• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs. Chaos: What now?

Oh Bean, I’m so sorry. It’s a shitty situation to start with but that sounds like the most low-effort thing on your school’s part. 

Ceremony or not, you did it. And you did it despite all of the absolutely ridiculous bullshit life has thrown you along the way. Despite personal issues, and family issues, and the universe just generally being a dick you at different times, you stuck it out and you worked so fucking hard and you got your degree. While working and homesteading and raising two kids and a number of pets. That’s a massive fucking deal and you are a straight up badass. 

Repeating it for the trolls: you are hardcore. You are so fucking awesome for  doing what you’ve done and I am genuinely inspired by you. 

I’m so fucking proud of you, @Bean Sidhe❤️

giphy-29.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Oh Bean, I’m so sorry. It’s a shitty situation to start with but that sounds like the most low-effort thing on your school’s part. 

Ceremony or not, you did it. And you did it despite all of the absolutely ridiculous bullshit life has thrown you along the way. Despite personal issues, and family issues, and the universe just generally being a dick you at different times, you stuck it out and you worked so fucking hard and you got your degree. While working and homesteading and raising two kids and a number of pets. That’s a massive fucking deal and you are a straight up badass. 

Repeating it for the trolls: you are hardcore. You are so fucking awesome for  doing what you’ve done and I am genuinely inspired by you. 

giphy-29.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

All Of This GIFs | Tenor

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, Tateman said:

Count me in this too. The other night when I woke up, my brain was just like "Oh, let's switch on the overdrive mode now. Think of all the things!" Then I'm trying to settle back down to get to sleep. The brain agrees, then goes "Hey, you remember this?" then off to the races again haha.

Hey Mine did that last night. Only mine was "lets figure out how to write a letter to the school saying "that video sucked"  2 hours later I was allowed to go back to sleep.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, Tateman said:

I so miss having a garden. Never tried growing potatoes.

Potatoes are fairly easy. I grow them in old recycle bins .Hardest part with them is remembering to put new dirt on them since they only grow potatoes when the stem is under dirt. So I have to walk out and put dirt in the bin a few times  over the summer. But at least with a bin I know where they all are. I don't get enough for the year, but a few good meals.

• Like 4

On 5/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Jupiter said:

Wow, nice job on the steps! That's great!

Thanks, Friday went well. Saturday not so much, more info coming once I get through replies.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, fleaball said:

giphy-29.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thank you. It was more frustrating that it felt like a dumb ad for the school and kept talking about arriving on campus and doing things on campus. ITs like "I know you can't so someone doing work late a night after the kids have gone to bed, but seriously. I never once had a teacher stand at my shoulder.

What is done is done. I may still email them a "you missed a large portion of the school" Oh and now they are offering us a free t-shirt. The largest size they have 2X. I wear a 3x.  Ugh.

But really Flea thank you. I don't think I could of gotten through that once "Start a fight" class without you.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, analoggirl said:

I read it! Sorry to hear... you deserved a better graduation day.

EDIT: What Flea said :)

Thank you. I can't change what happened at this point, but hoping I may actually get the cap and gown moment at some point.

• Like 2

So I am back and need to move on.  (With or without my T-shirt that won't fit. or my name being mentioned anywhere).

Friday I did really well challenge wise. My steps weren't great, but I still got over the 7000 I needed and while looking back now I was grumpy because I was anxious about Saturday and not admitting it to myself. I got at least some stuff done.  It wasn't a "Look at me do all the things day" but it was better than nothing which I am totally taking.  And sadly,

• Strength  7 pts out of 6 (Max 13)
  • Flexibility 10 pts out of 8 (Max 16)
  • Life and Family 14 pts out of 12  (Max 21)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 9 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 7 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Walking 6 pts out of 3 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 14 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 67 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 
  • Number of boxes - 7 out of 7

I guess I should talk about Saturday. Saturday was a F-it day. To be honest, after the mess of my graduation I cried for like an hour, dealt with the Hubby and Agent Eldest mess, then we did some stuff and looked at floors to replace the broken one and somewhere in there I just gave up. I completely just stopped caring. I didn't move, I ate crap, and I played video games all day.

And like I said previously, the class of 2020 gets a free t-shirt for graduating. Okay, I will take a free shirt, only to find out they only go up to XXL and I need a 3X. So thanks again for reminding me that I am not your type of student. That sent me hiding into the video game pretty quick.

