• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Red1263

Red1263 Dares the Silent Statue

Recommended Posts

On 5/22/2020 at 7:47 AM, Starpuck said:

That is sooooo awesome Red!!  Man, I am gonna be all jelly of you when you are signing.   And I know I know, I could be learning, but I think I need to wait until they make a pill for 'instant language knowledge'.     (Or at least until I have more bandwidth on my schedule.)   I really am a bard, ALL THE IDEAS!  None of the focus to settle into one or three things.

 

Thanks Puck! Well maybe you can make it one of your challenges and I'll send you all of the info that I have. Ha ha ha, guess that makes you The Star, then, doesn't it?

 

*   *   *

OK, so I kinda lost track of time and forgot to update my thread lately, I recently got the Xbox Game Pass and I'm hooked on the Outer Worlds. So I have been slacking a bit in the challenge, but I'm going to renew my efforts today, as a matter of fact, I was trying to fit in more exercises into my job. But that's for another time! For now, let's catch up!

  1. Chiseled - Today I am on set #2 but I'll knock that out in *checks clock* 12 minutes. and #3 in an hour after that
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic:
      1. "Making your own Good Fortune" - Basically it's summed up like this, "The harder I work, the more good luck I seem to have"
    2. Bible: I have been reading these scriptures while I drink my morning coffee, and it's pretty refreshing, sans Lily or any other animal begging for my attention.
      1. ACTS 1:1-11, EPHESIANS 1:17-23 & MATTHEW 28:16-20
  3. I Dare You: I'm having a hard time trying to find the sign for "prey" I'm trying to learn the signs as the song goes, and I still haven't found something that like 'prey' I've tried 'stalk' and 'hunts' but no signs for those either.
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh games pass haha.  I'd be in trouble with that.   I still have so many games to finish and I really should but ugh!  Summer is not the time for video games!

 

Can your friend that is more fluent help you find the prey sign?

 

Don't go so long not checking in!  We miss you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Oooh games pass haha.  I'd be in trouble with that.   I still have so many games to finish and I really should but ugh!  Summer is not the time for video games!

 

Can your friend that is more fluent help you find the prey sign?

 

Don't go so long not checking in!  We miss you!

I kinda did get into trouble which explains why I haven't been posting :P But I got addicted to The Outer Worlds, it's a LOT more fun than I anticipated. 

 

At the current moment, no, she's got a LOT on her plate, so I don't want to add to her stresses.

 

Ha ha ha, OK then, Puck! I'll make sure I'm here to check in!

 

*   *   *

  1. Chiseled - Yesterday I did 2 sets and today I'm going to aim for 3 I'm already on set #2
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic:
      1. Monday: This was DnD so I didn't do any reading :P
      2. Today: "Stop caring what other people think" - which is pretty self explanatory
    2. Bible:
      1. Monday: Again, DnD :P
      2. Today: ACTS 20:17-27 & JOHN 17:1-11
  3. I Dare You: One productive thing I did do on Monday was after DnD and some breakfast, I spent 3-4 hours, signing the first verse of the I Dare you song. So since I'm using strictly ASL signs, it's going to look a bit different from the Video. But I think it'll be great!
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 8:26 PM, Red1263 said:

"Making your own Good Fortune" - Basically it's summed up like this, "The harder I work, the more good luck I seem to have"

Or said another way:

1272511032-2401eab52e3bb2edda3c301016b35

  • Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 9:37 PM, Elastigirl said:

Or said another way:

1272511032-2401eab52e3bb2edda3c301016b35

Precisely!

 

OK I know I just said, I wouldn't disappear, and I kinda just did, so I apologize, but I had good reason! After work, I drove back home to CA and visited/surprized the family for a day and spent quality time with them, as well as my best friend/business partner (who works with me on my Magiteck projects) and over all just relaxed. So, here's my progress for today.

