Elastigirl/Joy was always there

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

And earplugs.

Right now it's in the garage on my husband's workbench. Not sure how long he'll agree to that. 😀 If I have to run it in our house, it's gonna be a nope

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Ours is in the basement near my workout area. I usually have to turn it off.

Yeah, I could put mine in the bathroom downstairs and just turn it off when I'm downstairs.But then I will most likely forget to turn it on

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I used to see adds for those rock polisher tumbler things, I had no idea they had to be left on for weeks at a time.

I don't think I realized it when I bought it.And I forgot about it until  I dug up our old one.  

The belt broke on my rock tumbler. I've already replaced the belt twice. I think something else is causing it to break. So probably going to goodwill it.

Mr. Incredible slept lousy last night, so he decided to call  today a sick day. I worked out in the morning. Then in the afternoon, we went and looked at rocks. I was sort of hoping to get decorative rocks, but they are super $$$. This is for the area around our garden shed. We might get cedar chips. Not sure if that will bother my allergies. They are a bit more costly, but not huge, and it's pretty. Tonight we will make a decision. It was afternoon when we went to Home Depot. Parking lot was full. I know others feel different, but it makes me happy to see people doing stuff , buying flowers, planning home improvement projects.Most people are good about giving people space. To me,  it says we know how to go about living, while also being mindful Also  it was people being hopeful that life is good. Since we were out we decided to go on the river walk. The weather was cloudy, but decent. I came home, cut up some roast beef and put it in the Instantpot for stew. Then I went outside and did some weeding.That same spot I talked about before where all the grass grows. It seems like I just did it, and now it looked like a willd grass zone. It's impossible to dig up all the roots, because it is growing among the ground cover. You'd think the ground cover would choke it out, but apparently is is very hard grass.It started to rain.Also the neighbors across the street had a drive by birthday party for one of their kids (not sure which one) It was very sweet.

I made videos of some of my supplemental exercises for  the L-sit, so I can assess them and see what I need to work on.I'll look at them and post later.

I did a bit of staff training. I'm really struggling with the move I'm trying to learn.  Going to try it for the rest of the week, and then maybe move on to something else, and come back to it later.

Plan is tonight to do one scrapbook page

• Like 5
On 5/20/2020 at 3:43 AM, Elastigirl said:

The scary thing in South Africa is they really do enforce the rules. Elize said they pull over drivers for not wearing a mask

When it suites them. With Corona these kind of rules are easier to enforce, and easy money for government. You don't wear a mask, first offense is a R5000 fine (if they catch you walking/exercising in the street after 9am it's a R15 000 fine - but it hasn't been enforced in our area, as far as I know), second offense is straight to jail (no Go to pass). It is easier to put up blockades and pull people off, than to go after criminals looting shops and setting schools on fire. I saw people being pulled over at road blocks, who hadn't been wearing masks, yes.

There is a fine line for officials, between treating citizens like adults with responsibilities and common sense to adhere to safety rules, and treating those same adults like children (without respect) just assuming that they don't have the responsibility or common sense to make the right choices for themselves. Usually in the latter situation it is when those adults don't make the choices that said official want them to make. In the minority of situations (I think, but I know others say majority) people do act like irresponsible children.

On 5/20/2020 at 3:52 AM, Elastigirl said:

Did some house cleaning today.

Woot! Woot! Hard work, especially on the back and core.

On 5/21/2020 at 4:01 AM, Elastigirl said:

I did a bit of staff training. I'm really struggling with the move I'm trying to learn.  Going to try it for the rest of the week, and then maybe move on to something else, and come back to it later.

Good luck, you can do it!

Nice videos.

• Like 1

Friday was a good day. Did prayer and chat via zoom with my friends. Then workout, and other stuff. Friday evening is our date/picnic night. The weather said cloudy, with sun in the afternoon.It was rainy in the morning. Then the rain stopped, and I thought the picnic might work. Then it started again. We decided to skip the picnic. It was just sprinkling, so we opted for a walk in the neighborhood. On the return loop, it started raining harder, so we were pretty wet by the time we got home. We ordered Chipotle. I had the chips and guacamole with the salad. I usually don't go for the chips, but we decided to split them I had a salad with no dressing, and just put some guacamole and salsa on it. It was tasty and I don't think a huge overload of calories.

