Jump to content

[Mad Hatter] Respawn #436-#438


Recommended Posts

origin.jpg

 

I started off last challenge really well with the aggressive optimism approach. Until I ran out and turned into a pile of gloop. But if there's one thing I'm really good at, it's starting over. 😂

 

I'm a little cautious about doing a "proper" challenge. Today I feel great, but my mood is so turbulent that for now I'm just going to write down a list of stuff that's on my mind and not worry about goals. Maybe I'll make some goals at the end of zero week. Or maybe not. 😉

 

  • Start mooooving again. Movement is hugely important for my mental health, aaand I love it - DO IT ALREADY!
  • Eat a little better. My diet has devolved into eggs and baked goods. A little more variety and (a lot) less sweets would be good.
  • Don't isolate myself even more than needed on bad days.
  • Go outside even on bad days.
  • Keep up with the art studies. I find it calming. I had some doubts about whether too much focus on exercises really is all that helpful, but then I listened to a podcast and the hosts' opinion was basically that the first year/phase of learning should be to learn the craft and not worry about making cool stuff. Because you won't be technically able to make cool stuff anyway. It was reassuring. They also had another recommendation which is to find out what kind of art you'd like to make, and to find artists to copy. Now the number of amazing artists is absolutely overwhelming, so I have a request for you😊I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see artwork from your favorite artists. My tastes are rather lowbrow so I'm probably less interested in old fine arts masters, even if their work is beautiful, but please throw anything at me - I'm super curious!
  • Like 12
Link to post

I'll admit I posted this challenge early without goals just so I'd have a new shiny place to post a tiny win. 😉

 

Today I did an IG acro/floor flow class held by pole dancer Bendy Kate, and it was awesome and I felt happy and human again! It had some really fun movements - shoulder stands and rolls, back and belly spins, some stylish monkey hop variations and a contemporary dance move. I found the moves surprisingly easy to grasp, but very difficult to execute well. Perfect getting back on track class. 😊

  • Like 7
Link to post

HERE FOR SUPPORT. It's a rough time for everyone.

 

Favorite artists... hmm, removing the old masters from the equation, I really love the faerie inspired works of illustrator Brian Froud. I have his illustrated faerie tarot deck and I just enjoy looking at the pictures some days.

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Link to post
1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Movement is hugely important for my mental health, aaand I love it - DO IT ALREADY!

YEEEESSS!

 

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

My diet has devolved into eggs and baked goods.

It could be worse :D

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Link to post

I have to admit the challenge title made me laugh, but in a shared problem kind of way, you know, recognition 😌

 

Following your foray into art is awesome.

I favourite artist; 

https://instagram.com/loisvb?igshid=1kmiepv91lgcl

Can’t really say why, but I’ve followed her for years and years. She has some posts redoing drawings from 10 years ago. I guess part of it is that she talks about these things.

  • Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares for the new year

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Link to post

Following. @Starpuck is one of my favorite artists.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Now the number of amazing artists is absolutely overwhelming, so I have a request for you😊I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see artwork from your favorite artists. My tastes are rather lowbrow so I'm probably less interested in old fine arts masters, even if their work is beautiful, but please throw anything at me - I'm super curious!

 

I have wildly varied tastes when it comes to art... and I suspect you mean drawing and painting arts, specifically, since that's what you have been practicing. Behind the spoiler is one of my favorites. :) 

 

Spoiler

Lothlorien in spring... drawn by Professor Tolkien himself.

 

J.R.R. Tolkien's Magnificent Original Drawings for The Lord of The ...

 

  • Like 3

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26

Link to post
14 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'll admit I posted this challenge early without goals just so I'd have a new shiny place to post a tiny win. 😉

If that isn't the best reason to post a challenge, I don't know what is :) 

  • Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post

In!

15 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see artwork from your favorite artists.

 

Just now, I'm thinking of graphic novels / comics books. I really like Enki Bilal dystopic landscapes (more than his human characters' faces, the non-humans/hybrids are cool though).

And in a totally different category, F'murr, not that his style is particular elaborated but it's just very funny visuals :D His main work is on a group of ewes and a billy goat: "Génie des alpages" (the genious of mountain pastures).

 

9782205008920-w360.jpg?v=1573813388

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Link to post

I really like Ali Banisadr...

 

inline_AB_2084_300dpi.jpg

 

He's got a cool story. Look him up.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

 

Link to post
18 hours ago, starsapart said:

HERE FOR SUPPORT. It's a rough time for everyone.

 

Favorite artists... hmm, removing the old masters from the equation, I really love the faerie inspired works of illustrator Brian Froud. I have his illustrated faerie tarot deck and I just enjoy looking at the pictures some days.

Yay! 

 

Brilliant, obv I watched Dark Crystal but didn't know the name. :) 

 

17 hours ago, zenLara said:

YEEEESSS!

