• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah Continues

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Also I watched one of her videos, and she talked about thanking your clothes for keeping you warm and folding from the heart, and now I find myself doing this.  And I think I like it.

Oh gosh this is incredibly sweet and I want to watch that video too but I think it might make me a little weepy because I have a weird attachment to inanimate objects sometimes ESPECIALLY clothes like I hate throwing them out or giving them away it makes my heart hurt kinda aaaaaa

• Like 1

3 hours ago, loire said:

Oh gosh this is incredibly sweet and I want to watch that video too but I think it might make me a little weepy because I have a weird attachment to inanimate objects sometimes ESPECIALLY clothes like I hate throwing them out or giving them away it makes my heart hurt kinda aaaaaa

She has a series on Netflix...

• Like 1

Nice updates Cheetah.     I never watched Marie Kondo, I feel like I shouldn't because I am already super OCD and organized, and like to purge things every few months.  If I watched her, I'm afraid my living environment would end up looking like something out of the movie Equilibrium.   LOL!

Sunday Update

I don't remember Sunday.  It was Mother's Day, and that was alright.  Food was good, but I can't recall the details.

Monday Update

Food was good again.  Pop tarts and protein bar for breakfast, lunch was mashed potatoes, dinner was clam chowder.

I don't think I really exercised those two days.  I think I did a few pushups, but that's about it.

I hope that today will be better.

• Like 2

Tuesday Update

Food was good today.  Eggs for breakfast.  Leftover veggies and a protein bar for lunch.  Ham, mashed potatoes, and broccoli for dinner.  Pudding pop for dessert.

Lately I've been having cravings for spicy food.  I don't like things too crazy hot, but I've come to like them pretty hot.  Tonight I got my potatoes with a solid wack of siracha sauce and that scratched the itch.  Weird.  At least hot sauce is low-cal.

Exercise was good.  Went for a run with the daughter, 1.5 mi of 20/30 intervals.  Still holding there for now.  Patience, patience, patience.  I'm trying to change how I look at exercise.  My whole perspective needs a realignment and I finally see it.  I'll write more about it tomorrow when I'm at a terminal, typing on this phone is horrid.

I'm up way too late.  Not cool, bro.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, loire said:

exercise views

I started to type a big long explanation of this, and how I came around to a new way of thinking about things, but I'm going to do the short version instead.

I tend to get hung up on working a program.  I like programs.  I like being able to see a progression.  It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.  The problem is, working programs doesn't actually work very well for me.  The ones I like are too aggressive, and I have to scale them way back.  So instead of seeing the value of exercise as being the achievement of a program goal, I'm going to see the value of exercise as being the daily discipline of doing the work.

I've been running again.  I had sworn it off after the horrible knee pain I got into with it last time I tried.  But it's working now.  My joints are tolerating the work load.  So I'm going to maintain the work load for a while, and just enjoy being able to do it.  Sure, I'd like to be able to run more and walk less, and after a while I'll probably push it up a little more.  But I'm choosing to be satisfied with doing what I can.  I'm not going to worry about what I wish I could do.  What I'm doing is enough, and I can find joy in it.

• Like 2

Wednesday update

Food was good today.  Eggs for breakfast, leftover spaghetti for lunch, hamburger sandwich and sauteed Brussels sprouts for dinner.  Ice cream sandwich for dessert.

To go on my hamburger sandwich I made a relish of chopped green pimento-stuffed olives and picked jalapenos in a creamy horseradish dressing.  It was very hot and incredibly good.

For exercise today I did 30 pushups and walked about a mile and a half through the woods behind my church.  I found some native wild flowers, so that was cool.  If the pics load right they are cream violets and waterleaf respectively.

Work is going okay.  I'm still trying to hire an instructor, and I might be able to get a guy who was an instructor in the past to come back.  He's supposed to let me know by Friday.

Did I mention that I'm reading the Lord is the Rings again?  It's been a really long time, and I had forgotten a lot of the story.  It's interesting to see how different the books are from the movies.

20200513_190055.jpg

20200513_185547.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

To go on my hamburger sandwich I made a relish of chopped green pimento-stuffed olives and picked jalapenos in a creamy horseradish dressing.  It was very hot and incredibly good.

This does sound wonderful! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cheetah said:

What I'm doing is enough, and I can find joy in it.

This is so awesome.    I also sometimes get hung up on the program and progression rather than the act of doing.   I have a local coach I follow on FB still, who preaches the minimal approach.   Basically - slow down.  Reps, weights all that doesn't matter nearly as much as focusing on what you are doing and doing that well.  Then @chickie.monkey shared that Katee Sackhoff work out thing, and I was watching how all the movements were so thoughtful and deliberate.   And he spoke on the movement starting in the mind- visualizing it.    So yesterday's work out, I tried doing that.   And I found it was really really enjoyable to now worry about the numbers, and just enjoy each twitch of a muscle, each breath of my lungs.     I hope you end up finding the same joy in that more simple approach!  

