• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

On 5/8/2020 at 8:30 AM, raptron said:

My brain and body thought REALLY REALLY HARD and didn't move at all, hahah.

 

 This has happened to me so many times. It's so weird because your brain is screaming DO THE THING but it's like your muscles are completely disconnected from your head.

 

1 minute ago, raptron said:

This was my most physical week of quarantine yet, for sure. I actually felt REALLY GOOD and felt like I did enough for the first time since the gyms closed. My body was fatigued by the end of Sunday, but in that REALLY GOOD WAY that I didn't realize how much I missed until I felt it again. I first felt it after doing Friday's handstand class after my run -- like an audible deep sigh of "YOU SUCCESSFULLY CHALLENGED YOURSELF." I'm stoked.

 

Yay!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WFH Day 9.1

With a busy week comes a REST DAY! AWW YEAH. I didn't have the greatest work day, but I did order new running shoes at least. 🙈And it was an ordeal! Any time I need to get new workout shoes, they've discontinued the ones I just had and I spend hours trying to sift through reviews to figure out what will fit in similar ways. Plus, with the way things are right now, I didn't want to go my usual route of getting a few to try on/test out and send back, so I just ordered one pair. 🤞Hopefully it works out. QP made dinner and invited me over. I get nervous that we're hanging out too much but he insists he understands where I'm at (not trying to like get serious about anything or anyone right now), so I'll just hush and eat the damn meatballs. 

 

🚶‍♀️1 long walk in the rain

🙃Hollow-er tuck handstand hold attempts

🍝Homemade meatballs and fresh pasta 

 

Jogging 0/4

Pulls 0/3

Handstand 1/7

Flexibility 0/2 

Leg: 0/2 

 

I'm running today, tomorrow, Friday, and either Sat or Sunday. Chin-ups today, Thursday, and Saturday. Handstand class Friday again for sure and maybe again on Sunday. Team stretch on Wednesday and work yoga class on Thursday. My friend who is running the Zoom workouts is doing another on Wednesday and Saturday again. THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LOT, but it's gonna be good, I promise. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, raptron said:

This was my most physical week of quarantine yet, for sure. I actually felt REALLY GOOD and felt like I did enough for the first time since the gyms closed. My body was fatigued by the end of Sunday, but in that REALLY GOOD WAY that I didn't realize how much I missed until I felt it again. I first felt it after doing Friday's handstand class after my run -- like an audible deep sigh of "YOU SUCCESSFULLY CHALLENGED YOURSELF." I'm stoked.

Yaaay! I’m very happy for you, I miss this feeling so much!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, raptron said:

This was my most physical week of quarantine yet, for sure. I actually felt REALLY GOOD and felt like I did enough for the first time since the gyms closed. My body was fatigued by the end of Sunday, but in that REALLY GOOD WAY that I didn't realize how much I missed until I felt it again. I first felt it after doing Friday's handstand class after my run -- like an audible deep sigh of "YOU SUCCESSFULLY CHALLENGED YOURSELF." I'm stoked.

 

Ahhh this sounds great! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, raptron said:

QP made dinner and invited me over. I get nervous that we're hanging out too much but he insists he understands where I'm at (not trying to like get serious about anything or anyone right now), so I'll just hush and eat the damn meatballs.

 

As long as you've been clear about your expectations, I say enjoy the meatballs and let the rest go.

 

48 minutes ago, raptron said:

I'm running today, tomorrow, Friday, and either Sat or Sunday. Chin-ups today, Thursday, and Saturday. Handstand class Friday again for sure and maybe again on Sunday. Team stretch on Wednesday and work yoga class on Thursday. My friend who is running the Zoom workouts is doing another on Wednesday and Saturday again. THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LOT, but it's gonna be good, I promise.

 

If you've got the energy for all this, I say DO IT and be happy! Maybe you'll get that happily accomplished fatigue feeling again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, raptron said:

so I'll just hush and eat the damn meatballs. 

 

Me.  Trying to keep my 12 year old brain from saying anything.

