six months. Otherwise we have to reapply for the third time. They'll expire by end October 2020. With things going the way they are here in SA, Brandt is again starting to look for job opportunities overseas. I'm looking in NZ and in USA every now and again. I send everything on to him. The big issue is the new job losses in each country. People there get first opportunity (which I totally understand!), and of course borders are closed for the next how many months. It just makes things a whole lot more difficult for us to get out. But... I do believe in miracles. Have seen them happen in my life, know that if it is meant to be, it will be.

• Like 6

I liked your story about your "wooly-headed" phone call. Things are really stressful, but it's nice that the lady eventually laughed about it. You are doing a great job keeping your family together, and I'm happy you are finding ways to go forward with fencing and help support the teacher.

There is a funny meme about fencing (I'll see if I can find it). Something like

fencing: Mask... gloves... if you come closer than 6 feet, I stick you with a sword....The perfect covid-era sport.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Xena said:

I liked your story about your "wooly-headed" phone call. Things are really stressful, but it's nice that the lady eventually laughed about it. You are doing a great job keeping your family together, and I'm happy you are finding ways to go forward with fencing and help support the teacher.

There is a funny meme about fencing (I'll see if I can find it). Something like

fencing: Mask... gloves... if you come closer than 6 feet, I stick you with a sword....The perfect covid-era sport.

We are trying to help local people as much as we can. And places like SPCA, etc. because government is very selective about who gets help from them. I saw yesterday that some of the Spar shops (their a franchise chain throughout the country, so owner run most of the time, selling groceries), are now giving shelf space to shops that aren't allowed to open, like restaurants, bakeries, other small privately owned businesses, etc. who can't open up yet because of level 4 rules. This way those businesses at least get some kind of income, and less people loose their jobs.

The coach sent us that meme about the fencing. She is very quick on such things :D

image.png.4b3394da5e8ddd5adacc1a57d6afd29d.png

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Awesome news about the police clearance! Praying for you guys. What does Brandt do again?  

Thanks, E.G. ❤️ Brandt is a software developer, specialising in Delphi and database development (SQL - many variants), but has extensive knowledge and experience with other languages as well.

--------------------------------

LOL, just saw three dogs taking their lady owner for a jog down the street! No doubt who was in control of that little outing. :D  Have also been seeing an old couple who now more regularly take their two miniature dobermans out for strolls as well. I was glad to see this particular couple as they are Francoisana's neighbours and they were sick at one stage (at beginning of lock down), with flu. We only know them in passing - if we are outside and they go by, we lift our hands in greeting.

Also saw our Afrikaans neighbours. They've now gone back to waving at us. At one stage they didn't even wanted to say 'hello' over the wall. *shakes head* Guess they are now also over the panic stage.

WEEK 0 - Challenge Goals so far

Pray/Bible study: Yes, something every day.

Weight: Done for the week. Was stable at 92 on Mo.

Sleep: Been after 21h45 most nights.

Cleaning: Done: floors, dusting, polishing, bathrooms, kitchen, laundry

Shooting: Done: magazine changes, grip and pointing, unholster, and holster, videos.

Chosen BW: Done on Tuesday - 3 sets during the day.

Space BW: Done on Thursday - 2 sets in the morning, then 3rd set in the afternoon.

Garden/DIY: Fr- ;Sa-

The Space workout was a bit hard on my shoulders, but I specifically chose it to aim more at upperbody and shoulders, whereas Chosen works more on lower body. My right shoulder was a bit tight after the third workout of Space, but totally fine by bedtime, and no worries this morning. Also didn't have any tight muscles after any of the previous workouts, not even the side-leg-lifts! Which I am a bit surprised about. What I was very happy with, was that I could do almost full pushups (wide and narrow)! Wide is actually very easy, with narrow, which aims more at the triceps, being harder to go fully down.

Ok, I'm rushing out to town this morning, and we'll do school work this afternoon.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Brandt is a software developer, specialising in Delphi and database development (SQL - many variants), but has extensive knowledge and experience with other languages as well.

I used to work in software development and teach software engineering now.  There are lots of job going begging in the USA, but it is hard to find them.  You almost need to decide where you want to live and start looking in the area.  

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

I used to work in software development and teach software engineering now.  There are lots of job going begging in the USA, but it is hard to find them.  You almost need to decide where you want to live and start looking in the area.  

It would definitely be in the warmer areas, mainly Texas, and surrounds. For us it fire arms and home schooling laws/policies play a major role. At the moment most countries have the closed borders issue, and unemployment has sky rocketed. All companies looking for international employees have to show that they did extensive searches for nationals to fill the job first, before they are allowed to appoint someone from outside the country. This has always been the case, but currently due to Corona it is more strictly controlled, and harder for us. *shrug* I am just taking it as it comes. Brandt only mentions it when he tells me he is applying for a job.

Our police clearances were only couriered today, so we'll hopefully receive it Monday.

------------------------------------

I went to town around 9am, and was back around 10h30-10h45. There were again a lot of police visible, with a road block, and I was again not stopped. I bought more snacks than real food, but we'll have stuff for our lunchboxes again.

I also mowed the lawn this afternoon, and pulled out a lot of weeds! Seriously a lot! The boys decided that while I was outside, they'll help me in the garden, for extra money. They picked up dog poop, nearly emptied two bottles of insect spray (the normal ones!) on termite and ant nests, and picked up sticks and branches so I won't mow over them.

Much, much less PMS! No cramps! More energy! compared to last month this time. I just need to sort out my sleeping.

