• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs. Chaos: What now?

Sunday was another Mom day. I got more specifics on what we need to do for her for the landscaping. Hubby and I walked it down and got some ideas. It will probably be at least 4 or 5 different days of work. And while I was going to do this as low maintenance as possible, that has been shot down on  a few points. Also we had lunch with my mom and she wanted all the food, and when I was trying to be good (not overdo), I got flack for that about how I was being "Such a goodie goodie" and what not. No, I just ate my salad first, and then didn't overdo on the fried onion and cheese fries. I still ate them and still ate my lunch of steak and bake potato (All as carry out) but I was trying to not overdo.

As it was, I was kinda ill and sick and tired the rest of the day. Not horrible, but a lighter food coma than I remember having usually. I had 1 bowl of homemade veggie fried rice last night for dinner to lighten the day.

Hubby got me moving later in the day, and I got the boxes done. I did end up 1 walk short for the day, but I still got over 11,300 steps, which isn't great, but it is better than the 0 I was heading towards.  I got my exercises and determined I can still do most of them in a different room if Eldest won't go to bed.

Today I am up and going back to the office. Not sure how long this will last with everything else going on.

Saturday

• Strength  7 pts out of 6 (Max 13)
  • Flexibility 10 pts out of 8 (Max 16)
  • Life and Family 19 pts out of 12  (Max 21)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 10 pts out of 6 (Max 11)0
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 8 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Walking 6 pts out of 3 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 15 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 75 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 
  • Number of boxes - 7 out of 7
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Not really. The closest hiking place (is closed) and about 45 minutes away and its not a great one. The better one is about an hour+, and I think it is closed too. But the driving there and back time would be the hardest part. We have done it before, (once or twice) but it kills the whole day and even now, we don't have whole days free.

Yeah, I'm lucky enough to have some fairly good places within 15 minutes of home, and some awesome places just a bit further out. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Thanks Rookie

I use to be much better when I worked the old crappy job since I was walking hallways all day. I got back to the office today, so we will see if I can keep it up.

Why South Koreans Say 'Hwighting!'

You can do this! :)

I really want to take up sword fighting lol even if its just fooling around in the backyard with a stick lol LARP still intrigues me but I am so shy lol.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2020 at 7:41 AM, Whisper said:

Yeah, I'm lucky enough to have some fairly good places within 15 minutes of home, and some awesome places just a bit further out. 

Yeah, I wish there were "prettier" places to walk. Since I have gone back to work, my lunch walk consists of walking down the grass next to the road in a warehouse (mostly) area and then doing a circle in a church parking lot then walking back and doing 2-3 laps of the building I work in (all told, takes 15 minutes) which does make the neighborhood walks prettier I guess.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 7:53 AM, Rookie said:

Why South Koreans Say 'Hwighting!'

You can do this! :)

I am hoping so

On 6/1/2020 at 7:53 AM, Rookie said:

I really want to take up sword fighting lol even if its just fooling around in the backyard with a stick lol LARP still intrigues me but I am so shy lol.

I loved fighting. I did. And actually you wouldn't recognize me from then. I was horribly shy, no confidence, always scared, no support. I give so much credit to not only fighting but the family I made there that helped me be less afraid, to think I can do things and be more outgoing. Its very empowering when you can beat up a guy twice your size and he smiles and tells you that you did good.

Lately, I see myself sliding, in part to the whole Mom mess, and it makes me want to fight more so I remember I can be strong. Its that weird double edge sword.

• Like 3

Oops, so I missed a day or 2.

Monday was a bit tiring just because I went back to the office, It went well (masks are annoying) but it was good to be back in the office. I left work and met with the garden club teacher at Youngest Agents old school, (the garden club we helped run) and long story short, I am going to help her design and build new planting beds for the garden out of cinder block. It is kinda nice to be needed and I am excited to be doing it, but well, I did it again and signed myself up for something else I probably don't need to be doing.

I did get my walk in at lunch Monday, only to have 1 coworker ask me what I was doing and mentor get very confused when I disappeared at lunch. I walked for about 8 minutes, then spend about 8 minutes walking back. It was nice to get out. All told, the circuit is somewhere between .7 and .77 miles (depends how many laps I get around the building).  Oh and I got my morning walk, so my steps Monday were 13493, so decent.  All in all, a fairly successful day going back in the office.

• Life and Family 18 pts out of 12  (Max 21)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 11 pts out of 6 (Max 11)0
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 9 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Walking 5 pts out of 3 (Max 6)

Tuesday was a bit more boring. I had to get up even earlier than the day before and go in for 8 hours of online training, so I got stuck sitting SO Long. I did get some other stuff done (mostly when we were in work time and I finished mine), but I came home tired. not horribly, but tired. I didn't get as much done here, but I did some stuff. Challenge wise wasn't great, but it was something.

