• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi! I'm KB Girl. Even though it's a lame name it's still quite accurate because i want to be the best kettlebell sport coach there ever was... and I'd like to be a somewhat decent athlete too* :D Currently i'm 6,5 weeks post partum, so this challenge i'll mostly be working on getting some strength and endurance back.

*Because being an athlete is not fun exactly... but it's challenging and awesome and worthwhile. This video is from one of my best memories ever, my set during the european championships of 2018 (amateur category). The cheers from my teammates are amazing! And we had such a great time overall. 

Goal 1; move everyday

Everything counts, but the following should be done at least once a week; 

Heavy deadlifts, kettlebell snatches, hip work, longer walk

Goal 2; co-ordinate

Honestly with 2 kids and one so young not much is being accomplished in our household.. but we do need food and clean clothes, and despite the gym being closed we do have work to do… and we also need to take care of each others wellbeing. For this one I’d like to sit down with Jaap for 5 minutes every evening and discuss our small, realistic goals for the next day, so we can help each other achieve them. (Work/home/selfcare)

Bonus goals; 

• Writing
  • Finish pregnant and post partum athlete course
  • Do artsy things in my bullet journal to wind down
  • Re-organise my clothing and pack away pregnancy stuff
  • Like 10
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 3

6 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

That video is awesome and inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

Glad you like it! :)

I also particularly enjoy that i failed the 100th rep, which had been a long term goal. Really shows how much your head needs to stay in the game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

This video is from one of my best memories ever, my set during the european championships of 2018 (amateur category). The cheers from my teammates are amazing! And we had such a great time overall. 

Fully awesome!

Everything counts, but the following should be done at least once a week; 

Heavy deadlifts, kettlebell snatches, hip work, longer walk

Looking good.

10 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Here for good-natured mocking of my KB style.

6 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You mean like, "Your KBs wear socks with sandals"?

I put my KBs in bowlers and cloches. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Great! :)

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Here for good-natured mocking of my KB style.

🤭

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

Fully awesome!

Looking good.

Thought you would approve of deadlifts.

1 hour ago, Waanie said:

Belated congratulations on your daughter's birth!

Following! 

Thank you! :) 

• Like 3

Day 0.1 aka Monday 

Made sure Jaap could work in the morning, managed to manage both kids at the same time without anyone crying ;) 

In the afternoon I took Emma to the gym, training for me and a change of scenery for her. There was some crying in the gym because when I got there I realised that all the heavy bumpers and all the <5kg plates were gone.. and my favourite bar.. and this is not something normal people cry over, only tired ones who really like things to be a certain way x) 

I got over it, got in some good lifts; 

Deadlift sets of 3, worked my way up to 65kg. For squats I stuck with 25 for 5x5 because it felt a bit off. Also did pushups, ring rows and some real rowing in 7 sets of 30 seconds with 30s rest.

Uploaded a couple of my form checks;

In the evening I did some laundry and played some more civ with Jaap, was in bed a bit too late. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Even though it's a lame name

"Lame" is a bit harsh, but it does undersell the fact that you're a badass woman and KB master, not to mention all the other things that you do!

Do you also see your counter/timer in comps or do you have to feel it/pace it without any help?

• Like 2

In the afternoon I took Emma to the gym, training for me and a change of scenery for her. There was some crying in the gym because when I got there I realised that all the heavy bumpers and all the <5kg plates were gone.. and my favourite bar.. and this is not something normal people cry over, only tired ones who really like things to be a certain way x) 

Have you considered complaining to the owners about the lack of plates and your favorite bar? I hear they are very reasonable people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Your name isn't lame at all. It qualifies you as a superhero of kettle bells. And you don't have to give an excuse to cry over something that makes you sad about all the changes we've had. I'm not exhausted, and I am still  finding plenty of stuff to cry over these days

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

"Lame" is a bit harsh, but it does undersell the fact that you're a badass woman and KB master, not to mention all the other things that you do!

Do you also see your counter/timer in comps or do you have to feel it/pace it without any help?

