• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

9 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Anyway, I didn't just blow thesis writing off to watch Netflix and drink a cocktail or something in order to celebrate my Level Up, so I'm still going to be happy with my work today. :) Now I'm going to "celebrate" with a nice long meditation session without nagging at myself, and (hopefully) deep sleep.

This is obnoxiously responsible. You're a terrible student. 😜My final student days consisted of drinking an absurd amount of coffee all day long to stay awake, and drink wine in the evenings to be able to sleep. 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

You're a terrible student. 😜

I know right haha

Sometimes I wonder if I am missing something and will become a super party animal at the retro parties in my 50s 

Mostly though, I am a moderate hedonist... The hangover headaches make me stop at "tipsy" on party nights and the restless sleep after most wine nights make me pass on regular alcohol consumption. :D I get off the high/drunkenness of dancing for hours on end, pushing through sleepiness and not drinking enough water lol. It is a lot cheaper than what my peers do :') 

Speaking of peers, I suddenly got this sad feeling that I met some good people during this last year of my studies but didn't manage to make lasting connections with any of them.

I think I did leave some positive impressions and maybe in some years time our paths will cross. But I always feel like it's tough to find people you click with.

Usually I take the more spiritual approach of: "I am grateful I met lovely people" Life flows etc.

But I am feeling very material atm :D Even though I know I wouldn't be able to maintain more friendships than I have atm haha. (Except maybe if I become friends with another person that reaches out on his or her own more.

Which I btw don't mind, in general. I find it a good place to be in to be the one reaching out most of the time. As long as you have people around that respond and appreciate you for doing so.)

oh well. Observing the feeling and letting it go. In general, there's nothing I'd really want to change right now. I am content with the amount and quality of my friendships and acquientences etc. I have. It's just in these little moments that I get meh. 

And the NF community helps a lot with those 😊

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

Sometimes I wonder if I am missing something

Maybe but it's probably not worth the tradeoff haha. 

I've lost touch with so, so many people over the years. On behalf of all other people that are terrible at keeping in touch, thank you for your effort! 😄

• Thanks 1

Whew, I'm not sure if now is the best to be dealing with all of my time-wasting uncomfortable feeling avoiding activities as harsh as I'm trying to do.

But I can't really know, and I feel awesome for doing so (i.e. finally making a serious attempt at conquering it, and further redefining my identity as Someone Who Does the Things) so I will keep at it.

I mean, given how uncomfortable I feel because of the lack of structure, global and local worries, not being able to grocery shop etc. for my grandparents - although they are being as safe as they can be - and having to write a thesis in a month...

It's hit or miss. Idk if I'd written 585 words today if I'd said behind the laptop for a full 7-8 hours without restrictions. Now it took me ages to sit down, have a little wrestle with the Idunwannas, and then got into flow for 2 hours. 

The previous days I did a lot less in the two-three hours time, and might have gotten more absolute numbers if I'd simply sat myself down for longer. But I didn't want to because I''d be missing out on my toys. And the pantry was a lot more interesting to look at than my reading material.

Who knows. And who cares, if I emerge from this confusing bizz as more bad ass than I was before. 

(Oh yeah. I'm going to call myself bad ass right now. Regardless of how drama queen-y my struggles may sound.Because I am still celebrating getting those courses done with, :) )

• Like 5

15 hours ago, analoggirl said:

But I always feel like it's tough to find people you click with.

Yup, I'm with you there. 

1 hour ago, analoggirl said:

I'm going to call myself bad ass right now.

Do it. :)

Youre A Badass GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, analoggirl said:

And who cares, if I emerge from this confusing bizz as more bad ass than I was before.

We do. We care.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Do it. :)

Loud and clear! :)

7 hours ago, Red1263 said:

We do. We care.

Insert emotional mumbling here :D 

Thanks, guys. 

• Like 2

SOOOO

My right wrist is especially nagging at me right now for not using the wrist stablising band for some hours last night.

(I did something weird when I tried to do a back bridge a few days ago when I hadn't done one in ages. Never learnt how to do it properly/safely in the first place. Did it 4-5 times, succeeded to get my head of the ground 1 centimeter and that made me happy but I am still paying for my adventure  :D )

My left wrist a bit too but I think that is what it would have been doing anyway. The chest and desk pushups heavily rely on my thumbs for stabilty and I am sure something's happening there.

@Mad Hatter Should I lay off the push-ups for a bit, like do them every OTHER day? Or keep at em, do better dynamic warmups for the wrists & wear my stabilising band?

