• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rookie

Rookie, Do Hear Those Drums?

6 hours ago, Rookie said:

1 dog likes to keep thrusting his soccer ball into the hammock with me. 1 likes to brace against the hammock trying to lick my face. And the little dog likes to run and ram into the hammock trying to get under it where the big dogs can't chase lol bunch of weirdos

Your dogs are crazy. I like them.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:47 PM, Jupiter said:

I love this series (all of her Tortall books really)!

Me too! Although I do prefer her other series, with the magical kids, which I have read so many times :).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Waanie said:

Your dogs are crazy. I like them.

They sure are lol I do too

4 hours ago, Waanie said:

Me too! Although I do prefer her other series, with the magical kids, which I have read so many times :).

Is that one the Immortals? I think I remember that one having kids who talk to animals? I could be wrong lol it was a very long time ago since I read them. I never did finish that series but I will this time around.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Is that one the Immortals? I think I remember that one having kids who talk to animals? I could be wrong lol it was a very long time ago since I read them. I never did finish that series but I will this time around.

No, I meant the "Circle of magic" series. I'm not sure whether I finished the Immortals series, it was also some time ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Waanie said:

No, I meant the "Circle of magic" series. I'm not sure whether I finished the Immortals series, it was also some time ago.

Ohh right. I don't own that one. I bet the library has it though :) Once I finish these ones I will check it out. 

• Like 3

Oooh, I haven't read any of her not-Tortall books yet, but of the cycles I've read from her Immortals is my favorite - there was a lot of really fascinating world building in it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Waanie said:

I think I started that series at the wrong point because I tried one of the books, felt totally lost, and stopped reading LOL. 

• Like 1

The weather has no clue what it wants to do lol It goes from super gloomy to really bright (but still kind of gloomy). It is also really hot... but its not too bad outside as long as the sun is hiding. I ate my lunch outside with the doggos, then pulled some of the weeds. I would of liked to do more but the dogs kept getting into shenanigans. I came inside and I decided to make the banana bread finally. I have had the bananas thawing in the fridge for a little while and was worried they would go bad. Depending on if it rains or not after riding I might pull more weeds. The weeds are the terrible ones that take over everything and they are literally everywhere. And they become vines which makes it every harder to keep under control. I am hoping if I spend a bit every day to do it, that they will eventually go away. There are also some more saplings I  missed and they are impossible to pull because they are in between pavers. I pulled off the leaves but I am not great at killing saplings I have been unable to pull.  I just hope that eventually they will die since I keep pulling off the leaves.

Seize the day! 

- Make banana bread [✓]

- Pull some weeds in the backyard [✓]

- fill bike tires [✓]

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

I think I started that series at the wrong point because I tried one of the books, felt totally lost, and stopped reading LOL. 

The beginning was a bit strange indeed (Sandry's book is the first one, I wouldn't recommend starting with the second series). It's a beautiful world though, and I really enjoyed the stories :).

Good job on starting with weeding! I dislike weeding, also because after a week it seems like it was all for nothing. I hope you'll win this fight against the weeds though. I have half given up our fight against some sort of clover with yellow flowers that look cute, if only it wouldn't be on the terrace.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Waanie said:

Good job on starting with weeding! I dislike weeding, also because after a week it seems like it was all for nothing. I hope you'll win this fight against the weeds though. I have half given up our fight against some sort of clover with yellow flowers that look cute, if only it wouldn't be on the terrace.

We have flowers that are also taking over.. but they are cute and blue... so they are allowed to. No clue if they are weeds or wildflowers or an actual flower. I also have no clue where they came from lol. But as far as I am concerned they may stay because they are cute and they don't become vines and intertwine with the grass and other plants.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

No clue if they are weeds or wildflowers or an actual flower. I also have no clue where they came from lol.

like = actual for me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are apps that can help with plant-identification. You take a picture of it, and it tells you which plant it is. It helped us a lot when we moved into this house, since there's so many garden plants and we didn't know most of the plants and whether they were weeds or not :rolleyes:.

• Like 5

On 5/28/2020 at 5:49 AM, Waanie said:

There are apps that can help with plant-identification. You take a picture of it, and it tells you which plant it is. It helped us a lot when we moved into this house, since there's so many garden plants and we didn't know most of the plants and whether they were weeds or not :rolleyes:.

I tried a local one but it wasn't very good. Maybe I'll try to find another. 

---

Yesterday I took my time grooming Daisy. Then we worked from the ground with treats on something. We then just hung out while she grazed. It was a warm one and sometimes it's nice just hanging out.

I filled my bike tires last night and rode it around my driveway. The tires don't feel great so I will probably swap them out for the new ones I got but the bike on a whole is feeling too small and I think I need to live up the gears or something. 

Seize the day!

- look up bike maintenance video [check]

- varnish doggo [check]

- Clean oil spray dispenser + boil eggs for egg salad [check]

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rookie said:

the bike on a whole is feeling too small

I always have this feeling when on a bike in a foreign country ;). Your bike is definitely smaller than mine.

Have you tried to set the handlebars higher? That always makes a bike feel somewhat bigger.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Waanie said:

I always have this feeling when on a bike in a foreign country ;). Your bike is definitely smaller than mine.

Have you tried to set the handlebars higher? That always makes a bike feel somewhat bigger.

I remember trying to back when I was swapping out the seat. Either they didn't go higher or I couldn't figure it out. I will look again next time I am working on it. It would make me feel a lot better if they were higher.

---

Just weighed myself and I am 259.5lbs which means I have gained 5lbs. This was expected with my unhealthy eating habits lately but still sad to see.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

Just weighed myself and I am 259.5lbs which means I have gained 5lbs. This was expected with my unhealthy eating habits lately but still sad to see.

That does happen, I'm in the same range - it can be frustrating 😕 but you've also been dealing with a lot while trying to get things back under control. Glad you got to go hand out with Daisy though

• Like 2

I was talking with the BF and he decided he no longer wants to continue with IF because hes not losing weight doing it. Which I just thought it was something he could try because I thought it would cut some calories but he substituted those in as snacks later on in the day. And maybe it would of worked better if he was still going at work but being home snacking is easy. So I guess it is time for revamping the diet again. He does not want to track calories or food at all which makes it hard but I am hoping if we come up with healthy snacks and what meals will help our bodies shed some fat then we will be able to continue with it.  Easier said then done. Of course this week I went a bit crazy and bought chocolate bars and chips for tomorrows movie night and some icecream and stuff to have pumpernickel with spinach dip because he wanted some.  I even got chip dip which I never do but quite frankly I was wanting it for awhile so no regrets there. 

I have no clue what average sized people have for lunches haha. I am trying to come up with a list of healthy snacks and lunches that we can just pick and go. I am feeling overwhelmed by the amount of effort needed to lose weight lol its just so easy to gain weight.

My lunch idea list:
- Soup with sandwich (soups: split pea and ham, beef barley, chicken noodle, lentil.... sandwiches: chicken salad, egg salad, tuna, cold cuts)

- Flatbread pizza (lots of veggies and some chicken)

- Chicken tacos (with lettuce, slaw and tomato)

- Burrito bowl (ground beef/chicken, some rice, black beans, corn, tomatos, lettuce, peppers)

- Chicken greek wrap (chicken, lettuce, tomato, pickles, olives,  tzatziki, feta)

- Buffalo chicken wraps (chicken strips, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, tomato, cheddar cheese, lettuce) 

- Quesadillas (onion, tomato, chicken, peppers)

- Pasta loaded with veggies

- Garlic bread w/ garden salad

- Taco salad (ground beef, salsa, lettuce, tomato, peppers)

But honestly these seem a bit overwhelming. I might just try to mostly do the soups and salads while we are stuck at home and throw in the odd fun one for variety or if we have leftovers to use up.

Snack Ideas

- fruit

- toast w/ nutella and fruit on the side

- Hardboiled egg on toast

- "egg" muffin (eggs done in the cupcake tin with lots of veggies and cheese)

- Cup-a-soup

- Hummus with veggies and pita

- Yogurt parfait (yogurt, fresh fruit, granola)

- smoothie

- air popped popcorn + 2 tsp butter

- nuts

- trail mix

- pickles

- tuna salad with crackers

- apple slices with peanut butter

- banana icecream

- cut up melon 

And then on top of this we need to start moving more. I am trying to find a cheap elliptical because BF gets bad shin splints and doesn't know how to ride a bike. So I figure an elliptical could be good while we lose weight. And doing some beginner body weight stuff. I always say this thought and never follow through because I am perfectly happy not exercising but he thinks thats the key to him losing weight. So maybe we can motivate each other.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, NightWatcher13 said:

That does happen, I'm in the same range - it can be frustrating 😕 but you've also been dealing with a lot while trying to get things back under control. Glad you got to go hand out with Daisy though

Very true but I need better willpower and discipline. I am just so scared I will shoot back up to 280lbs. 

• Like 1

Considering lunch, I usually have 4 slices of wholegrain bread with cheese (around 60g of cheese in total). This is a really standard lunch in NL, although many women my size eat 2 or 3 slices (and scale down the cheese accordingly). Many also drink milk or buttermilk, and eating fruit or raw vegetables is recommended (like eating mini-tomatoes or mini-carrots). 

Maybe you can plan out a bit how many calories you'd like to eat with each meal? E.g. 300kcal for breakfast, 500kcal for lunch, 600 kcal for dinner and 300kcal for snacks?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Waanie said:

Considering lunch, I usually have 4 slices of wholegrain bread with cheese (around 60g of cheese in total). This is a really standard lunch in NL, although many women my size eat 2 or 3 slices (and scale down the cheese accordingly). Many also drink milk or buttermilk, and eating fruit or raw vegetables is recommended (like eating mini-tomatoes or mini-carrots). 

I do like how simple that is. I would probably need 2-3 since you are way more active then me. Or at least until I get my bike out there  ;) I really need to get another food scale. 

1 minute ago, Waanie said:

Maybe you can plan out a bit how many calories you'd like to eat with each meal? E.g. 300kcal for breakfast, 500kcal for lunch, 600 kcal for dinner and 300kcal for snacks?

That is a good idea as well. I will play around with the numbers and see what I can do. I think breakfast is easy. He can eat the same thing every day for breakfast and I can modify depending on how hungry I am or not but keep it around the same number.

• Like 3

It's so cool that you and your BF are doing this together! I'm totally with your BF in that I hate calorie counting and I can't ride a bike, but that doesn't have to hold us back on our respective journeys. Your lunch list looks delicious!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

It's so cool that you and your BF are doing this together! I'm totally with your BF in that I hate calorie counting and I can't ride a bike, but that doesn't have to hold us back on our respective journeys. Your lunch list looks delicious!

I didn't get a chance to go over it with him yesterday :( He was busy working on a work presentation until 10:30pm. I hope this is something we can pursue together! We will see :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

This song is really beautiful and powerful. 

Seize the day! 

- put money into joint / another varnish coat on doggo [✓]

- Replant cilantro [✓]

- Fill oil spray dispenser [✓]

Yesterday was a gloomy rainy day and today again is gloomy but so far no rain :) Last night I made "Flamin hot" chicken sandwiches and corn on the cob... Basically check breast coated in crushed flamin hot cheetos lol. The sandwich had mayo mixed with buffalo sauce, homemade pickled jalapenos, ranch dressing, mozza cheese.. and on my sandwich I added cucumber. It was REAL good... surprisingly good lol. While the chicken was cooking I cleaned my oil sprayer and varnished the doggo painting. We watched an episode of Stranger Things while we ate then BF had to go work for the rest of the night so I just curled up on the couch and read my book. It was a good night and I finished the second book. 

Boyfriend asked to use the office for his presentation so I need to relocate and I also want to clean up the desk a bit for him. So I will do that before lunch. Cause half of the desk is basil, cilantro and little jalapeno sprouts under a grow light lol. I am not sure what will happen tonight. Boyfriend might have a social call after work... he says he wants to skip it but he usually ends up on it anyways. If that is the case then he will likely be doing that until 6:30 so I will probably paint or read in that time. If he is not doing that then we will likely watch Stranger Things the rest of the night and eat our bad snackies. Usually Friday is movie night but we are almost done Stranger Things lol. 

Somewhere in there I will also do my ankle exercise. And tomorrow is the 1 day GISH mini-hunt thing. ^__^ That will be fun. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Rookie said:

This song is really beautiful and powerful. 

Yes, it is. Thank you for sharing it.

24 minutes ago, Rookie said:

varnished the doggo painting

Woo hoo!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 9:52 AM, Rookie said:

I was talking with the BF and he decided he no longer wants to continue with IF because hes not losing weight doing it. Which I just thought it was something he could try because I thought it would cut some calories but he substituted those in as snacks later on in the day. And maybe it would of worked better if he was still going at work but being home snacking is easy. So I guess it is time for revamping the diet again.

Yeah figuring out a diet that works is definitely hard. Just gotta try different things and see how they do. Good luck with the revamping. :)

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

Yesterday was a gloomy rainy day and today again is gloomy but so far no rain :) Last night I made "Flamin hot" chicken sandwiches and corn on the cob... Basically check breast coated in crushed flamin hot cheetos lol. The sandwich had mayo mixed with buffalo sauce, homemade pickled jalapenos, ranch dressing, mozza cheese.. and on my sandwich I added cucumber. It was REAL good... surprisingly good lol.

Oh, that sounds yummy. :)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1