Hi! I have known about NerdFitness since it started up, but I have never felt "geek" enough, or "fit" enough to join. Though I have never felt really at home in any other fitness communities either, so, here I am.

A little about me.

I'm a teacher at vocational college. Before that I worked at sea. I had an active job, now, not so much.

People always seems very surprised when they find out I'm into gaming, especially when they realize I have been playing WoW since vanilla and dabbled in end-game raiding. 

Nowadays I casually play WoW, especially after I got a new gaming PC, or I play No Man Sky on my PS4, or Zelda or Pokemon on Nintendo switch. 

I love Sci-Fi and fantasy movies, tv-shows and books. I was that girl dressed up as a hobbit when they dropped the LOTR tickets. I occasionally binge watch Firefly, I love Star Trek (But I dont really classify as a trekkie, Like, I can't name every character on the show..). And I was greatly dissapointed with GoT..

I have always been chunky, I have never been really skinny, apart from once when I starved myself for weeks and jogged for an hour every day... Do not recommend. Being a geek, a girl and a chonk kinda made me a target at school, but I didn't really mind, I did think of the other kids as losers anyway hah, they didn't even know how to locate the Andromeda galaxy. 

Anyway, I always struggled with my weight, I went on one fad diet after the other, tried everything from zumba to starting strenght. I have really tried anything. Exept a "normal", healthy lifestyle. Which I tbh dont know what is anymore. I keep asking myself "is dis health". I also was in the navy, when I was at the bottom of my fitness level, and I managed great! Haha, fooled them. 

I also recently got diagnosed with ADD, so that explain most of the shit in my life. The medication helps with my binging and I generally feel more motivated, but I am currently just trying to find the right dose, so its not optimal. 

Anyway, I'll start my accountability. 

Kuniko. 

• Like 5

Welcome, Kuniko! 

1 hour ago, Kuniko said:

Anyway, I always struggled with my weight, I went on one fad diet after the other, tried everything from zumba to starting strenght. I have really tried anything. Exept a "normal", healthy lifestyle. Which I tbh dont know what is anymore. I keep asking myself "is dis health".

I can related to this. I have read so much on healthful eating and am only slowly coming to some tentative conclusions. So many contradictions and controversies. So many false promises. Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of nerds here who'll be happy to discuss their thoughts on what a healthful diet is and how to shift to one permanently and sustainably.

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

2 hours ago, Kuniko said:

I have never felt "geek" enough, or "fit" enough to join

FWIW I run the forums and I am 300 pounds. It's not about being fit enough, it's about caring enough to work on fitness.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 hours ago, Kuniko said:

Hi! I have known about NerdFitness since it started up, but I have never felt "geek" enough, or "fit" enough to join. 

There's no actual entry requirement other than a willingness to work towards becoming healthier and/or more fit.

Think of it like doing yoga. You're not required to be super-flexible in order to practice yoga, it's the opposite. You use your yoga practice to increase your flexibility from where you are right now. Same idea, but bigger picture. :) 

Welcome to the rebellion!

• Like 2

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

On 5/6/2020 at 9:06 AM, Kuniko said:

I also recently got diagnosed with ADD, so that explain most of the shit in my life. The medication helps with my binging and I generally feel more motivated, but I am currently just trying to find the right dose, so its not optimal. 

I can sympathize. I was diagnosed with ADD several years ago and it made a lot of struggles in my life make more sense too. Like how I find if I'm not paying attention I sometimes start snacking because I'm bored even if I'm not at all hungry. Personally, I find knowing and understanding what the problem is can make it much easier to see a way forward. 

• Like 1

-=<| You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. |>=-

Daily Log: Apocalypse Training  ||  Current challenge: Riviera's Ninja Training, Chapter 1

11 hours ago, Riviera16 said:

I can sympathize. I was diagnosed with ADD several years ago and it made a lot of struggles in my life make more sense too. Like how I find if I'm not paying attention I sometimes start snacking because I'm bored even if I'm not at all hungry. Personally, I find knowing and understanding what the problem is can make it much easier to see a way forward. 

Yes! When I got the diagnose I just went "wow, this actually explain everything". I can now understand more of why I am like I am as well, like the fact that I am not just lazy, its the ADD giving me troubles. My BF as well says I am different now, in a better way, like its easier to keep up with my line of thoughts. The medication also really helps with the boredom eating! 

Hi! It's awesome to meet you! Congrats on getting a diagnosis - it's nice when you get that final piece of the puzzle that makes everything that's happened before make sense 😊 I love the fact that you dressed up as a hobbit to LotR films that's so cool! 😊

• Like 1

Battle Log: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War// Challenge 1 (Do Over) // Respawn Log: Continue [Y]/[N]

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” 

Thief of Time

On 5/9/2020 at 11:21 PM, MsAllegraFox said:

Hi! It's awesome to meet you! Congrats on getting a diagnosis - it's nice when you get that final piece of the puzzle that makes everything that's happened before make sense 😊 I love the fact that you dressed up as a hobbit to LotR films that's so cool! 😊

Thanks! Nice to meet you too!!! When the Two Towers premired I went to my own town, not the capital, to watch with my mum, I dressed up as well and I was the only one hahaha! But jokes one them! The cinema was freezing and I had a cozy cloak! :D

• Haha 1

Cloaks are a highly underrated piece of clothing! 😆 Also I'm willing to bet there was more than one person who looked at your costume and kicked themselves for not dressing up!

• Haha 1

Battle Log: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War// Challenge 1 (Do Over) // Respawn Log: Continue [Y]/[N]

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” 

Thief of Time

23 hours ago, MsAllegraFox said:

Cloaks are a highly underrated piece of clothing! 😆 Also I'm willing to bet there was more than one person who looked at your costume and kicked themselves for not dressing up!

Were alot of kids who wanted their picture taken with me as well! My five minutes of hometown fame! :D 

• Like 2