Anyway,  I am going to call yesterday a wash and move on. Today will hopefully be better.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So thanks again for reminding me that I am not your type of student.

By the general sound of it, I am happy to hear you aren't their type of student. Wouldn't want to be part of that club. Get that paper because it will get you where you want to go. F- their standards. Be your fabulous self!

EDIT: though your feelings ARE valid. I'm just sayin', when you're ready, feel free to be happy you don't fit in their inconsiderate, disorganised, clueless mould.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

By the general sound of it, I am happy to hear you aren't their type of student. Wouldn't want to be part of that club. Get that paper because it will get you where you want to go. F- their standards. Be your fabulous self!

EDIT: though your feelings ARE valid. I'm just sayin', when you're ready, feel free to be happy you don't fit in their inconsiderate, disorganised, clueless mould.

The school does about 25-33% online only students which are mostly non-tradtional (AKA, going back after not being in school, parents ect). This was aimed more at the kids who went to college straight from high school (and every student image showed that), all are still young and "grew and learned who they are". I already knew I just needed the paper.

Thank you for the support.  It was 20 years between my AS (out of highschool) to my BS. But I got it. Now to get a job.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Thank you for the support.  It was 20 years between my AS (out of highschool) to my BS. But I got it. Now to get a job.

Welcome!

10 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

This was aimed more

Ahh, I did get the gist of what had happened, I just really wanted to phrase it in a defiant way because I think you rock & those in charge of the organisation of that day suck :D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

Ahh, I did get the gist of what had happened, I just really wanted to phrase it in a defiant way because I think you rock & those in charge of the organisation of that day suck :D

I get I am the weirdo. I am fine with it 99% of the time. This was just he one time it hurt.

• Like 3

OMG... good news

I just checked my schoolwork because I was waiting on the grade from my final project (The one worth half my grade).

GettyImages-104304869-5b44f25746e0fb0037

I got 100%...

So I can officially say that Castle Get a computer science BS is done.

thankyou.png?1318726198

Now on to Castles Get a Big Kid Job and start being healthy.

Oh and if Mother Nature ever figures out the seasons---

DrearyPotableDiamondbackrattlesnake-size

Time to start planting to feed the family Castle

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 6

5 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I just checked my schoolwork because I was waiting on the grade from my final project (The one worth half my grade).

I got 100%...

OUT-F'ING-STANDING!!!!! Take that piece of paper and go kick-a$$. There are definitely sectors still hiring. That piece of paper + real world experience will help get your foot in the right door.
giphy.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about the graduation and general "school not inclusive of 30% of their student body" message. That is.... unfortunately.... quite common. I would totally call them out on it.

Now take a few days to just breath (even if it's just for a bit when you'd normally be studying or working on a school project). You deserve some time for yourself to recover from.... *gestures wildly* .... all of this.

• Like 3

On 5/10/2020 at 3:28 PM, Jupiter said:

That is awesome, huge congrats! So well deserved. 

Congratulations GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Thanks, not going to lie. I am all excited.

On 5/10/2020 at 4:56 PM, fleaball said:

HELL FUCKING YEAH! What a way to end your school career. Way to go!!

I guess all the hard work was worth it, but man did it stink.  I am kinda glad it is over.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2020 at 5:46 PM, Athaclena said:

OUT-F'ING-STANDING!!!!! Take that piece of paper and go kick-a$$. There are definitely sectors still hiring. That piece of paper + real world experience will help get your foot in the right door.
giphy.gif

I am hoping to find work soon, even if the world is dumb. I should be working a bit harder at it than I am now, but I also kinda want to take a second and breathe. I have a paper and I have been doing real work which will hopefully help. Nothing in a big company but I have been using SQL and powershell and Java all day and that is something.

I'm so sorry to hear about the graduation and general "school not inclusive of 30% of their student body" message. That is.... unfortunately.... quite common. I would totally call them out on it.

I haven't done it yet, but I have thought of it. Part of me is too afraid to call them out and then them find some tiny technicality that says "No you really didn't graduate" and while I know that isn't an issue, I am still in this "EEP" headspace that something will of course go wrong.

Now take a few days to just breath (even if it's just for a bit when you'd normally be studying or working on a school project). You deserve some time for yourself to recover from.... *gestures wildly* .... all of this.

