Red1263 Dares the Silent Statue

13 hours ago, Starpuck said:

This is my approach to dishes!      And NO ONE GETS ME on it.     My friends fill their whole sink with dirties, then rinse, then load dishwasher, then run.    I'm like ... why not just eat, rinse plate, put in dishwasher, run once full?    Or often times, I will just - drop of soap on sponge, wash my plate, fork, knife, glass, set to dry.   It takes literally, like 2 minutes.  As opposed to a 30+ minute job to empty a full sink!

LOL.

Now I can say "The easiest place to cross a river is at it's source" and sound super zen-wise next time I try and convince them my way is better.   ;)

Why am I over 50 years old and still can't get into this habit. I'm getting good at cleaning the dishes in the evening, but really if I did them right away it would be so much better. I think I secretly keep believing that house elves are going to come by and do them😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I think I secretly keep believing that house elves are going to come by and do them😉

OK Cool, so I'm not the only one!

1. Chiseled - I'm on set #3
  2. Better mornings:
    1. Stoic:
      1. "Just Don't Make Things Worse" - There's a phrase that goes, "When you find yourself in a Hole, Stop Digging." Basically, when we come across a situation, reacting in anger or any other negative emotion, we tend to make things worse. So we have to find a way to stay calm and approach things in a way that doesn't make things regretful.
    2. Bible:
      1. ACTS 11:21-26; 13:1-3 & MATTHEW 10:7-13
  3. I Dare You: I am pretty certain that I have the actual song lyrics memorized, despite the fact that I usually don't listen to Kelly Clarkson :P I'm about 80% certain that I got it down, now it's just a matter of keeping pace with the actual song.
  • Like 4

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

11 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I Dare You: I am pretty certain that I have the actual song lyrics memorized, despite the fact that I usually don't listen to Kelly Clarkson :P I'm about 80% certain that I got it down, now it's just a matter of keeping pace with the actual song.

Speeding up is always a challenge in any language. You're making good progress, though!

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Great update!   I can't believe you got the song memorized, that's so awesome!!!

Can't wait to see the results!

Another great tidbit on the hole and digging.

• Like 2

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

On 6/12/2020 at 5:54 AM, Manarelle said:

Speeding up is always a challenge in any language. You're making good progress, though!

It's especially difficult if you're new to it!

On 6/12/2020 at 11:37 AM, Starpuck said:

Great update!   I can't believe you got the song memorized, that's so awesome!!!

Can't wait to see the results!

Another great tidbit on the hole and digging.

Having the song memorized and trying to sign it in sync with the actual song are two different things :P

As Red1263 tries and fails to match the Silent Statue once again, he walks away in frustration. "Gah! This is impossible! I don't even know what these signs mean! Naruto makes it look so easy!" He stares out into the town, it's still morning and the town is still sleepy, the sun is starting to rise higher, and soon the town will once again be bustling everyone moving about their lives, some already accepting the dome, others struggling to accept it. Red1263 closes his eyes to gather his wits... 

4.png.781fed86f136a4b958c8bee3c0c158f4.png

'Discipline... Fortitude... Courage... Clearheadedness... Selflessness... Sacrifice... These traits are necessary to win wars... Everyone is just trying to live, but it's only those who live with these particular traits that they achieve their goals. So ultimately, we have to understand that "Life is a Battlefield." then again there's WISDOM 7:7-14, and who can forget MARK 16:15-20 [2]? They all say the same thing. That I can't give up yet.' "OK," He says outloud, facing the statue, "Let's do this, one more time!"

Suddenly there's a bright light breaking through the Statue! It gets brighter and brighter until it shatters [3]!

5.png.47dcd354bfa59801a3aad1a32c456789.png

When Red1263 can see again, A woman with purple hair stands before him, She takes a deep breath, slowly and then exhales, opening her eyes. "You did it, thank you." She speaks in a gentle voice. 

6.png.9e3f37e794aa6df549be8d9a3aeaf78f.png

"... Err you're welcome? Who are you? How did you be--" She quickly immediately punches him straight in the gut!

