• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm more concerned that your husband is barefoot in weather that apparently calls for jackets, but that's just me.

😅 I’m so used to it by now that I don’t even notice it or think about it.. he started going barefoot in summer a couple of years ago and now he’s also barefoot in winter because we can’t find any shoes that’ll fit. (literally, I’ve just send back another pair) 

Apparently your foot gets broader if you go shoeless for long enough 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

These Europeans like to ride barefoot so they can have a greater spiritual connection with their bicycles. Mmmhmm. It's a continent of cyclists. 

Nice that there are ways for you to continue classes. Oooh, heavier snatches. Do you have a snatch 1RM? Actually, don't answer that. That's my stupid powerlifting hat. I'm taking it off. 

😂

actually it’s very much a thing to find the heaviest bell you can snatch or jerk. I can’t do it right now ofcourse, but I’ve snatches 28 and jerked 2x26.

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ve transported Slothboy like that, but I wore shoes. 

Ahh yes :) I didn’t want you guys to think we were crazy, but apparently I worried about the wrong thing ;) Jaap is actually sad that his race bike shoes don’t fit anymore. 

• Like 5

On 5/15/2020 at 4:57 PM, Scalyfreak said:

Same with coloring my hair, so I am currently working on coming to terms with the fact my roots are not at all the color of the rest of my hair, and it irritates me. It looks... poorly planned. Disorganized. It bothers me. I'm debating if I should try to touch up the roots myself or just leave it be. But it's not urgent, because it only bothers me when i see it in a mirror.

If it helps (it probably doesn't) my roots don't match my hair right now either.  :P 

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm more concerned that your husband is barefoot in weather that apparently calls for jackets, but that's just me.

LOL this was my thought too. Baby doesn't seem abnormal, but WHY is he barefoot?!?! lol

• Like 2

Baby looks adorable like that. Sadly, depending on who and where you are, you MIGHT get called out for this form of transport in the US. I don't think it's illegal, though. Personally, to me, both kids looks comfy and happy. Well done!

I've been eating too much sugar as well, solidarity.

Also, my roots didn't match the rest of my hair until yesterday, when I took the plunge and had my wife help me with an at-home dye job. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but it looks okay and at least the color is uniform!

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

If it helps (it probably doesn't) my roots don't match my hair right now either.  :P 

I fully expect more than half the people I know outside the internet have this problem by now 😛 

On 5/17/2020 at 7:38 PM, KB Girl said:

😅 I’m so used to it by now that I don’t even notice it or think about it.. he started going barefoot in summer a couple of years ago and now he’s also barefoot in winter because we can’t find any shoes that’ll fit. (literally, I’ve just send back another pair) 

Apparently your foot gets broader if you go shoeless for long enough 🤷‍♀️

Pregnancy does that too. My arches fell during pregnancy and none of my shoes and boots fit anymore -- I am an entire shoe size up. 

On 5/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, KB Girl said:

There is an australian version and even a dutch version :) the dutch one sucks, but australians make the best reality tv. 

I LOVE the Australian Master Chef. I haven't seen it in years, but I was addicted when I had access to it. 

On 5/17/2020 at 10:36 PM, KB Girl said:

you probably shouldn’t do this with a baby in another country? 

:D 

They have those here but it's often attached to the back of the bicycle. I would find that scary with a baby even if the traffic is not too bad here. They do transport older kids that way. I saw one that was much bigger with a sort of teepee mounted on it and then 3 kids came out of it :D

On 5/18/2020 at 6:32 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I love going shoeless but I don't really dare in the big city.  Who knows what kind of gunk is on the ground

Same here!

On 5/18/2020 at 6:32 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I love going shoeless but I don't really dare in the big city.  Who knows what kind of gunk is on the ground

Jaap is fearless ;) but when you're used to it you will unconsciously scan the ground much more and avoid stuff. Also he can step in glass without getting hurt, he's got tough skin now. 

On 5/18/2020 at 1:14 PM, Mad Hatter said:

I love the pics, it all looks so very quaint.

:) it's always nice to see your normal through someone elses eyes. 