Oh_6008c6_5349578.gif

 

I totally get that happy feeling from accomplishment.   That is 97% of what drives me to work out!  (Because the getting started is still, years into this routine, SO HARD.)     I get it from any thing I do though, so I try to remember how it will feel when I am done.   Hah.  I used to tell people that I would get a runners high, 20 minutes AFTER the run was over and I was back on my video games hah.

 

But yay!  So glad to see such a bright upswing!  :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 7:30 AM, raptron said:

My brain and body thought REALLY REALLY HARD and didn't move at all, hahah.

 

I'm glad to hear this is not just a me thing. This is currently me when I try to do headstands. The legs WILL. NOT. go. up. And I used to be able to do those so I dunno. I expect if I keep at it eventually they will one day actually move.  lolol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 9.2

Work was just "fine" I'll say. I'm feeling weirdly behind, which makes no sense, but I'm hoping to crank some more things out in the next couple of days. I went for a walk after my lunch calls.

 

After work, I suited up for a jog but was not feeling very good the entire time. My stomach got the rumblies and I had some very uncomfortable gastrointestinal cramping. I stopped early because I was not confident in my ability to not shit my pants if I continued running, tbh. I made an emergency stop in a random port-a-potty. 😬It was not my day. My running friends insist that this a Thing and that I'm a real runner now at least. I DO NOT FIND THAT COMFORTING, haha. I got home, showered, made dinner, and it was basically already time for D&D night 1 of 3 for the week. 

 

🚶‍♀️Lunchtime long walk

🏃‍♀️4.5 mile jog ~8:55/mi pace

🙃Straight body handstand holds (but not very many)

🐉Session 3 of the short Heist game I'm running for the NF folks -- they've cleared their escape route through the sewers, researched relevant tiger demon cults and how to care for baby griffins, and stocked up on useful magicks to have in hand. Next week, it's on! 

 

Jogging 1/4

Pulls 0/3

Handstand 2/7

Flexibility 0/2 

Leg: 0/2

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oof, that run sounds rough. Hope you're feeling better today.

 

Thanks again for DMing! The heist crew continues to be a blast and a highlight of my otherwise tedious weekdays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raptron said:

My running friends insist that this a Thing and that I'm a real runner now at least.

Congrats? 🤣

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, raptron said:

4.5 mile jog ~8:55/mi pace

Holy crap.   I mean, they say anything under 10m is a solid pace.  That's a really solid pace for a 'not a runner' who is suddenly runner because... omg nice!

 

4 hours ago, raptron said:

My running friends insist that this a Thing and that I'm a real runner now at least.

Ah, next thing you know, they'll talk about nipple wax to avoid those bloody nipple runs.

 

AccurateSentimentalCat-size_restricted.g

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, raptron said:

After work, I suited up for a jog but was not feeling very good the entire time. My stomach got the rumblies and I had some very uncomfortable gastrointestinal cramping. I stopped early because I was not confident in my ability to not shit my pants if I continued running, tbh. I made an emergency stop in a random port-a-potty. 😬It was not my day. My running friends insist that this a Thing and that I'm a real runner now at least.

It's happened to me more than once when I was "running" and often when I was walking or rucking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, raptron said:

After work, I suited up for a jog but was not feeling very good the entire time. My stomach got the rumblies and I had some very uncomfortable gastrointestinal cramping. I stopped early because I was not confident in my ability to not shit my pants if I continued running, tbh. I made an emergency stop in a random port-a-potty. 😬It was not my day. My running friends insist that this a Thing and that I'm a real runner now at least. I DO NOT FIND THAT COMFORTING, haha. I got home, showered, made dinner, and it was basically already time for D&D night 1 of 3 for the week. 


Hmmm. I must update my notes.

Running: Extra nope.

Baby griffons: Yes.
Relevant Tiger Demon Cults: Definitely. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, raptron said:

My running friends insist that this a Thing and that I'm a real runner now at least.

