• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ahhh I thought minister in the "Minister of Social Matters" sense, working against the unwelcome new rulers of the land :) 

That looks interesting as well though, thanks!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 11:36 PM, KB Girl said:

to sit down with Jaap for 5 minutes every evening and discuss our small, realistic goals for the next day, so we can help each other achieve them.

This is so smart!

Following :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sylph said:

Here (though somehow you're already on page 2!)

It’s crazy! :) glad you’re here. 

7 hours ago, Terah said:

This is so smart!

Following :)

Awesome! :) 

it’s been so nice so far, very calming and we get this team feeling. Silly but nice. 

• Like 1

Today (Wednesday) we had a slow morning, but managed to get out the door with the kids before noon. We hiked, picknicked and played in the woods for almost 5 hours. I got an insane sunburn. 
Emma had a complete meltdown when we came home for no apparent reason except maybe tiredness. But we soldiered on and had some nice chicken tortilla wraps. 

I taught an online kettlebell class and then Jaap and I watched YouTube hiking videos until Sophie was finally done with her evening ritual of boobs and fighting sleep. We discussed tomorrow properly this time (yay!) and I’m now in bed before midnight. 

On a less cheerful note, it was announced today that gyms will likely stay closed until September 1st. We’ll be exploring our options... I’m still processing. It’s .. well... 🤷‍♀️

• Sad 3
  • Wow 4

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

On a less cheerful note, it was announced today that gyms will likely stay closed until September 1st. We’ll be exploring our options... I’m still processing. It’s .. well... 🤷‍♀️

Oooof. I feel like now would be a good time to remind you that you are awesome, and you will survive this as well. 

Sending lots of positive thoughts in your direction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

still processing.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. In gyms you are often spraying everything down because of sweat, anyway. (Though I didn't see anyone else doing that with the bar and kettlebells but alright, I get it. Not everyone gets sweaty hands haha)

And people generally keep distance because you want everyone to be able to do their own thing...

Oh well, what I think doesn't matter. Also sending you positive thoughts!

On 5/5/2020 at 8:19 PM, Mad Hatter said:

First @raptron starts running, now TGUs. What is the world coming to?!

In a short time we'll see you posting in your thread something about training for a marathon, and that's how we'll know the end of the world is coming 😛

On 5/6/2020 at 12:09 AM, KB Girl said:

He took one look at me and told me to try to sleep with Sophie and he would go to he woods with Emma. When they got back 2 hours later Sophie still hadn’t let me sleep, and I panick-cried, wasn’t pretty. Jaap calmed me down, took Sophie and told me to sleep. I slept for 3 hours, got woken up for dinner. 

Jaap is awesome. It's nice to have someone supportive by your side when things aren't easy.

Sorry about the news on the gym :( Is it a definitive decision or it may be subject to how the pandemic goes in your area?

I've been suspecting that gyms won't reopen until fall, but hearing this confirmation was still sad. You're awesome and you'll get through this!

2 minutes ago, starsapart said:

I've been suspecting that gyms won't reopen until fall, but hearing this confirmation was still sad. You're awesome and you'll get through this!

My local gym is planning to reopen on May 16. Different countries and all that...

1 minute ago, Scalyfreak said:

My local gym is planning to reopen on May 16. Different countries and all that...

I think mine will try to, I just worry that it will end up having to close again after a few weeks once we see the effects of the various things that are reopening. 😕

On 5/7/2020 at 12:49 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

September 1st? That seems like a REALLY long time.

It's crazy.. now if everything had to close that long because this pandemic is just too insane, then fair enough.. but they're planning to reopen cinema's etc in july.. 

not to mention they're crazy thinking they can see that far ahead right now anyway.

On 5/7/2020 at 12:54 AM, Elastigirl said:

I'm sorry about you having to wait so long to open your gym.

The picnic and hike sound lovely though

Thank you! and yes, it was very nice :) we'll have time for these all summer it seems x) 

On 5/7/2020 at 1:36 AM, Scalyfreak said:

Oooof. I feel like now would be a good time to remind you that you are awesome, and you will survive this as well. 

Sending lots of positive thoughts in your direction.