You’re too kind and my ego thanks you ;) the part of me that wants to yell about all the things I’m not doing and all the ways in which I fall far short of potential can just stfu.

and yes, the counters are two sided.. the 10:00 is already very very hard mentally, not seeing the clock would make it impossible :) 

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Have you considered complaining to the owners about the lack of plates and your favorite bar? I hear they are very reasonable people.

haha I did actually call Jaap to sob my complaints at him “whyyy did you loan away my favourite bar 😭😭

He was indeed annoyingly reasonable. 

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Following along!

Yay!

1 hour ago, starsapart said:

Following!

Excellent!

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Your name isn't lame at all. It qualifies you as a superhero of kettle bells. And you don't have to give an excuse to cry over something that makes you sad about all the changes we've had. I'm not exhausted, and I am still  finding plenty of stuff to cry over these days

❤️
maybe I should learn how to do a Turkish get up one of these days. 

57 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Wishing you the best in this new phase!

Thank you!

47 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Love your second goal!

It’s been great so far, I really hope we can keep it up :) 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Not now, there is way too much change in my life as it is .KB  Girl doing TGU's would  totally tilt my world😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

You’re too kind and my ego thanks you ;) the part of me that wants to yell about all the things I’m not doing and all the ways in which I fall far short of potential can just stfu.

Do I need to remind you that you're juggling FOUR major threads in your life (I'm thinking athlete, coach/nutritionist, mum, gym owner). Most people that do well only do one or two at a time!

51 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

and yes, the counters are two sided.. the 10:00 is already very very hard mentally, not seeing the clock would make it impossible :) 

Haha yes I can imagine. 

52 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

First @raptron starts running, now TGUs. What is the world coming to?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That is in no way weird or strange or any other word for "not normal".

But why would you want to diminish yourself by becoming "normal"? Be you instead. You are much more awesome than merely "normal". :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Not now, there is way too much change in my life as it is .KB  Girl doing TGU's would  totally tilt my world😉

:D ok good, phew!

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Do I need to remind you that you're juggling FOUR major threads in your life (I'm thinking athlete, coach/nutritionist, mum, gym owner). Most people that do well only do one or two at a time!

Haha yes I can imagine. 

First @raptron starts running, now TGUs. What is the world coming to?!

I typed up a bunch to argue with you, but Ive erased it 😌 Sometimes the negative thoughts get to me, but I really don’t mind being a WIP as long as I can see some progress every now and then. And I’ve learned to be much milder... im not doing a great job right now as a gym owner, but I’m giving myself a pass.

3 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

That is in no way weird or strange or any other word for "not normal".

But why would you want to diminish yourself by becoming "normal"? Be you instead. You are much more awesome than merely "normal". :) 

I like awesome. I wish it didn’t involve this much crying ;) but alright, alright. :)

• Like 2

Tuesday (0.2)... well.. :) I got out of bed at 10:20 and i had an online class to teach at 10:30. It actually went quite well. Had some breakfast and a shower after. Jaap was doing all the things we had discussed, being generally awesome. He took one look at me and told me to try to sleep with Sophie and he would go to he woods with Emma. When they got back 2 hours later Sophie still hadn’t let me sleep, and I panick-cried, wasn’t pretty. Jaap calmed me down, took Sophie and told me to sleep. I slept for 3 hours, got woken up for dinner. 

After getting Emma in bed we watched a documentary about a minister in our area that did amazing work during and after world war 2. It’s a bit of a tradition to watch something like that on may 5th, because it’s our liberty celebration day. 

I forgot to co-ordinate properly for tomorrow (🙁), but we did loosely discuss plans.. moving happened because unlike the KB class, where I just sit in a chair, for this basic strength class I actually do everything- and I just made everyone do my hip work with me :D 

I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to sleep after napping that late, but I’m plenty tired and just waiting for Sophie to finally fall asleep. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I typed up a bunch to argue with you, but Ive erased it 😌

Good! :)

3 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

about a minister in our area that did amazing work during and after world war 2.

Ohh which one? I've been in a royal family/political docu mood lately :) That's a nice tradition. 

8 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Sophie still hadn’t let me sleep, and I panick-cried, wasn’t pretty.

Sounds familiar. You and Jaap will make it, hang in there! 

• Thanks 1