[Mad Hatter] Respawn #436-#438

Following for the art, the aerial discussions, and the hobbit life!

Hope things with the muscles have calmed down. My back always seems to spasm during exercise right before I come down with something, so I'm all too used to them. Hoping it hasn't laid you out too much.

• Like 1

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

On 5/5/2020 at 4:09 PM, Mad Hatter said:

I'll admit I posted this challenge early without goals just so I'd have a new shiny place to post a tiny win. 😉

Today I did an IG acro/floor flow class held by pole dancer Bendy Kate, and it was awesome and I felt happy and human again! It had some really fun movements - shoulder stands and rolls, back and belly spins, some stylish monkey hop variations and a contemporary dance move. I found the moves surprisingly easy to grasp, but very difficult to execute well. Perfect getting back on track class. 😊

Oh my gosh Bendy Kate is amazing! She is my Level 50 goals (if I can finally get past my Shoulder Mount Deadlift consistency issues). Congrats on taking her class, but I'm so sorry you're in pain! I hope you're feeling better now!

Battle Log: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War// Challenge 1 (Do Over) // Respawn Log: Continue [Y]/[N]

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” 

Thief of Time

SORRY for disappearing, I didn't even realize. 🙈Have a very serious doodle as an apology.

IMG_8264.jpg.3b9ca530b33941492d43c37d8324db59.jpg

Thank you all so much for art and comics, it's so much fun seeing what you all like!

On 5/6/2020 at 6:00 PM, raptron said:

That flow class sounds so cool. I have such limited room in my house for most of those movements. I'm nervous I'm not even going to have enough wall space to be able to properly do the handstand classes I've signed up for this week. 🙁

Shame. 😕Could you potentially take it outside on like a plywood board?

On 5/6/2020 at 6:00 PM, raptron said:

And I'll start sharing IG posts I like with you in here. I follow a lot of uhhh lewd accounts, comic book artists, and tattoo artists, so it'll be a diverse mix. 

Tell me more... 😉

Jk (well not really) but I'm looking forward to more art! I love your tats so I know it's good stuff.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:47 PM, Korranation said:

Following! And to support your artist recommendation. I’m super behind on indie comics, but here are my favorite artists. 

Hiii! 🤗Cool, thanks a bunch!

On 5/7/2020 at 12:51 AM, KB Girl said:

Ouch! Hope you wake up much better tomorrow.. it’s crazy how these things sometimes pop up without warnings. 

Do you know the comic dumbing of age? Also love that artist, I read his comic almost every day and his art is maybe not beautiful but it’s good and functional? 

So weird.

Nope, will check it out!

On 5/7/2020 at 7:59 AM, @mu said:

That's quite worrying :abnormal: does some physical activity entirely solve it?

Nah I'm not concerned, that part of my body likes to act up. Not often, but every few months. This was just a lot worse than usual. Physical activity helps, I just throw what I can at it, a few stretches, lots of glute stuff. It helps. Usually it only lasts for a day. This time it went to 80-90% within a day, but now there's still a little niggle left and I can't stand for very long without moving...

On 5/8/2020 at 6:47 AM, Harriet said:

And a portrait of Whistler's mother (impressionist? psot impressionist? don't know don't care)

Reveal hidden contents

1024px-Whistlers_Mother_high_res.jpg

Thanks for art! I don't want to comment too much on what I like and dislike because I just want to see it all, but Whistler's mother deserves a special mention because it represents so well the kind of art I hate*. 😄But it's fantastic because it made me think about what I don't like as well as what I do like. And what I do like but I'm uninterested in trying to emulate. 

*It might be great - technically. But for me art is an escape and that's not a place I want to escape to. 😛

On 5/8/2020 at 6:50 AM, Harriet said:

Yesss. Now for a feast with ale and home baked honey loaf. 

No ale, but I did finally bake @raptron's feta and walnut scone. ☺️

On 5/8/2020 at 8:59 PM, PaulG said:

Following for the art, the aerial discussions, and the hobbit life!

Hope things with the muscles have calmed down. My back always seems to spasm during exercise right before I come down with something, so I'm all too used to them. Hoping it hasn't laid you out too much.

