• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Red1263

Red1263 Dares the Silent Statue

Last we left Red1263, he was trapped in the town of Ronavi and off to investigate a statue that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. 

4.png.16f471f7f9504778a0941c242c8effaf.png

Upon finding a crowd, Red1263 stood by to see a statue of a woman wearing minimal clothing, standing in a confident, if not hostile pose, she stood erect on a pedestal. Underneath her were the words, 'I Dare You' Her hair glowed the same color as the Dome, and when Red1263 got closer and closer, he could sense some kind of magical energy coming from her. It's subtle but it's there. Red1263 stood for hours trying to figure out what was the statue trying to do. 'Is it a generator? No, the magic coming from it isn't strong enough. Is it draining something? No, that's not it either. So what could it be?' Red1263 thought to himself. Then he heard the people start to murmur as the sun went down, "I heard that she can cure anything!" "Who said that? That's not possible!" "I heard she's a beautiful maiden who lost her voice!" "I heard her sing!" "Sing? She's a statue!" "What does 'I Dare You' mean?" "I don't know, I don't think anyone knows." "I heard that in the morning voices can be heard coming from her." "In the morning? I heard it was in the evening." Red1263 listened as much as he could, and when the crowd left, it was evening and he was by himself.

5.png.25e106368f2eadd7ca7b6dccbcaf2873.png

Red1263 went to bed but arose early to see the statue before the crowd comes. He stood there looking at the statue, staring intently seeing, sensing, his eyes sharp for the slightest change in mood and.... Nothing! Nothing has happened, it's been 2 hours and nothing changed! "Pffft, what a waste! Last time I listen to a bunch of rumors from random people." Just as he walks away, he hears something in the air, it's soft but it's there.

6.png.b17d33594848676df645ac4e4cb99fe5.png

Once the initial shock wears off, Red1263 inspects the statue closer, and he notices that the statue woman does not have a mouth. He then hears it again.

7.png.0964ef21d5a99bbfbf8911d41ad4e241.png

"It... It really-- She really does sing! What does this mean? Who are you?" As soon as he said it, Red1263 realizes that he's talking to a statue still. "... Right... OK So, you sing... without words... or a voice... or a mouth... And your sign says, 'I Dare You' ... Hmm..." Red1263 ponders and thinking outloud he asks, "How do you sing without a voice?" Upon finishing that question, the statue's hands raise up and they move... Not move, they gesture!

9.png.85621c7af48185b6a6d952f96ac78dde.png

She keeps repeating the same gesture, but pauses with each repetition, almost as if waiting for something. "Wait! Do I have to copy you? What does that mean? Well, I guess I'll try it and see what happens."

1. Chiseled - So now, I'm having more and more energy after work, so I'm planning on putting that to good use! I'm going to start implementing exercise every hour. Like how I did previously. I'll start with small sets seeing as to how it's been a while since I've done these. But the main exercise I want to emphasize are planks! So I have a plank goal!
    1. Plank Goal: 3 sets of 1 minute
  2. Better mornings: When I wake up, I find that I waste a lot of time on social media, when I could be using that time much more wisely! So I am going to read the daily Bible readings and a page from my Daily Stoic Book! The plan is to read these before I leave for work. So that I don't waste the time I have when no one else is around.
  3. I Dare You: So in my last thread, I was planning on learning something new, so the idea of learning ASL came up and thanks to @WhiteGhost and democracy, I'll be learning how to sign the Kelly Clarkson song, I Dare You. 

8.png.fc7e2cfe8797d4e0f0cc7a0d646ea435.png

• Like 5

Here to learn more than just that one bad sign we both already know :) 

I have to give credit to @fleaball for the song, though.  She is the one who introduced it to me.