On 5/18/2020 at 2:59 PM, miss_marissa said:

LOL this was my thought too. Baby doesn't seem abnormal, but WHY is he barefoot?!?! lol

Yea... i guess even people in our town got so used to it by now that I rarely get this reaction anymore xD i genuinely forget about it

On 5/18/2020 at 4:27 PM, starsapart said:

Baby looks adorable like that. Sadly, depending on who and where you are, you MIGHT get called out for this form of transport in the US. I don't think it's illegal, though. Personally, to me, both kids looks comfy and happy. Well done!

I've been eating too much sugar as well, solidarity.

Also, my roots didn't match the rest of my hair until yesterday, when I took the plunge and had my wife help me with an at-home dye job. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but it looks okay and at least the color is uniform!

I wish Jaap would cut my hair. it's all* going to fall out soon and i just want it to be shorter.

(*ok i'm being slightly dramatic) 

15 hours ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

Pregnancy does that too. My arches fell during pregnancy and none of my shoes and boots fit anymore -- I am an entire shoe size up. 

Ah yes I didn't have this, my arches are fine and my shoe size is the same.. but i have seen it a lot- sounds very annoying. 

15 hours ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

I LOVE the Australian Master Chef. I haven't seen it in years, but I was addicted when I had access to it. 

It's SO good! 

14 hours ago, @mu said:

:D 

They have those here but it's often attached to the back of the bicycle. I would find that scary with a baby even if the traffic is not too bad here. They do transport older kids that way. I saw one that was much bigger with a sort of teepee mounted on it and then 3 kids came out of it :D

Yes my sister in law has one of those :) I wouldnt use this setup if we didnt have bike lanes.. but Jaap probably would, he's a bit more confident than i am. 

• Like 1

Monday Emma had a fever, she was alright and just needed some down time with snacks and lots of cuddles. It really sucked because we'd just started up our outside classes and now we had to cancel because no one from a household is supposed to go outside (except to walk the dog) when one has a fever. It hit me pretty hard and I was in quite a "burn it all" mood. I didn't know what to do with myself but after we put Emma in bed Jaap kicked me (and the dog) out of the house. I called my best friend and first raged a bit and then chatted a whole lot more. By the time I got home (over an hour later) I was much better. 

Tuesday morning I called our version of the CDC and asked what to do about the training (Emma's fever was gone), they said i could go ahead and run the class. I also checked in with those that signed up to see if they wanted me to, and they all did.. so.. there I was! Tuesday morning is strength training class and it was quite a challenge to challenge people who normally squat 100+kg with just some kettlebells. But I managed. I also managed to blow up my own legs, already feeling them. 

I had a kettlebell class in the evening, also quite nice. But i had a pretty big fight with Jaap in the evening...

He asked me to do something right before going to class, and I guess I was already pretty high stress because it made me panic a bit and I said no.. he was (understandably) upset, but I thought he should at least have some understanding for my situation and he thought that the behaviour was unacceptable regardless. We both had a fair point but we kept going back and forth.. main issue was perhaps that I can't handle him pointing out things i'm not doing well right now- maybe because i'm actually thinking that i'm doing fairly well all things considered, and I don't think positive thoughts about myself very often which is in itself a sign that things are going fairly well, right? so I really need him to also think so. And he says he does, just that he worries also. And doing well isnt the same as being perfect, i know.. and i know i'm being needy, which i suppose isnt super fair because he has feelings/needs too. And me not handling critique very well means i attack him with all the things he isnt doing right, which is really, really, really awful of me. 

Anyway, we talked it out in between handling kids.. and both kids+Jaap are asleep now. I'm having a midnight snack. 

Still going strong on the movement front, but co-ordinating didnt properly happen monday or today.. I had intended to after our fight, because it also really helps to know how we can help make the day easier for each other, extra important now, but then a kid woke up again and Jaap gave up on kid-less-time and went to bed x) 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Yay outdoor class!

I'm glad you guys talked out the fight like adults. You're acing this marriage game, even if it might sometimes feel terrible in the moment.

• Thanks 1

Trust me, none of us are going to look back that this a decade from now and realize that it was that one single bad day that ruined everything. As long as we have more good days than bad days, all us couples are going to be fine. 