I could probably look this up... But just in case you feel like giving me some leads 😇

EDIT: Also, I finally decided I deserve a level (or three) up since the last time I wrote my signature. I distributed my 2 points to DEX and STA because of consistent working out, the Zumba win & the N2R gains :D  I will probably give myself another level at the end of this challenge, giving myself STR and WIS points (pushups & thesis mountain climbing/orientation gains )

EDIT2: I took 1,5 hours during the DAY to focus, but so far I found a thousand things to do besides work on thesis. One of which: oh my chair isn't comfortable. (Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. I need to relax and let myself get into flow.)

Attempt no. 2 to do something productive.

• Like 3

I) Attempt no.2 went better. I still haven't emailed the supervisor.  Wrote a draft the way it came to me but probably will have to rewrite it again. Gotta be more decisive tomorrow.

I cannot have this, whatever this is, plaguing me ... I am sure there will be clients in the future that a part of me won't want to email until I have something perfect to say... But, one dragon at a time. Cannot really prepare for that moment until I get there.

II) Tonight I tried doing my pushups with the stabilising band.  It kept my wrist happy. The tradeoff of having a sweaty band is worth it though I will have to get multiple to be able to throw them in the wash when I need them.

III) I managed to do 1 pushup on the groundddd! Who's the woman? I'm the woman! :D

But I will keep at the toy chest pushups until I feel comfy with them. Maybe attempt 2 ground pushups next time.

VI) Flexibility training # 3 is NOT a good one to juggle N2R with. It's the trunk rotation and extension one and the back stuff always takes me a looong time to first, figure out and second, be mindful of what my body/back does.

For example. Even after doing the supine stretch first, with the trunk rotation to the right, my finger tips were 20 cm away from the wall at first. It took 10+ tries to keep every limb and my back in mind and eventually I came at 2-3 cm away from the wall. 18 cm difference! I do feel really good now but still.

Next week I will try combining N2R and flex on Tuesday or Saturday. 

V) This Youtuber makes me smile :D She also gets really nerdy about music and making entertaining covers/"song X like it would be performed by artist Y with a totally different style"

Spoiler

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

She also gets really nerdy about music and making entertaining covers/"song X like it would be performed by artist Y with a totally different style"

Sounds like Post Modern Jukebox, which I love. I might have to check this out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Post Modern Jukebox

ME TOO :)

She does more pop style things/eclectic mixups though.

Skip to the last 5ish minutes if you aren't interested in the Making Of.

Spoiler

Pomplamoose is cool too if you enjoy Indie music. (I don't always get it but I like most of Ponplamoose.)

• Like 1

For a moment there, I thought that was you!

Congrats on the Leveling up and I'm glad to see that your second attempt went well!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

For a moment there, I thought that was you!

Haha, I did have a similar reaction to when I did my first ground push-up after 7 years :D (And even then, I didn't get past 10 in two times so I am excited to exchange ALL of the current level pushups to 20 ground ones.)

I also have a policy of not showing any identifiable photos on forums :) FWIW, I barely post any photos on my personal social media, so I'm not treating you all much differently than I do my RL contacts :D 

So, nightly session worse than yesterday's thesis word amount wise. I think I was giving myself slack because I had a daily session during which I didn't do NOTHING. 

However, I did read two whole court decisions and got a different opinion about what the author of an article said one of the courts said. It was like he was projecting what the second court said (in a different case) about the first one. That always feels good, like I'm thinking critically and such. Emailed my thoughts for a "second opinion". Much wow, much academic :D (Even if I don't get a (timely) reply from someone, it usually helps my brain with the analysis to talk to someone else... It's more difficult to pretend that something "is evident" when you are explaining it to another person. )

• Like 3

Huh. I am way too awake given the fact I only had half a bottle of iced coffee before 10PM

The birds started singing. It will be sunrise in 40 minutes. I guess I will... meditate for a bit and see how I feel. Might get up. Maybe write some more because I am still thinking about what I last read...

A couple of months ago I was getting almost ready to leave for uni by this time. And I haven't even had a short nap yet. Weeeeiiiirddd.

Accidental burpees, accidental night awake. What is happening :D

EDIT: I decided I could totally do the best part of going out partying all night: eat comfort food when it's just getting light outside. The ready-to-eat rice with sour-sweet chicken was calling for me. And I WAS SO EXCITED FOR IT, too.  (For dinner I only had watermelon and a home-made yoghurt and berries ice cream.)