Well, you have also blown out a shoe on a run, which is also a thing, so... the evidence is starting to stack up that way... :D 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the real runner thing require a congrats or a condolence? 😅 

 

So awesome that the online classes are working to get those nice feels! 😊😊 does zoom work well? We’ve been using jitsi to avoid the hassle of making accounts, but I get quite a lot of screen freezes etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Ah, next thing you know, they'll talk about nipple wax to avoid those bloody nipple runs.

Hahah, the sportsbra seems to save me from that problem, but I have been using Trislide (which I have from hiking and rucking) on my arm pits to avoid chafing there already. 🙈

 

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

So awesome that the online classes are working to get those nice feels! 😊😊 does zoom work well? We’ve been using jitsi to avoid the hassle of making accounts, but I get quite a lot of screen freezes etc.

Zoom has been working really well on the platform side of things. My wifi isn't amazing, so sometimes I freeze up but everyone else seems fine! 

 

WFH Day 9.3

I virtually attended a conference for most of the day on Wednesday, so that was productive in a professional development way, but not productive at chipping away at the tasks I'm trying to finish up this week. I also feel like I need to schedule some time off again soon. My mind is just a bit gooey lately when it comes to trying to focus hard during work hours. 

 

I had planned to run yesterday but I just didn't manage my time well enough to get it in in addition to everything else. Plus, the trail running shoes I've used the past two runs are kind of heavy and I want to try out my new shoes that are supposed to come in today (Thursday) instead, so I pushed the jog back.

 

🚶‍♀️Two walks, neither as long as I would have wanted, but still out of the house

💪Chin-ups: 8, 7, 7, 5, 5

🦵HIIT workout via zoom, which was more upper body than lower, but my butt is sore so I'm counting it for lower body too 

🍪Traded some biscuits for oatmeal raisin cookies and some honey whiskey cream liqueur my friend made

🐉Underdark D&D session with the bois. Relatively low on hijinks except for the fact that the psionic spent his whole time in a hot bath, spying on the rest of the party telepathically while the kobold kept slipping questionable street meats in there. 

 

Here is me being a goof for anyone not normally on the gram:

I really don't think universities in Boston are going to reopen in the fall. Which means, we'll likely continue to be without our gymnastics training space. I have only really had that realization this morning and haven't given it much thought, but it practically puts us in the same situation we were in last summer when we thought our host gym was going to tear down the gymnastics facility. Sighhhhh. 😞

 

Jogging 1/4

Pulls 1/3

Handstand 3/7

Flexibility 1/2 

Leg: 1/2

 

New jog plan Thursday, Friday + Sunday. Last D&D session of the week tonight. Handstand class, lifting friends hang, and movie night call later on tomorrow. I think I registered for the 4:30 handstand class on Sunday again as well. I'm trying to drink beers outside with GC this weekend too. 🤞

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 10:11 AM, raptron said:

I'm running today, tomorrow, Friday, and either Sat or Sunday. Chin-ups today, Thursday, and Saturday. Handstand class Friday again for sure and maybe again on Sunday. Team stretch on Wednesday and work yoga class on Thursday. My friend who is running the Zoom workouts is doing another on Wednesday and Saturday again. THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LOT, but it's gonna be good, I promise. 

Sounds like a NORMAL raptron week TBH

 

On 5/13/2020 at 9:51 AM, raptron said:

After work, I suited up for a jog but was not feeling very good the entire time. My stomach got the rumblies and I had some very uncomfortable gastrointestinal cramping. I stopped early because I was not confident in my ability to not shit my pants if I continued running, tbh. I made an emergency stop in a random port-a-potty. 😬It was not my day. My running friends insist that this a Thing and that I'm a real runner now at least. I DO NOT FIND THAT COMFORTING, haha. I got home, showered, made dinner, and it was basically already time for D&D night 1 of 3 for the week. 

Continually amazed this is a thing that people do on purpose.

 

39 minutes ago, raptron said:

 

I really don't think universities in Boston are going to reopen in the fall. Which means, we'll likely continue to be without our gymnastics training space. I have only really had that realization this morning and haven't given it much thought, but it practically puts us in the same situation we were in last summer when we thought our host gym was going to tear down the gymnastics facility. Sighhhhh. 😞

 

The week our gymnastics class was supposed to start up again, our safer at home order was put in place. I feel your heartbreak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, overachievers... 

 

😝 Seriously though this is awesomeness. Your IG is one of my absolute favorites (and I spend A LOT of time on the IGs).

 

Now go keep making the rest of us look bad. 💪

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Sounds like a NORMAL raptron week TBH

CHASING NORMALCY OVER HERE!

 

21 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Continually amazed this is a thing that people do on purpose.

Loool, right?

21 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

The week our gymnastics class was supposed to start up again, our safer at home order was put in place. I feel your heartbreak.

Solidarity. 😭

 

7 hours ago, Machete said:

Ugh, overachievers... 

😝 Seriously though this is awesomeness. Your IG is one of my absolute favorites (and I spend A LOT of time on the IGs).

Now go keep making the rest of us look bad. 💪

 

Haha, thank youuu. And pshhhh. I'm not making anyone look bad. Everyone copes differently. 😝

 

WFH Day 9.4

Work was super productive, actually. I was doing a few things that didn't require great wifi, so I posted up on the porch for our lovely 70 degree sunny day -- finally starting to feel like May. I went on a walk in the morning with GC, walked around during lunch, and then did my run after work. My new shoes arrived, so I was excited to try them out.

 

Unfortunately, in the last mile or so, my knee was bothering me. I tried running a little different to see if I could alleviate it by adjusting my running form, but then the OTHER side of my knee decided it was going to hurt waaaay more than the original ache. 🙈 Sigh. I stopped a bit short of the 5.5 mi I wanted to finish at and tried to figure out what was wrong. I'm still not entirely sure because knees are apparently complicated? But I was able to walk and it started feeling a bit better as I did so. It didn't really swell up either, so that seems like a good thing. Either way, I will not be running today, giving a little break so hopefully it'll just calm down. I picked up my #treatyourself sushi dinner from a place that is doing omakase -- it was expensive but soooooo, so good. 🍣 Then, I showered and it was already time for D&D.

 

🏃‍♀️5.2 mile run ~ 9:10/mi

🚶‍♀️3 long walks

🧘‍♀️Easy lunchtime yoga

☀️Lots of porch time

🐉Bugbear D&D session killing ogres and zombies and stick monsters. 

 

Jogging 2/4

Pulls 1/3

Handstand 3/7

Flexibility 1/2 

Leg: 1/2

 

No running today but it's going to be nice again, so hopefully I'll walk a lot to get more movement in. Plus handstand class at 5:30 which won't be very knee-heavy. 👍

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome update!   I hear ya on the 'everyone copes differently'.   I've been feeling bad about commenting on successes I've had sometimes because I don't want to seem gloaty.   Mostly I just want to shower some good news and upbeat positivity!     I looooved the IG video!  I seriously smiled soooo big!  :D   You are an amazing goof and I love it.

 

Also, glad you paid heed to your knees complaints and have opted for some rest time for them.     Knees are SO complicated.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay for nice weather! :) 

I know this rehab exercise that in my experience works for 85% of the knee issues we see and if it doesn’t work it definitely won’t hurt.. so if it persists let me know if you want me to film it for you? 
(it works as an insta fix by realigning the hip joint and thus realigning the knee joint and thus making your cns happy and immediately stop sending pain signals)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 8:00 AM, raptron said:

Unfortunately, in the last mile or so, my knee was bothering me. I tried running a little different to see if I could alleviate it by adjusting my running form, but then the OTHER side of my knee decided it was going to hurt waaaay more than the original ache. 🙈 Sigh. I stopped a bit short of the 5.5 mi I wanted to finish at and tried to figure out what was wrong. I'm still not entirely sure because knees are apparently complicated? But I was able to walk and it started feeling a bit better as I did so. It didn't really swell up either, so that seems like a good thing. Either way, I will not be running today, giving a little break so hopefully it'll just calm down.

 

Knees are so troublesome. I wish I knew how to walk/run without them hurting. I'd like to be able to run. Anyway, I hope yours gets better soon and stays solid.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.