7.png.f9b8eb6ad5cadb44a77dd645ea347289.png

"AS SOON AS I FIND 'IM I'LL RIP 'IM A NEW ONE!! I'LL--" She immediately looks around, the gentleness of her voice as lost as she apparently is, "Hey... Where am I?" She looks at Red1263 on the ground, "What are you doing down there?"

8.png.45adec6dfd2718ae2daa311723ba31f7.png

As Red1263 gets up, (and air returns to his lungs [1]). He tells the Woman about the town of Rovani and about the Santa-looking wizard that casted the spell that trapped them in the dome. "Ohhh... You mean Detus! If he resorted to this spell, then it must be serious." "*cough* Detus? Wait, you haven't explained who you are nor how you became a *cough* statue!" "Oh that! I forgot about that! Well you see, My name is Nadia, and I was "chosen" as a conduit for Detus to make this Shell spell even more powerful. We were supposed to take a vote, but those jerks decided to just use me instead! I swear when I get my hands on them, I'll... " "Hmmm... Sounds like this Detus guy is a real jerk, and I'd love to help you, but I can't do that until I can get out of this dome!" "Oh, right! I forgot about that! Well, I'm not exactly sure how myself, I'm going to have to commune with the others." Red1263 looks around and sees no one else around, "The others? What others?" "Why, the other conduits, silly! I'm going to meditate and find out what is going on and what to do! I'll be honest, this is going to take me a while, I was the first one. So I don't know who else is out there. Just relax!" Red1263 still reeling from that punch. "Errr... ok then... I guess... I'll just... be doing my own thing... over here..."

9.png.00b5152dadbde47eb208d4961026db4e.png

1. Chiseled - Except for the days when I didn't do this at all, I can honestly say for the most part that I've completed at least 2-3 sets of this challenge, and even threw in Push-ups and Squats whenever I could. Done!
  2. Better mornings: I liked reading before starting my day, except for those mornings when I can barely open my eyes, in which case, I simply read when I got home and started relaxing. Done!
  3. I Dare You: I did make some mistakes during the video, and I kept the "I Dare You to Love" part the same as the original video, because I learned that ASL is very flux and open to unique translations. In the sense that one person can sign "Hope" one way using a gesture and another person can sign it using another gesture but still mean the word "Hope" So since, that's a thing in ASL, I signed that part in the same way as the Deaf Theater. But everything else, I used this website, my friend gave me, and for everything that it didn't have I googled it. I hope you guys enjoyed the video, I had fun making it. This goal is Done!

10-1.png.e612ec965685612285b752ab2eb13cdf.png

5.png

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Red!!! REEEEDDD!! 

That. Was. AMAZING!!

I am so super impressed, and inspired, and touched and ... zomg.   What a wonderful way to wrap up my day today.  All these lovely feels for seeing something so awesome.    You sir, had one heck of a challenge and I am so glad I was along for the ride!!!

Can't wait to see the next one.  And dangit, I might have to get over the ASL intimidation because dang, ... you really have inspired me.

:)

P5UgtvX.gif

source.gif

CO4v.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

On 6/14/2020 at 2:24 AM, analoggirl said:

Yesss that was so fun to watch! Thanks for the resource. And well done with goals!

Thank you! Feel free to learn ASL with that link!

On 6/14/2020 at 5:41 AM, Manarelle said:

Nice! Very well done! Love the smiles that came through a couple times, too. 

Despite the fact that it's not something I normally listen to, I had fun with it!

Sometimes, you've gotta move to the music

On 6/14/2020 at 8:18 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Incredibles The Incredibles GIF - Incredibles TheIncredibles ...

That video was really great.  Way to stick with it, I am super impressed!

Thanks, man! I appreciate it!

On 6/14/2020 at 9:13 PM, Starpuck said:

Red!!! REEEEDDD!! 

That. Was. AMAZING!!

I am so super impressed, and inspired, and touched and ... zomg.   What a wonderful way to wrap up my day today.  All these lovely feels for seeing something so awesome.    You sir, had one heck of a challenge and I am so glad I was along for the ride!!!