• Like 4

Following because, at this point we're inseparable right?  Awesome plan.   And I am going to try and do the song too.   But I gotta see if it flusters me or gets me motivated. :D

• Like 2

Following because - a magical singing statue that signs?? Amazing pixel art?? Super sweet goals?? Heck yeah!!  :D 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here to learn more than just that one bad sign we both already know :) 

I have to give credit to @fleaball for the song, though.  She is the one who introduced it to me.

Ha ha ha! Glad to have you here!

And I will have to thank her properly then!

14 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I will never tire of this narrative or sweet, sweet pixel art.

I might have to make you some pixel art or a character, at least!

13 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Following for the sweet, sweet pixel art and just general awesomeness. :)

Ha ha ha, That general awesomeness comes from you!

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Following because, at this point we're inseparable right?  Awesome plan.   And I am going to try and do the song too.   But I gotta see if it flusters me or gets me motivated. :D

Oh, Puck, I wouldn't have it any other way... errr except for hockey! You're on your own for that one :P In honor of May the Fourth be with you, and Revenge of the Fifth and Sixth,

The day, in honor of - Album on Imgur

You can do it! I'll be right here with you! Because... We're inseparable!

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following because I don't need a reason.

giphy.gif

Cartman I Do What I Want GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

Following because - a magical singing statue that signs?? Amazing pixel art?? Super sweet goals?? Heck yeah!!  :D 

And as always, I'm glad to have you here, Sky!

25 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

As always, love your narrative. And what a fun song to learn to sign!

You're more than welcome to participate, EG!

• Like 7

So I'm trying out both the exercises per hour and learning the signs from the video and here's what I have so far:

• Planks: By the second set, my body was shaking the entire minute. I think I can still achieve the minute goal, but I want to be able to do them without feeling like I'm in the middle of an earthquake
  • Sign: So I have the video, the lyrics themselves and an additional window to look up each word in sign, and I've gotten some of what the girl is signing and I don't know what else she is signing or if it's a different form of sign. Also the sentence structure is different, I'm going to need to do some research on that just by itself.
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, RedStone said:

aw man, aight I'm in for this! Any recommendations on how to start learning??

Well, You can always just copy what people in the video sign, but I'm going to try to learn and match the signs with the lyrics so I know exactly what I'm signing

9 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Found you! 

Followed for the story and the ASL, staying (for that and) the positivity, adaptability & the banter between you and @Starpuck :) 

Hey hey!

Yeah, Puck only wants me for my 8-bit body

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, RedStone said:

aw man, aight I'm in for this! Any recommendations on how to start learning??

@Whiteghost said he slowed down the playback speed to x0.25 (0,25 if you're European :D ) and replayed a lot :) As far as you get in your alotted time per day.

On 5/6/2020 at 1:43 AM, Red1263 said:

Better mornings: When I wake up, I find that I waste a lot of time on social media, when I could be using that time much more wisely! So I am going to read the daily Bible readings and a page from my Daily Stoic Book! The plan is to read these before I leave for work. So that I don't waste the time I have when no one else is around.

I noticed this trend myself too. Sounds like a great plan to fill the time in a productive more mindful way :)

Love how you tied the sign language goal into the pixel story. Following to watch you do good things 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Well, You can always just copy what people in the video sign, but I'm going to try to learn and match the signs with the lyrics so I know exactly what I'm signing

Hey hey!

Yeah, Puck only wants me for my 8-bit body

More like 8-Hit Body ... as in, I'd hit that! :D  

What is this banter folks are talking about?

Heeey, what thing are you using to pick bible verses for the day to read?  I've been trying to find something that works well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Puck only wants me for my 8-bit body

33 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

On 5/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

I noticed this trend myself too. Sounds like a great plan to fill the time in a productive more mindful way :)

Love how you tied the sign language goal into the pixel story. Following to watch you do good things 

Yeah, I feel like my morning is wasted if all I've done is scroll through facebook, because that's what I'll do for the rest of day anyways!

Thank you! I thought I was stretching a bit, but I'm glad everyone liked it!

On 5/8/2020 at 9:42 AM, Starpuck said:

What is this banter folks are talking about?

Heeey, what thing are you using to pick bible verses for the day to read?  I've been trying to find something that works well.

Like this? 

FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum

Oh I just google Catholic bible readings for today and just read that. that's it. No set plan or schedule, just google :P

Banter? I don't know what they're talking about >.>

On 5/8/2020 at 10:20 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

giphy.gif

You saw that and you're still going to leave me in a room alone with her?! I'm scared! She said she's going to hit me!

1. Chiseled: The Per Hour works provided I time myself accurately and not miss my time. Since this is still 0 week, I only focused on the planks
  2. Better mornings: So today's Stoic reading was about "Carpe Diem" And the Bible scripture was Acts 6: 1-7 and 1 Peter 2: 4-9 and John 14: 1-12
  3. I Dare You: I haven't worked on this today, I got distracted by watching a movie with a friend :P
  • Like 4

On 5/10/2020 at 7:46 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She's obviously a Tsundere. 

Obviously.

toradora gif | Tumblr | Toradora, Anime, Tsundere

So yesterday was day one and let's see how I did!

1. Chiseled: I was able to get 2 sets of planks in, I missed my third set due to "I'm in the middle of something, I'll get to it right after!" Which of course didn't happen :P
  2. Better mornings: I also missed my morning readings because in the middle of the night my landlady's animals wanted to share my bed with me, which caused me to wake up in the middle of the night and thus hit the snooze button more often than I'd care to admit
  3. I Dare You: I am having a bit of a time trying to get the signs down, it doesn't help that I don't recognize/can't find the signs that correlates with the signs that the people in the video are doing. Also I need to learn sentence structure for ASL, it's not direct like text, it's different.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I am having a bit of a time trying to get the signs down, it doesn't help that I don't recognize/can't find the signs that correlates with the signs that the people in the video are doing.

I am wondering if some people are doing their own interpretation of the lyrics, because I am pretty sure that not all of the people are signing exactly the same words

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am wondering if some people are doing their own interpretation of the lyrics, because I am pretty sure that not all of the people are signing exactly the same words

I was curious about that, and found this as a fairly succinct response to why some people seemed to have more signs. Didn't realize there were different "levels," I guess, between signing and spoken. 

Not gonna lie, I've dropped the signing goal. There is just too much going on in my life right now, but I love watching the videos. 

17 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Better mornings: I also missed my morning readings because in the middle of the night my landlady's animals wanted to share my bed with me, which caused me to wake up in the middle of the night and thus hit the snooze button more often than I'd care to admit

Have you mentioned pets before? What pets does she have and is she ok with you putting up pet tax photos? :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

but I love watching the videos. 

I have convinced myself that casually putting on French radio as background noise (until I start recognising what is being said, then it gets too distracting) is language practice haha

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

because I am pretty sure that not all of the people are signing exactly the same words

Okay, so that was not just me! 

27 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

found this as a fairly succinct response to why some people seemed to have more signs. Didn't realize there were different "levels," I guess, between signing and spoken. 

Sure, but I wouldn't have expected the video containing different sign languages at all. If that's the case, I wonder if the HOH people that watched it are going "huh?!"

Almost would seem like having the German video have all types of German in it in stead of JUST Hoch Deutsh, or JUST Swiss German, or something. 

(I've not picked it up yet, trying to keep my challenge goals agressively simple and all that jazz :) )

• Like 1

Yeah, I got super frazzled trying to catch the signs, even with the speed set to low.   Aaarg!  I have a friend that is willing to walk me through '101' ASL, but she asked me to do 90 minutes at a time and I laughed quite hysterically hahaha.

I too have figured that I need to table this idea for now.  (Or convince my friend to do 45 m lessons with me.)

Also, I am so not a Tsundere!  

I'm more like Erza!!  Tough, loyal, but has to overcome her own issues far too often haha.

f4a893cb5609922da0e011832aa57db1.gif

• Like 3