I did get a walk in before work and at lunch, plus my big one in the evening. I really want to keep this up, but more I want to see results. Again, I got 13836 steps and I really want it to pay off.

• Life and Family 15 pts out of 12  (Max 21)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 9 pts out of 6 (Max 11)0
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 7 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Total 69 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Doing good with those steps! Keep it up! :) 

Thanks

I am trying. Been really hard the last few days I am SO SO SO tired.

• Like 3

So Wednesday was another long Are you kidding me day.

Up early, morning walk, run out the door at 7 AM to go to my moms to take her dog adn cat to the vet/groomers. (Both are long hairs, she is not fond of this so she shaves it off 4 times a year). I get there and the 18 lb cat that hates me (the one with kidney issues) is in the crate, great. I take him to the car. I come back in and the 40 lb dog is in a crate. So I carry that outside and to the car. I drive to the vet, call 3 times to find out I could just walk in to drop off. I drop off, and then run to work to be on my day 2 of mind numbing training. I did get my walk at lunch of about .77 miles. I get that done, run out of work and back to the vet to collect said creatures. Once I collect them, back to my moms and then put the collar back on the cat, give my mom the paperwork, go water her garden, come home and about melt. I was SO Tired all day. then I got the long walk and another short 15 before bed. I was so done, I didn't care about boxes, but hubby made me do them. So yesterdays win goes to hubby.

All told, I walked way from yesterday with 14,179 steps and I fell asleep on the couch. Starting to wonder if this the constant tired before the "Hey energy" from doing all this. At the same time, the scale was over 302 again, so I gained somewhere and I am made about it. I am doing so much walking and exercising, but not getting anywhere. Ugh.

So yeah, hoping the tired turns into a "hey I can do things" thing. If not, well, I will be sleeping for a month. Any one with great pearls of wisdom that things will get better.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Thanks

I am trying. Been really hard the last few days I am SO SO SO tired.

I feel you there. Just gotta do what you can do and call it good. 

48 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So yeah, hoping the tired turns into a "hey I can do things" thing. If not, well, I will be sleeping for a month. Any one with great pearls of wisdom that things will get better.

No pearls of wisdom unfortunately, just solidarity. Hang in there. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I feel you there. Just gotta do what you can do and call it good. 

That is what I am doing. I don't know why going back to the office after 2 months has me so worn out, but it does. Hubby thinks it was the 3 days of online training that are taking a toll.

9 hours ago, Jupiter said:

No pearls of wisdom unfortunately, just solidarity. Hang in there. 

Thanks. I will totally take it.

• Like 3

Thursday I was just tired. I was tired of being in training. The boss sent us home about 2 to work from home,so I finished my training from here. Then we took my car to the shop and I came home and became a puddle of goo. I tried to play Stardew, but the Xbox decided to update and when it finished, Eldest Agents friends came over and I didn't have the energy to be in the room with them, so I gave up. I tried to come play portal on my computer, but I think my account was hacked a while back, and I couldn't get in. Hubby eventually gave me his creds so I could play a bit. But I was SO TIRED.

Hubby again pushed me to make sure I got all my boxes. Again, I probably would of given up if he hadn't made me get up and do them. I went to bed earlier, but not as early as I could have. All told, I had 13,346 steps and I got all my boxes. I am so tired of being tired, but I need to get my stuff done earlier to sleep. And with summer break, Agents have decided being awake is fun. Ugh... I don't get to sleep in till 10 like you do, so go to bed. Maybe tomorrow I will.

• Fight Chaos - Purge 6 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Total 73 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 
  • Like 3

I hope you got some sleep Bean! Also I’m exhausted just thinking about how much you walk, and carrying a 40 pound dog in a crate? That’s no small feat. 

• Like 2

On 6/7/2020 at 2:35 PM, fleaball said:

I hope you got some sleep Bean! Also I’m exhausted just thinking about how much you walk, and carrying a 40 pound dog in a crate? That’s no small feat. 

I did sleep. It was weird. I went to bed at reasonable times and slept till at least 9 each day over the weekend. It threw my day off, but I slept in and didn't feel guilty like I was skipping homework or something.

The dog is a Corgi/Cairn Terrier mix (so max about 25 lbs). which shouldn't be that big. However, my dad would buy him his own thing of fries from Mcdonalds, and he has the humans trained that he only goes in and out to pee for food, or into his crate for food. So yeah, hes a heavy little guy. His belly no longer drags the floor.

• Like 2

So the good news is I slept SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much this weekend, I forgot to put up my updates.  And I was super busy.

Friday I was super tired. like dragging my feet, I might get it done done tired. I did get a half day in the office, adn worked the other half at home. I also found out Friday that I am now working 40 hours a week for the summer at my current job. I am not officially full time however, since its a temp position (sort of). I still managed 13, 770 steps on Friday and  while I really didn't want to, I did all my boxes, but I fully admit that I did about half of my normal reps of my exercises because tired happens.

• Fight Chaos - Clean 8 pts out of 6 (Max 11)0
  • Total 74 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 

Saturday I slept in really late, then we went to my mom's and started the re-landscaping. The plan had been to rip out a bed under the pine tree that was all grass, just weed mat and mulch around another tree and cut down a medium size tree and weed mat and mulch that bed and maybe put a small lilac or annuals in the bed. Well, the chain saw my brother snatched, so the tree came down thanks to the neighbors saws-all.  After we removed all the blocks under the pine, I was informed that the bed MUST stay and to put hostas under it. Then the other tree bed needed Annuals..  (FML lady). Yes, there was other BS going on with my mom aimed at me (Mostly at me going back to the office, and how people are horrible, normal stuff), but we rebuilt the pine tree bed and I shelled out the money for perennials for under the other tree so I don't have to replace them next year. (Thus the whole point). What pisses me off most about this whole thing, we spent an ENTIRE DAY, I burned my shoulders pretty bad (for me, so I can still wear a shirt, but it still hurts to touch or scratch them now) and she never said thank you or even looked at what we did. She said she would see it later.   She was also I think mad that I just said "Fine you want it done, we are doing it" than letting her choose when we do it. I don't got time for this nonsense. After all this, I came home, planted a few things here for us, and we were done. I still managed to get all the boxes, but again, I didn't do all the reps, but I did something, especially with as tired and dehydrated as I was.  So I did something, but I probably could of done better. Total steps, 10836

• Life and Family 15 pts out of 12  (Max 21)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 6 pts out of 6 (Max 11)
  • Walking 4 pts out of 3 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 13 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 65 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 

Sunday I slept in again. However, most of the day I was just confused what to do. I had nervous energy for today (Eldest had a thing) and I just didn't know what to do> I ended up playing video games 3 times and while it showed in my steps, I was just still tired. I was less tired than before, but mostly it was just the "Okay, lets get on with things." I did make a point to go to bed early since my new hours at work mean if I want to walk before work, I need to be up at 5. UGH. I am still trying to get things done, but my walking was Meh and honestly, I was over so many things yesterday. But I got the boxes, even if I didn't do as many reps as normal, but I did more than the day before, so that's something right?

• Life and Family 17 pts out of 12  (Max 21)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 7 pts out of 6 (Max 11)0
  • Walking 3 pts out of 3 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 14 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 65 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 
  • Like 3

So Monday went as well as could be expected considering it was a Monday and my first day of working the 40 hour week, except I had to take off the morning to take Eldest Agent of Chaos to a consult to get his wisdom teeth out. Yep, going to be as fun as it sounds, especially since I am already overthinking what I can feed the kid that doesn't like ice cream, yogurt or well  anything he can't chew.

I did managed to get up about 530 to take a walk before my new "Leave for work time" which is stupid early, but its worked and was nice.

From there, I went to work and had a fairly slow day. I did however, end up getting a Blizzard with Office Roomie and mentor. I should be mad about this, but really, I just was really craving it and when office roomie suggested, I was in.

Biggest downside is that Youngest Agent spent the night with my mom who let her stay up all night. So she fell asleep at like 730 and then was up at 10 and couldn't get BACK to sleep. While I made my bedtime even with that, I slept horrid because I was waiting for her to be up all night. Also I had to call the vet and confirm that mom's sick kitty with kidney issues is a CHRONIC condition. Mom seemed to think he was "better" and could take him off the Kidney food and put him on cheap cat food. She was pissed when I told her, but oh well.

I did however do MUCH better with my walking and my exercises. I was less tired when I got home (blizzard anyone) and I managed to get the 14489 steps for the day with 100 Knee to elbows in there. I did the real exercises, not half ones. So that felt good. Like maybe I am getting over the tired thing. While I still haven't weighed in from last week, Hubby did say he noticed I seemed to be loosing, and while I think he is being honest, part of me thinks he is just being supportive.

All in all, I felt better, overall. I am hoping to sleep better tonight. I am really hoping to find that "Hey you finally are getting somewhere" burst of energy. Please let that come soon.

• Life and Family 20 pts out of 12  (Max 21)
  • Fuel 14 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 76 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So Monday went as well as could be expected considering it was a Monday and my first day of working the 40 hour week, except I had to take off the morning to take Eldest Agent of Chaos to a consult to get his wisdom teeth out. Yep, going to be as fun as it sounds, especially since I am already overthinking what I can feed the kid that doesn't like ice cream, yogurt or well  anything he can't chew.

Oh, that's definitely no fun. Would he like a smoothie or milkshake? 

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I did however do MUCH better with my walking and my exercises. I was less tired when I got home (blizzard anyone) and I managed to get the 14489 steps for the day with 100 Knee to elbows in there. I did the real exercises, not half ones. So that felt good. Like maybe I am getting over the tired thing.

Nice, great job!!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Oh, that's definitely no fun. Would he like a smoothie or milkshake? 

Nope, can't stand the texture. Also out, Mashed potatoes. We may be able to give him pasta and mac and cheese, but that is about it. I should look into this a bit more. He also doesn't like anything real sweet or much fruit. However, give the kid a carrot or a green pepper, and you just made his day. Or fries and a burger or pizza would work too.

21 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Nice, great job!!

Thanks

• Like 2

Side note I need to share.

I weighed in this morning down 2.4 lbs. Now, I may be getting over excited here, but its a tangible loss and I am kinda excited.

However, the overthink part of my brain says not to get too excited now.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Okay, so Tuesday break down.

First off, I got up and got my walk in before work. Leaving for work at 6:30 is still silly. But work was okay. I got some stuff done, but Mentor was brain fried from no sleep and wasn't really sure what I should be doing.

After work, I hit the vet and got the kidney food for Mom's cat since she refuses to go to the vet to buy it. Then I took it to her and tried to have a nice conversation with her. She acted more like I was in her way and STILL has not said how nice the front beds look, or thank you for it (BTW, I have paid for all materials for said beds, AND the cat food. Yay for extra hours as a part time worker). 

Hubby and I ended up having another long conversation about it. He agrees that she won't change, but is glad I am kinda getting mad since it means I won't just take it like it is my fault and that i deserve it. We both agree that we can't just let her fail, because eventually it will come back on us to deal with, but we will deal and try to just deal as things come up.

I did manage to get a good amount of walking in, Being at over 15,579 steps for the day. My exercises  went well and I did 100 knee to elbows again. I am not as tired at night, but I did just kinda stop about 1030, which was interesting. I may move bedtime up just a bit more to 1030 next challenge, but we will see. One other thing that might get added is stretching my feet out. I have been having some soreness and aches in them. I worry its arthritis like my mom has (the one that makes her almost unable to move) but Hubby keeps telling me it  is probably since my steps went from like 3839 average steps April 26 - May 2 to an average of 13034 steps Jun 7-13. Which makes sense, but anxiety brain has decided it is arthritis's and I will end up unable to walk, on top of the "My feet are swollen so I am dying" anxiety from mom and her crazy.  Again, I am handling better, but there are moments.

Back to the good things, I got stuff done.. Next challenge that bar will be set a bit higher than the 53

• Total 73 pts out of 53 (Max 93) 
  • Like 3

Where did last week go.

princess-bride-e1529539670776.png?ssl=1

Wednesday, I did really well. I was all like "Hey look at me getting this." Then Thursday, there was an Agent who messed up and long story short, it messed me up some, but I still managed to get all boxes Thurs. However, the mess up backlash shall we say fell into Friday and we couldn't walk because of punishing said Agent and add me missing my acid reflux meds for 2 days and my dinner was ice cream to not feel like puking.

Saturday I was still a bit just drained from the missed meds AND the day was just off left and right, so nothing really was done Friday or Saturday. So I missed the last 2 days of the challenge which when I felt so good for so long, annoys me.

Today has been better, I am trying to do the new challenge (that isn't up yet, but working on that).  Oh and there was fun with Mom because today was work at her house day, but whatever. Trying to get back on track.

Oh and somewhere in there, I hurt my foot, pretty bad. its feels like it is the really angry place where I tore the tendon about 8 years ago, so I am trying to be nice to it (part of Saturday as well).

So yeah, not great with how things ended, but I am trying. Will do a "heres the end" thing in  a bit and hopefully get a new challenge up.  However, I want to do none of these things and continue to be lazy.  But I shouldn't. 

tumblr_opa4fni7FX1r2q5f9o1_500.gifv

• Like 1

So challenge overall, I did pretty good.

Average number of points a day was 65.92 pts a day.  I only missed 5 days with not getting all my boxes in the entire challenge (not counting Fri and Sat where I was kinda like "Challenge over the world sucks). Also I had a streak of 15 days in a row where I was doing quite well.

I did see the scale start to move, but I am scared it is just toying with me.

Average step count was 11235, which is good, but there were some pretty bad days in there still.

So I did okay, but I being me, I feel like I could of done better. But this really probably has been my best challenge in quite a while.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, new challenge is up.

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116707-bean-sidhe-vs-chaos-uncertainty-and-flooring/

• Like 2