Awesome!

Ah interesting, nice to have an indicator like that. 

On 5/10/2020 at 1:52 AM, MsAllegraFox said:

Oh my gosh Bendy Kate is amazing! She is my Level 50 goals (if I can finally get past my Shoulder Mount Deadlift consistency issues). Congrats on taking her class, but I'm so sorry you're in pain! I hope you're feeling better now!

Oh cool a pole dancer I take it! Yay! 🤗Welcome! It was a really nice class, and well taught despite being on IG live. Funnily enough I can usually pull off a shoulder mount or two despite never practicing (as long as I don't weigh too much). But I've lost everything else! It's been years since I poled on a regular basis, but my plan is to make that more of a priority and revisit the basics. 😄

Thanks!

• Like 6
41 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Have a very serious doodle as an apology.

Nice, I love it

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh cool a pole dancer I take it! Yay! 🤗Welcome! It was a really nice class, and well taught despite being on IG live. Funnily enough I can usually pull off a shoulder mount or two despite never practicing (as long as I don't weigh too much). But I've lost everything else! It's been years since I poled on a regular basis, but my plan is to make that more of a priority and revisit the basics. 😄

Thanks!

Thank you! Pole, hoop and sling are my main three (I really want to do silks and static trapeze, but there are/were no classes in my aera). That's amazing, big up for your shoulder/core/bicep strength! Can't wait to see your progress! 😊

Battle Log: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War// Challenge 1 (Do Over) // Respawn Log: Continue [Y]/[N]

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” 

Thief of Time

2 hours ago, MsAllegraFox said:

aera

Love the spelling. Like aerial artists have their own area codes 😎 😛

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Have a very serious doodle as an apology.

Glad to hear time flew by haha. Doodle apology accepted! Love underwater "stuff and things" :)

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater | 
Battle log

Following along because you are awesome... and because I'm having fun seeing all these artists people are throwing at you

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

8 hours ago, Tobbe said:

That's a good scone recipe! I made it a while ago and shared with my wife. We didn't eat it all though, so I froze the rest. Thawed and ate the last piece this weekend 😋

I... I wish I thought of that. 😂

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Nice, I love it

7 hours ago, @mu said:

Oh I really like this one!

Haha thanks, it was fun to draw. 😄I was thinking of expanding either this one or one of my other thumbnails into something fully rendered... 

6 hours ago, MsAllegraFox said:

Thank you! Pole, hoop and sling are my main three (I really want to do silks and static trapeze, but there are/were no classes in my aera). That's amazing, big up for your shoulder/core/bicep strength! Can't wait to see your progress! 😊

Nice! And thanks! It kinda sucks having to go back to square... 2. Mostly because my pain tolerance is near zero. 😅Even simple leg hangs hurt AF haha.

3 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Glad to hear time flew by haha. Doodle apology accepted! Love underwater "stuff and things" :)

Me too, especially all the weird critters! When diving everyone looks to the cool stuff like sharks, I stick my head in the reef and look for aliens. 😄

6 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

Following along because you are awesome... and because I'm having fun seeing all these artists people are throwing at you

Aww thanks! I don't feel I'm particularly awesome atm so your support is much appreciated. 🙂

• Like 1
On 5/6/2020 at 9:38 PM, WhiteGhost said:

I was looking for some stuff from my favorite artist but it seems he has taken down most of his work from his website.  I will have to ask him what's up and see if he can direct me to a few samples I can share here

I knew I should have checked his IG.  Here are a couple of his that I really like.  His fantasy stuff is my favorite, but he also does landscape and some religious stuff as well.

• Like 2

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Scones! :D :D :D

And I do enjoy this space octopus.

Another artist I love: Tillie Walden. She's an independent comic artist with a few books under her belt, including On a Sunbeam which I recommend to people all the time because it is gorgeous -- I am obsessed with her sketchbook art. She's also on IG: https://www.instagram.com/tilliewalden/

Scan+4+(2).jpeg?format=1500w

day_01.jpg?format=1500w

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thanks for art! I don't want to comment too much on what I like and dislike because I just want to see it all, but Whistler's mother deserves a special mention because it represents so well the kind of art I hate*. 😄But it's fantastic because it made me think about what I don't like as well as what I do like. And what I do like but I'm uninterested in trying to emulate. 