 

*   *   *

  1. Chiseled - I'm currently on Set 2 for the planks
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic:
      1. Today: "Work is Therapy" - I've understood this as, when the job that you think is meaningless is done, that doesn't mean that you indulge your mind on the "empty calories" of activities (ie watching TV, social media, other time wasters etc) but to indulge yourself in something creative and to keep your creative side alive with activities that have substance, so basically, just don't forget to participate in your hobbies. :P 
    2. Bible:
      1. Today: ACTS 25:13-21 & JOHN 21:15-19
  3. I Dare You: OK Since we're pretty much at the middle of the challenge, I'm starting to practice my signing to the lyrics and I think if I spend a couple of hours focusing on one paragraph at a time, working on speed and... well actually making sure I'm signing the right thing :P, I should have it ready by the end of the challenge. I'm now starting to think of how to actually make the video with the lyrics, but I'm not that video savvy. But this is for certain, since I'm signing strictly ASL, my video will look much differently than the Deaf Theater people. But I've gotten the intro down and I'm working on the chorus.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 8:39 AM, Elastigirl said:

Glad you were able to see your family and friend!

Yes, I surprized everyone and they were happy to see me. I also had a Magiteck Meeting during that time and it went really well. Although on a sadder note, my Bro-in-law's uncle died because of the Virus. He has another one inflicted by it, but we don't know how well he's faring. The funeral was last friday, and I made sure to see if my Bro-in-law is doing ok.

 

*   *   *

Heh heh 😅 in terms of the challenge, I have been kinda slacking. I went to watch a movie on Netflix, then I spent yesterday playing Outer Worlds, and today is my day off where I have some research things to do, mail some stuff, and catch up on some reading... and maybe play some more addicting Outer Worlds >.>

  1. Chiseled - I haven't started yet because of the things I have to pay attention to right now, but when I'm done, I'll knock them out. Maybe make them into full workouts. 
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic: I have never had a chance to read my book all of the way through and so each month has a theme, June is Problem Solving Month.
      1. Today: "Always have a Mental Reverse Clause" - we all know about Murphy's law, where if something can go wrong, there's a strong possibility that it will. But the mental reverse clause is to have a back-up plan, because of Murphy's Law. In nearly everything, from a relationship not going the way you intended, to you suddenly have a flat tire, to being thrown in jail for X reason. Basically, always have a back up plan, because you never know when you might need it.
    2. Bible:
      1. Today: GENESIS 3:9-15, 20 & JOHN 19:25-34
  3. I Dare You: OK I have been practicing the verses I know in my spare time and I'm trying to work out the parts where I get mixed up, but I'm still making progress! This is cool! Hopefully my Ninjutsu will improve after this! 
    Sasuke Uchiha: Fire Style Dragon Flame Jutsu GIF | Gfycat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Yes, I surprized everyone and they were happy to see me. I also had a Magiteck Meeting during that time and it went really well. Although on a sadder note, my Bro-in-law's uncle died because of the Virus. He has another one inflicted by it, but we don't know how well he's faring. The funeral was last friday, and I made sure to see if my Bro-in-law is doing ok.

 

Glad you got to have a good time. Condolences to your bro-in-law. Hopefully the other relative is pulling through. 

 

16 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Today: "Always have a Mental Reverse Clause" - we all know about Murphy's law, where if something can go wrong, there's a strong possibility that it will. But the mental reverse clause is to have a back-up plan, because of Murphy's Law. In nearly everything, from a relationship not going the way you intended, to you suddenly have a flat tire, to being thrown in jail for X reason. Basically, always have a back up plan, because you never know when you might need it.

 

Good call, I like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your ninjitsu will definitely improve!   Glad you got to see fam for a visit, and sorry to hear of a loss so close to home from things.   Prayers that everyone else stays safe and/or recovers well.

 

I'm excited to see your signing!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 3:03 PM, Elastigirl said:

Sorry about your brother in law's uncle. 

I thank you for your condolences

 

12 hours ago, Manarelle said:

 

Glad you got to have a good time. Condolences to your bro-in-law. Hopefully the other relative is pulling through. 

 

 

Good call, I like this. 

I did have a good time, so long as I can bug my nieces, it'll always be considered a good time. and thank you for the condolences

 

I know right? I was thinking about this, and I kinda already do that. but not for everything.

 

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I think your ninjitsu will definitely improve!   Glad you got to see fam for a visit, and sorry to hear of a loss so close to home from things.   Prayers that everyone else stays safe and/or recovers well.

 

I'm excited to see your signing!

 

Thank you for your prayers

 

I'm getting excited too, I should've learned to sign years ago!