I am trying. You have no idea how weird it is when I sit down now about 5 and go "Now what am I supposed to be doing" . Granted something has come up to deal with (yay, family drama) but still it will probably be less work than school. I HOPE

• Like 4

Sunday was Mothers day and I ended up hitting the holiday over crash hard.

I did manage to get my boxes for the day, but it was a near thing. Mostly because by the time my mom and my MIL left for mothers day, I was confused and very very tired. The tension holding me up collapsed. And add the drama from both moms, including the graduation, and I was done.

But I did it, I did barest of minimums and then played video games. But Hubby made me make sure I got the boxes all done and I was in bed by 10 and it was amazing. Maybe this whole "Post school thing" isn't so bad. (Waits for something to go wrong)

200.gif

So yeah, it was actually a fairly quiet day aside from the family drama, and it was nice. Now to get moving and do more and hopefully make progress. Maybe.

• Life and Family 14 pts out of 12  (Max 21)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 6 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 6 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Walking 3 pts out of 3 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 12 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 58 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 
  • Like 4

So Tuesday was better and worse.

Work went well, but I had to leave early to go help my mom. As many know, since my Dad died last year, she is not really dealing with well, anything. As a result, I am the one doing the bills and and helping out a ton. Well yesterday was talking to her retirement guy at work. I get that she is is freaking out because her job is being dumb with covid and not necessarily helpful, but she wanted to make sure the job wasn't taking her retirement. So I got all the paperwork together and went over there. Anyway, she started talking to the guy and gave the impression she had like nothing and then I started talking about what she had and she zoned out. She is better than she was and I got her to agree to let me take care of some stuff so her monthly cash flow will be better. But mostly she watched TV while I talked to the guy.

But then I called my brother to explain what was going on so he didn't get all "Mom says shes broke" and apparently my mom told him we were fighting because I wasn't calling her?????? (All this is during project/homework took my entire life) He also continued to play couch QB of what we should be doing with the money, but hes been doing that since Dad died.

So basically I get to start calling my mom daily or something. Guess that will be a challenge box. But its hard to talk to her because she always sounds annoyed when I call. Other than that, I got into my head. This is the way the world is, but it wasn't great. This made me almost give up on the things I want to do like boxes. Hubby made me do it, even after I looked at all my schoolwork and went "Now what do I do with it" Ugh.. So much for a calm relaxing time anymore.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Aw man, I'm sorry about all the family drama. :(

Thanks

Sadly, this is not an unknown issue since it happens all the time, especially since my dad passed last year, but it can get so frustrating since my  mom doesn't seem to really care and my brother is so far away he doesn't have to.

I just vent here since it is one of the few places I can.

• Like 3

So overall yesterday went better. Still not quite where I want to be, but I didn't eat before bed and I got 2 good walks in.

Work was frustrating when mentor wouldn't listen to me. I was getting angry since he forgets I do know somethings and then I couldn't get into this huge meeting I was supposed to sit through, so that took some work to get into.

I also tried working on the sidewalk to nowhere (A previous owner had a sidewalk put in on the side of the house that ends at the backgate. its bugged me forever, so Hubby said we can start trying to take it out. The slab is like 5". So we took off a small corner as a proof of concept but its not going to be easy. We will have to do the driveway probably next year so right now we are kinda at the "If we are bored and want to destroy it, great, otherwise it waits till the driveway gets done.

Overall, I am just tired. Maybe its from the whole "schools out" thing, but I don't know. I know some of it is literally me not knowing what to do with myself.

Oh and I think part of this is the funk I am currently in. I weighed in this morning and I hit a new ALL TIME HIGH... 302. Which is frustrating since I have been walking twice a day and everything. So I made myself go for a walk before work this am but ugh... Maybe all the naysayers are right and I can't do this..  (Pity party over)

• Life and Family 20 pts out of 12  (Max 21)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 9 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 8 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Walking 6 pts out of 3 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 15 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 75 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Overall, I am just tired. Maybe its from the whole "schools out" thing, but I don't know. I know some of it is literally me not knowing what to do with myself.

Sounds like maybe you're going through some burnout? Maybe take this time to figure out what you want to do next and make a list (and rest more because you've earned it)?

9 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Maybe all the naysayers are right and I can't do this..  (Pity party over)

Ignore the naysayers, you are a badass. 

• Like 2