• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Countess D'If

Countess D’If - New Job Who Dis?

I would very much like to start working out again. I like running. I like yoga. I like lifting weights. Obviously I can't lift weights right now because my gym is closed. But I can do yoga and I can go for walks.

• Plank challenge, every day
  • Walk every work day at lunch, unless some work thing makes that impossible
  • Meditate in the morning, because I find that very relaxing
  • Do yoga once a week, maybe do beginner bodyweight workout once a week
  • Post a to do list here as often as possible. My brain has been running away with me a lot recently and I find that keeping lists keeps me on track. So when I started thinking about how I want to do XYZ, I've learned that if I write that down and tell myself we can revisit this after I get home, my crazy brain will accept that and will let me get back to work.

My new work is going well, I am optimistic but I am still scared out of my mind because of the BS that I went through earlier this year. I am, however, dying of allergies. I can't remember and allergy season this bad. It's not good. I have been keeping a journal, mostly a gratitude journal, but also really paying attention to my anxiety and emotions as I still try to work through the BS. The BS is affecting me in little ways and I need to keep an eye on it so it doesn't run away with me completely. I am currently seeing a therapist via zoom and I am kind of loving it, guys. I don't have to do anything. I just talk to my computer screen (which, let's be honest I do anyway) and a little dude 500 miles away give me advice!

Right now, Midget Mayhem and I have a really nice veggie and herb garden going and I planted out our front flower bed. This coming weekend I'm going to do a big project in our back garden that is going to take all weekend and a humongous trip to Home Depot.

• Like 6

Sounds like you have a good plan. And I totally get the "Liking" to do the things, just need to motivation to do the things.

Hopefully the garden is going well

Sorry I MIA'd there. The Marine is back to work for the first time in almost 2 years. I'm at work. The gorls are homeschooling. Everything is stupid. But going quite well, actually. I have my crazy doctor appointment in 45 minutes. I have a lot to chat to him about. Then I'm off to BUY STUFF!!!! I calculated the cubic footage of my back yard project. I have a list. I have cash in hand. I am out of my mind excited. 

I haven't been doing yoga or working out, but I have meditated in the mornings. And my garden is looking just *chef kiss* I HAVE been keeping up with the plank challenge. I'm up to 41 seconds through SHEER FORCE OF WILL. But I super hate it. It's a lot of work or something. 

Next week I'll try to be better about posting. I think I can now that the dust of all this massive change is settling.

• Like 5

Rocks and sand are down and tamped. Flower bed is planted. Now we wait for the sand to dry and tomorrow after work I'll install the fake grass!!!! EEEEEEEE!!!

EDIT: The sun came out and I installed the grass. IT LOOKS SO GOOOOOOD!!!

• Like 5

Mmmm swedish meatballs ❤️ 

I am so happy and a bit envious of your garden project plan and execution success! Great job :)

• Like 2

I hope things are settling down. I am sure if I ever get real work, I will have the same issues and changes since I have always been the one home or mostly home.

I am sure the grass still looks great. I so want to play outside here with my garden, but it won't stop raining.

Monday: oops!

Tuesday:

• 20 vertical leg crunches

• 17 bicycles

• 15 Russian twists/side

• 43 second plank

• 15 triceps dips

• 10 side lunges/side

• 10 leg lifts/side

• 15 wall push ups

1389 calories in, 2497 calories out. 1099 deficit 🥳

FORGOT the marshmallows I ate for dessert last night. Actually 1509 in for a deficit of 998. Still pretty good. 

• Like 3

Wednesday was ok, I got hungry and had a bowl of fruit loops before supper. But in my defense, supper was taking FOREVER!!! 

• 20 calf raises (I am FEELING these today!)

• 45 second plank

• 10 bird dogs/side

• 15 oblique crunches/side

• 15 crunches

• 20 squats 

• 10 incline pushups

2079 calories in, 2588 calories burned for a 509 calorie deficit. Not complaining. A Deficit is a Deficit. 

work is going well. My boss and my coworkers are lovely. My boss is a brash loud friendly guy who makes bad dad jokes. The work is BUSY ALL THE TIME. I’m telling you, now is the time to be a divorce lawyer 😉

• Like 3

I am so glad things are going well adn the new job is going well. And always take the deficit when you can.

Keep up the good work

• Like 1