new druid, first challenge!

Hey all! I first joined back in 2018, but haven't done much until now. I got laid off from a job I moved states for, and instead of freaking out I started working out. So corny, but it's really helping. I had been doing really well for about three weeks, and then had an attack of sciatica. I'm looking to be back on track by the time this new challenge begins, so here are my goals for the five weeks based on what I was already doing before my injury:

• bodyweight workout 1x a week
  • walk every day 5 min
  • meditation every day
  • yoga 3x a week
  • Like 7

Hi! I like your goals. I just read this book about habit building. It said that the best time to get a new habit to stick is during transition periods during your life. It sounds like this may be one of those moments for you. Good luck with your goals and I hope things get better for you. You've got this! 

• Like 3
On 5/6/2020 at 12:24 AM, wolfgirl said:

Hi! I like your goals. I just read this book about habit building. It said that the best time to get a new habit to stick is during transition periods during your life. It sounds like this may be one of those moments for you. Good luck with your goals and I hope things get better for you. You've got this! 

Thanks! It does sound like this could be my moment! What was the book?

• Like 2
12 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

fellow back pain warrior here. Welcome! I will follow and support :)

Oof, solidarity! This is a new world for me, never had something like this before. Hopefully it won't drag me down too often.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Mudd said:

Any updates? How's the first official week of the challenge going?

it's going ok! thanks for checking in! 

i missed one day of walking due to downpour and lack of rain gear, and fell asleep before meditation one night. so far i've done 3 yoga workouts and planning to do my bodyweight tomorrow.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, addieplum said:

i missed one day of walking due to downpour and lack of rain gear, and fell asleep before meditation one night. so far i've done 3 yoga workouts and planning to do my bodyweight tomorrow.

Looking good!

• Like 1