Watched a series, listened to music. NOW I'm ready to do something useful. Let's go!

• Like 3

Hey, first of all, congratulations on leveling up!! That's always so satisfying!

I saw in your introduction that you're looking to have stronger wrists and ankles. For wrists, you could take a look at the GMB exercises (free on their site if I recall it right). You'll get good results if you're consistent with them. Also, if you like bodyweight, animal flow is amazing at strenghtening both wrists and ankles (although I'll swear the best for ankles is tap dancing :D).

Also, in the meantime, you may want to do your push-ups on paralettes or on your fists, so your wrists don't get so sore, until they get stronger. Just my two cents.

Accidental burpees

Are you ok? 😛

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, zenLara said:

paralettes or on your fists

I was thinking about paralettes but I will try my fists first :)

i guess *getting* my wrists strong by putting all of my BW on top of them isn't a smart idea :D now that I think of it.

i added your suggestions to my arms/wrist/grip Evernote drawing board :) Thanks!

58 minutes ago, zenLara said:

congratulations

58 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Are you ok? 😛

Thank you, and I am not sure :D

• Like 1

Hello! Just dropping in to check out your challenge. Pushups, flexibility, running and a thesis, oh my :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Accidental burpees

I have no idea how this could happen, but it sounds borderline hilarious. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

Hello!

Thanks for dropping by!

I said smth about keeping it agressively simple but I guess I'm not, am I :D Zero week often goes better than the rest (my experience so far) so we'll see. I have this thing where I like to keep expectations low but I intend to break that barrier and go for perfect scores this time :D

3 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

I have no idea how this could happen, but it sounds borderline hilarious. 

I'm someone that tends to pull punches a lot in life, and every so often my brain goes: "What's the thing you wouldn't expect from yourself right now?" And then I do it.

During the N2R practice with the adrenaline and recent Snowball pvp in the back of my brain, burpees came up, and I told myself not to think and did one before I could talk myself out of it :D

Same happens for roller coasters/crazy rides every so often, or taking cold showers, or volunteering to speak in front of a crowd with judgy people, etc

They're all reminders that I don't have to overthink every goddamn thing I do.

(Although I don't miss a chance to write a mininovel about those instances AFTERWARDS :D )

SO, in the morning I wrote 220ish words that I counted for 7 may,

this afternoon I wrote 2x 350ish words,

i'm on a roll. All commentary on court decisions &  what one author wrote but they're still. Things I am incorporating different paragraphs and giving myself a better feel for what the thesis is supposed look like and how I will get there. And HECK YES I AM WRITING 

Kind of feel pumped and want to go again, but I'm 99% sure this is a drip-down effect from my consistency with the moving stuff. They gave me a reason to feel like I am doing SOMETHING right despite feeling like a fraud in other areas.

so I am going to go do my pushups and flexy routine for the day. And THEN kill it 

• Like 3

but I will try my fists first :)

Hoooooooooooooo. Kay.

i forgot about this line in a hip hop song. “Knuckle pushups on hard-wood floors” was being rapped by this dude that is a lot tougher than me.

aka I am going to order pushup bars or paralettes tomorrow. 

EDIT: by the way! My downward dogs are feeling real good these days. My heels reach the ground freely. Didn't expect that when I tried them the other day (in the evening), and it was a nice feeling.

Okay, today was great. I had lots of me time because I couldn't sleep, and didn't really have to "pay" for that time with head aches or dizziness or anything AND I got a lot of writing done. AND I feel contently tired now.

Now it's time to nama-get-my derrière in bed and -stay there for some deep sleep. :) Mustn't forget my breathing exercises.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, analoggirl said:

“Knuckle pushups on hard-wood floors” was being rapped by this dude that is a lot tougher than me.

aka I am going to order pushup bars or paralettes tomorrow. 

I think paralettes are a great idea, but in the meantime you can roll a towel under your  fists or use your yoga mat if you have a soft non-scratchy one.

Congrats on downward dog improvement!

• Thanks 1

Uh ohhh I forgot to do my exercise when I wake up because I wouldn't have a lot of time in the evening (DnD)

Oh well. We will see how late it will get. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 11:12 PM, analoggirl said:

I cannot have this, whatever this is, plaguing me ... I am sure there will be clients in the future that a part of me won't want to email until I have something perfect to say... But, one dragon at a time. Cannot really prepare for that moment until I get there.

you're kind of preparing by writing those difficult emails right now :) 

• Thanks 1