• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tobbe

Tobbe kills zombies

2 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

But TBH I'll probably buy that no matter what, and probably before this challenge is over.

LOL this is my problems with rewards! 

• Haha 1

Completed the first chapter of Flexbox Zombies today 🏹 10 SEK 💰

This is what the exercises look like

flexzombies_ch1.thumb.png.8e7ee5b9d4ecedb25b016bb9151ccf1d.png

Also went for a walk, 40+ minutes, 10 SEK

Spent a like 20 minutes cleaning up in our house extension after my flooring work. Mostly to be able to say I did *something* out there today.

Too late I started doing the assessment for the handstand program, to see what level I should start working out at. Looks like it'll be level 3... Wall slides were much harder than I remember from last time I tried. I also need more practice doing hollow body rocks. I'll count the assessment as a workout, so 5 SEK more! :) 

• Like 1

Just realized Eminem released a new album at the beginning of the year. I don't love all of it, but the intro track is pretty epic as far as intro tracks goes.

image.png.abe70ea6c3542cc542553d1649f9096e.png

Album link: https://open.spotify.com/album/4otkd9As6YaxxEkIjXPiZ6?si=FM3L1_3ORRCVB13JXDocEQ

Intro track link: https://open.spotify.com/track/7ccTcabbJlCJiIqtrSSwBk?si=rmA3BJuWQK-31KRtAtNbgA

"Stepdad - Intro" and "Stepdad", in that order (obv) are good too

• That's Metal 1

Haha I did not recognize Eminem without the bleached hair 😂(And no please don't tell me for how long he's looked like this. 😛)

Flexbox zombies looks like a super cute way of learning, maybe I'll even take a look too.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Haha I did not recognize Eminem without the bleached hair 😂(And no please don't tell me for how long he's looked like this. 😛)

I know, right?! He's so proper looking!

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Flexbox zombies looks like a super cute way of learning, maybe I'll even take a look too.

I'll share my progress and my thoughts, so you can know if it's something you might find useful or not

My laptop charger died, and I'm out of power, so I'm writing this update on my phone. 

🚶Went on a 15 minute walk today, getting my daughter to sleep in her stroller. Later in the afternoon we went on a bike ride for well over an hour. 15 minutes waking and at least 65 minutes biking is 20 SEK. 

🏊 Along our bike ride we stopped at the lake where I went for a short swim. Freezing cold today. Even had to put a hat on. As we got on our bikes after the swim it started raining 🌧️

Since I don't have a computer right now, I haven't done any more flexbox zombies. And to be honest I've been super tired this afternoon, so I haven't done much of anything. I did vacuum our new floor and put the rug on it that we bought ages ago and have just kept rolled up and stored away. When my wife got home and saw that she was very happy to finally be able to see how it would look on the floor and with the color on the walls. So that's a small win for the day 😀

The plan was to also get a proper workout in, but, as I said - too tired 😦 Haven't even checked what today's Daily Dare is. Going to go do that now. Hopefully it's something easy so that I can check that off ✔️

Hopefully I can sleep a little longer tomorrow so that I have more energy in the evening. 

I did get to sleep in a bit this morning. Got up at 9 instead of 6 as I usually do. Worked 10 - 1, did some grocery shopping and had lunch. Then I worked another hour. So only got 4 hours of work done today. Will have to make up for that this coming weekend. At 4 my mom showed up and helped me get some work done on the house, in preparation for more flooring. We worked from 4 to 9 with an hour dinner break. And now I'm exhausted. No walk today, no formal exercise except for the Daily Dare. And no outdoor stuff. And today again no Flexbox Zombies :(  This challenge isn't off to a very good start :(  It's 11:30 now, and tomorrow I need to get up at 6 again to get the boys off to school. 

image.thumb.png.b8f852277000b09d95bdda14be4efbf5.png

Completed Chapter 2 this morning. 22 levels, but only took like 10 minutes. I suspect this will get much more difficult as I progress, but so far, so good :) 

I got an email from Isabel Foxen Duke this evening. It's been a while since last. Had forgotten all about her. But the mails she does send are often pretty good. And I liked this one too

It still counts as broccoli...when you eat it in Macaroni and Cheese.

Before dieting and thinness became the primary determinant of “healthy eating” in our culture, o?ih=P_P_s_UVZ_ru_6yeJ0_Nwo_6i7BtV_vHNklwellness professionals were primarily focused on making sure people got enough & plenty of health-promoting foods—rather than focusing on the removal of “unhealthy” foods. 