Saturday I did a bit of yard work. It wasn't rainy, but everything was super muddy, so I just weeded one bed. Then I staked my Dahlias, for when they start to grow. I made cupcake for Sunday , and we each had one for dessert Saturday. Oh, and hubby bought fresh salmon and he barbecued that. Nom! I had planned on doing something fitnessy , either stretching or rowing, but didn't want to. I had done something all week, so I decided it was fine. It's kind of nice in the winter to do something on Saturdays, but now that we have nice weather, I get more movement in doing outside stuff . We did Zoom game night with friends, and that was fun

Sunday; Drive through church, then we took the ferry boat across to a peninsula. It's about a 20 minute crossing. We walked on. They were asking people in cars to stay in their vehicles, so there were few people on the boat deck. The weather was nice, so we stood on the boat deck, enjoying the fresh air, and watching the sites. I had a place planned for us to eat at. I'd checked to make sure they were doing deliveries(restaurants aren't open) but I forget to check to see if they were open for lunch .They were not. But we found a burger place that was. I had a burger with bacon and avocado, and coleslaw. It was delicious. We walked to the restaurant, a few blocks up the hill, and then walked back to the park that was at the ferry terminal.Sat and ate our burgers while watching the boats.Then we went for a short walk on the beach.A heron flew up and landed on a rock in the water just a little bit in front of us.Then we  took the ferry back.Once we got home , we had the chocolate cupcakes. I sent some cupcakes home with my son. He was going to visit his friends, that he has not seen in two months , because of Covid. 

• Like 7

Week 2

Goals for the week

Food: Read two chapter of Lean and Strong; One chapter, but the chapters are really long, so this is good

Food habit: while eating lunch, put my fork down between bites; In the book the author describes this as a skill.So I will grade it as such.I didn't always remember, but I am remembering more ofter. I will be going along, just putting food in my mouth, and then I remember to slow down.I'm also trying to think about how the food tastes, and sounds. Today while I was eating my burger at the park, I also tried to really enjoy the sights and sounds around me and make that part of the experience

Fitness;

keep working on L-sit:yes

play with staff ; not as much as before but yes

Life

choose decorative gravel for garden shed area-Yes, and ordered

6 pages scrapbook- 3 , I'll do some tonight

possibly -  choose paint color- wait on this

weed 2 garden areas- yes

vacuum downstairs ( no one goes down there and I put off vacuuming forever)-yes

Next week's goals

So at the end of the week the rock is being deliverd, so a lot of time next weekend will be shoveling rock

When our prayer group meets next month, we will probably meet outside in our backyard, so I need to work on that. Work on beds where garden shed will be

4 pages scrapbook

video tuck sit

• Like 8

Mmm burgers. I haven't had burgers for so long. It occurs to me that it must be possible to make them at home, I just never thought of them as make-at-home food. Hmm. Anyway, the trip sounds lovely.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I had a burger with bacon and avocado, and coleslaw. It was delicious. We walked to the restaurant, a few blocks up the hill, and then walked back to the park that was at the ferry terminal.Sat and ate our burgers while watching the boats.Then we went for a short walk on the beach.

This sounds like such a great day.  Glad you got to enjoy it!!

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

burger with bacon and avocado

I needed inspiration for some way to make my Memorial Day fun even though I'm stuck inside alone, and this is it!! Burgers with bacon!  ❤️  

I'm so glad you've been getting some outside / people time, that's so important. I'm feeling a little bit more sunshine in your words right now and that makes me really happy too.  ❤️  Love you EG!!

• Like 1
On 5/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The heron landing was my favorite part of your awesome Sunday.

It was super cool. We also watched him dive down and try to get a fish.We couldn't tell if he was successful or not

On 5/25/2020 at 7:48 AM, Harriet said:

Mmm burgers. I haven't had burgers for so long. It occurs to me that it must be possible to make them at home, I just never thought of them as make-at-home food. Hmm. Anyway, the trip sounds lovely.

Burgers made at home are a tasty part of summer. Well anytime, but it seems like I do it more on the grill over summer

On 5/25/2020 at 10:08 AM, Novaurora said:

This sounds like such a great day.  Glad you got to enjoy it!!

