• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SkyGirl

Ye Moderately Olde Ranger Guildhall: General Chat

Cheetah saunters in and meanders over to the bar.  He picks up an Arnold Palmer and finds a comfortable chair near a window, and sits down to enjoy the sun and the breeze coming in.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Cheetah saunters in and meanders over to the bar.  He picks up an Arnold Palmer and finds a comfortable chair near a window, and sits down to enjoy the sun and the breeze coming in.

Several people inquire diligently about whether or not the man with the Arnold Palmer has any hats.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Then what's in the bag?

Cheetah smiles.  There is a twinkle in his eye that makes you feel both curious and uneasy.

Oh, you know.  Just some herbs and things that I've picked up along the way.  I actually thought that later, when it's not busy you know, I might borrow a corner of the kitchen here and see if I can whip up a little something.  Bit of a culinarily adventure, you might say.  

Cheetah relaxes back into his chair, clearly confident that his answer has been complete and satisfactory.

• Like 3

As the barkeep looks out the window he sees someone approaching...

Tired Boring GIF - Tired Boring PolarBear - Discover & Share GIFs

Hey guys...

Sleepy Hi GIF - Sleepy Hi Wave - Discover & Share GIFs

I'm a bit, well, by the lack of a better word, tired ...

Bored GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | Frajola desenho, Personagens ...

Seems like the side-effects of the plague is catching up with me, not on a physical level, but more on a social level.

As the small and sturdy person walks into the guildhall, he nods to the barkeep as he passes him, raises his hand as means of greeting the others who notice his entering. He walks towards a quiet corner, lays a hand on @iatetheyeti shoulder and with a slight tilting of his head asks permission to come and silently sit with her in the nice and cozy quiet corner...

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

As the small and sturdy person walks into the guildhall, he nods to the barkeep as he passes him, raises his hand as means of greeting the others who notice his entering. He walks towards a quiet corner, lays a hand on @iatetheyeti shoulder and with a slight tilting of his head asks permission to come and silently sit with her in the nice and cozy quiet corner...

The silent Ranger nods and draws out a chair, welcoming the company of a good friend. 

• Thanks 1

Cheetah slips quietly out of his chair and glides quietly through the shadowy side of the room to the kitchen door.  As he dissapears through it you can just hear him saying something about "the largest cauldron you've got!"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Cheetah slips quietly out of his chair and glides quietly through the shadowy side of the room to the kitchen door.  As he dissapears through it you can just hear him saying something about "the largest cauldron you've got!"

Loire is suspicious of Cheetah. Very suspicious.  Especially given his absence of hats.  She makes a quick mental note of all this suspicion before going back to her bourbon and playing Dissidia on her iPad..............

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

cheetah gifs Page 5 | WiffleGif

Гифка nat geo wild big cat week african cats гиф картинка, скачать ...

• Like 1

EG , hearing that Cheetah has exciting plans , returns to the Ranger Hall. She heads straight to the kitchen, and seeing Cheetah in there, she exclaims "This looks cool! This place has been boring for way too long. How can I help?"

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

EG , hearing that Cheetah has exciting plans , returns to the Ranger Hall. She heads straight to the kitchen, and seeing Cheetah in there, she exclaims "This looks cool! This place has been boring for way too long. How can I help?"

You find Cheetah in the very back of the kitchen, in a large alcove which is dominated by an immense cauldron, about 6 feet in diameter.  He is watching intently as water is pouring down from overhead taps.  He drops a thermometer into the water and pulls it back out after a minute.

"That's about right.  Good.  Oh, hello Elastigirl!  Of course you're welcome to help.  It happens I've got some rather delicate preparation to make with these ingredients."

He sets is bag on the counter that runs along one wall of the alcove and begins to pull out an interesting variety of fairly common ingredients.  There's onion and garlic, ginger and horseradish, There are peppers in several different sizes, some of them in colors so bright you feel they must be warning you of imminent danger.

"Those we just need processed like you would for a soup, the finer the better.  This one, however, is a bit more ticklish..."

Cheetah reaches into the bag and carefully removes an object that is reddish-brown, roundish and wrinkly.  It smells of fresh meat and broken dreams.  Cheetah then pulls out a flat rectangle of metal in a wooden frame with many sharp perforations.

"I'm told that this is called a Rámalóce ranco latta in the language of people who have names for such things.  It is extremely potent, and the entire object must be used, which is why I need a very, very large pot.  It's also supposed to be difficult to break down for stewing, but happily the fellow I acquired it from also had this Mithril Cheese Grater."

Cheetah grabs a large bowl from under the counter, sets the Mithril Cheese Grater across the top of it, and begins to enthusiastically grate the object into fine shreds that give off a faint wisp of smoke.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

You find Cheetah in the very back of the kitchen, in a large alcove which is dominated by an immense cauldron, about 6 feet in diameter.  He is watching intently as water is pouring down from overhead taps.  He drops a thermometer into the water and pulls it back out after a minute.

"That's about right.  Good.  Oh, hello Elastigirl!  Of course you're welcome to help.  It happens I've got some rather delicate preparation to make with these ingredients."

He sets is bag on the counter that runs along one wall of the alcove and begins to pull out an interesting variety of fairly common ingredients.  There's onion and garlic, ginger and horseradish, There are peppers in several different sizes, some of them in colors so bright you feel they must be warning you of imminent danger.

"Those we just need processed like you would for a soup, the finer the better.  This one, however, is a bit more ticklish..."

Cheetah reaches into the bag and carefully removes an object that is reddish-brown, roundish and wrinkly.  It smells of fresh meat and broken dreams.  Cheetah then pulls out a flat rectangle of metal in a wooden frame with many sharp perforations.

"I'm told that this is called a Rámalóce ranco latta in the language of people who have names for such things.  It is extremely potent, and the entire object must be used, which is why I need a very, very large pot.  It's also supposed to be difficult to break down for stewing, but happily the fellow I acquired it from also had this Mithril Cheese Grater."

Cheetah grabs a large bowl from under the counter, sets the Mithril Cheese Grater across the top of it, and begins to enthusiastically grate the object into fine shreds that give off a faint wisp of smoke.

The Chaplain, pretending to be distrustful and disdainful of Cheetah's activities, surreptitiously sets a bottle of the ArchChancellor's Wow-Wow sauce by the cauldron. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The Chaplain, pretending to be distrustful and disdainful of Cheetah's activities, surreptitiously sets a bottle of the ArchChancellor's Wow-Wow sauce by the cauldron. 

Loire literally cannot NOT be interested in something with the name WOW-WOW SAUCE, and so she finds herself seated in the corner of the kitchen, watching with wide eyes as Cheetah concocts his strange Eldritch madness.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, loire said:

Loire literally cannot NOT be interested in something with the name WOW-WOW SAUCE, and so she finds herself seated in the corner of the kitchen, watching with wide eyes as Cheetah concocts his strange Eldritch madness.

https://discworld.fandom.com/wiki/Wow-Wow_Sauce

• Like 2

Cheetah notices the bottle of Wow-Wow sauce.  He looks puzzled for a moment, and pulls an ancient-looking bit of parchment from his bag.

"Hmm, the recipe doesn't call for this.  It's tempting, but I'd better not.  Still, gift horse and all..."

Cheetah slips the bottle of sauce into his bag, and goes back to his grating.  In a few more minutes, he's finished.  He turns back to the cauldron, which is now three-quarters full of slightly steaming water.  He checks the temperature again and finds it to his liking.  He picks up the bowl of grated Rámalóce ranco latta and dumps it in.  He then tosses in all of the other ingredients, gives the pot a quick stir with a large paddle, and pulls the parchment out again.

"Well, here goes.  I'd stand back if I were you."

Cheetah begins to wave his arms and chant.

O spirite de vânt și pământ

Binecuvântați acest

rámalóce ranco latta

La viața noastră de durată

Fie ca să locuiască în noi

Pentru cât mai multe luni

După cum vor trăi minusculii noștri dușmani

• Like 5

16 hours ago, loire said:

giphy.gif

Loire is suddenly less interested than she was before.

Might as well be "Surströmming"

13 hours ago, Cheetah said:

"Well, here goes.  I'd stand back if I were you."

Cheetah begins to wave his arms and chant.

O spirite de vânt și pământ

Binecuvântați acest

rámalóce ranco latta

La viața noastră de durată

Fie ca să locuiască în noi

Pentru cât mai multe luni

După cum vor trăi minusculii noștri dușmani

The short, stocky and very curious Mr_Willes sneaks out of his quiet corner, jumps up to the kitchen door and is just able to grab it's round window, pulls up to has a looksy at why is everyone is in there all of a sudden...

Spoiler

Gluren Foto's, Afbeeldingen En Stock Fotografie - 123RF

... only to realized he grabbed the wrong window and has a great view of the outside of the Guildhall

Grumpy Dwarf GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

Suspicious at the long, eerie silence that has fallen over the kitchen since @Cheetah's disappearance, the small ranger sets aside her London Fog latte and gets up to go make sure everything is all right.

When she opens the door, she immediately realizes that things are, in fact, not all right. Not at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The odor wafting through the kitchen is both wonderful and horrible at the same time.  It smells very hot and very sweet, thrilling and deadly, and it sends a shiver up your spine.  There is a faint vapour collecting in the corners that shimmers, seductive and alarming.  The vapour seems to be emanating from the very large cauldron in the back of the kitchen.  A long table has been set up with one end next to the cauldron.  You can see Cheetah, @Elastigirl, and @Mr_Willes working at the table in a line.  There are a large number of empty glass quart bottles on the table.  Cheetah is carefully filling them, one at a time, with a ladle from the cauldron.  He passes the bottles to EG, who taps a cork in with a mallet.  She passes them to Willes, who sticks on a brown label covered in fancy writing.  The label exclaims, "DR. CHEETAH'S OLD TYME DRAGON OIL REMEDY"  It also makes many smaller declarations, such as "Good for all that ails you!"  "A Dram a Day will Do It!"  "Protects Against Viral Pandemics!"  "Puts Hair on Your Chest, Or Takes it Off AS NEEDED!"

In small print in the bottom corner the label whispers quietly, almost as an after-thought, "Only 10 Gold!  A real bargain!"

The liquid in the bottle reminds you of a sunset after an extremely violent storm has suddenly passed, with hints of rainbows leaping among clouds that are swollen and bruised.  The color is definitely gold, but as soon as you decide that, it's blue, for just a moment, then it's gold again.  It's like staring into the sun, and there are flecks of scintillating colors that shift and dance hypnotically, whispering a beautiful warning.   

You may or may not notice that there are already a dozen crates of full bottles stacked against the wall.

Cheetah smiles broadly and winks at you.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

She passes them to Willes, who sticks on a brown label covered in fancy writing. 

"Only 10 Gold!  A real bargain!"

A goblin grin comes to his face as Mr_Willes can just imagine himself diving into his warehouse of goldcoins, Scrooge McDuck style.

• Like 2