Thank you so much, that was very welcome ❤️ 

On 5/7/2020 at 2:28 AM, analoggirl said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that. In gyms you are often spraying everything down because of sweat, anyway. (Though I didn't see anyone else doing that with the bar and kettlebells but alright, I get it. Not everyone gets sweaty hands haha)

And people generally keep distance because you want everyone to be able to do their own thing...

Oh well, what I think doesn't matter. Also sending you positive thoughts!

The main reason is that people will breathe a lot harder and therefor the 6ft just won't be enough distance.. but the gym is big enough to keep more distance than that, so i dunno. Thanks!

On 5/7/2020 at 3:08 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Holy crap. I can’t believe it’s going to be that long. I’m sorry.

Thanks.. yea it's...well.. still mostly speechless i think. 

On 5/7/2020 at 5:04 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, that's a long time...  

Sending good vibes your way 

Thank you! 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, zenLara said:

Jaap is awesome. It's nice to have someone supportive by your side when things aren't easy.

Sorry about the news on the gym :( Is it a definitive decision or it may be subject to how the pandemic goes in your area?

He really really is. I think it might be subject to change... but i'm not feeling very positive about the direction of the pandemic right now. 

18 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Dang that's rough :(

:(

17 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sorry about the long, long closing time. :( That's really very long. 

Insanely long! 

17 hours ago, starsapart said:

We had our suspicions also.. but it still came as a bit of a blow :( 

17 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Sorry to hear you've got such a long wait in front of you! That sounds very stressful and scary :(

I'm mostly sad.. i miss everyone.. 

• Like 4

Thanks for all the messages, that really means a lot. 

Thursday Jaap and I were both tired, me because baby and him because of the 3yo (a nightmare and a nosebleed). We were nice to each other though, he let me (try to) sleep a little longer in the morning and I let him take a nap. We broke our quarantaine bubble to help out my sister, she desperately needed a babysitter, so we had my 1,5 year old nephew for the afternoon. First we made pancakes together, which was nice, and then Jaap took all three kids on a walk while i made some needed phonecalls (local government, our landlord, a big client, etc). 

It looks like we'll be allowed to have small group classes outside, so i'm trying to get a definitive green light on this and i'm also searching for an appropriate spot.. the parks are going to be soooo full. 

This night I had another poop incident that wasnt as funny as the last one.. it literally shot out of her cute little butt like it was a firehose- first it hit me and then i reflexively stepped aside and it hit the curtains, her bed, the storage bin under her bed..... 

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

reflexively stepped aside

Ahhhh I would have done that too. Note to self, always keep a poop-flow-stopping blanket at hand when around babies and children 🤪

get a definitive green light on this

🍀🍀🍀

This night I had another poop incident that wasnt as funny as the last one.. it literally shot out of her cute little butt like it was a firehose- first it hit me and then i reflexively stepped aside and it hit the curtains, her bed, the storage bin under her bed..... 

You're trying to scare me on purpose, right? :D

Sorry, sounds really bad. I hope the cleaning didn't take much time...

It looks like we'll be allowed to have small group classes outside, so i'm trying to get a definitive green light on this and i'm also searching for an appropriate spot.. the parks are going to be soooo full. 

That would be a nice thing to do. Maybe not the ideal situation to recover your income, but could help, and also you'd feel better having some activity to plan ahead.

Parks will be full, that's sure, but what about a nice spot in nature? You talk about these walks you take to the woods with your family, maybe you can find a quiet place for your groups.

Also, since you mentioned that your gym is big enough to keep even more safety distance than the recommended, maybe you can have someone check that (local or regional government or similar) and get permission to open. Just thinking. I don't know if that's possible, and if it is, you've probably thought about it already...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

The main reason is that people will breathe a lot harder and therefor the 6ft just won't be enough distance.. but the gym is big enough to keep more distance than that, so i dunno. Thanks!

If you can prove that to a health inspector, maybe you can get permission to be partially open? A lot of business around my area are open but are only allowed a certain number of customers in the store at a time, and there are markings on the floor to show how far apart people have to stay. If you can do something like that, maybe you will be able to stay open? The group classes sound great.