 

*   *   *

  1. Chiseled - I'm currently on Set #2 that will happen within the hour
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic:
      1. "Plato's View" - What this means is that sometimes it's best to take a step back and get a good view of the world and everything on it, sometimes by taking it from a birds eye POV can you really see how small things can really be and then things start to get into perspective.
    2. Bible:
      1. Today: 2 PETER 3:12-15, 17-18 & MARK 12:13-17
  3. I Dare You: I have been practicing the verses still, and my hands don't move quickly enough as I'm trying to remember what the sign is.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

I Dare You: I have been practicing the verses still, and my hands don't move quickly enough as I'm trying to remember what the sign is.

I have completely fallen off this wagon.  I don't think I have practiced once since the first day of the challenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2020 at 10:01 PM, WhiteGhost said:

I have completely fallen off this wagon.  I don't think I have practiced once since the first day of the challenge

It's ok, everyone has their own thing to do, and it's my challenge, so you really didn't have to participate :P

 

On 6/3/2020 at 2:01 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Condolences for your family's loss.

Thank you.

 

*   *   *

OK So I didn't do my challenge yesterday except for the planks. I had an earlier shift and sleeping for a few more minutes felt much better than getting up and doing stuff. Now onto today! I visited the clinic (my future place of work) and it was good to know that every misses me, some even thought that I was officially going to start my Residency, but I had to explain that it was only a visit. I did some work and casted a patient and delivered orthotics braces/shoes to others and I just plain missed it. I love what I'm going to do and I can't wait until I start. I was told Aug 1st, but my future-boss is trying to get me to start sooner, what with everything opening up again. I know the position is already mine, so there's no fear of losing it, so if I start Aug 1st, great. If I start sooner than Aug 1st, even better! I'm currently holding off on the challenge until I get this presentation done for tomorrow, I have to condense a ~25- 30 min slideshow PPT into 10 mins. So it's going to take a LOT of hacking at the old slides my group and I did.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Nice that you know you have the position and the latest you start is August 1st. I hope it starts sooner though!

You and me both! Although I'm a patient nerd, the money I'd be making would be most helpful :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

I'm a patient nerd

Man, you have so many admirable qualities.  I'd be a hot mess waiting for the start date.    

 

Glad you got to stop in and you are still excited for the start. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Man, you have so many admirable qualities.  I'd be a hot mess waiting for the start date.    

 

Glad you got to stop in and you are still excited for the start. 

 

Oh You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

*   *   *

  1. Chiseled - I'm currently 40 mins away from workout set #2 
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic:
      1. "Blow your own Nose" - We have a choice: Do we focus on the ways we have been wronged, or do we use what we've been given and get to work?
    2. Bible:
      1. 2 TIMOTHY 3:10-17 & MARK 12:35-37
  3. I Dare You: I have all of the signs for the entire song down, now it's a matter of practicing over and over again and trying not to screw up. I've also learned that it's hard to keep your hands within a particular window in front of you, I noticed I'm prone to grand gestures

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tubeman - GIF on Imgur

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So yesterday I forgot to update, but I'll catch up today! I didn't do the planks (I've no idea why, I just felt like it was a video game day). I did do my readings and I did practice my signing.

  1. Chiseled - I'm on Set #2 
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic:
      1. Yesterday: "When to Stick and When to Quit" - Let's face it folks, you've gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away...
      2. Today: "Finding the Right Mentors" - This was summed up in a nice little sentence: "... We don't get to choose our parents... yet we can truly choose who's children we'd like to be"
    2. Bible:
      1. Yesterday: 2 TIMOTHY 4:1-8 & MARK 12:38-44
      2. Today: EXODUS 34:4-6, 8-9, 2 CORINTHIANS 13:11-13, & JOHN 3:16-18
  3. I Dare You: I had the brilliant idea of putting on my wrist weights while practicing my signing, in order to help my hands move quicker to keep up with the pace of the song. I honestly think it helped a little bit, also it helped because I have to keep my arms suspended in front of me so there's a little bit of a workout right there.

Ok guys! At my job when I am dispensing (which is happening more often when we finish early) I find myself standing around waiting for someone to come and get groceries, so rather than lose myself in thought nor stare at my phone, I learned that I can work on my stretches! Despite the fact that I won't be touching the dirty floor, I can work on lunges and toe touches, and arm stretches, even get creative with some back stretches. So my plan here is to utilize my time the best that I can do! Hopefully I can finally stretch out my calves and be able to touch my toes for the first time in my life :P 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I Dare You: I had the brilliant idea of putting on my wrist weights while practicing my signing, in order to help my hands move quicker to keep up with the pace of the song. I honestly think it helped a little bit, also it helped because I have to keep my arms suspended in front of me so there's a little bit of a workout right there.

