• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dancezwithkittehz

dancezwithkittehz is an overbooker

21 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

I always count onion as a flavoring even when I am using a hoard of it (I should probably look up the nutritional info on an onion because I have no clue. Haha.)

Measuring progression: dash, little bit, lot, heaps, tons, HOARD. :lol: Would be a very fragrant kitteh sitting on that hoard. 

Good non-challenge insights. Definitely hear you on the singing thing. The gentleman has stated he loves listening to me sing (mostly, I think, because it means I'm not in weird headspace) but I still worry about mess-ups when I know he's around. Brains are strange. 

• Haha 1

Challenge Update Week 1, Day 3 (Tuesday)

Goal 1 - Track Calories? ✔️Yes
Ate a veggie/fruit?✔️ Yes

Goal 2 - Downtime? Not today. Did 1 out of 2 required downtime days per week

Goal 3 - Home/Self Improvement - 0 out of 3 days minimum per week so far.

Goal 4 - Knee Rehab✔️ 2 out of 7 days so far. not as many reps yesterday as would be ideal but did the thing!

Tuesday I did my strengthy workout stuff from my trainer and I slept pretty well so HEY what do you know exercise is grand? Insanely long RDL sets are SO FUN (not).

DND was also suuuuper fun. I managed to do a lot of hilarious fail rolls. But I didn't die and I managed to escape the dastardly not particularly mobile vines....😂

Also HEY I need to like. Actually work on house stuff. DO THE THING. I will try to get some cleaning in before dance tonight so I can check off a sweet sweet home improvement day for the week.

Also, I am super hungry lately and trying to decide if I should up my calorie intake. I think being less crap about hitting protein goals would help (I ran out of milk and protein shakes with just water are VILE.) I'll see if upping protein fixes-ish the DESIRE TO NOM ALL THE THINGS or if I should actually bump up calories a bit (but also, I could harness said calorie deficit from all the exercising and do a shrink of the residual chubs soooo theres that.)

• Like 2

Un-challenge related, but the whole more things being open has me a bit stressed out. My mom and I had the conversation again where she says "so I'm cool to start shopping again now right since more things are opening?" NOOOO bad idea.  If anything if this encourages more people to be out and about she should doubly be not going out when avoidable until we have a vaccine or more antibody tests or something for more safety for her (she's 70ish with pre-existing conditions.)

Don't get me wrong. I HATE doing grocery shopping for my whole family but I am the youngest and healthiest and also the most obsessively detail oriented who WILL remember to wipe down and decontaminate every damn thing and not cross contaminate and avoid getting near people etc. Ugh. I am super fortunate that she does listen to me when I explain it to her but it's frustrating to keep having the same conversation!

• Like 3

Ugh, that must be super frustrating.  My MIL is the opposite (she is also in her 70s with pre-existing conditions) and she is super paranoid about anything related to this and cringes anytime she hears that one of us left the house.  I'm fine with this paranoia :D 

• Like 2

I love that it is getting warmer but SPRING POLLEN AAAAAH WHYYYYYYY. My sinuses have been fighting with me all week. Thank goodness for neti pot but still. A lot of times I get intense brain fog from sad stuffy head before I get an actual headache and realize I need to do something so that's been fun and SUPER useful for being productive at work. It's also been fun actually being able to smell the salty ocean in the air briefly (it's usually one of those background smells I don't notice but when I mostly can't smell things for a day or so and then can it's like DUDE DOES IT ALWAYS SMELL THIS OCEANY HERE?!)

I also somehow managed to bend weird in my sleep and I think cause an intercostal strain. This is lower on my torso than where I usually manage to do that when driving (yes. I am talented at giving myself weird muscle strains.) I did not sleep well and could barely get comfortable and could only manage to sleep on one side and I don't sleep well when I can't turn over and sleep on different sides sooo ugh. I also think I still have a rib out or some weird thing in my left shoulder area. It's been bothering me to varying degrees for YEARS but it's particularly bad lately and I can't stand laying on my left side for more than a few minutes because it's just uncomfortable and weird and I can feel something isn't right in there. I can has sleep please? 😭

Anywaaay, challenge stuff:

Challenge Update Week 1, Day 4 (Wednesday)

Goal 2 - Downtime? Did 1 out of 2 required downtime days per week

Goal 3 - Home/Self Improvement -✔️ 1 out of 3 days minimum per week so far. 

Goal 4 - Knee Rehab✔️ 3 out of 7 days so far. not as many reps yesterday as would be ideal but did the thing!

Still need to do a downtime day but I have that planned for tonight! I will do the thing!

I also finally got around to doing some house stuff. Yesterday I threw out a box I've been putting off taking apart for...reasons? I don't know. And also got rid of some clothes. I am currently battling with myself to get rid of more of my sock collection. I already got rid of most of the wacky striped thigh highs and stuff a few years back but I still have quite a number of solid color knee and thigh highs that I likewise do not wear. They are in that category of might be useful for dance costumes but I'm not going to wear them day to day so I really should just get rid of them. I think a lot of the more fitted knee high ones probably can't remotely fit over my calves at this point so maybe that is a good motivator to get rid of those ones at least! Realistically if I keep everything that "might be useful for dance costumes" I will remain in the same too much clothes can't find anything state in perpetuity.

Did quite a bit of band rehab stuff for legs and then we ended up doing a million reps of things working the exact same muscles for dance last night so OWW OWW OWW. But heyyyy strengthening those legs and stuff. Also I forget how evil dance can be on arms. We did a long sequence of holding arms up in different dance positions (like, probably 5 min over all of holding arms overhead and out etc in different positions and then going to pulsing between different positions at the end.) Once again OWWWWWWW.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ugh, that must be super frustrating.  My MIL is the opposite (she is also in her 70s with pre-existing conditions) and she is super paranoid about anything related to this and cringes anytime she hears that one of us left the house.  I'm fine with this paranoia :D 

She was like this but now for some reason she has decided to change her mind. I think part of the problem is I don't want to buy her as much junk food as she would like and she constantly wants fast food or donuts etc and I won't go get that for her very often. I am constantly working on talking her out of it and am mostly successful ...so far. Haha. I have decided if she wants to go to a drive through here and there that that is relatively safe since contact is minimal but ugh.

• Like 2

Challenge Update Week 1, Day 5 (Thursday)

Goal 2 - Downtime? ✔️ 2 out of 2 required downtime days per week.

Goal 3 - Home/Self Improvement -1 out of 3 days minimum per week so far. 

Goal 4 - Knee Rehab✔️ 4 out of 7 days so far.

Downtime was a success! I was inspired by Raptron to actually go get some local beer (May Grey, citrusy hazy IPA. MY FAVORIIITE) and it was an excellent choice (photographic evidence below Haha). Though it's pricey compared to lazy grocery store 12 pack, so will have to be more of a special occasion thing! But! if I decide to only drink from small local places that could be a way to cut back on my beer consumption! I'll think about that!

I am worried about my schedule for next week and getting enough downtime... I'm going to try to get in some solid lazing about on Saturday, though I do have some nonprofit board things I have to attend to that day that hopefully won't take too long. (I'm planning to hike on Sunday so I am probably going to be too sore and grumpy to count Sunday as a rest day.) I have a board meeting again next week in addition to normal dance plans, plus a happy hour plan Monday, and DND on Tuesday soo I think I'm going to shoot for definite lazy day on Thurs (which I think? should be doable if I'm not forgetting something...)

• Like 2

In other hilarity my right arm (bicep I think?) is SO MAD RIGHT NOW. Both arms were pretty sore from dance evilness on Weds, and then I managed to hold my right arm at a weird angle while talking to my neighbor for a bit yesterday and apparently that was the FINAL STRAW. I have been struggling to even be able to mouse with that arm without it cramping (luckily trackpad seems OK.) I thought it would be better after a night of sleep but it's still cramping. Going to also try throwing some arnica gel on it since I have it around, but YOU GUYS, it I think it's too sore to play video games. NOOOOOOO. I need to maybe try to play Halo with trackpad but that seems...weird. 😂

This however did finally inspire me to figure out how to do a center mouse click with the trackpad, sooo silver lining?

200.gif

• Like 2

I love the idea of getting quality beer in order to limit consumption. I've started doing the same with chocolate... I'll happily down a handful of m&ms and itch to go back for more, but high-cocoa chocolate leaves me feeling satisfied after one section. Hope you had a lovely, restful weekend.

4 hours ago, Manarelle said:

I love the idea of getting quality beer in order to limit consumption. I've started doing the same with chocolate... I'll happily down a handful of m&ms and itch to go back for more, but high-cocoa chocolate leaves me feeling satisfied after one section. Hope you had a lovely, restful weekend.

I think I'll still get some "lazy" beer from the store since it lasts longer than growlers/crowlers that are freshly poured but I'm going to try to shift more to this anyway haha. Also MMM BEEER haha.

• Like 1

Weekend was good. I ended up cancelling on my Sunday plans because I realize I am super stress mode right now. The only "new" thing that may be contributing in this case is it's a board meeting week for the nonprofit I work with. I think that must be it because otherwise I actually kept my schedule pretty chill over the weekend.

I also was in domestic cook all the things mode:

1. I tried to make slightly "healthier" rice krispie treats since I still had leftover marshmallows. I made them protein rice crispies ( added a scoop of chocolate whey and subbed a few cups of the rice krispies for the cocoa flavored Magic Spoon cereal stuff.) They were...OK. Not nearly as tasty as normal rice krispies but y'know. Haha. I have now used up all the marshmallows so success in that regard!

2. Made some FUCKING DELICIOUS MEATBALLS OMG. I've been buying all my meat from the local butcher lately so it is way extra yum yum quality but I think the recipe was also a winner in this case (which..I didn't 100% follow because I didn't have the exact ratios they asked for but whatever.) Mushroom meatballs are officially NOM. The recipe called for half beef half sauteed down mushroom and I did about 1.5 lbs of mushroom to 1 lb of beef. I also used probably 4x the amount of onion the recipe asked for (it was a big onion and onion in meatball is delicious sooo..) SO YUMMY. Also I made them giant fist sized meatballs because why not.

3. Made a cheesecake! I did an easy one that didn't require a water bath and I think it came out pretty delicious (recipe here). The only alteration I made was to add lemon zest and the juice of one lemon. SO YUMMY. Also, graham cracker crust made with salted butter may be my new favorite thing. It gave it that salty sweet quality (also I love salt.) I definitely need to remember to mallet the graham crackers next time from the beginning. I tried crushing them with my hands but by 2 crackers in I was hating life and my hands were cramping haha.  I may go eat some of this for breakfast.....(lemon+ salty= made this not super sweet and PERFECT for me.)

Challenge stuff:

Challenge Update Week 1, Day 6 (Friday)

Goal 2 - Downtime? 2 out of 2 required downtime days per week. (but goal already met. yay)

Goal 3 - Home/Self Improvement -✔️2 out of 3 days minimum per week so far. 

Goal 4 - Knee Rehab✔️ 5 out of 7 days so far.

Challenge Update Week 1, Day 7 (Saturday)

Goal 2 - Downtime? ✔️3 out of 2 required downtime days per week. (kind of had an extra day. I did have a nonprofit meeting but lazed the rest of the day so Ill take it)

Goal 3 - Home/Self Improvement -2 out of 3 days minimum per week so far. Did not quite make this one this week. Should have done some house things but after namba meeting I wanted to do nothing (well except cook but I consider that a relaxing thing.)

Goal 4 - Knee Rehab✔️ 6 out of 7 days so far. Success! I didn't make my goals until a day late so missing a day was expected.

Challenge Update Week 2, Day 1 (Sunday)

Ate a veggie/fruit? No. Woops. Well unless we want to count lemon juice in a cheesecake, but I am not.

Goal 2 - Downtime? ✔️4 out of 2 required downtime days per week. I did this as an extra full rest day and I am still stressed about this week. Hoping my theory about this being board meeting related is correct and that I will feel less overwhelmed after that is over. Worried this is going to make it harder to enjoy happy hour today and DND on Tuesday but if all else fails I can distract myself into enjoying those with beer. Ugh,

Goal 3 - Home/Self Improvement -0 out of 3 days minimum per week so far. Should have done some of this but hey, the week is just starting.

Goal 4 - Knee Rehab✔️ 1 out of 7 days so far.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Manarelle said:

but high-cocoa chocolate leaves me feeling satisfied after one section

This does not work for me.  High quality chocolate actually leaves me craving more.  

10 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

I did an easy one that didn't require a water bath and I think it came out pretty delicious (recipe here). The only alteration I made was to add lemon zest and the juice of one lemon. SO YUMMY. Also, graham cracker crust made with salted butter may be my new favorite thing. It gave it that salty sweet quality (also I love salt.) I definitely need to remember to mallet the graham crackers next time from the beginning. I tried crushing them with my hands but by 2 crackers in I was hating life and my hands were cramping haha.  I may go eat some of this for breakfast.....(lemon+ salty= made this not super sweet and PERFECT for me.)

This sounds absolutely amazing!

I have been a bit of a grumpus this week so I haven't been posting much (since me whining about things making me grumpy doesn't necessarily help me get ungrumpy.)

Work has been crazy this week (and in general!) I've also been fighting off lovely sinus headaches every day since last week (ugh spring pollen).

My cat has also been up to her usual "haha you figured out a food plan I like and that doesn't kill my stomach so obviously I am now tired of all those foods and refuse to eat." I adore my littl old lady cat but EAT YOUR FOOD CAT SERIOUSLY UGH. I can mostly only get her to eat the fancy freeze dried raw stuff now which is great except I can't hide her pumpkin supplement or her CBD drops on a dry food and she won't eat the freeze dried raw if I actually rehydrate it like you are supposed to. I'm now having to give the CBD to her like meds and shoot it in her mouth which she HATES but bruh..you are the one making this hard on yourself. Cats.

Anywhoooo challenge wise I am getting most of the things but I have been failing on doing the housework stuff. I may need to decide to hack that goal or make it a like, if I work on it once a week I get a gold star YAY YOU DID STUFF point for myself because I just don't have the spoons to do a lot of that right now. I'm going to keep hoping I will feel less stressed after the board meeting this week so I have less...work like extra stuff on my plate to worry about. (My day job is mentally draining enough these days since I am doing the work but without the fun person interaction part, and also since I am the one who directly handles all scheduling and helping our undergrads figure out what classes to take etc I have been EXTRA busy due to COVID and the constantly changing schedule stuff and then getting that information to everyone.)

OKKK anyway. That is enough venting!

mDHJ94Q.gif?noredirect

In other news we finished the DND heist campaign and it was super fun! I am saaaad it is over!!

• Like 2

I forgot I actually do have fun things to share!  For my Zoom ballet with friends we have been dancing to pretty ballet piano versions of movie soundtrack songs and my friend was on point with theming the activity to the song this last time (and I was way too amused.) We did an allegro (lots of cute little jumps) to the cantina song from Star Wars, grande battements (big kicks haha) to the Superman theme, and we did evil calf burner releve reps (heel raises in fancy ballet speak) to the Rocky theme.

Also, the piano version they did of the Shire theme is SO PRETTY YOU GUYS.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

bruh..you are the one making this hard on yourself. Cats

Seriously, cats, get with the program!

17 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

I forgot I actually do have fun things to share!  For my Zoom ballet with friends we have been dancing to pretty ballet piano versions of movie soundtrack songs and my friend was on point with theming the activity to the song this last time (and I was way too amused.) We did an allegro (lots of cute little jumps) to the cantina song from Star Wars, grande battements (big kicks haha) to the Superman theme, and we did evil calf burner releve reps (heel raises in fancy ballet speak) to the Rocky theme.

Also, the piano version they did of the Shire theme is SO PRETTY YOU GUYS.

That sounds awesome! 

• Like 1

Today in more fun things.  I may have decided to order a Nintendo Switch Lite, ostensibly as a an early birthday present for myself since not like I will be going anywhere in the next month anyway, but also maybe a little bit because I was feeling mopey about our DND game being over. Lol. Whatever the reasoning I have few regrets other than it is going to be a loooong week-ish wait for it to ship to me. GIMME GIMME GIMMEEEEEE.  Naturally, the game and memory card I ordered are getting here BEFORE the actual console to further taunt me, though it looks like the console also just gave me a ship notice so maaaaybe it will be here before the 29th? Hoping!

