• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl/Joy was always there

That's super interesting on the snack.   Rarely do I even want to snack for sake of hunger.  It's a "sweet tooth" snack.   Or, "I should really have some fruit today" snack.   I've never noticed if it helps me eat less at dinner...

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

That's super interesting on the snack.   Rarely do I even want to snack for sake of hunger.  It's a "sweet tooth" snack.   Or, "I should really have some fruit today" snack.   I've never noticed if it helps me eat less at dinner...

Interesting to me to note why I am snacking, and how much it fills me up, and see if I eat  less at meals. I think for the sweet tooth snack, having a bit of honey in my tea hit the spot, and isn't too calorie laden

Well, today my prayer group friends were supposed to come to my house for an outdoor prayer group. When I woke up, it was rainy, so we decided to Zoom it. Then 10 minutes later it was sunny.. A bit frustrating, but, it is spring, so I guess not surprising. Then one of my friends didn't get the text, and so she showed up at my house. Which meant I got to have one of my friends at my house, which made me happy.Apparently, I'm more of an extrovert than I thought.

DId my workout. Practiced some of the tips I learned from Jim Bathurst on the NF Prime video on rings he did. Worked at keeping my arms tight to my side. Did a short workout , so I would have time and energy to go for a ruck. Walked down to the school tracked and walked on it.

After dinner, Mr Incredible and I went for a walk ,and walked around the track. A bunch of small groups were there. Mostly kids and teens playing soccer and football. Nice to see people hanging out and enjoying the summer evening

• Like 8

Out of curiosity, the book you are working off of for eating skills, is it worth owning or just something you would only read through once?  I could use some more eating skills myself.

39 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Out of curiosity, the book you are working off of for eating skills, is it worth owning or just something you would only read through once?  I could use some more eating skills myself.

It has so much information, I will  most likely read through it again.It works in layers, easy to obtain skills first and then building on that. So I see me reading it several times. It also has chart at the back for tracking the skills. I feel it was well worth the money I spent

• Like 1

Sounds like a good book, especially giving you the feeling of being in control :)

On 6/9/2020 at 10:46 PM, Elastigirl said:

Yes, it is a photo album with digital photos

may I ask what program you’re using?

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sounds like a good book, especially giving you the feeling of being in control :)

may I ask what program you’re using?

Shutterfly

• Thanks 1

This weekend

Saturday: We went to help a church family move. There was lots of people there to help. I moved several boxes. I wasn't feeling so strong though. Most of the boxes were pretty heavy (lots of books) Some boxes I started to pick up and then said nope. I guess I get points for knowing what was to heavy for me. It felt good to help some . Then my friend said she would appreciate some help on cleaning the house, so I went and did that. Also got a chance to visit with the kids some, and that was nice

In the afternoon we had my brother in law and a friend over and we played a new Ticket To Ride game, Rails and Sails. It was really fun. Then we went out to eat, then we went back to our house, and Zoomed our friends for part two of our game night. Game took a long time to set up, and a while to play, so we played late, especially since Sunday morning we have to be at the parking lot church at 8 am

Sunday; parking lot church. It was not rainy, so we sat outside in our lawn chairs. Afterwards we all visited, and said good bye to the family that was leaving, and gave hugs. Hugs are wonderful. Then we went to the gluten free store and bought a fake cheesecake for my Birthday celebration. Our son came over and we played Harry Potter, and lost. Lord Voldemort killed us☹️ Then we went to my fav gluten free restaurant, I had gluten free fish and chips. Nom!!! For my birthday , my son bought me aqua globes. they are glass bulbs with a long hollow tube on the end. You fill then with water and put them in the dirt next to your plants, and  supposedly  it waters it as needed

Challenge reflection:

Looking at the start of the challenge, I didn't make goals. I was really struggling. And it was a tough challenge emotionally. And I still am feeling like every day I'm hit with an onslaught of emotional whirlwinds. I was able to  have drive through church, and to visit with people in my church, and family and that helped. Through this pandemic, I have learned how important my church family is to me, and that I really do much better when I have  regular contact with people.

I did get at just focusing on the next thing, and kept some forward momentum. I swapped out my smoothie for lunch, and I think that helped my always feeling hungry and eating snacks from hunger and boredom problem. I also focused on the skill of slowing down while I was eating, and thinking about my satiety level

I worked on my L-sit.

Also  did a bunch of work on my scrapbook.I am actually almost done with the scrapbook!

I took videos of my L-sit so I could see my progress. I'll post them in my new challenge

• Like 5

On 6/16/2020 at 6:30 AM, Elastigirl said:

I did get at just focusing on the next thing, and kept some forward momentum. I swapped out my smoothie for lunch, and I think that helped my always feeling hungry and eating snacks from hunger and boredom problem. I also focused on the skill of slowing down while I was eating, and thinking about my satiety level

Happy belated birthday Elastigirl!  

Also, you're awesome for just keeping the forward momentum! Really proud of you for pushing through that, cause sometimes even that is hard to do isn't it? The L sit videos are looking really good, seeing you work at it is making me think I should work harder on myself, haha! Well done and keep going :)

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 4:40 AM, KB Girl said:

Happy Birthday Elastigirl :) 

Sounds like a really nice weekend! 

Thanks .It was a very good weekend

18 hours ago, //Min said:

Happy belated birthday Elastigirl!  

Also, you're awesome for just keeping the forward momentum! Really proud of you for pushing through that, cause sometimes even that is hard to do isn't it? The L sit videos are looking really good, seeing you work at it is making me think I should work harder on myself, haha! Well done and keep going :)

Thanks, yes sometimes it is very hard. Thanks, honestly it's not that I work harder, it's just that I am consistent. I promise myself that I am going to show up, move my body, build some muscles, and enjoy seeing what I can do. I don't try and push myself super hard. 

• Like 2

Yestereday was a great day. Sunny and warm, I had my friends over for prayer in my backyard. Then I met up with some other friends from church, and we went on a walk. I hadn't chatted with some of them in a bit, so it was nice to catch up. And so good seeing friends.One thing I've learned in this time is how much I value actually being with my friends. Came home and did my workout. Then after dinner I did a bit of gardening. It's been rainy so much, I feel like the weeds are totally out of control. I was tired, but I set the timer for 30 minutes, and went out and weeded some.

It was sunny again today. Played a bunch with my staff. Trying to learn a new move, and practicing some others. Then went on a ruck.Did some yardwork in the afternoon. I wanted to do more, but my allergies started driving me crazy. I'm trying to not push my allergies this season. Not that great to be sneezing and blowing your nose in the midst of Covid. 

Need to do my new challenge, but I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow? We are  actually getting our garden shed tomorrow!!! Not sure what time

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was just about to ask when your new thread was going up.

😊If I'm rushed for time tomorrow I'll just start it and then add goals when I have time.I have a vague idea of what I want to do, but haven't fleshed it out

• Like 3