*It might be great - technically. But for me art is an escape and that's not a place I want to escape to. 😛

Got it--No more Whistler.

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Nice to see you back.

Thanks for the doodle!

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Thanks guys!!

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I knew I should have checked his IG.  Here are a couple of his that I really like.  His fantasy stuff is my favorite, but he also does landscape and some religious stuff as well.

Awesome! 

11 hours ago, raptron said:

Another artist I love: Tillie Walden. She's an independent comic artist with a few books under her belt, including On a Sunbeam which I recommend to people all the time because it is gorgeous -- I am obsessed with her sketchbook art. She's also on IG: https://www.instagram.com/tilliewalden/

I ADORE On a s sunbeam! Everyone that needs a hefty dose of good feels should read it. I'm 99.9% certain I got the recommendation from you, and since then I have also been recommending it to people. @starsapart if you haven't already read it I think you'd also love it. And @KB Girl

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Got it--No more Whistler.

Maybe not Whistler haha, but it's good to see different types of art. I did love the children's book illustrator though! 

• Like 2

I was scrolling down Tillie Walden's IG and this little quote hit home today.

My motivation is looow right now, but it's not because I feel particularly down but because I've fallen into this loop of inaction. My wing it and see approach is just not working atm and I think I need some structure. And add real goals for accountability. So here's the plan:

Goal 1: Make a plan (inspired by @WhiteGhost)

I've been experimenting with setting up reminders on my phone that auto snooze until I do them or I ignore them. It was extremely useful for a few days when I payed attention, then I ignored them, now I want to pay attention again. I don't know what my ideal schedule will end up being, so to start with I set something up like

7:30 go outside

8:00 coffee and art studies

12:00 lunch/movement break (this will almost certainly need tweaking)

15:00 tea time (to make sure I take a work break and eat a snack)

16:00 train (this will likely end up later because of work, but I want to give myself enough time to snooze just in case. 😛)

19:00 personal art

The first 4 should be ok, then it gets difficult. It's ok to not do the things, or do them later or earlier, and the things can be 5 minutes long. But I should try. If I don't, I'll make a note of why I didn't to see if I can spot patterns and tweak my schedule as needed.

Goal 2: Plan my day (inspired by @KB Girl)

In the evening I'll take a few minutes to write down

- What I want to eat. I'm not used to bulk buying food and find myself constantly forgetting that I have a bunch of stuff that needs eating.

- What I want to art. Which lectures and exercises, and what personal thing I'd like to work on.

- What I want to practice. Which videos or plans or classes.

Everything about these is optional, they're only there so I don't spend half an hour dawdling with my decisions, and ending up eating toast for dinner.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

this little quote hit home

Funny, I read that and my mind immediately altered it to say:

Stretching may not always bring flexibility

But there is no flexibility without stretching

Guess what's on my mind recently :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Level 2 Ninja

11 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Funny, I read that and my mind immediately altered it to say:

Stretching may not always bring flexibility

But there is no flexibility without stretching

Guess what's on my mind recently :P 

😂🤣But please don't overthink it. The only reason I said it all because it sounds like torture if you get neither enjoyment nor a reward from training! Training should tick at least one of those boxes, but it's just as ok to not do it. 

Thanks for the comic tip! :) 

and i love the quote, it’s so true. It helps if things are as easy to start as possible, so making decisions about what art etc the day before sounds like it could really help. I hope it does!

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares for the new year

my instagram - my gym's instagram

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I ADORE On a s sunbeam! Everyone that needs a hefty dose of good feels should read it. I'm 99.9% certain I got the recommendation from you, and since then I have also been recommending it to people. @starsapart if you haven't already read it I think you'd also love it. And @KB Girl

I'll have to give it a try if I can find a copy without purchasing! Maybe when libraries reopen?

I like the day and meal planning objectives! I've found it much easier to weather the monotony of the world these days with that stuff to fall back on. Hope it helps you, too.

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire