• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah Continues

Wednesday update

Food was good today.  Protein bars, sammich for lunch, chili for dinner, handful of coffee nut mnms for dessert.  All mindful.

No exercise today.  Work was a shitshow.

• Like 1

Thursday Update

Food was not good today.  I had eggs for breakfast, and some leftover chili for lunch, and that was all good.  For dinner we got fast food and I way over did it.

Exercise was good though.  I ran 40/40 intervals for 16 repetitions, with warmup and cool down it came up to 2 miles.  Everything felt good.  My feet have started to complain a little, but in a good way, not a bad way.  I don't know how to describe it.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cheetah said:

For dinner we got fast food and I way over did it.

That's ok, tomorrow is another day :)

• Like 1

Just one meal being off isn't a whole day of food being not good.    It was a not good meal for the mindful approach.  

I agree with Deftona ™

• That's Metal 1

Friday Update

I don't remember much of Friday.  I know I made a lasagna for dinner, and ate mindfully.  So I guess food was good?  I do not think that I exercised, but I did dig a big hole in the yard. 

Our sump pump outflow line had been leaking for years and making a mud patch in front of the house.  So I found the crack, had the line snaked out, and today I spliced in a new section and it doesn't leak any more!  Much of the work today was done during rain and I was fairly covered in mud by the end.  Instead of shoveling the wet clay back into the hole, I scooped it in by have, and made my kids help because playing in the mud is good for you.

Saturday Update

Food today has been good.  I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and we had a picnic lunch at the woods behind our church.  Dinner was sush, and ice cream for dessert.

For exercise I ran today, 40/40 interval for 24 repetitions.  Then I did a few reps at 1min run/walk just to see how it would feel.  It felt dangerously totally fine.  Hmm.

• Like 3

Sunday update

Food was okay I think?  I think it was biscuits and gravy for breakfast, I think I didn't eat lunch, and for dinner we went to a friend's and had a cookout.  I think I had one hot dog past mindful eating, but that's pretty good.

For exercise I took a walk in the morning to work out the stiffness from my legs.  Then in the evening I swam a few laps in my friends pool, which was very cold and that felt good.  I also did 30 pushups in a single set, and that was pretty much my Max.

• Like 1

Monday Update

Food was good and not good today.  Breakfast was eggs and bacon, fine.  Lunch was sourdough waffles, which I ate mindfully, fine.  For dinner we had friends over.  I bbqd two racks of babyback ribs, which I served with homemade bbq sauce, made from the juice from the ribs.  If you know the difference between making soup with stock vs. without, you can imagine the difference between homemade sauce and store boughten.  We also grilled some corn on the cob and I made jacket potatoes.  Also there was sauteed brussles sprouts, and I made a strawberry rhubarb pie that we ate with strawberry swirl ice cream.  Oh, and I did some fresh lemon-lime-ade.   It was a feast, no two ways about it.  I may not need to eat at all tomorrow.  Was it mindful?  Well, kind of.  I had a rational serving of everything I ate, I didn't go back for more of anything.  Sometimes you have to feast.  No Ragrets.

Exercise was good today, too.  I hopped on the ol' Varsity and did a quick 4 mile ride this morning, just to keep things loose.  I also did 30 pushups.

I did a bit of vehicle repair yesterday, I forgot to mention.  Sally's been stuck on full-hot for a while now, which wasn't a problem in the winter but definitely is now.  I narrowed the problem down to a faulty mix valve actuator, which Honda in there infinite mercy made easy to access and remove.  New part is on the way via Amazon, and should be a breeze to install.  I like it when it's cheap and easy.  Sally also has a tire that leaks down every few days; I'll probably do that one next weekend.  Also she needs an oil change, and I think Mary is due oil too.  Kate's power steering is out. There's a bad leak somewhere, and all the hard lines are really badly corroded so it's hard to see where the problem is.  Best bet is to replace all of the lines, which involves getting at least the AC compressor and power steering pump out, and who knows what else to access all of the connection points.  It's more work than I want to do.  I think I'm finally done with Kate.  Does anyone need a truck?  She's free, just come pick her up.  Not a joke.  I'm spreading the word.

I have another problem that is likely to be the opposite of cheap and easy.  I used some tracing dye to positively confirm that the sanitary outflow line from our house is leaking, and the water is making it's way back into our sump well, as it will do.  It seems likely that this problem has existed since before we moved in, but it's ours now.  I'm going to start calling tomorrow to find someone who can look at it and give us an estimate for repair, but this one is going to hurt.  We are almost certainly going to have to have the line trenched up in the back yard and repaired/replaced.  We'll be lucky to come in under $10k.  At least my credit is good, and hey, who doesn't want another bill to pay?  Amirite?

I think that's all I've got for now.  Oh, except in the spirit of Tank and Deffy's threads, I wanted to post some tunes.  Just stuff that's been rolling around in my head lately.

I dropped a Satriani tune in the Garden Party, and I have to post another one here.  

Chili Peppers came up the other day, and I can't remember whether anyone posted Under the Bridge, but even if so it bears repeating.

These songs represent specific people who came into my life and gave me hope when I was very hopeless.  They helped me believe that I wasn't alone, and they probably saved my life.

Thanks for listening.  🙂

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

For dinner we had friends over.  I bbqd two racks of babyback ribs, which I served with homemade bbq sauce, made from the juice from the ribs.  If you know the difference between making soup with stock vs. without, you can imagine the difference between homemade sauce and store boughten.  We also grilled some corn on the cob and I made jacket potatoes.  Also there was sauteed brussles sprouts, and I made a strawberry rhubarb pie that we ate with strawberry swirl ice cream.  Oh, and I did some fresh lemon-lime-ade.

Oh wow cheetah. Just... wow. 

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

These songs represent specific people who came into my life and gave me hope when I was very hopeless.  They helped me believe that I wasn't alone, and they probably saved my life.

I love these little insights through music :)

Omg everything sounds list amazing and lovely food and yard work wise.   I'd be so out there in the mud with you.  And yes, feast indeed.  I love that you could do it without the regret coming in. 

YUUUUS!   Sweet Baby Rays!    We loooove that for our store bought.    There's an actual Sweet Baby Ray's restaurant just down the street from me, and now I feel a powerful hankerin'!!

Also, this Dark Vlog thing is super trendy.   I think we should all do one! 

Sorry to hear about work snafu.    I think most of us have been in that place and it's not a fun one.   But, it will eventually pass.   Hope it goes as smoothly as it can in the clean up for you.

• Like 1

Would you be so kind to contact me, i would like to like give you some information on one Dungeons and Dragons Play by Post game.

Thank you very much

Proceed!

My thoughts as I watch the video. I started typing them at 3:00 minutes into the video.

At the beginning: how do you function in that place with all the writing backwards?

At some point after: Does your bursar require dried frog pills.

At 3:01: You had a plane whose registry ended in AA and you went with Alice?

At 4:24: They shine lights up the cracks?*

At 4:34: That radial engine you reference looks like a sea mine from across the room.

At 9:05: Man I'm glad that wasn't my harness.

At 10:24: Before I realized that was a HAL 9000 picture I really, really wanted to push the big red button.

At 14:41: Work has been hellish? I never would have guessed that from the fact that you are making a VLOG at WORK on a SUNDAY!

*I'm not sorry.

• Like 2

I'm doing a really terrible job of keeping up with things and updating here.

This week has been mostly okay for food, although I'm hitting the ice cream a little heavier than I want to.  But man, the stress is very high.  So I'm excused a small ammount of excess.

Exercise has been hit and miss.  I did a bit of a run yesterday, but my calf is still aggrievated so I only ran a bit and then mostly walked.  I'm going to have to just walk for a coule of weeks I think, then have another go at it.

That's about it.  I'm really just struggling every day to keep my shit together.  I've had a headache all week and I'm sure it's just stress.  I need to do something to take care of myself.  Hopefully I'll have time to take a walk today.  I guess we'll see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I'm really just struggling every day to keep my shit together.  I've had a headache all week and I'm sure it's just stress.  I need to do something to take care of myself.  Hopefully I'll have time to take a walk today.  I guess we'll see.

I really hope you get some time to get that walk in, or you get to do something else to relax. Also, stop worrying about ice cream, this isn't the time. ❤️ You're doing great Cheetah, I hope there's some respite soon. 

21 minutes ago, deftona said:

Also, stop worrying about ice cream, this isn't the time. ❤️ 

That's what she said! ™

I mean, I agree with what she said ... woops. 

I get terrible stress headaches from the tension.   Do shoulder/neck rubs help with that, and could you convince the lady wife to do that for you to help ease some of the pressure?   That is the only thing that helps my tension headaches.     I know you're super busy and that's where the stress is coming in too - but could you set aside an hour a week to really give yourself time to let go and decompress?

I just found out that I have the same birthday as Leslie Knope.

It's my first time through Parks and Rec so no spoilers please.

But do come share in my joy.  🙂

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I just found out that I have the same birthday as Leslie Knope.

It's my first time through Parks and Rec so no spoilers please.

But do come share in my joy.  🙂

Goooosh I LOVE THIS SHOW.  I love every character. It's so quotable.  And now I want to go and rewatch it....