Thursday update

Food was good today.  Eggs for breakfast, mashed potatoes and peas for lunch.  Bag of chips in the afternoon.  Biscuits and gravy for dinner.  Ice cream sandwich for dessert, and a few crackers and cheese while we watched Parks and Rec before bed.

For exercise I went in a run with my daughter.  Upped the interval to 30/30s and did 20 intervals, which ate up almost 2 miles.  It felt really good.  The girl was worn out by the end.  I also did 30 pushups in the evening.

I've been doing Duolingo at lunch so my streak continues.so that's cool.

Work today was almost productive, but by the time I really started to sink my teeth into it, it was time to go home.  The class I'm teaching is going well but I can't get anything else done.

• Like 4

Friday Update

Took the day off work today.  Good call, sir.

Food was mostly good today, but I did go a little bit overboard on some pizza.  Just a little bit.  Otherwise fine.

For exercise today I went to a garden store and bought plants for my front flower bed.  I got oak-leaf hydrangeas, wild Columbine, Virginia bluebells, and ostrich ferns.  The exercise part was getting them all planted.  18 containers in all, and I also removed the last Japanese yew bush and also it was raining for a lot of the time.  Not a heavy rain, but still, shoveling Indiana clay in the rain is good for grip strength.  Then later I did a quick 3-mile loop on my bicycle just for fun.

That's about it for today.  I feel I've done well.

• Like 4

That sounds like a perfect day off. I hope we get to see your new garden sometime too!

17 hours ago, Cheetah said:

shoveling Indiana clay in the rain is good for grip strength.

Funny, I thought you would have had @Sloth the Enduring at 'shoveling'.     Given us being the OG Shovel Glovers of NF.   HAH.

I give you so much credit for yard work in rain.  If it's grey out at all, I am inside doing inside projects.   LOL.

• Like 1

Saturday Update

Food today was mostly good.  Biscuits and gravy and eggs for breakfast, potato soup for lunch, burger and brats, cucumber salad and coke slaw for dinner.  I did get into some mindless habit eating at dinner.

Today's exercise was mostly yard work.  I mowed the lawn, picked up a load of mulch and spread that over the flowerbeds, worked on rearranging some rocks.  More on that another time.  Also I did pushups.

• Like 2

Sunday Update

Food today was much better.  I made two new things!  For breakfast I made sourdough-ish bicuits.  They were really just baking powder biscuits with some starter mixed in for fun. But they were good.  Second new thing was waffles for dinner.  My beautiful and epicurean wife was lamenting our derth of homemade waffles, so I went out and bought a waffle iron.  I used the first recipe I found on Allrecipes and they came out pretty good!  And I ate biscuits and waffles mindfully.

Exercise today was a long run.  30/30 x 30 intervals plus warmup and cool down put me at about 2.5 miles.  It felt really good, but I'm tired.  My joints are all good so far, but I can feel the lack of conditioning.

• Like 4

I feel better today.  I could do with a bit more sleep, but all systems check out, so that's good.  I was a little worried after yesterday's run.  But I think everything is alright so far.

I'm going to try as hard as I can to stay at the 30/30 interval for a week or two.  The hardest thing about it is that it's annoying to start and stop so many times.  I think my next step up will be to increase both the run and the walk, so I'll go to 40/40 and see how that works.  I'm trying not to plan too far ahead, but if I then went to 50/50 and then 60/60, I think that would be far less annoying and I could stay there for a while.  As I'm pushing intervals I'll decrease the number of repeats, and try to keep the total time at around 30 minutes.  That sounds reasonable, right?

• Like 2

I think it sounds reasonable for sure.    The best part of your plan so far as I've seen you update, is that you are gauging how the body responds to each run.   That's awesome!

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I think it sounds reasonable for sure.    The best part of your plan so far as I've seen you update, is that you are gauging how the body responds to each run.   That's awesome!

Thanks!

We have backyard ducks!  :D

And also a bunny!   They all hang out at about the same time every day.  

Your neighborhood looks like mine!  Haha which makes sense.  

And the history is so similar. ;)

• Like 1

Tuesday Update

Food today was good.  I tried a new thing.  Canned Brown Bread.  Apparently it's more common in the northeast of the country.  For breakfast I had some warm with butter.  For lunch I had some with sunflower butter and some with corned beef lunch meat.  It was good all the ways.  It has a dense texture but it's not gooey or dry.  It's not unlike pumpernickel.  The primary flavor is molasses.  It's sweet but not so much that it won't pair with savory i think.  I want to try it with cream cheese and ham. Then with some kind of veg... Cucumber and tomato perhaps?  We'll see.

Exercise was good today.  I ran, 40/40 intervals, 15 repeats, with a pretty long (for me) warm up and cool down, total distance 2 miles.  I also did 30 pushups.

All of my plants are doing well, even the little redbud tree i transplanted.  So that's good.

Our chicks are almost totally feathered out.  They look like tiny chickens now.  I'll try to get a pic or video soon.

• Like 3