------------------------------------

I've been playing an arcade first person shooter called: Heavy Fire Afghanistan, in which you play the role of a Marine. It is highly frustrating as you don't control any movement except when he ducks, reloads, or tries to pick up ammo or med packs! Someone would be shouting "Watch out! Here they come! Open fire!" but instead of then aiming or going towards the enemy, they swing your character around and you basically shoot at your own men, before aiming at the enemy! When I realised the pattern, I obviously started ignoring their calls. They move your character around so much, that you can hardly aim to pick up med packs, or ammunition. The best accuracy I could muster was only 60%. But as frustrating as it is, it is also highly addictive, or I'm just a person who can't stop if I haven't proven myself, because I play a scene over and over. It would be a great game if the developers could change it to give movement control to the player, and not have it as an arcade game anymore!

WEEK 0 - Challenge Goals so far

Pray/Bible study: Yes, something every day.

Weight: Done for the week. Was stable at 92 on Mo.

Sleep: Been after 21h45 most nights.

Cleaning: Done: floors, dusting, polishing, bathrooms, kitchen, laundry

Shooting: Done: magazine changes, grip and pointing, unholster, and holster, videos.

Chosen BW: Done on Tuesday - 3 sets during the day.

Space BW: Done on Thursday - 2 sets in the morning, then 3rd set in the afternoon.

Garden/DIY: Friday mowed the lawn and pulled out weeds.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I just googled "SQL jobs in San Antonio" and got a LOT of results (Only one when I googled Delphi jobs). Just FYI.

:)  I told Brandt. He is keeping Texas in mind.

------------------------------------------------------

Received this article on trauma through a group in South Africa. I've only read a little bit, definitely want to read through the whole thing later today. Thought I'd share here, knowing a lot of us go through difficult times.

https://www.afriforum.co.za/en/the-impact-of-trauma/

• Like 1

Ok, to start with, I think week 0 went mostly great. Ok, maybe in the good category, with some things to improve on: Still figuring out bible study to do continually. Sleep! And I did some extra gardening on Saturday - two hours spraying weeds to kill them down to the roots (will pull next weekend), and also pulling weeds in the flower beds around the house. Also the laundry.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, with that done... Was seriously upset about some articles I've read (and listened to) over the weekend, but then also cheered up when I read about two organisations helping people in need. No race specified! You need food, you need help, they try their best. And some farmers provide directly to them. Also read and told you about some grocery stores which are emptying some of their shelves, and either getting products from small businesses in to sell (no markups, and proceeds go directly to those businesses), or ask people to buy those products at those stores, if they are open. More and more places are doing this. We also decided to change some of our donations. Seeing as the boys' sport expenses are cut, we are using that money for donations. Not to any government fund though. Private places.

More SA government drama with them having decided at some point last week that they want to stop all online shopping, and other points (like withholding information and accurate numbers on Corona). One of the above organisations have now started a constitutional court case against them. They want answers by Thursday this week. Watch this space. *shaking head*

I forgot to vacuum the house on Sunday. I did it today, but Brandt was super busy, so I didn't wash the floors. Does it still count, even if I didn't do it on the specified day? The days are just the preferred days, as long as the job gets done eventually. So I think it counts. *shrug*

Our Police Clearance certificates were delivered this afternoon. They expire end of October.

Oh, yes... my mom phoned Sunday morning while I was busy making breakfast. She wished me a happy Mother's Day and waited for me to answer her back. I said thanks, but the rest of the words got stuck in my mouth. Didn't want to say it. I asked her how she was doing. Her tongue was dragging a bit, so her meds had kicked in. She said she was fine and happy. Doing well. We said goodbye, she wished me a nice day further, and I did the same for her. And that was it. We hadn't even realised it was m'day, to tell the truth. I only asked twice for something from Brandt, which were the first m'day after each boy was born, otherwise we don't celebrate it.

Brandt's mom phoned later on. She spoke mostly to Brandt. She doesn't believe in m'day (or any of those days) at all. Chatted a little bit with me, then to each of the boys.

Nothing else.

1669831257_shameonthemoon.jpg.c1a47539184aefa172feb6425eaa8c6d.jpg

• Like 4

WEEK 1 - Challenge Goals so far

Pray/Bible study: Yes. Rocco wants to do it (and did it) with me. We'll listen to it in the evenings during dinner from now on.

Weight: Monday 92.4kg, Tuesday 94kg. What happened?

Sleep: None before 22h00.

Cleaning: Floors vacuumed, some dusting and wiping of surfaces. Some bathroom, laundry, all the bins.

Shooting: Magazine changes, grip and aim. Holster and unholster, as well as taking f.a. off surface, as I don't carry it on me during the day, here at home. Some videos, and main focus was on mag changes and proper grip.

Chosen BW: Done today (Tuesday) - 3 sets. If I can just start, then I get it done.

Space BW: Still to do.

Garden/DIY: Still to do.

Saw one of Brandt's colleagues, and his little girl, walking past our house this morning, when I put the refuse bags out for collection. Had a short chat with him. Waved at the neighbours, and they waved back. There were the usual people doing the rounds.

Early morning both boys were up, and were in awe of the sunrise. They actually watched it quietly for a bit, before coming back into the house. It was spectacular, like a mini rainbow, except no green.

The troop of monkeys were back again this afternoon, storming the dogs and Rocco. This time Adam was at the back as well, and I was just too late in getting a photo of the two of them swinging brooms around, chasing the monkeys away! :D

• Like 4