You and Jaap are dealing with a newborn and a toddler and running a business, while quarantined. I'm in awe of you two and how great you're handling everything in your life right now.

And if you're not feeling like you're doing great right now, that's okay. You don't have to feel awesome to be awesome. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad you guys are able to do outdoor classes. I think your country is super smart in seeing that outdoor is the way to go.  Sorry about the fight, you guys have so many stressors, plus you are still recovering from bringing a baby into the world , glad you were able to talk it out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Monday Emma had a fever, she was alright and just needed some down time with snacks and lots of cuddles. It really sucked because we'd just started up our outside classes and now we had to cancel because no one from a household is supposed to go outside (except to walk the dog) when one has a fever. It hit me pretty hard and I was in quite a "burn it all" mood. I didn't know what to do with myself but after we put Emma in bed Jaap kicked me (and the dog) out of the house. I called my best friend and first raged a bit and then chatted a whole lot more. By the time I got home (over an hour later) I was much better. 

Tuesday morning I called our version of the CDC and asked what to do about the training (Emma's fever was gone), they said i could go ahead and run the class. I also checked in with those that signed up to see if they wanted me to, and they all did.. so.. there I was! Tuesday morning is strength training class and it was quite a challenge to challenge people who normally squat 100+kg with just some kettlebells. But I managed. I also managed to blow up my own legs, already feeling them. 

I had a kettlebell class in the evening, also quite nice. But i had a pretty big fight with Jaap in the evening...

Reveal hidden contents

He asked me to do something right before going to class, and I guess I was already pretty high stress because it made me panic a bit and I said no.. he was (understandably) upset, but I thought he should at least have some understanding for my situation and he thought that the behaviour was unacceptable regardless. We both had a fair point but we kept going back and forth.. main issue was perhaps that I can't handle him pointing out things i'm not doing well right now- maybe because i'm actually thinking that i'm doing fairly well all things considered, and I don't think positive thoughts about myself very often which is in itself a sign that things are going fairly well, right? so I really need him to also think so. And he says he does, just that he worries also. And doing well isnt the same as being perfect, i know.. and i know i'm being needy, which i suppose isnt super fair because he has feelings/needs too. And me not handling critique very well means i attack him with all the things he isnt doing right, which is really, really, really awful of me. 

Anyway, we talked it out in between handling kids.. and both kids+Jaap are asleep now. I'm having a midnight snack. 

Still going strong on the movement front, but co-ordinating didnt properly happen monday or today.. I had intended to after our fight, because it also really helps to know how we can help make the day easier for each other, extra important now, but then a kid woke up again and Jaap gave up on kid-less-time and went to bed x) 

This all sounds very stressful, but you're doing mightily. How is Emma now?

• Thanks 1

Glad you guys were able to talk things through.  With all the stress going on in everyone's life right now those kids of blowups are bound to happen, how you dealt with it shows definite maturity :) 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, starsapart said:

Yay outdoor class!

I'm glad you guys talked out the fight like adults. You're acing this marriage game, even if it might sometimes feel terrible in the moment.

it did! I’m very glad it didn’t last much longer.

(we’re not married actually 😅 living in sin, we are)

12 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Trust me, none of us are going to look back that this a decade from now and realize that it was that one single bad day that ruined everything. As long as we have more good days than bad days, all us couples are going to be fine. 

You and Jaap are dealing with a newborn and a toddler and running a business, while quarantined. I'm in awe of you two and how great you're handling everything in your life right now.

And if you're not feeling like you're doing great right now, that's okay. You don't have to feel awesome to be awesome. :) 

You make a very good point and a very nice comment, thank you very much.

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm sorry y'all had a rough time, and I'm very glad you were able to talk it out. You are two awesome people. You are good spouses and good parents, and y'all are in a very stressful situation.

Thank you! We’re definitely trying to be extra considerate and succeeding most of the time. I like the “y’all”s :) 

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad you guys are able to do outdoor classes. I think your country is super smart in seeing that outdoor is the way to go.  Sorry about the fight, you guys have so many stressors, plus you are still recovering from bringing a baby into the world , glad you were able to talk it out

We are blessed with nice weather also :) 

If all goes well then restaurants can open up outside spaces too.

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

This all sounds very stressful, but you're doing mightily. How is Emma now?

thanks! :) Emma is doing fine, she was a little restless during the night, but during the day she had a good appetite and some energy too. She did steal my hoody for warmth.
32A709AD-0FA8-476A-AD86-C1DF5F0F6950.thumb.jpeg.e15fef3b57ec7bd65d5201bf6e0f6ae9.jpeg

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Glad you guys were able to talk things through.  With all the stress going on in everyone's life right now those kids of blowups are bound to happen, how you dealt with it shows definite maturity :) 

Thanks! Yes I suppose it’s almost inevitable. I’m glad we had a couple of years to practice dealing with it! 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

it did! I’m very glad it didn’t last much longer.

Oops, my bad! You're acing the life partnership game, I should have said. Same concept. Marriage is just a paper really. Life partnership is the rest of it.

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Maybe not legally, but you're doing marriage better than a lot of people who are.

My bad on the wrong label though. Noted and memorized, and apologies for that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

thanks! :) Emma is doing fine, she was a little restless during the night, but during the day she had a good appetite and some energy too. She did steal my hoody for warmth.
32A709AD-0FA8-476A-AD86-C1DF5F0F6950.thumb.jpeg.e15fef3b57ec7bd65d5201bf6e0f6ae9.jpeg

Ahhhh she looks like a hooded monk. Or a jedi knight. We should make hooded robes a thing again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, starsapart said:

Oops, my bad! You're acing the life partnership game, I should have said. Same concept. Marriage is just a paper really. Life partnership is the rest of it.

Ahh for some it's much more than a paper and I didn't want to dishonour that by falsely advertising as married. But yes, to me we're life partners and we choose not to marry because the paper or a party wouldn't add anything for us. My sister is religious and married in a church, which makes much more sense to me than marrying just for a piece of paper. 

5 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Maybe not legally, but you're doing marriage better than a lot of people who are.

My bad on the wrong label though. Noted and memorized, and apologies for that.

Oh please don't apologise! I 100% don't mind. It actually made me laugh because I remembered having a conversation on my challenge thread years ago questioning wether I should go ahead and marry Jaap or not. Because i'm not religious it ended up being a "do i want an excuse for a party?" and "does it bother me enough that in english i'm stuck with either partner or boyfriend?" and the answer to both was no. And now I just call Jaap by his name on my thread x) 

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

Ahhhh she looks like a hooded monk. Or a jedi knight. We should make hooded robes a thing again. 

I was thinking Sith Lord :D

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Oh please don't apologise! I 100% don't mind. It actually made me laugh because I remembered having a conversation on my challenge thread years ago questioning wether I should go ahead and marry Jaap or not. Because i'm not religious it ended up being a "do i want an excuse for a party?" and "does it bother me enough that in english i'm stuck with either partner or boyfriend?" and the answer to both was no. And now I just call Jaap by his name on my thread x) 

The US provides legal and financial benefits to legally married couples that other partnerships don't offer (that's why same-sex marriage is such a big deal). I personally know at least three couples who cite tax benefits or health insurance as the main reason they decided to marry each other, and two of the three are very open they would not have married if not for those reasons. That seems somehow wrong to me... to me, whether a couple gets married or live as life partners without the party and the piece of paper, should be entirely their decision, and not influenced by a need for healthcare or money.

9 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I was thinking Sith Lord :D

Obviously. That posture is pure Sith.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Ahh for some it's much more than a paper and I didn't want to dishonour that by falsely advertising as married. But yes, to me we're life partners and we choose not to marry because the paper or a party wouldn't add anything for us. My sister is religious and married in a church, which makes much more sense to me than marrying just for a piece of paper.

I suppose so, but all those caring for each other and building a life together things really fall into the life partnership column anyway. Then again, I'm not religious in that sense.

I suppose on top of the paper and the party, there are also some pretty nice tax benefits. 😋 Maybe that's the main reason we tied the knot?