 

It could be worse :D

It could, but not much. 😛

 

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I have to admit the challenge title made me laugh, but in a shared problem kind of way, you know, recognition 😌

 

Following your foray into art is awesome.

I favourite artist; 

https://instagram.com/loisvb?igshid=1kmiepv91lgcl

Can’t really say why, but I’ve followed her for years and years. She has some posts redoing drawings from 10 years ago. I guess part of it is that she talks about these things.

Might as well roll with the punches. 😂

 

You don't need reasons to love art! That's for critics.

I actually remember a few years back spending forever browsing her art book, umming and awwing over if I could fit one more book or not. I couldn't. 😛 But I do love her colours in particular.

 

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. @Starpuck is one of my favorite artists.

Nice! 😄I see a lot of improvement over the years, it's very cool and encouraging to see.

 

16 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

I have wildly varied tastes when it comes to art... and I suspect you mean drawing and painting arts, specifically, since that's what you have been practicing. Behind the spoiler is one of my favorites. :) 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Lothlorien in spring... drawn by Professor Tolkien himself.

 

J.R.R. Tolkien's Magnificent Original Drawings for The Lord of The ...

 

Lovely! My tastes are varied as well, I'm trying to figure out the commonalities and to give myself *some* sort of vague direction. And yes I did think of drawing and painting primarily, but if there are other visual artists you love I'm keen to see those too!

 

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

If that isn't the best reason to post a challenge, I don't know what is :) 

It's at least as good as any. 😆

 

3 hours ago, @mu said:

In!

 

Just now, I'm thinking of graphic novels / comics books. I really like Enki Bilal dystopic landscapes (more than his human characters' faces, the non-humans/hybrids are cool though).

And in a totally different category, F'murr, not that his style is particular elaborated but it's just very funny visuals :D His main work is on a group of ewes and a billy goat: "Génie des alpages" (the genious of mountain pastures).

 

9782205008920-w360.jpg?v=1573813388

Oh neat! Do you have a favourite graphic novel of his (or other for that matter)?

 

Haha cute!

 

59 minutes ago, Chris Tarly said:

I really like Ali Banisadr...

 

inline_AB_2084_300dpi.jpg

 

He's got a cool story. Look him up.

Will do! That's cool.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Thanks so much for sharing, please keep it coming! It's partly for selfish future purposes, but mostly I just really love seeing what you're into. 🤩

 

This morning I got a rude reminder of why I need to move and take care of my body. I woke up at 5am because my lower back was in spasm and my elbows were stabbing. I shifted my position and went back to sleep, but now my hip is absolutely killing me. 😥 This morning my left hip was an inch higher than my right, and I couldn't even stabilize a quarter squat without bracing like a mad woman and hinging was near impossible. After a bit of coaxing I can at least walk normally, as in it hurts but it doesn't affect my gate too much, but I still can't find a good position to exist making it impossible to concentrate on work. This sucks. On the plus side, it's a lovely day outside and I managed to pick herbs in the forest that I'm going to put in my lunch later. 😍That hobbit life yo!

  • Like 4
Link to post
3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thanks so much for sharing, please keep it coming!

I was looking for some stuff from my favorite artist but it seems he has taken down most of his work from his website.  I will have to ask him what's up and see if he can direct me to a few samples I can share here

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post

I'm not in to art enough to have a favorite artist, but one thing that came to mind was this:

 

I was really close to funding Simon Stålenhag's Tales from the Loop when it first launched on Kickstarter because I really liked the style of the illustrations in combination with the actual subject matter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cabinetentertainment/simon-stalenhags-tales-from-the-loop (visit the kickstarter page to see the video below in larger format)

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

On the plus side, it's a lovely day outside and I managed to pick herbs in the forest that I'm going to put in my lunch later. 😍That hobbit life yo!

SO HOBBITY. 

 

Ugh, sorry your body was in such disarray this morning. 

 

That flow class sounds so cool. I have such limited room in my house for most of those movements. I'm nervous I'm not even going to have enough wall space to be able to properly do the handstand classes I've signed up for this week. 🙁

 

And I'll start sharing IG posts I like with you in here. I follow a lot of uhhh lewd accounts, comic book artists, and tattoo artists, so it'll be a diverse mix. Samantha Mash is one I love a lot. She did some very cool horsewomen of the apocalypse last year or the year before. 

inktober-samantha-mash.jpg

 

But also does lovely color work too. https://www.instagram.com/samanthamashillustration/?hl=en

 

  • Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to post

Following! And to support your artist recommendation. I’m super behind on indie comics, but here are my favorite artists. 