THanks

On 5/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, SkyGirl said:

I needed inspiration for some way to make my Memorial Day fun even though I'm stuck inside alone, and this is it!! Burgers with bacon!  ❤️  

I'm so glad you've been getting some outside / people time, that's so important. I'm feeling a little bit more sunshine in your words right now and that makes me really happy too.  ❤️  Love you EG!!

Thanks,Did you have burgers. Burgers with bacon are amazing

11 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Sounds like a good weekend, from Friday morning, through to Sunday evening.

It was very lovely

• Like 3

Wow, you had an amazing weekend update.  Agreeing with Skygirl that you sound more sunshining!   Awesome.    I really need a good burger soon - It's one of the few things I'll eat without knowing the calories and just call it a treat.    But I like to save those for really good burger places.  I'll have to come up with a plan.

Totally hear ya on the outside time being generally active.   I counted my weeding and planting as active rest / recovery since my heart rate didn't really get elevated, but I felt like I was moving and doing things.  So yeah!.

Big hugs your way!

• Like 2

A longish update;

First the sad stuff; My father in law is in the hospital. He is 91 years old, dealing with heart failure. Actually, over the last three weeks, this is the third time he's been in the hospital, it's just been for a night or two each time. The most stressful part is that due to Covid , no visitors are allowed. Which makes the hospitalizations super hard on him. My brother in law lives with him and my mother in law, so  that is good. Hospitals are always stressful, and throw a pandemic in there and it's even harder. Though I'm thankful it wasn't early on in the pandemic. The hospital has the PPC gear, so I don't worry about him  getting the virus too much, and the hospital is no longer overwhelmed so that is good. 

And in other news, we had a super good day yesterday. The weather was rainy in the morning, supposed to get better during the day. We are pretty fair weather geocachers, but we really wanted to get out of the house, so we decided to go for it. Went back to the park we had visited a couple of weeks ago. Rained the entire drive up.We had our picnic lunch in the car since it was still raining when we arrived at the park. We decided to go for it, and just stop if we got wet and cold. The hike was mostly through forests, so we were protected somewhat from the rain. And the rain was fairly light. There were only a couple of cars in the parking lot, and we saw no one else on the trail. Felt like we had our own private park . The trail wandered through the forest, then to a bluff overlooking the water. The water was pretty, though we couldn't see far. Last time we could see the mountains, and nearby islands. This time we saw a bit of water, and then the world disappeared in a foggy haze. It was still a good hike. And we saw some pretty wildflowers. Found about 4 caches. I think we hiked and caches for about an hour, and then headed back , as we were kind of wet. 

We drove by Deception Pass Bridge (I've posted pictures before of it) it was super crowded there, even though it was rainy. Then we drove to Whidbey Island, to one of my favorite towns.It's a little tiny town, main street is two blocks long. What we didn't know before hand, was that that county had just been approved for Phase 2, which meant shops and restaurants(limited seating) could  open. We had just planned on window shopping. Most of the shops were still closed, but a couple were open! So we got to shop in little , non box stores for the first time. Had a chance to chat with the owner of one of the shops , and another gal in a shop (not sure if she was the owner) Bought some Huckleberry Jam, which I'd had a craving for after talking about huckleberries on @Xena thread. And bought some new earrings. And then we discovered a restaurant was open!! So we went and sat down , and had a real restaurant meal. They had taken out most of the tables,. It's a pretty small restaurant anyway, so it almost felt like private dining.There are huge windows overlooking the water. I posted pictures on Instagram. I had MahiMahi and sweet potato fries. Had a little chat with the people in the table 6 feet (or more) about how wonderful it was to sit at a restaurant. It was a good day. We had some quiet time of walking in the park, and then we got to be around people some while we shopped in town.I've always said I'm an introvert, but I do think I need a regular dose of people in my life. I enjoyed just seeing people out enjoying the day. 

During Covid times, I am doing a few things differently. One thing is eating out.For budget reasons and waistline reasons, we generally ate out about every other week. During quarantine, we had food delivered every Friday. It  gave us something to look forward to, and was a way to help struggling restaurants. When restaurants open in our county (or when we travel to counties that are open) we plan on eating at them.Eating out is something we enjoy, and we really want to help them. My weight has increased during this time , so I do need to be aware of it. Yesterday, instead of buying chips for our picnic lunch I packed celery and carrots (not to worry we had chocolate cupcakes for dessert) And at dinner, I did eat the whole meal, but I tried to eat slowly, paying attention to how it tasted, enjoying the sights and sounds around me. Especially yesterday, as it was the first time back in a restaurant after they had all been closed, I wanted to take in the moment. The other thing is shopping. I Mari Kondo'd my house, and we follow a budget, so I'm usually a lot more careful about buying things. But for a bit, I'm not going to be. I'm going to be much more of an impulse shopper. I went into the stores with the thought that I would buy something from each, because I want to support these small stores that are struggling. The one store had clothes, which I would have bought , but I was a bit awkward and unsure. The state says that if someone tries something on, and then doesn't buy it, that the clothes have to be set aside for a day , before they can be put out on the rack. So, I was not sure if I should try stuff on.If it didn't fit, then does that harm the owner? So I didn't buy clothes. I wished I would have just asked  the owner, she was super nice. But I felt awkward. But, I thought about it, and next time I will just ask the question.Anyway, my main point is, I am going to buy more things from small stores because they need the business. We are spending a bit more, but husband still  has a job, and so, we just kind of figure it is part of giving to others

• Like 11
Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Glad you got out. Was there any pretense of taking people's information at the restaurant where you ate?

Oh, yes thanks for asking .Kind of funny story. So the waiter comes over, looking rather embarrassed and says, "this is completely voluntary and you don't have to do it if you don't want, but if you want you can fill out this paper for contact tracing" We said  no thanks. He just sort of nodded, like yeah we know no one is doing that and left without mentioning it again. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

We drove by Deception Pass Bridge (I've posted pictures before of it) it was super crowded there, even though it was rainy.

I did a race there last year. It's beautiful. (and I'm glad you got some jam)

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Wishing all the best for your family.

• Like 1

I loved seeing your photos on Instagram and knowing you were getting out a bit - but I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I pray that you guys would be supported with the peace and love you need as you can't go be with him.  ❤️ 

(I didn't have bacon burgers because the bacon wasn't thawed and I didn't feel like thawing it!  :P  But I did make my mom's famous pasta salad recipe and have that along with hot dogs, which was pretty amazing too!)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Xena said:

I did a race there last year. It's beautiful. (and I'm glad you got some jam)

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Wishing all the best for your family.

I remember hearing about the race. It is a gorgeous area. Thanks

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I loved seeing your photos on Instagram and knowing you were getting out a bit - but I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I pray that you guys would be supported with the peace and love you need as you can't go be with him.  ❤️ 

(I didn't have bacon burgers because the bacon wasn't thawed and I didn't feel like thawing it!  :P  But I did make my mom's famous pasta salad recipe and have that along with hot dogs, which was pretty amazing too!)

Thanks, your prayers are appreciated. Your mom's pasta salad recipe sounds like a great treat

• Like 1

Food was sort of weird today. I didn't have any prepped food for lunch, so after my workout,I just had a protein smoothie. Mr. Incredible had a meeting and we were going to go on a walk after his meeting. I planned to have lunch after our walk. But then his meeting took longer, and I got hungry. And decided to have a quick small lunch before we walked. Then after we walked I had some more. Then later on in the day I snacked on chocolate chips. Then while I was making dinner, I was super hungry  so I had some of the chicken tenderloins that I was cooking for lunches. I was feeling guilty, as I felt like I ate all day. Then I thought about it and decided to not judge myself , but just look on it as things I could observe. For one, I am learning that I really do better by having a lunch right after I workout, instead of a smoothie. Then if I want I snack later in the afternoon I can. But the lunch just fills me up more than the smoothie. Also, part of the problem  today was I was always trying to just eat a little bit, and never felt like I was sitting and eating properly. I know this doesn't work, which is why I don't really do it. So, I decided that today was just weird in that way, and not something I need to feel guilty over. I have a good habit of sitting down and having a balanced lunch normally. Then for dinner I ended up eating less because I wasn't hungry so I listened to my hunger cues.

Today I made a meal plan for the week. I cooked up some chicken, made a big salad, and cut up some fresh fruit. Tomorrow there are lots of good options for balanced meals.

Did my workout, and went on a walk

• Like 5