Kuni's daily log

I basically have to start from scratch. I used to be in pretty good shape, I loved weight lifting, hiking and I had an active job. I loved kettlebells, I used to find time to work out, I prioritzed my health. My diet has always been a mess, after years of untreated ADD which resulted in a touch of ED. I got my ED diagnose a couple of years back, but I never really followed up with treatment, I was busy. Now at the beginning of the year I got diagnosed with ADD and started medication, the doctor also figured my ED was a symptom of my ADD, and it would be easier to fix that once I got the right ADD medication. And he seems to be right, go figure. It's so much easier following a meal plan and not ending up stuffing my face all day. Now I need to learn how to eat healthy and keep a eating schedule. I have done fasting, Its ok, but I really just want to try to "eat normal", idk what that is, but I'll figure it out! 

STATS

Height: 167cm

CW: 80kg (Ops)

GW: 60kg

GOALS

• Lose 20kg
  • Establish a healthy eating schedule and diet
  • 30 days of some influencer chics treadmill routine (I cant remember her name, but the routine is 30mins of walking at an incline of 12% and a speed of 3mph)
  • Start strenght training again (This I wont be able to start on before after the summer or something, right now I just need to get a routine)

DIET

Low-carb lite, 1500kcal, three meals a day! Nothing over complicated, I hate cooking. Just protein, veggies, etc. I like eating the same thing every day, I don't really crave variation. 

EXERCISE

Treadmill: 30min, 12%incline, 3mph speed (5kmh ish)

Or a stroll outdoors. I love just putting on my headphones and walk. I can't really jog cus I fucked up my legs in the navy with chronich shin splints

Shoulder rehab: I ruined my shoulder a couple of years back. I do some resistance band exercises three times a week as directed by my GP

MISC

Follow my daily am/pm routines. Take my supplements. Try not to lose it during the lockdown :)

Get enough sleep, get enough water (not a problem, I chug water like a champ)

Try not to stress. 

Idk. Lets try this. 

• Like 3

WEDNESDAY0605

I eventually went for an hour long walk. Which was nice. 

My diet was crap, I literally only ate grilled cheese all day. But I did not binge! Its just amazing, I eat something and then I just stop. 

Also got a reply on a new position at work which I applied for, they won't hire any of the applicants.. Which confuses me, but ok..

Went to bed at around ten. Didn't fall asleep. Not much sleep...

SATURDAY0905

So. I haven't done any exersice, only been more aware, not sit still for long, walk on the spot in front of the TV. Low key stuff, but still. I have been in a very deep, dark, rabbit hole for a while now haha, so every little step I celebrate! Eating healthier and portion control is easier now as well, I don't binge anymore. I eat fruit and veggies. I finally managed to clean my kitchen as well, I know this is like a baaareee minimum of what any grown adult should do, but I've had a period of just being extremely apathetic and lazy, the ADD meds still don't work optimal and I have been struggeling with cleaning and such all my life because of the ADD. But I'm trying! And I will pat myself on the back for any improvements, regardless of how small. 

I'm contemplating buying the ring fit adventure to nintendo switch as well, but I have to do some gameplay research, cus I have a habit of buying stuff thinking it will fix my life. 

Anyway, diet is ok, not following a specific meal plan yet, but I will try to be more on track next week or something. Exercise is like nill. But I want to do like a squat challenge, just doing goblet squats every other day or something simple like that, I can't overthink it, then I wont follow through. 

• Like 2

A doctor said that when regular folks clean and look at the accomplishment they get a little hit of dopamine, but when us ADD folks clean we don’t and it’s just drudgery. I don’t know if that’s true, but it fits my personal data.

• Like 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

5 hours ago, Kuniko said:

I finally managed to clean my kitchen as well, I know this is like a baaareee minimum of what any grown adult should do, but I've had a period of just being extremely apathetic and lazy, the ADD meds still don't work optimal and I have been struggeling with cleaning and such all my life because of the ADD. But I'm trying! And I will pat myself on the back for any improvements, regardless of how small. 