 

Yokoboo who does https://www.daughterofthelilies.com/

 

arythusa who does The Glass Scientist comic. And I think some Disney shows https://www.instagram.com/arythusa/

 

chlove who does Go Get A Roomie comic

https://www.deviantart.com/batlesbo

 

 

TinyAinty who does Ava’s Demon comic and possibly some Disney shows 

https://www.instagram.com/tinypainty/

 

Aliza Layne who does Demon Street. I love their color palettes and fluffy character designs https://mobile.twitter.com/alizabees

 

Good town for their aesthetic 

https://googtown.tumblr.com

 

https://marianascosta.tumblr.com

 

Ill just leave these few for now. Hope that’s enough material to tide ya over 😜

 

022DE18E-54E1-4066-8482-27FF4F6B5508.jpeg

36FE6029-E914-4241-B5E2-66BE694A6225.jpeg

7DDA2A06-6F0B-4661-AA3A-5647D213DBCB.jpeg

Link to post

Ouch! Hope you wake up much better tomorrow.. it’s crazy how these things sometimes pop up without warnings. 
 

Do you know the comic dumbing of age? Also love that artist, I read his comic almost every day and his art is maybe not beautiful but it’s good and functional? 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares for the new year

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Link to post
18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

This morning I got a rude reminder of why I need to move and take care of my body. I woke up at 5am because my lower back was in spasm and my elbows were stabbing. I shifted my position and went back to sleep, but now my hip is absolutely killing me. 😥 This morning my left hip was an inch higher than my right, and I couldn't even stabilize a quarter squat without bracing like a mad woman and hinging was near impossible

 

That's quite worrying :abnormal: does some physical activity entirely solve it?

 

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

On the plus side, it's a lovely day outside and I managed to pick herbs in the forest that I'm going to put in my lunch later. 😍That hobbit life yo!

 

Yessss!

 

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh neat! Do you have a favourite graphic novel of his (or other for that matter)?

 

F'murr I mostly like his ewes collection :D  Enki Bilal, I haven't read that many of him although he is quite prolific. Visually I think I like best "Animal'z" and "La foire aux immortels". He does illustrations too. And it' all hand made, no digital painting.

 

Spoiler

01.jpg

 

enkibilalart.jpg

 

image-oeuvre-transit_1991-1000-1000-92633.jpg

 

2888_10537919_0.jpg?itok=PKfqQ0lU

 

 

  • Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Link to post
On 5/6/2020 at 4:23 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Brilliant, obv I watched Dark Crystal but didn't know the name. :) 

 

He's got a great imagination.

 

For something completely different, I follow this artist on Instagram and her art just makes me smile. I keep thinking of commissioning something.

 

I hope you're feeling better!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Link to post
On 5/5/2020 at 7:51 AM, Mad Hatter said:

I started off last challenge really well with the aggressive optimism approach. Until I ran out and turned into a pile of gloop. But if there's one thing I'm really good at, it's starting over. 😂

 

I'm a little cautious about doing a "proper" challenge. Today I feel great, but my mood is so turbulent that for now I'm just going to write down a list of stuff that's on my mind and not worry about goals. Maybe I'll make some goals at the end of zero week. Or maybe not. 😉


Sorry about the gloop mood. 

 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:51 AM, Mad Hatter said:

I have a request for you😊I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see artwork from your favorite artists. My tastes are rather lowbrow so I'm probably less interested in old fine arts masters, even if their work is beautiful, but please throw anything at me - I'm super curious!

 

Heck yeah. 

You said anything, so here's Cezanne (famous impressionist), Shaun Tan (children's book illustrator), and one of the tarot cards from Dragon Age:Inquisition (a video game)

 

Spoiler

u-g-F59LZB0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0red-tree2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1ab6587a2754b415808b577764b590d57.jpg&f=1

 

An art nouveau poster (by a Paul Berthon... I like all the art nouveau stuff and don't really know who is who), something by Sigmar Polke (a famous German artist)

Spoiler

L'Ermitage_par_Paul_Berthon_2.jpg955f641cf7f49669af4ac2248e72386f--sigmar

 

And a portrait of Whistler's mother (impressionist? psot impressionist? don't know don't care)

Spoiler

1024px-Whistlers_Mother_high_res.jpg

 

  • Like 3

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post
On 5/6/2020 at 3:35 AM, Mad Hatter said:

This morning I got a rude reminder of why I need to move and take care of my body. I woke up at 5am because my lower back was in spasm and my elbows were stabbing. I shifted my position and went back to sleep, but now my hip is absolutely killing me. 😥

 

 


Oh dear 😕 

 

Quote

On the plus side, it's a lovely day outside and I managed to pick herbs in the forest that I'm going to put in my lunch later. 😍That hobbit life yo!


Yesss. Now for a feast with ale and home baked honey loaf. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post

Sorry to hear about your body hurting. I hope it's better by now.

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines