Chemgeek reviews kata and grows things

2 steps forward 1 back continues. Short version: while most of my pain has been left-sided, now the right side of my lower back (si joint) is stabby and having reduced ROM. I am going to have to write my pt. I am guessing it's angry I had been favoring my other side for a few months? But ow tho. Thankfully no sciatica tho so at least it's not nerve pain.

Many years ago I injured my left shoulder, and what you describe with your back, happened to my right shoulder, for the same reasons. I kept trying to do all the things I was used to doing, but my right shoulder was forced to do all the work. My physical therapist had to have a firm talk with me about the importance of slowing down and actually stopping to do the things that made my left shoulder hurt, rather than just make my right shoulder do all the work. I'm glad you're smarter about this than I was!

Jeez, I always under-appreciate how much exercise helps me stay productive and focused as someone who has ADHD traits run in the family. 

I have gotten more done by 2:30 PM today than I did last Friday all day. Difference? During the week I didn't get a whole lot of exercise, but on the weekend I hiked on Saturday and went for a run and did some calisthenics on Sunday. 

Like exercise just wakes my brain up so I don't feel like I am trying to run a marathon through waist deep floodwaters when I need to focus. It gives me the brainpower to break the cycle of "I need to do the thing!" -> starts doing thing -> gets distracted -> magically hours have disappeared and I am for some reason reading about the marvelous coded backhanded insults sent in Victorian flower code in the 1800s -> "Knock it off brain, why am I even reading about this? I need to do the thing!" Repeat forever

• Like 2
On 6/8/2020 at 12:41 PM, chemgeek said:

Jeez, I always under-appreciate how much exercise helps me stay productive and focused as someone who has ADHD traits run in the family. 

I'm trying to get a better lockdown exercise routine for just this purpose. It's really difficult when most of your life takes place in your apartment. Theoretically not a problem, but very difficult to just turn around because the clock says so.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I'm trying to get a better lockdown exercise routine for just this purpose. It's really difficult when most of your life takes place in your apartment. Theoretically not a problem, but very difficult to just turn around because the clock says so.

Also for me: what is time?

(Seriously if I am doing a thing, I have no idea how long I have been doing the thing for, unless I happen to look at a watch. So without timers and alarms I tend to get stuck on engaging stuff or think tedious stuff is taking much longer than it objectively is)

• Like 1

Hour and 45 minutes of karate in the park! 

Super happy and tired in a pleasant way.

Hopefully this will help me focus tomorrow (migraine Saturday = no exercise Saturday = Tuesday Me's focus melted out my ears)

• Like 2

So yay back to martial arts

Also boo I have been moody as all fuck lately and idk why. Seriously it's like I have teenaged hormone brain or something. It's super annoying. Need to figure out what's happening because I am normally relatively level headed and calm so... Teenage hormone brain in my 30s is 1000% unwelcome