In other words, up until “Diet Culture” came around, nutrition was largely focused on what people should be including or adding into their lives for health, rather than focusing on what people should avoid or take out. 

If there’s anything I’ve personally learned about nutrition while in recovery from diet-binge cycling, it’s that a strong focus on food-avoidance comes with a long list of side effects—like diet-binge cycling, disordered eating, "feeling crazy around food," etc. 

After all, we are a species that has evolved over millions of years to seek food, rather than avoid it. Spending all of our health-related efforts trying to fight our primary urges is bound to have some negative consequences on our psyche and general well-being.

On the flip side, focusing on adding in health-promoting foods brings many of the same health benefits that people in our culture typically seek through the pursuit of food-avoidance…without the unintended physical and psychological consequences (e.g. diet-binge cycling, potential malnourishment, etc.)

I'm amazed at what happens for my clients (especially those dealing with nutrition-related illnesses like diabetes) just from making this one simple change in how they approach “health,”

that is, just from shifting their focus from “taking out” foods they deem problematic, to “adding in” foods that will have a positive impact on their health and well-being.  

Moving your body, getting lots of fiber/protein, eating regular meals, etc., are all things you can ADD into your life to help manage blood sugar, for instance, without actively restricting anything. 

If you missed it, I talk about this at length with podcaster Talia Pollack in this podcast interview I gave about the benefits of pursuing weight-neutral health practices.

Quick line from this interview: 

“It still counts as broccoli...when you eat it in Macaroni and Cheese.”

A while ago I watched a short interview with a Swedish food historian. He mentioned the Swedish Sweden phenomenon "pizza salad", which is basically shredded cabbage in oil and vinegar, that is served as a side to pizzas here. It's a really weird combo, that according to him only exists here. And the reason is that when pizzas became a thing here in Sweden, in the early 1970s, we thought they were kind of unhealthy. So what do we do to make it healthier? We add salad to it.

And that's exactly what Isabel says above when she talks about adding healthy stuff, instead of removing "unhealthy" things.

• Like 2

Every day I set an intention to take a break during work to go for a walk or something. Today I had planed to do a workout in the afternoon. But it seems I never get around to it. I get stuck working or doing other things in front of the computer, and before I know it the day has passed and it's time to make dinner... And that means I have to cram everything together in the evening. I'd prefer to spread it out a bit instead. But at least I got a bunch of things done, even if I had to do them all after work.

But, as I posted earlier, it all started pretty great this morning with doing a full chapter of Flexbox Zombies. 10 SEK 💰

For lunch I had two things I got in my mystery food box from last challenge, that I had never tried before. And I really liked both of them.

20200514_115855.jpg.5d568d1f75a755b07552723c5090bbe6.jpg

It's interesting how much English we use in our product packaging. I guess most of you can figure out what's in the red package. It's a pourable marinade specifically made for vegetables. There are four different flavor profiles IIRC, I got the one that's made to go well with bell peppers. Reading the ingredients it's mostly oil, paprika and chili. But there's also an ingredient I had never heard of before, blue melilot. Apparently similar to fenugreek in flavor. There is also regular fenugreek in the marinade. There's also coriander, ginger, cumin, turmeric, smoked salt, and more. It was pretty spicy, and I liked it a lot.

The other thing is probably more difficult for you to guess. It's oat rice. 100% oats, but looks like rice. Great taste and texture.

We mixed the two and made stuffed bell peppers.

1048707561_20200514_130405(1).jpg.a56649ce371258a7645203200db37276.jpg

(We made one with the oat rice, and one with quinoa.) There's also red union, sliced olives and feta cheese in there. Great lunch that I'd gladly make again and even serve friends if/when we have anyone over.

After dinner and cleaning up in the kitchen it was already 8 pm, and I had a bunch of challenge goals I wanted to meet today. So my wife and I went for a walk for 40 minutes (10 SEK 💰). When I got back I measured out some wall studs, to keep that daily momentum on the house renovation/extension going. Straight from that to doing a workout.

For the first time ever I did the full flexibility workout. I've only ever done the warmup before.

1 - 3 Warm-up: Everything is getting easier and easier. I like that. Really felt that "down"-intention in the cossack squats. That was really nice

4 Long Lounge: I liked how this exercise felt. But finding balance was tricky. Had to assist a little bit by holding on to a jump box.

5 Pigeon Pose: I've tried this before and I know I struggle with this one. My knees tend to hurt. and I can't get the foot of the bent leg out very much to the side. The heel is pretty much right up in my thigh. But I can get my forehead down to the floor.

6 Deep Step Up: Not sure if I did these right, but I flipped my jump box over to its lowest side (35 cm) and placed my left foot on that. And then I kneeled down on my right knee. Rising back up again I did have to push my right foot pretty firmly in to the ground and help with my right leg in rising up. Ideally I would like to work towards being able to get up on my left foot without using my right leg or foot at all.

7 Half Frog Stretch: Easy to perform, difficult to master. Watching videos on youtube I saw people touching the floor with the foot of the bent leg outside of their hips. I can barely pull my foot up enough to touch my ass.

8 Horse Stance 🐴 I did this one without going up to a wall. But I could feel the stretch I was going for without the wall. I really can't open up my legs far at all. I didn't get much past 90deg between my legs. Ideally I'd want to get as close to 180 deg as possible.

After all that I did some handstand work and managed to level up a few levels 💪 My hollow body rock isn't perfect, but I'll let that slip for now, and just continue working on it alongside the other exercises. 

Also did the Daily Dare, which was shoulder presses

💰

1 SEK, warmup

10 SEK, main routine

5 SEK, handstand practice

I also completed another chapter of Flexbox Zombies (10 SEK 💰) Now I'm much more comfortable working with `justify-content` and `align-items`

I wanted to share a little story yesterday, but I was too tired to write it out. So I'll do it now instead.

When I was deep in my eating disorder I bought a jump box for working out at home (I also worked out at a gym, but in my orthorexic mindset I could never exercise enough). It has three sides, 35 cm, 45 cm and 55 cm.

image.png.daad439b6de92029ec0ce4ff7127f058.png

When I got it my ED had made me lose all fat on my body, and it had started cannibalizing on its own muscle. In particular my thighs were pretty much the size of a normal persons calves. So after putting it together and looking at it for the first time, I turned it on to its lowest side, 35 cm, and just looked at it. There was no way I would be able to jump that high. After some time and practice I got up on it. And I think I eventually even managed to flip it to its 45 cm side and jump up on that as well. 

After that, when I finally managed to properly start my healing process I put the box away and stopped exercising. 

Yesterday I got the box out again for the first time in probably a year. Flipped it on its tallest side, 55 cm, and easily just jumped up on it without hesitation. Realizing what I had just done I was so happy I just started laughing. That was an awesome moment!

Recovery wins like these make me so happy and appreciative of my own body ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

5 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Yesterday I got the box out again for the first time in probably a year. Flipped it on its tallest side, 55 cm, and easily just jumped up on it without hesitation. Realizing what I had just done I was so happy I just started laughing. That was an awesome moment!

Victory!

• Like 1

I thought I had followed already... following now!

We made stuffed bell peppers the other day too! I eat them with yoghurt. Mmmm :)

Awesome goals! And that crow pose and HS! And the Zombie slaying! And the body appreciation! Giving me liiiife! So cool. Keep on keeping on/being you (the you that takes care of Tobbe) 💪

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Victory!

A victory for sure! It's difficult to explain how happy that feat made me feel. I'm much heavier now, but also much stronger. Without even lifting any weights. :mind_blown:

7 hours ago, analoggirl said:

I thought I had followed already... following now!

👋 Thanks for following along

We made stuffed bell peppers the other day too! I eat them with yoghurt. Mmmm :)

I could totally see stuffed bell peppers with a more Greek themed filling being delicious with yogurt on the side! Or a Russian themed filling and some smetana on the side (*cough*scalyfreak*cough*)

Awesome goals! And that crow pose and HS! And the Zombie slaying! And the body appreciation! Giving me liiiife! So cool. Keep on keeping on/being you (the you that takes care of Tobbe) 💪

Yeah, I'm having fun with the goals. I haven't been keeping 100% track of how my week is going. I'm focusing on one day at a time, so I'm looking forward to this weekend where I plan on doing a summary of the week. See how I did with all my goals :) 

• Like 1

I sat in my office, looking out the windows this morning, thinking I wanted to go out for a walk. But before I managed to turn that thought in to action the sky turned gray and it started raining. As I sat there watching the rain hit the windows the weather flipped. It stopped raining and the sun broke through the clouds. So I quickly got out for a walk. Since the sun was out I put my swim shorts on and walked to another lake, one that I have never swam in before.

20200515_115046.jpg.78a00154c6700bd39d924e3c1e37db54.jpg

(Hey! Get out of my shot, birch tree!)

Took 30 minutes to walk there and back again (5 SEK 💰). Perfect little break from work.

I just now finished another chapter of Flexbox Zombies (10 SEK 💰), so tomorrow I'm doing this one

image.png.aaad9e9e62e647f59f8a2158f3e3969e.png

I'm too tired to finish this post. Will continue tomorrow

• Like 1

Finalizing yesterday's update.

In the evening I fitted a wall stud. My plan was to finish the framing this weekend, but I need to be outside to cut everything, and the weather isn't in my favor, so we'll see...

Friday's NF Prime #daily-win opportunity was to do something special for, or with, someone you're quarantining with. I decided to bake cookie for my wife, that we then could enjoy in front of a good movie when the kids had gone to bed.

20200515_214528.jpg.d7cc8ec55a1323ddd579afc640219600.jpg

Made Apple butter oatmeal cookies.

To make the cookies I first had to make apple butter. We had apples that we needed to use, and I had never made apple butter before, so that was something I wanted to try.

I served the cookies with vanilla ice cream with extra apple butter on top.

20200515_214854.jpg.bc220401195cbd72e3e5c3bfd3f391d7.jpg

We ate that while watching The Half of It

Cute movie. But I'm too old for movies like that. Would have enjoyed it more 10 or 20 years ago 😛 

• Like 2

Today's been a pretty slow day. Which has been nice. I got my walk in, 20 minutes (5 SEK 💰), and I got some wall studs in place. Finished a level of Flexbox Zombies, as I wrote above (10 SEK 💰). And then finished another later in the evening (10 SEK more 💰). It's definitely getting more difficult now. Had to use the "Hint"-button a few times. And even google the name of a setting once. But the game is pretty good at having you repeat old things you've learnt. So I'll probably get plenty of opportunities to practice this again going forward. So by the end of it I'm sure I will have learnt it.

Tomorrow my goal is to get a workout in. The rest of the family is going to my wife's parents' place so I'll be home alone. 

I'm writing this down, just to get some extra accountability; I'm going to do the workout before lunch tomorrow.

• Like 1

Proper workout completed before lunch 💪 Ended the workout with some handstand practice, and got my first ever feel of actually balancing on my hands. Made me super happy, so after lunch I got my camera set up, and tried again.

So here's my second time ever balancing on my hands without any support 🍌

• Like 2

image.png.3f4b56a642a510c603d5f31a1a7f1270.png

Finished chapter 7, but I got to say this one was a bit annoying. I got the wanted outcome, but didn't use the exact settings the game wanted, and thus I didn't pass the level. When there are multiple ways to do something I think all should be valid solutions to a level. Ohh, well. Now it's done.

On 5/15/2020 at 1:32 AM, Tobbe said:

7 Half Frog Stretch: Easy to perform, difficult to master. Watching videos on youtube I saw people touching the floor with the foot of the bent leg outside of their hips. I can barely pull my foot up enough to touch my ass.

I'm not sure what you mean, but the bent knee should make a 90 degree angle. If you look at the pose from the side the knee and hip joint should be in one line on both side. Your crotch will be off of the floor. Keep your straight leg quads super tight and squeeze that side butt.

Congrats on the box jumps and handstands! Those are both huuuuge accomplishments! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm not sure what you mean, but the bent knee should make a 90 degree angle. If you look at the pose from the side the knee and hip joint should be in one line on both side. Your crotch will be off of the floor. Keep your straight leg quads super tight and squeeze that side butt.

half_frog.jpg.802227fbee972af3445194a25eed8d12.jpg

16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Congrats on the box jumps and handstands! Those are both huuuuge accomplishments! 

Thank you, I'm so happy about them!

I feel like I've been doing pretty good, so I'm looking forward to summarize this week 🤑

💰 Summary Week One

🏹 7 x 10 = 70 SEK

🤸‍♂️ 3 x 5 = 15 SEK

🐴 2 x 1 + 2 x 10 = 22 SEK

📝 7 x 1 = 7 SEK

🔨 0

2 x swim = 20 SEK
🚶‍♂️ 40 min + 80 min + 40 min + 30 min + 20 min + 20 min = 55 SEK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh no my bad, that’s not at all what I had in mind. This is the one.

image.jpeg.b0f89686bd32b85e8ccc7121b33d1508.jpeg

Thanks, I'll try that next time