 

This seriously made me think of this:

XUJwwOO.jpg

 

You're gonna have killer arms/ shoulders, and when people ask how, you can just say "ASL."

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Manarelle said:

 

This seriously made me think of this:

XUJwwOO.jpg

 

You're gonna have killer arms/ shoulders, and when people ask how, you can just say "ASL."

That is hilarious! I'm going to probably accidentally knock out someone as I'm signing something peaceful :P

 

*   *   *

  1. Chiseled - I'm on set #2 
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic:
      1. "Brick by boring Brick" - This is talking about how in the grandest scales are determined by the minute, daily moments that we have. The book put it in terms of football, The Season lasts months, the games lasts hours, but by each and every play which takes up only seconds on the field, then and there, do you see whether or not said team makes it to the Superbowl.
    2. Bible:
      1. 1 KINGS 17:1-6 & MATTHEW 5:1-12
  3. I Dare You: I am currently helping a friend with some math homework, but when I'm done, I'll get right to practicing
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This book has some really awesome little tidbits!   I am glad you are sharing them in concise form (that's how I handle things best, lol).

 

Nice job putting stretches in on those free moments - you really do make the most of your day and I love that!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

This book has some really awesome little tidbits!   I am glad you are sharing them in concise form (that's how I handle things best, lol).

 

Nice job putting stretches in on those free moments - you really do make the most of your day and I love that!

Right? I got it as a Christmas present from my brother, he didn't know what to buy me so I told him that I wanted to take up reading and that I liked Philosophy. And I got this! I love it, despite the fact that I miss a day or two. Well by trying to condense the lesson (which isn't very long barely 2 paragraphs), I'm causing my own brain to learn it, so it sticks better. Not to mention, if I just had the title, you guys wouldn't really understand what it means. :P

 

Thanks Puck! I always try to remember that you only have the one life, so I really have to make the most of it... Sigh... but that also means that I need to do my laundry too :P 

 

*   *   *

  1. Chiseled - I'm on set #2 (isn't it weird that every time I update my thread, I'm ALWAYS on Set #2?!)
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic:
      1. "Solve Problems Early" - This had a pretty cool metaphor, "The easiest place to cross a river is at it's source." Which is when there's hardly any force within the waters, Emotions and bad habits, start off the same way, it's really just one day we skip a workout and if we don't pay attention to it, days turn into weeks, weeks into months, and so on. But, it's easier to miss one day of working out than it is to miss one year.
    2. Bible:
      1. 1 KINGS 17:7-16 & MATTHEW 5:13-16
  3. I Dare You: I am going to fold my laundry and meal prep and while I'm doing that, I'm going to remember that the challenge ends in 4 days...
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Red1263 said:

"Solve Problems Early" - This had a pretty cool metaphor, "The easiest place to cross a river is at it's source."

This is my approach to dishes!      And NO ONE GETS ME on it.     My friends fill their whole sink with dirties, then rinse, then load dishwasher, then run.    I'm like ... why not just eat, rinse plate, put in dishwasher, run once full?    Or often times, I will just - drop of soap on sponge, wash my plate, fork, knife, glass, set to dry.   It takes literally, like 2 minutes.  As opposed to a 30+ minute job to empty a full sink!

LOL.

 

Now I can say "The easiest place to cross a river is at it's source" and sound super zen-wise next time I try and convince them my way is better.   ;)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

This is my approach to dishes!      And NO ONE GETS ME on it.     My friends fill their whole sink with dirties, then rinse, then load dishwasher, then run.    I'm like ... why not just eat, rinse plate, put in dishwasher, run once full?    Or often times, I will just - drop of soap on sponge, wash my plate, fork, knife, glass, set to dry.   It takes literally, like 2 minutes.  As opposed to a 30+ minute job to empty a full sink!

LOL.

 

Now I can say "The easiest place to cross a river is at it's source" and sound super zen-wise next time I try and convince them my way is better.   ;)

... I wish I could agree with you but I also hate doing the dishes. BUT Since I have been moving out, I'm perfectly happy washing the 2-5 things that I dirty rather than the 50+ things I had to wash when I used to live with my family :P Dishes would take me hours to finish.

 

You are already wise! Now all you need is that Fu Manchu moustache and you'll be set, Zen Master!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.