Challenge-y stuff (not going to try to remember early in the week but pretty sure I did most everything except the home improvement things which I am officially changing to a "bonus goal" if I do them):

Challenge Update Week 2, Day 4 (Wednesday)

Goal 2 - Downtime? 0 out of 2 required downtime days per week.  I'm realizing this may not happen this week. Oops. Tonight (Thurs) was supposed to be free but my board meeting got pushed back a day from Weds. I will vow to be extra lazy on Saturday (But also we need groceries so...I don't know. Ugh.)

Goal 3 - Knee Rehab✔️ 4 out of 7 days so far.

BONUS Goal  - Home/Self Improvement -0 days so far.  I did spend a solid amount of time thinking about cleaning my wall to prep for painting yesterday if that counts. But I decided I wanted a proper storage bag for my sleeping bag which is kind of in the way on my high built in shelf I need to climb up to and I don't want to take it down from there until it has something to go in... so I ordered a big ass laundry bag that should be here tomorrow. THEN maybe I will clean that corner. OH. And I moved some books off that shelf and dusted them. So I guess I did a little? I'm not sure how minimum of stuff I want to count as a YAY I DID SOMETHING. 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Seriously, cats, get with the program!

If only we could like, talk sense into the wee fluffballs it would be so much easier hahahaha.

This post always rings so true:

dbb92f0d3c09dc855779279308716acd7e6c0664

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How work is going right now

giphy.gif

GAAAAAAH end of spring quarter. I was supposed to be off half day as of an hour ago but I had too many emails to send. FUN TIMESSSSSSSSSSSSS (totes going to go be lazy now though. And try not to do work on Monday since it's a holiday but also my email will probably explode so.....)

• Like 2

I decided to try online grocery shopping for pick up since being responsible for getting groceries on top of everything else was really stressing me out. I may have accidentally ordered $26 worth of tomatoes LOLOL. But otherwise it went well and was nice to not have to shop in person myself!

Yay Successful stress reduction!

also omfg so many tomatoes. 😂

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 3:16 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

I decided to try online grocery shopping for pick up since being responsible for getting groceries on top of everything else was really stressing me out. I may have accidentally ordered $26 worth of tomatoes LOLOL. But otherwise it went well and was nice to not have to shop in person myself!

LOL. How does one do that? I've seen a couple hilarious grocery errors, like delivering one green bean instead of 1 lb of green beans. $26 worth of tomatoes is.... wow. Maybe time to do some canning? 

Also totally agreed with the cat post about incompetent kings. :D Good luck to you and your kitty. 

17 hours ago, Manarelle said:

LOL. How does one do that? I've seen a couple hilarious grocery errors, like delivering one green bean instead of 1 lb of green beans. $26 worth of tomatoes is.... wow. Maybe time to do some canning? 

Also totally agreed with the cat post about incompetent kings. :D Good luck to you and your kitty. 

I clearly didn’t look closely at the unit value for each thing. For bananas it was one banana per item number added and I assumed that one was the same and uh... ended up with 9 lbs of tomatoes 😂

I probably would have caught it if I double checked the total before submitting buuuut yeah. At least I love tomatoes as do my house people? TOMATO EVERYTHING!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve tried to make up for my lazy about house stuff by doing a bunch this week. I’ve probably done about 3-4 hours of paint prep work this weekend. Scrubbed off all the walls,  brought up the ladder so I can tape off the edges between colors and the wood paneling and such.

I am also strategizing in my head how I am going to tackle the actual paint job/ where to start etc. I am thinking the wee flat/normal direction wall with the window is the logical starting spot since I should remove and move the brackets for the curtain (something I’ve been meaning to do) but I don’t want to go without having a curtain up (I need DARKNESSSSS to sleep. Lol). Vaulted ceilings make painting an interesting endeavor!

I have also visually confirmed I did not tape off along the center apex of the high vaulted ceiling last time. You can see that whoever painted along there was struggling and reaching above their head because the edge is MESSY.

I am also pretty sure I may not have taped off AT ALL?! when I did paint last time. That or I did a terrible job but I think more likely is I did a pretty decent job of NOT messing up the edge lines in spite of not taping haha.

• Like 2

I think I'm having flashbacks to taping edges and painting the entire house every time we moved when I was little. :) Never had to deal with vaulted ceilings, though. On the one hand, I get wanting to make it clean but ont he other hand, if you hadn't noticed it was messy in the however long you'd been there.... how important is it, really?