On 6/13/2020 at 1:21 AM, Elastigirl said:

Good job keeping the kids alive! 😀 Sorry the last days have been so hard. Hope you are able to get sleep soon.  I remember how hard those days were when my baby wouldn't sleep, and then I think of all you are trying to do with you gym in a new location and keeping it running, and am super impressed. Those people working out with you just looked so happy and relaxed. You  giving them a spot to workout together is a huge blessing for them.

those are really nice things to say, thank you :) 

On 6/13/2020 at 8:31 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Keeping the kids alive sounds like quite the accomplishment to me haha, particularly if you're sleep deprived! I do hope you'll get some solid sleep soon.

thanks 😅 it’ll be alright

23 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

I looked for this when it was time to place this week's grocery order a few days ago, but couldn't find it, so I decided to try the vegan Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavor instead. There are chunks of chocolate fudge in the ice cream! 🥰

Thank you for introducing me to my new favorite ice cream. :) 

that’s exactly the one I meant actually, isn’t it brilliant? Especially when it’s gets a bit melty 😁 you’re very welcome 

23 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sorry to hear this. I hope the hopelessness gives way to lighter things soon. 

Not to worry, it’s just moments.. there are lighter moments too.

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Congratulations on keeping the kids alive!  Sometimes that by itself is harder than all the rest of the things on the to-do list combined

isn’t that the simple truth! 

4 hours ago, raptron said:

BIG ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

Hope Sophie remembers how sweet sleep is. For everyone's sake. 🤞

This morning she decided to sleep in, just a bit unfortunate that there is a second child to prevent me from doing the same ;) but here’s hoping this continues! 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

that’s exactly the one I meant actually, isn’t it brilliant? Especially when it’s gets a bit melty 😁 you’re very welcome 

Yes. This ice cream is the creation of genius and decadence all in one tasty pint package. :) 

• That's Metal 1

Saturday I had a couple 1on1s. (Organising your day around baby feedings is both a hassle and a luxury really.) after the last one I wanted to do my own work, started with squats... and on the fourth set I ripped something :( I think I tore my gluteus maximus.. it’s.. really painful. If it doesn’t feel a bit better soon I’ll get someone to look at it, but that’s usually useless in the first few days. 

UGH guys, UGH!

Such a bummer, I was starting to get back to all activities, even did KB jerks.. had a nice lineair progression for snatches.. able to hike past the hour mark... and Sophie is only 12 weeks old! So it was going really well.. but now this 😫

hopefully it heals fast.. but it could be a couple of weeks 😫

Final score:

EF791A31-DF85-4B13-9117-65D5A0073D12.thumb.jpeg.2de9efec5f59044405a17c2e987733f2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

That sounds like a very inconvenient injury in ever way, and it sounds painful. I hope it heals soon!

I hear vegan Fudge Brownie ice cream has some pain reducing properties if you consume it regularly. You should try this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

on the fourth set I ripped something :( I think I tore my gluteus maximus.. it’s.. really painful. If it doesn’t feel a bit better soon I’ll get someone to look at it, but that’s usually useless in the first few days. 

Oh shirt. I didn't even know that was possible 😕 So sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other than the painful body breaking stuff I had a really great weekend. We had dinner in my moms garden Saturday evening with almost all my siblings. She made lamb, my favourite. And roasted bulbs of garlic. 

Sunday morning I had 13 ppl show up for KB class and it was a good one :) in the afternoon I got some icecream with Emma and in the evening we had a movie night at my brothers place. We watched the cartoon Robin Hood. My brother made hummus, which was great. And afterwards he texted me how lucky he feels that he’s close with Emma and that she wanted to sit next to him etc ❤️

Monday was a day with the kids and I did alright. Even did some housekeeping and made two invoices. Sophie had a stomach ache so I spend a lot of time with her this evening trying to soothe her. She finally pooped and I gave her a clean diaper, put her in her co-sleeper and lay down next to her and I just watched her fall asleep on her own :) so peaceful and cute, she makes these little sounds and has little smiles and she was looking right at me half the time. Good stuff.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I think I tore my gluteus maximus

holy cow 🙀 I hope not!

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

She finally pooped and I gave her a clean diaper, put her in her co-sleeper and lay down next to her and I just watched her fall asleep on her own :) so peaceful and cute, she makes these little sounds and has little smiles and she was looking right at me half the time. Good stuff.

Beautiful moment :)

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry about the glute tear. That's gotta be a huge pain in the butt.*

*I'm a father now, and declare that a Dad Joke.

Seriously though, I am sorry about the injury.

I'm not sorry at all about the joke.

Haha good, because the way you put it it was hilarious :D

It really IS a huge pain in the butt. 

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh yikes!  I hope it isn't a tear and is actually something far less serious.

I'm 90% sure it's a tear, but let's hope it's only a minor one. I'm confident now that it's not a third degree tear :) 

8 hours ago, @mu said:

holy cow 🙀 I hope not!

Beautiful moment :)

it really was ❤️