• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rookie

Rookie, Do Hear Those Drums?

1: 1700 calories a day [3/6]

2: Ankle exercises 5 days a week [5/5]

3: Pick 3 things to "Seize the day" and do them [6/6]

My seize the days today (even though I didn't have to)

1. Make dinner (been fighting with this lately)

2. Draw out the hands and butterfly drawing

3. Switch CoD from my ps4 to my external harddrive

• Like 4

Hey everyone ... welcome to another week :)

So this weekend has been crazy and feels so busy with my barn days especially since they are in the middle of the day. Yesterday was gloomy and kept randomly spitting or threatening to rain. Someone didn't run away this time lol cough cough Daisy. We had a nice ride and I did a bit more until my ankle got tired then I stopped and my ankle feels no worse for the wear today. So yay success. Yesterday also turned out to be Daisys birthday! :) Shes 15 now. Yay happy birthday Daisy.

I have switched my ankle exercises over to now using the wobble board. I think I am ready for the next progression which is to stand on it while holding a chair and do the forward, side, clockwise, counter clock wise movements. Kind of nervous for that because it seems like a good way to sprain your ankle :P

Todays seize the day!

1. Call horse insurance people and set up monthly billing on my CC [check]

2. Peel shrimp so the shells can go in compost tomorrow [✓]

3. Work on painting [✓]

• Like 5

Can we borrow some of your rain? It has been sunny here for too long now; I want to stop watering the yard! (also I want quieter streets)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Waanie said:

Can we borrow some of your rain? It has been sunny here for too long now; I want to stop watering the yard! (also I want quieter streets)

You may but I feel the need to let you know that it is also sometimes snow. So if you are okay with that.... it is yours!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rookie said:

Yesterday also turned out to be Daisys birthday! :) Shes 15 now. Yay happy birthday Daisy.

Aw, happy birthday Daisy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rookie said:

You may but I feel the need to let you know that it is also sometimes snow. So if you are okay with that.... it is yours!

We got some ourselves now, but thanks for the offer :lol:.

• Haha 2

1: 1700 calories a day [0/7]

2: Ankle exercises 5 days a week [1/5]

3: Pick 3 things to "Seize the day" and do them [1/7]

Todays seize the day!

- Work on a painting [✓]

- Turn the water back on for the outside [✓]

- Find a song for guitar and practice it [✓]

I was going to learn Sweet Caroline on the guitar but I needed a capo and I didn't understand part of the tab... So I switched to the Redemption song. Basically I've always wanted to be able to play at a campfire. So what time is better than now. 

And butterfly hands take 2. 

20200512_212636.thumb.jpg.0d39f33d0ac2f9047cbb8e9cd98fde26.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I hope I am not too late. Glad to hear the painting is going well, and I hope your ankle is feeling better.

You could never be late 😊 just in time! The exercises seem to be helping for giving it more stamina. And I rode so yay! First time in 2 months

• Like 3

I really like how you do three "special" things every day :).

12 hours ago, Rookie said:

Basically I've always wanted to be able to play at a campfire. So what time is better than now. 

This is great, I've never seen the guitar in that light. Have you been playing for long?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Waanie said:

I really like how you do three "special" things every day :).

Sometimes it's hard to come up with things haha

4 hours ago, Waanie said:

This is great, I've never seen the guitar in that light. Have you been playing for long?

Not really. I took some lessons when I was younger but maybe for only a year and I'm not very good lol I stumble a lot

• Like 3

1: 1700 calories a day [1/7]

2: Ankle exercises 5 days a week [2/5]

3: Pick 3 things to "Seize the day" and do them [2/7]

Todays seize the day!

- Work on a painting 

- Put new yeast in old yeast jar

- [TBD]

• Like 3

1: 1700 calories a day [1/7]

2: Ankle exercises 5 days a week [4/5]

3: Pick 3 things to "Seize the day" and do them [2/7]

I did nothing at all that I expected to yesterday aside from ankle exercises. It just didn't happen. I expect I will do nothing again today but I might at least stay under my calories for the day. I just have some private life stuff going on right now which makes me not want to do it. 

• Like 3

On 5/14/2020 at 12:20 PM, Rookie said:

I just have some private life stuff going on right now which makes me not want to do it. 

Hope everything is okay. *hugs*

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Hope everything is okay. *hugs*

Yah it's ok. Just dealing with some personal stuff. But I think we are good for now 👍👍

Ankle exercise [✓]

Seize the day [✓]

Seize the day!

- get lunch things from store [✓]

- mow the lawns [✓]

- chill in hammock [✓]

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

Yah it's ok. Just dealing with some personal stuff. But I think we are good for now 👍👍

Good :). I hope it will all turn out alright!

• Like 3

On 5/16/2020 at 8:47 PM, Rookie said:

- chill in hammock [✓]

That sounds like a really good goal for that day. Hope this week is off to a good start.

• Like 1

Lol thanks everyone! :)

Saturday was such a nice warm day! I went and rode Daisy, stopped at walmart on the way home because we were running low on lunch items then mowed the lawns. After all that I hung out in my hammock for the first time this year. I definitely wanted to do more of that over the long weekend but the weather had other plans. Sunday I went and rode Daisy, it was really windy and overcast the whole time. Luckily the rain held off until I was done at the barn and on my way home and ever since then its been rainy and gloomy lol.

I didn't do much over the weekend. But some highlights aside from barn time was I made beef barley soup and bread which turned out yummy. And I planted my lettuce stub, some jalapeno and coriander seeds which I have been meaning to do.

Seize the day:

- Do laundry

- Track the food

- Do the ankle exercises

• Like 4

Pictures from this past weekend :)

Spoiler

daisy2.thumb.jpg.1a4d445a08880cf1306b949e3cf47d9e.jpg

Happy girl actually took a few steps towards me to say Hi ❤️ I think she is used to me being around again haha.

daisy1.thumb.jpg.9b0a06d1d3f059b975202c269ab2f11c.jpg

Taking selfies with a horse is HARD lol.

98196635_670225960440817_5425709052619390976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=IOqVr8GSXZcAX8AKMu9&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=1685e2c7c6239a406f7e3b104d66386f&oe=5EEA06E3

This was the best bread I have met so far. Which ... it was also the least effort? 

I thought I had a picture of my butterfly hands v2 painting so far but I guess I haven't taken one. Butterfly is filled in roughly. I need to tone down the hands because they are on the more pink side I think. 

• Like 4

Jumping on the bandwagon :) I also like the idea of three things a day, maybe one day! I have had three empty canvases chilling behind my desk for ages. I think I'll go ahead and "ruin them" in the second half of June (since I haven't painted in ages). As long as I follow your threads (all the fun progress photos) I should keep having that creative itch going on :) 

The dish from this weekend and the bread look tastyyy

• Like 3