• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rookie

Rookie, Do Hear Those Drums?

1 hour ago, analoggirl said:

Jumping on the bandwagon :) I also like the idea of three things a day, maybe one day! I have had three empty canvases chilling behind my desk for ages. I think I'll go ahead and "ruin them" in the second half of June (since I haven't painted in ages). As long as I follow your threads (all the fun progress photos) I should keep having that creative itch going on :)

YES MORE CREATIVE TIMES ❤️ and its not ruining your canvases ;) I took a picture of the hands and butterfly 

98039060_885401815270059_4104632075066277888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=kgclRfzON3QAX8jRLL2&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=2a0443a360c7424eb4e181160645dfe3&oe=5EE9E155

1 hour ago, analoggirl said:

The dish from this weekend and the bread look tastyyy

It wasssssss. The bread especially.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I reflexively went PPPPPPPPPPP with my lips when I saw the horsey pic.

Lol oh Tank

----

So I did the laundry and the ankle exercises on my wobble board. My ankle was clicking while I was doing it which was weird. I'm also not sure if I'm being as much out of the wobble board exercises because this video is less structured. It didn't tell me how long to do each, it just find through the motions. Oh and I did a bonus action of weed whacking my lawns mohawk lol. 

I got 2 more inquiries about commissions tonight from friends. I'm thinking I should get a website up for my art. I really think it would be great to be able to do painting full time one day but the fear of taking on too much is real. But baby steps.. I need to figure out price lists and get the website. Right now I just charge $100 / subject in the painting up to the size 16x20" (mainly because I have these on hand). After that its $100 + price of the canvas since I usually need to pick that up. But I think I'm at the point I'm ready to raise my prices. I know nothing about business though haha.

My dream life is getting to work from home most of the time. My schedule would have some flexibility to go visit horses whenever I feel the need during the day, go to the beach or go for a hike. My job would also make enough to cover my life expenses on top of any horse expenses and travel I want to do which might be tricky lol. 

• Like 5

Aww, pretty Daisy! And the food looks really good. :) Also love the butterfly painting!

57 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I got 2 more inquiries about commissions tonight from friends. I'm thinking I should get a website up for my art.

Yay for more commissions! I think a website is a great idea. :) 

• Like 1

I totally forgot about tracking my food yesterday even though I made it as my seize the day. I really need to do better with the eating I have been floating around 254.6 to 256.8lbs. But the ice cream cravings have been real. This month I have also been very relaxed with my spending which is a bad thing. 

Today I am working with my feet resting on my wobble board and my bad ankle in its brace because my ankle has felt off for a few days now. Not that they are horrible I just think I am being more carefree about it and maybe resting my foot in positions that are not good for it in the long term. I might try riding in my ankle brace today as well if I get to the barn in time. 

Seize the day! 

1. Do surgery on dog painting to remove stupid dog hairs that got varnished in [✓]

2. Fold laundry [✓]

3. Read [✓]

• Like 3

I will need to do some touch ups on the dog painting because you can very plainly see where the hairs were. I am hoping just repainting those areas will help. Then I can re-varnish. And hopefully all will be well in the world.

This morning I woke up around 4am 😢Thanks body lol My hip feels off and that might of been why. I ended up not falling asleep for a few hours after that then had to get up for work. 

I exceeded my calorie target for the day but I get points because I tracked! And I was still technically in a deficit.. just not a huge one. 

Seize the day:

- Some yoga poses for my hip [✓]

- Touch up dog painting

- Make chicken and rice casserole

• Like 4

I forgot to mention I also researched my ankle exercises a bit more so now I have a better idea of how long to do each movement and how to know when to progress to the next difficulty. I'm going to limit myself to just walking while horse back riding too for awhile because I think it's been doing no favours to go above a walk. So I'm looking up things Daisy and I can practice at a walk to keep things interesting. 

Update...

Ankle exercises done 💪 

Tonight was supposed to be a relaxed do whatever night but that changed. We are now doing to say goodbye to my BFs family dog once he finishes work. So my third seize the day will be to make the planned dinner even if we don't end up eating it once we get back.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Rookie said:

I forgot to mention I also researched my ankle exercises a bit more so now I have a better idea of how long to do each movement and how to know when to progress to the next difficulty. I'm going to limit myself to just walking while horse back riding too for awhile because I think it's been doing no favours to go above a walk. So I'm looking up things Daisy and I can practice at a walk to keep things interesting. 

That's smart! I can imagine that just walking can get boring for you both after a while, so I hope that you'll find some fun exercises :). I'm also so glad that the barn is allowed to open up somewhat :).

• Like 2

Instead of 3 seize the day tasks I had 1 big mission. And that was to drive BFs parents to the vet so they could PTS their dog. All things considered it went well and they really appreciated me offering to drive. This was their dad got to sit in the back with Leo and pet him the whole way to the vet instead of driving. ♥️ 

I'm also doing some of my tasks from yesterday that I didn't end up doing. So the no peak chicken is in the oven and I might end up working on touching up the dog painting. I'm not sure yet. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Waanie said:

That's smart! I can imagine that just walking can get boring for you both after a while, so I hope that you'll find some fun exercises :). I'm also so glad that the barn is allowed to open up somewhat :).

Yes! And with the forecast this week I don't mind being stuck at a walk 😉

• Like 1

Today is feeling like summer! It's going to be a scorcher lol. Usually this weekend is when my sister and I go to the anime convention but it's been cancelled obviously. It's sad seeing all the posts on the Facebook group of people who really rely on the con and look forward to it all year round. I wish I felt as much passion about it as they do lol but I'm okay. I enjoy going but I'm not devastated. I'll probably just watch some anime to commemorate it lol maybe get some sushi. 

Seize the day!!

- weed front + back 

- mow lawns

- varnish doggo painting

I feel I'm having a real issue with my eating still. We've been ordering food a lot. I recognize that when I feel pressure, or random plans happen or I am on the low spectrum it's easier to just order food but I need to stop. And I need to cool it on going to DQ. I wanted to go yesterday so bad.. so I ate a mango. I wasn't even hungry.

• Like 4

Saturday I mowed the front lawn and yesterday I weeded the back a bit before the heat really came. This weekend was pretty nice. Both days Daisy and I just went for a walk in the 40 acre field (Saturday by our self and Sunday with a friend). I spent some hammock reading time which was nice. I think I need an umbrella for the sun though haha. We also started watching the Stranger Things and are on season 2. I finished Harry Potter finally on Friday and I started re-reading "The Song of the Lioness" series. I am almost done the first book. It would also seem my cilantro seeds sprouted over the weekend as well as 3 of my jalapeno ones.

I am not currently sure what my seize the days will be today.. I have a few ideas which will depend on the weather and how hot it is outside. I want to move my little basils and such outside but I am worried if its windy or if we get the thunderstorms it will kill them. 

• Like 4

Our jars came in for making sauerkraut :) We will soon start that project once I do groceries.

Seize the day! 

- Finish the meal plan

- Varnish the doggo

- Project relocate art corner (multistep)

Boyfriend asked if I could give him my art space so he could use it as an "office" and his computer desk until things go back to normal.* So now I need to figure out a new art space because I still have a lot of paintings to do. Right now it is between the basement with a stand up easel (super dark and cold)  or the upstairs office where my plants are (but then I have no home/work separation). I am leaning more towards making the office a split art area. But I did like the idea of the standing easel since I sit way too much. I will also need to figure out what to do with the boxes of donations I have lying around. I could put them in the garage for now but boyfriend has started using the garage to work on his guitar project he's doing right now. 

* I did offer to take turns in the actual office of our house but he claims its too echoy for phone calls in here. Which might be part of it but I don't think thats his only reasoning.. I think he likes being on the main floor where he can feel like he is not isolated / stuck to 1 room. 

Project relocate art corner for BFs mental health...

- bring plants outside

- bring canvases, paint, easel upstairs

- put donations in garage

- relocate any random stuff around the art table

- move side table somewhere else

- put bathbomb stuff in basement

Bonus tasks in case I have the time and energy

- replant cilantro into bigger pots

- mow back lawn

- continue battle of the weeds in backyard

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rookie said:

I started re-reading "The Song of the Lioness" series.

I love this series (all of her Tortall books really)! Good luck with today's tasks. :) 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 5:05 AM, Rookie said:

I'm thinking I should get a website up for my art. I really think it would be great to be able to do painting full time one day but the fear of taking on too much is real. But baby steps.. I need to figure out price lists and get the website.

Could Etsy be an option? Haven't used it myself, but it seems like an easy option to get something out there fairly quickly. Can always make your own website later...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I love this series (all of her Tortall books really)! Good luck with today's tasks. :) 

Me too and I forgot just how much I love it lol. I actually did none of my tasks. I asked boyfriend if he was ready to use my art corner and he said not yet. Instead we hung out and I helped him with his side project a bit. Then we watched stranger things and went for an icecream. I did work on the meal plan a bit at least but I didn't finish it. 

5 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Could Etsy be an option? Haven't used it myself, but it seems like an easy option to get something out there fairly quickly. Can always make your own website later...

Oh I can make my own website easy peasy. It's just the designing of it that I get stuck on. I made an Etsy a few years back but I've noticed it's very hard to get noticed. I've had people favourite my listings but never purchase one. I could retry now I suppose 😊 but this will be after I get some of my more recent commissions done. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

Oh I can make my own website easy peasy. It's just the designing of it that I get stuck on. I made an Etsy a few years back but I've noticed it's very hard to get noticed. I've had people favourite my listings but never purchase one.

Yeah, I bet it's a pretty crowded place. I thought of it more as a place where you could point people who were asking you directly. And that it would help with payments

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Yeah, I bet it's a pretty crowded place. I thought of it more as a place where you could point people who were asking you directly. And that it would help with payments

It really is. They recommend you have lots of listings with different titles with buzzwords that would be found in the search algorithm. And if you have no sales yet.... good luck lol you tend to show up 20 pages into the search. Etsy takes 3.5% of your earnings which is fine but you also have to pay to list things. And those listings expire after 4 months or when they sell. I am not active enough for that to be worth it right now. It was a good thought though. I am just thinking a simple website with a little blurb about me, some picture galleries, paintings for sale and contact me. 

• Like 5

I woke up with a headache behind my left eye. I am thinking it might be a combination of the heat yesterday and not sleeping well. I tried to lay in bed until my morning meeting but dogs spent the first 10 mins of that just being loud and nutballs. I hope I feel better soon because staring at a screen for 7hrs sill not be fun lol 

Seize the day!

1. Dedicate time for online banking [✓]

2. Meal Plan [✓]

3. Do groceries [✓]

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rookie said:

I woke up with a headache behind my left eye. I am thinking it might be a combination of the heat yesterday and not sleeping well. I tried to lay in bed until my morning meeting but dogs spent the first 10 mins of that just being loud and nutballs. I hope I feel better soon because staring at a screen for 7hrs sill not be fun lol 

Hope you're feeling better. Headaches are no fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

Hope you're feeling better. Headaches are no fun.

Thanks :) For the most part its subsided. Glad to see you back after a crazy week

• Like 1

I did my meal plan for the next 2 weeks. I wouldn't say its my best work but its done and my grocery list is made. A few meals will just be BBQd meat and veggies. Some are really simple and require little effort because it is pasta or premade frozen foods. 

I plan to go shopping directly after work to pick up groceries because I need to pick up food for tonight's dinner as well. I am not sure what dinner will be tonight but I am 100% serious when I say I would honestly be fine with just having cereal for dinner lol. I feel the housemates wouldn't feel the same way though. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

I plan to go shopping directly after work to pick up groceries because I need to pick up food for tonight's dinner as well. I am not sure what dinner will be tonight but I am 100% serious when I say I would honestly be fine with just having cereal for dinner lol. I feel the housemates wouldn't feel the same way though. 

If they don't want cereal they can fix something themselves.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rookie said:

Thanks :) For the most part its subsided. Glad to see you back after a crazy week

Weeks don't seem likely to get much less crazy anytime soon, but I am much better off here than not, so happy to be back.

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Amen to that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

True. I ended up deciding on Roma pizza (the big slab room temperature pizza with just sauce.. not sure if that's only a thing in my area) but then the store didn't have any because of corona I guess so I just ordered pizza from our fav plaza. 

46 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Weeks don't seem likely to get much less crazy anytime soon, but I am much better off here than not, so happy to be back.

😊 We will take what Whisper we can get!

---

I did all my seize the day tasks! And a bonus task of mowing the front and back yards and clipping dog nails. I even got to sit in my hammock for a bit but had to end it because bugs and dogs lol. 1 dog likes to keep thrusting his soccer ball into the hammock with me. 1 likes to brace against the hammock trying to lick my face. And the little dog likes to run and ram into the hammock trying to get under it where the big dogs can't chase lol bunch of weirdos

• Like 5