• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dancezwithkittehz

dancezwithkittehz is an overbooker

5 hours ago, Manarelle said:

I think I'm having flashbacks to taping edges and painting the entire house every time we moved when I was little. :) Never had to deal with vaulted ceilings, though. On the one hand, I get wanting to make it clean but ont he other hand, if you hadn't noticed it was messy in the however long you'd been there.... how important is it, really? 

Yeah true. I think it will go faster taped off so I am not obsessing over trying to make a perfect edge, but the top part along the highest part of the ceiling is just...going to be what it is. I'd have to get a taller ladder to reach it and I don't know that I want to do that. I can reach with a paintbrush on a stick if I'm near the top of the ladder we have, so I'm thinking that will have to work. My brother may be able to reach a bit better since he is like 6' 2" vs me being 5' buuuut I am also definitely the more detail obsessed and careful dexterity person of the two of us soooo I am thinking I should just do it. I don't think he'll be able to quite reach it either because it's HIGH. But also the paint I am using this time will be much more noticeable when I mess up. The piece of wood running along the center of the ceiling is a stained a dark reddish brown and last time I painted I was painting the room brick red, so it wasn't super obvious where we missed, buuut I am doing a light grey this time so yeah. Haha.

• Like 2

In other news MY SWITCH LITE IS SUPPOSED TO GET HERE TODAY YAAAAAAS. Happy early bday to meeeeee (by a month-ish. Haha, but hey.)

I also did some closet purging/organizing yesterday and realized I have like, 6 bathing suits and I have no idea if some of them still fit so trying all those on will be a thing. But also, like...I don't really want to go to the beach with COVID stuff and I don't have a pool so??  But for future reference I guess.  

I am also having a serious struggle deciding what of my weird sock collection to get rid of. I mean, no, I don't ever wear thigh high black and green striped socks but I still love them.... and I have so many weird arm warmers. I DID get rid of some stripey hot pink arm warmers and some lightweight gloves with FINGERS(why?! why do I have these? If I'm somewhere cold enough to need gloves with fingers they need to be heavier than these and 99% of the time when a light glove would work my fingerless mits and fingerless gloves are perfect.)

I also threw a too small for me now corset into the donation bin, but I am also thinking I have no idea if I should just find someone who wants a corset and can wear a 28" waist instead and give it to them. I feel like your average thrift store goer is going to be like "wut is this, so much lacing no". Like, I suppose if I were into tightlacing I might be able to get that on but also my hips are waaaaay wider than when I was 20 or whatever and got that. Even as I slim out that seems to continue to be the case? I guess that's a thing? Or it seems to be anyway? I'm kind of curious if that will change at some point but given that I'm around the least fluffy I have ever been but my hips and butt still need a size 10-12 I'm thinking no. Haha. But also I am pretty jacked at this point compared to when younger so that could be it too. POWER LEGSSSS. (Though I played soccer for like 11 years and have always had at least semi power-legs. And I started dancing not long after I stopped with the soccer, so once again POWER LEGSSSS.) Bodies are weird is my conclusion. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Bodies are weird is my conclusion.

This is valid for everyone, I think :)

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 2:08 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

Bodies are weird is my conclusion.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:36 PM, sylph said:

This is valid for everyone, I think :)

Concur. 

On 5/27/2020 at 2:08 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

I also threw a too small for me now corset into the donation bin, but I am also thinking I have no idea if I should just find someone who wants a corset and can wear a 28" waist instead and give it to them. I feel like your average thrift store goer is going to be like "wut is this, so much lacing no".

As someone who lived out of thrift stores, growing up, yes - the right person will find this and be OVER THE MOON at finding it. Even if it's just for a kids' dressup thing, that's still an amazing treasure to find. Ditto with the weird socks. :) I have so many fantastic memories of wearing wacky things from thrift stores and feeling fun when I was younger. 

• Like 1

Work is ridiculous and I am already mentally tapped out today but to attempt to update:

Challengey shit is mostly going well! I've been doing most of the things and heyyyyy gave myself lots of downtime this weekend. I hiked Saturday but otherwise I was in hermit downtime mode all weekend. My hike in spite of being a "thing to do" was really nice to get sun and moving around out of doors and nice to get some socially distanced social time with a friend, so I'm going to mostly count that day as downtime too. I started a rewatch of Great British Bake Off because I needed the positivity and happy calmyness and I already finished the first season (1st season they have on netflix which is not actually the first season but heyyyy I take what I can get.)

I cooked some tasty things and my brother made a TOMATO PIE WHICH WAS SO DELICIOUS OMG. Why is this not a popular thing in more places? (It's a southern thing I think?)  Also, I in general lament that USians just don't appreciate savory pies enough and I am determined to start making more. But maybe not until after summer since it's going to get too hot to bake soon. Sadness.

I just spent way too much $ ordering a new router in hopes that it will fix our WiFi woes (shitty signal in many parts of the house), as well as have ports that are working for the wired parts of our network since they were starting to die on us. I got one that is highly recommended for large houses/large range and also has capability to extend into wireless mesh network if we need to do that. Not looking forward to having to set it up but looking forward to MAYBE having wi fi reach my room? Having wi fi reach my living room that my Switch will pick up? Have the router not need to be restarted because the wi fi randomly dies sometime? I HOPE. Crossing fingers!!! Our old router is....I'm not exactly sure how old but at least 5 years and we definitely got one on the cheaper end of things last time.

• Like 1

Once we get into an actual house, we're going with a mesh network all the way. I'm nerdily excited to set it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sylph said:

Once we get into an actual house, we're going with a mesh network all the way. I'm nerdily excited to set it up.

I definitely thought about going pure mesh network but we already ran wiring through the house years back for wired connections as well as several computers that don't have wireless capability, so I decided middle ground of a really sweet normal router that comes with capability to expand into mesh was the way to go for us!

• Like 1

Last week was crazy between work and worrying about current state of unrest in US. I am bummed I don't feel I can go out and be protesting since I live with someone who is 70 with a lot of health conditions. I'm making a reading list plan and donations plan for probably ACLU and Campaign Zero. It doesn't feel like enough so I am going to keep thinking on that (which I guess is also really important to KEEP thinking about it and working on it.)

To update on the router, it is here and I successfully set up the new network and I GET WIFI IN MY BED NOW YESSSS. Not that I need to be able to watch stupid youtube videos in bed but I CAN NOW. True luxury!

On Challengey shit, I still got most things checked off in spite of major stress and burnout, so win? I also did actually do some house stuff, router (which wasn't on that first list I made but heyyyy definitely house improvement!) and I rehung my curtain rod and put up new curtains. I realized I needed to move the curtain rod and fill the holes from the old spot so that it will be ready so I can paint that wall.

I'm not working on an idea for what to do for the next challenge as well as trying to think up what the heck to do for my birthday which will be here in just a few weeks!

• Like 2

Oooooh, happy early birthday! That definitely should get some thought! :) Nice work on the wifi, now to resist lying in bed watching stupid youtube videos....

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 10:38 AM, Manarelle said:

Oooooh, happy early birthday! That definitely should get some thought! :) Nice work on the wifi, now to resist lying in bed watching stupid youtube videos....

OH I have definitely been spending some time lying in bed watching stupid youtube videos. Hahahaha. Cat videos IN BEDDDDD lol. The peak of luxury,

I have been super low energy all week and slacking on posting, but still doing the thing! Yay! I also think I've figure out two goals for next month:

1 - listen to music (and sing?) because apparently I forget to do that if I'm not commuting

2- set aside specific time to read anti-racism works. Maybe 3 days a week? I picked up White Fragility: Why It's So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism and I am realizing that hard important books are NOT a good right before bed reading option. I am too sleepy to really be able to give it a good read, so back to fun books for before bed and I need to pick a time I am awake for dedicated important reading stuff. 

Also on reading, I accidentally started reading a kind of disturbing post apocalypse book that I didn't realize was a post apocalypse disturbing read and I can definitively say that SUPRISE APOCALYPSE is not something I enjoy. I have a bunch of Kindle First Reads books that I haven't gotten around to reading and I just finished a book and need to find something to read. Should have read the synopsis before I started! But really, I don't want to read about sad dying animals even if they realistically would be a thing that would happen in an apocalypse type setting. And the characters were super unlikeable, so yeah, won't be going back to read that one.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

1 - listen to music (and sing?) because apparently I forget to do that if I'm not commuting

I am with you on this! Just listened (and sang along with) Secret Garden and Les Miserables (in two languages) this week because I realized I haven't been singing at all and that's not cool. Went looking for more musicals to learn to sing... looked up Hamilton, because I've heard great things about it. I'm conflicted because the visuals, the story, and the actors are awesome, but it's hiphop/ rap, and that doesn't fulfill my "sing" requirement. Marked it as something to watch later, but not a sing-along type piece, alas. 

20 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Also on reading, I accidentally started reading a kind of disturbing post apocalypse book that I didn't realize was a post apocalypse disturbing read and I can definitively say that SUPRISE APOCALYPSE is not something I enjoy. I have a bunch of Kindle First Reads books that I haven't gotten around to reading and I just finished a book and need to find something to read. Should have read the synopsis before I started! But really, I don't want to read about sad dying animals even if they realistically would be a thing that would happen in an apocalypse type setting. And the characters were super unlikeable, so yeah, won't be going back to read that one.

Oof, yeah, that's a horrible surprise right before bed. 

6 hours ago, Manarelle said:

I'm conflicted because the visuals, the story, and the actors are awesome, but it's hiphop/ rap, and that doesn't fulfill my "sing" requirement. Marked it as something to watch later, but not a sing-along type piece, alas.

Yeah I think "Satisfied" and some of those other songs by the ladies are the only ones that aren't rap. I LOVE "Satisfied" so much though and Renee Elise Goldsberry is SO AMAZE.

6 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Oof, yeah, that's a horrible surprise right before bed. 

And yeaaah. Definitely a good reminder to review the book overview and know what I am reading before I start lol. I chatted with starsapart to get some book ideas so I have some things!

I also bought an anthology of Agatha Christie since I like super readable mysteries and a lot of people say she's good for that. (I've read a hoard of the Sue Grafton books because I had a ton of them second hand from my grandma, but never tried Agatha Christie. Also I've actually met Sue Grafton's husband through work but had no idea at the time lol.)

More on next challenge,  I'm also thinking about maybe doing a creative shit related goal. Writing? Choreography? Work on learning an instrument? I dunno. Summer is slower at work so I have more free brain available in my off hours so it's the time to do that kind of stuff and actually have the spoons for it! I also hesitate to make a creativity goal because if I get stressed or have any anxiety issues those are the first things to become impossible for me. Hrm.

I also actually have birthday plans now!  I get to see friends in person for a socially distanced pool party! I think we're mostly going to bring our own food and drinks and we're going to hang out at my friends backyard 6+ feet away from eachother. I still wish I could actually like, hug my friends because I MISS HUGS but it will be so nice to see some friends in person a bit at least.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2020 at 3:01 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

I also actually have birthday plans now!  I get to see friends in person for a socially distanced pool party! I think we're mostly going to bring our own food and drinks and we're going to hang out at my friends backyard 6+ feet away from eachother. I still wish I could actually like, hug my friends because I MISS HUGS but it will be so nice to see some friends in person a bit at least.

Woo! Yay for birthday plans, even if they are responsible and stuff. Hugs are pretty awesome, but having face-to-face chat time is nice, too. 

New challenge posted! I am starting right nowwww since I am planning to do a cut for the next 10 days leading up to my birthday (so I guess most of that challenge will be done before the actual challenge starts due to timing but whatever!)

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116748-dancezwithkittehz-birthdaaaay-shred-because-why-not/

• Like 3