I have major difficulties with cleaning as well. I rarely clean anything of my own free will and when I do I almost never get any sort of enjoyment out of it. It's something I've come to accept about myself and on my own I'm ok with it. The problems start when other people don't or can't understand why it's so hard for me. But it is something I'm trying to gradually work on, day by day. And as you said, especially when dealing with something that is this hard, every little bit counts. Keep at it! :D

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

A doctor said that when regular folks clean and look at the accomplishment they get a little hit of dopamine, but when us ADD folks clean we don’t and it’s just drudgery. I don’t know if that’s true, but it fits my personal data.

Yes. Yes in all the ways. My dad happens to be one of those regular folks and even though it's been the same story since my childhood he still thinks I can do simple tasks like cleaning the bathroom in 5 minutes when I know fully well for me it's going to be at least 10. I honestly prefer my own room messy since it requires zero effort to maintain. 😉

• Like 2

-=<| You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. |>=-

Daily Log: Apocalypse Training  ||  Current challenge: Riviera's Ninja Training, Chapter 1

On 5/9/2020 at 9:38 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

My doctor said that as well. Or, we can't use the dopamin that is available, so thats whats the meds are for, to actually realizew there is sum dopamin there! 

• Like 1
On 5/10/2020 at 2:48 AM, Riviera16 said:

I have major difficulties with cleaning as well. I rarely clean anything of my own free will and when I do I almost never get any sort of enjoyment out of it. It's something I've come to accept about myself and on my own I'm ok with it. The problems start when other people don't or can't understand why it's so hard for me. But it is something I'm trying to gradually work on, day by day. And as you said, especially when dealing with something that is this hard, every little bit counts. Keep at it! :D

Yes. Yes in all the ways. My dad happens to be one of those regular folks and even though it's been the same story since my childhood he still thinks I can do simple tasks like cleaning the bathroom in 5 minutes when I know fully well for me it's going to be at least 10. I honestly prefer my own room messy since it requires zero effort to maintain. 😉

I dont know HOW many "how to be an adult" books I have read! I always used to get side eyed by my mother in law when I bought a new cleaning book or something, she visited me the other day and I told her to mind the mess, but my worst mess now is better then what it was before! Progress! Maybe I'll have a second go at Konmari and minimalism now 😁

And not only the whole "not bothered to cleaning", but the other side as well, when you have to clean the kitchen and suddenly you end up hyper cleaning the hallway drawers haha, how did i end up here! 

• Like 2

FRIDAY 1505

I am back at work! Class in session! Everything is a bit chaotic, good thing I respond well to chaos heh! But still. We have a soft opening this week, but next week all the students come back, which is a bit strange , its only like four weeks left of the school year. 

I have a fairly active day when I work so I get my steps in, diet is ok as well, lots of crispbread with low cal cheese hah. Not my favorite and prolly not the best, but better than eating air fryer onion rings for breakfast... I have bought groceries to SMASH the next week! "Im starting over monday"! Gonna get that tattooed... 

• Like 1

I hear you. I was a solid 10k steps a day when I was in the Classroom; might be getting 3 now.

What state are you in? We’re out all year and making plans for a hybrid opening next year (some kids at home or everyone at home half time).

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I hear you. I was a solid 10k steps a day when I was in the Classroom; might be getting 3 now.

What state are you in? We’re out all year and making plans for a hybrid opening next year (some kids at home or everyone at home half time).

I live in Europe! Norway to be exact. We are opening the school today actually, some subjects will still be online tho, at least for my two classes. Tbh I am very confused and hopelessly tries to pay attention to the managment during meetings haha. I have just told my closes coworker to just tell me straight out when I have to meet up at school or not! Hopeless

• Like 1
I live in Europe! Norway to be exact. We are opening the school today actually, some subjects will still be online tho, at least for my two classes. Tbh I am very confused and hopelessly tries to pay attention to the managment during meetings haha. I have just told my closes coworker to just tell me straight out when I have to meet up at school or not! Hopeless

That’s funny. I call my teammate my back up brain and ask her what I should have remembered after staff meetings.

Good luck going back to school.
  • Like 1