Can't wait to see the next one.  And dangit, I might have to get over the ASL intimidation because dang, ... you really have inspired me.

:)

P5UgtvX.gif

source.gif

CO4v.gif

giphy.gif

You flatter me WAAAYYY too much, I'll be waiting for your ASL video and your twitch stream!

On 6/14/2020 at 10:10 PM, Elastigirl said:

That was amazing! 

Thank you!

On 6/15/2020 at 9:44 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Crushed it!

Then the state crushed you, I suppose... :D

Ha ha ha! I always try to add a bit of humor in my life story!

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 6/14/2020 at 12:22 AM, Red1263 said:

It's especially difficult if you're new to it!

Having the song memorized and trying to sign it in sync with the actual song are two different things :P

As Red1263 tries and fails to match the Silent Statue once again, he walks away in frustration. "Gah! This is impossible! I don't even know what these signs mean! Naruto makes it look so easy!" He stares out into the town, it's still morning and the town is still sleepy, the sun is starting to rise higher, and soon the town will once again be bustling everyone moving about their lives, some already accepting the dome, others struggling to accept it. Red1263 closes his eyes to gather his wits... 

4.png.781fed86f136a4b958c8bee3c0c158f4.png

'Discipline... Fortitude... Courage... Clearheadedness... Selflessness... Sacrifice... These traits are necessary to win wars... Everyone is just trying to live, but it's only those who live with these particular traits that they achieve their goals. So ultimately, we have to understand that "Life is a Battlefield." then again there's WISDOM 7:7-14, and who can forget MARK 16:15-20 [2]? They all say the same thing. That I can't give up yet.' "OK," He says outloud, facing the statue, "Let's do this, one more time!"

Suddenly there's a bright light breaking through the Statue! It gets brighter and brighter until it shatters [3]!

5.png.47dcd354bfa59801a3aad1a32c456789.png

When Red1263 can see again, A woman with purple hair stands before him, She takes a deep breath, slowly and then exhales, opening her eyes. "You did it, thank you." She speaks in a gentle voice. 

6.png.9e3f37e794aa6df549be8d9a3aeaf78f.png

"... Err you're welcome? Who are you? How did you be--" She quickly immediately punches him straight in the gut!

7.png.f9b8eb6ad5cadb44a77dd645ea347289.png

"AS SOON AS I FIND 'IM I'LL RIP 'IM A NEW ONE!! I'LL--" She immediately looks around, the gentleness of her voice as lost as she apparently is, "Hey... Where am I?" She looks at Red1263 on the ground, "What are you doing down there?"

8.png.45adec6dfd2718ae2daa311723ba31f7.png

As Red1263 gets up, (and air returns to his lungs [1]). He tells the Woman about the town of Rovani and about the Santa-looking wizard that casted the spell that trapped them in the dome. "Ohhh... You mean Detus! If he resorted to this spell, then it must be serious." "*cough* Detus? Wait, you haven't explained who you are nor how you became a *cough* statue!" "Oh that! I forgot about that! Well you see, My name is Nadia, and I was "chosen" as a conduit for Detus to make this Shell spell even more powerful. We were supposed to take a vote, but those jerks decided to just use me instead! I swear when I get my hands on them, I'll... " "Hmmm... Sounds like this Detus guy is a real jerk, and I'd love to help you, but I can't do that until I can get out of this dome!" "Oh, right! I forgot about that! Well, I'm not exactly sure how myself, I'm going to have to commune with the others." Red1263 looks around and sees no one else around, "The others? What others?" "Why, the other conduits, silly! I'm going to meditate and find out what is going on and what to do! I'll be honest, this is going to take me a while, I was the first one. So I don't know who else is out there. Just relax!" Red1263 still reeling from that punch. "Errr... ok then... I guess... I'll just... be doing my own thing... over here..."

9.png.00b5152dadbde47eb208d4961026db4e.png

1. Chiseled - Except for the days when I didn't do this at all, I can honestly say for the most part that I've completed at least 2-3 sets of this challenge, and even threw in Push-ups and Squats whenever I could. Done!
  2. Better mornings: I liked reading before starting my day, except for those mornings when I can barely open my eyes, in which case, I simply read when I got home and started relaxing. Done!
  3. I Dare You: I did make some mistakes during the video, and I kept the "I Dare You to Love" part the same as the original video, because I learned that ASL is very flux and open to unique translations. In the sense that one person can sign "Hope" one way using a gesture and another person can sign it using another gesture but still mean the word "Hope" So since, that's a thing in ASL, I signed that part in the same way as the Deaf Theater. But everything else, I used this website, my friend gave me, and for everything that it didn't have I googled it. I hope you guys enjoyed the video, I had fun making it. This goal is Done!

10-1.png.e612ec965685612285b752ab2eb13cdf.png

5.png

Dude...I go away for a bit & come back to this awesomeness! I am so impressed by your ASL challenge! 

There are several "sign languages" ASL is only one. The signs used depend upon where the person is from.

The church I used to go to had a deaf ministry because the pastor was a C.O.D.A. (child of deaf adults). He could hear but had to learn sign to communicate with his parents. So they have people use ASL for both worship & the sermon. It's really cool to watch.

I learned a song for VBS the one year & I know how hard it is.

Again, great job!

• Like 2

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

1 hour ago, fitnessgurl said:

Dude...I go away for a bit & come back to this awesomeness! I am so impressed by your ASL challenge! 

There are several "sign languages" ASL is only one. The signs used depend upon where the person is from.

The church I used to go to had a deaf ministry because the pastor was a C.O.D.A. (child of deaf adults). He could hear but had to learn sign to communicate with his parents. So they have people use ASL for both worship & the sermon. It's really cool to watch.

I learned a song for VBS the one year & I know how hard it is.

Again, great job!

Well, that tends to happen when you disappear on me :P

Thank you, by the way. but uhhh... I don't know what VBS is. 

Where did you go, by the way?

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

VBS is vacation bible school!  Like a summer bible school camp thingie.

Also - you got a challenge up somewhere Red? 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

VBS is vacation bible school!  Like a summer bible school camp thingie.

Also - you got a challenge up somewhere Red? 

giphy.gif

Oh! Thanks for the info! 

And I'm working on a new challenge! During Zero Week, I was out having an adventure, so I'll post it here once I finish it!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 6/22/2020 at 8:26 PM, Red1263 said:

Well, that tends to happen when you disappear on me :P

Thank you, by the way. but uhhh... I don't know what VBS is. 

Where did you go, by the way?

Lol! 😝 back at ya!

VBS=Vacation Bible School. Basically it's a program for kids with a central theme & takes place over the summer; usually for just a week. It's a lot of hard work, but worth it.

I backed away from the forums because it got a little Covid crazy in here + my mom who was used to being more active didn't react well to the change in routine (changing routines for a person with dementia rarely goes well).

We go out now, but not as often (the whole changing routine thing again).

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

57 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

Lol! 😝 back at ya!

VBS=Vacation Bible School. Basically it's a program for kids with a central theme & takes place over the summer; usually for just a week. It's a lot of hard work, but worth it.

I backed away from the forums because it got a little Covid crazy in here + my mom who was used to being more active didn't react well to the change in routine (changing routines for a person with dementia rarely goes well).

We go out now, but not as often (the whole changing routine thing again).

Well I'm glad to see that you're back! 

Yeah, things changed for a LOT of us, so it's hard to adapt to these changes. My residency start date got pushed back, so I had to find alternate means of selling my body for money... errr I mean I got a different job :P

I can't see your profile pic, did something happen to it?

New Challenge Appears!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I can't see your profile pic, did something happen to it?

Not that I'm aware of? Can you see it if you go to my profile? If not, let me know & I'll try to fix it. You may have to zoom in on the quote to read it.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

5 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Not that I'm aware of? Can you see it if you go to my profile? If not, let me know & I'll try to fix it. You may have to zoom in on the quote to read it.

Well whatever it was, I can see it now! So no problems!

I like the quote!

• Thanks 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler