• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:44 PM, Starpuck said:

Awesome update!   I hear ya on the 'everyone copes differently'.   I've been feeling bad about commenting on successes I've had sometimes because I don't want to seem gloaty.   Mostly I just want to shower some good news and upbeat positivity!

Keep sharing that ish! 

On 5/15/2020 at 12:44 PM, Starpuck said:

I looooved the IG video!  I seriously smiled soooo big!  :D   You are an amazing goof and I love it.

Hahah, ty. 

On 5/15/2020 at 6:27 PM, KB Girl said:

I know this rehab exercise that in my experience works for 85% of the knee issues we see and if it doesn’t work it definitely won’t hurt.. so if it persists let me know if you want me to film it for you? 
(it works as an insta fix by realigning the hip joint and thus realigning the knee joint and thus making your cns happy and immediately stop sending pain signals)

Ooooooh, YES!!!! Please!

If that is not a big lift for you! I know you are a busy lady. 

On 5/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, Harriet said:

Knees are so troublesome. I wish I knew how to walk/run without them hurting. I'd like to be able to run. Anyway, I hope yours gets better soon and stays solid.

Maybe KB Girl's magic knee fixer will help both of us! 

• Like 1

WFH Day 9.5

It was a beautiful day. However, I had a childlike temper tantrum around 3 PM on my porch about ending work early but WHAT WAS THE POINT BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE I CAN GO DO ANYTHING NOW etc, etc, etc. I went for a 3 hour walk with a cloud over my head for the first half, ate some ice cream while I was out, and by the time I got back home, I felt a bit better. It did mean I missed the all-levels handstand class I was planning on joining, so I did a timed practice on my own, trying to actually do drills and things in a dedicated way.

My roommate and I ordered a really excellent dinner from an upscale restaurant that is doing takeout right now. The highlight, weirdly enough, were these beets in garlic yogurt with a savory pistachio crumble topping. Omg, they were amazing. 

🚶‍♀️3x walking, including one lonnnng walk for about 9 miles of walking total 

💪Neutral grip pull-ups: 7, 6, 5, 5, 5 

🧘‍♀️Some stretching, mostly pancake focused

🙃30 minutes of handstand practice to try to make up for missing handstand class

☎️ Video call with my lifting friends

🎥Movie night 

WFH Day 9.6

I woke up with a horribly weird strain/knot in my mid-trap on the side of my bad shoulder that referred to my sternum on that side as well? The back/trap element feels a lot like the issue I was in PT for a couple of years ago (and never really went away 🙃). So this is a sign that I should get back into doing those exercises. My knee was still feeling a bit weird from Thursday still, so I decided to postpone my run again and aim for Sunday instead. 

My overall attitude was still notttt good. But I did get to enjoy some great socialization, spend a lot of time outside, and eat more delicious food. I missed my friend's Zoom workout, so I promised him I'd do the exercises at some point, haha. I spent the majority of my day reading. 

🥐Picked up amazing french pastries for breakfast

🚶‍♀️2 long walks

🌳Park hangs with my two BFFs

☀️Reading in the sun in the backyard

💤Long, luxurious nap

📚Decided to put the non-fiction book I'm still reading on hold to delve into a fantasy novel and escape my ennui 

WFH Day 9.7

My knee seemed to be feeling pretty good, so I figured it was time try running again. I was too nervous to try running in the new shoes again (which I will probably return now) so I ran in my trail shoes. Knee felt way, way better! I've been getting some recurring, low-level pain in the inside/lower part of my knee, so there was a tiny bit of that, but nothing too bad and no sign of that insane pain I had on the outside of my knee Thursday and Friday. 🎊

I had been low-key incredibly nervous that I damaged something in a way that was going to prevent me from running all together for a few weeks. I'm very glad that was not the case. I was planning to attend the more advanced Sunday handstand class, but the slots were all full when I tried to sign up earlier in the week. So I did no handstands. Oops. I also skipped the pulls because my trap still feels terrible. 

🏃‍♀️Jogged 6.5 miles 

🚶‍♀️Went on a walk 

🍻Social distancing beers on my front stoop with a good friend

📚Finished the book from the day before (The Traitor Baru Cormorant) 

💤Went to bed early after eating half a paneer masala pizza by myself 

Jogging 3/3

Pulls 2/3

Handstand 5/5-7

Flexibility 2/2 

Leg: 1/2

After a really perfect week last week, I definitely stumbled here. My mood discouraged me from pursuing any kind of productivity this weekend, and I was a bit of a sulky baby. It's okay though -- this kind of weekend happens even when it hasn't been 9 weeks of spending 90% of my time in my room. I'm very okay with not having done a bunch of the things I said I was going to do. 🤷‍♀️I do feel a bit better going into this week. 

I am already signed up for Wednesday handstand class. 🤗I definitely am going to prioritize doing trap PT to try to get my left side feeling better before then. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, raptron said:

I had a childlike temper tantrum around 3 PM on my porch about ending work early but WHAT WAS THE POINT BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE I CAN GO DO ANYTHING NOW etc, etc, etc.

Oh boy, I have had this tantrum several times in the last couple months.

33 minutes ago, raptron said:

My roommate and I ordered a really excellent dinner from an upscale restaurant that is doing takeout right now. The highlight, weirdly enough, were these beets in garlic yogurt with a savory pistachio crumble topping. Omg, they were amazing.

This sounds SO good.

35 minutes ago, raptron said:

After a really perfect week last week, I definitely stumbled here. My mood discouraged me from pursuing any kind of productivity this weekend, and I was a bit of a sulky baby. It's okay though -- this kind of weekend happens even when it hasn't been 9 weeks of spending 90% of my time in my room. I'm very okay with not having done a bunch of the things I said I was going to do. 🤷‍♀️I do feel a bit better going into this week.

I guess you're human after all? 😋 I'm glad you're not beating yourself up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raptron said:

It was a beautiful day. However, I had a childlike temper tantrum around 3 PM on my porch about ending work early but WHAT WAS THE POINT BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE I CAN GO DO ANYTHING NOW etc, etc, etc.

Been there done that. Glad ice cream helped! 😄

Those beets sound amaaaazing.

Why is it that there's always some body part that needs to niggle? If not the knee then the shoulder then the...

You, doing all the things.  Lookit you!

giphy.gif

You are dooooing sooo much stuff.   Even if you had a tantrum.  (We've all been there, for reals.)  You still did stuff and endured through it.  That's awesome. 

Also... sorry / not sorry. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, starsapart said:

Oh boy, I have had this tantrum several times in the last couple months.

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Been there done that. Glad ice cream helped! 😄

18 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Even if you had a tantrum.  (We've all been there, for reals.) 

Nothing like a rerun tanrum. Hahah.

23 hours ago, starsapart said:

I guess you're human after all? 😋 I'm glad you're not beating yourself up.

So very human despite my best efforts. 😝

20 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

I am so glad your knee thing seems to be less major than feared!

Thank you!!!

Those beets sound amaaaazing.

SO GOOD.

Why is it that there's always some body part that needs to niggle? If not the knee then the shoulder then the...

IT IS A CONSPIRACY.

18 hours ago, Starpuck said:

giphy.gif

COMING FOR ME IN GIFS NOW?!?! 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

WFH Day 10.1

It's week 10? Yeesh. Our state announced their phased reopening plan yesterday. Starting next Monday, labs, salons, groomers, parks, and beaches are open again (with yet unspecified restrictions though uhhh lol, who is going to be enforcing them exactly?) but otherwise, the recommendations are the same as they have been -- stay home, wash your hands, wear your masks, etc. Some offices are going to consider opening again and retail with curbside pick-up/remote fulfillment can open again. There aren't any dates on the other phases and everything is contingent on adding even more robust testing and tracing. Sooo, we shall see. My office has started putting out feelers to see who wants to or "needs" to come in.

My work productivity was middling. 🤷‍♀️

🚶‍♀️2 walks

🥯Picked up delicious bagels from a local spot

🏃‍♀️2 mile jog on the new shoes -- just to confirm that they were the problem. They ARE the problem and they are going back today, haha.

☎️Long chat with my mom

🍝 Dinner and hangs with QP

Jogging 1/4

Pulls 0/3

Handstand 0/5-7

Flexibility 0/2 

Leg: 0/2

I plan to jog tomorrow, Thursday, and Saturday. Pull-ups again pend on when my trap decides to CALM THE F DOWN. I'm hoping it feels okay enough for handstand class tomorrow evening. I have D&D tonight, Wednesday, and Thursday, though I am considering postponing Wednesday's to next week because I haven't quite revived my vim yet. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, raptron said:

Dinner and hangs with QP

I read that as dinner and hostages... 

I'm not sure where that came from.  *gulp*

What shoes you running with?    My go to is Brooks Adrenaline - but I've had a bunch  of surgery on my left great toe/foot so my feet are jacked.  Haha, nothing like having to spend $130 on every pair of shoes you buy!  >.<

22 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I read that as dinner and hostages... 

I'm not sure where that came from.  *gulp*

Hahaha. "You can't leave until you make more meatballs."

22 hours ago, Starpuck said:

What shoes you running with?    My go to is Brooks Adrenaline - but I've had a bunch  of surgery on my left great toe/foot so my feet are jacked.  Haha, nothing like having to spend $130 on every pair of shoes you buy!  >.<

I have been running in minimalist cross trainers pretty much any time I've ever tried running as an adult. This was my first attempt to switch to a real running shoe, so I tried the New Balance FuelCell Rebel, which seemed like a gentle attempt to transition to something still lightweight that also has cushion. They're definitely more cushion-y, but the foam was messing with my proprioception and the stack height made me more likely to turn my very easy-to-turn, sprain-prone ankles. I'm going to go back to low-to-the-ground shoes. I ordered another pair of Inov-8 crosstrainers to try to replace the ones I had before, but they're too small.

So now, I've ordered some Topo ST-3s that hopefully will fit the bill. IF ONLY THERE WERE SOME WAY TO DO THIS WHERE I COULD LIKE GO INTO A PHYSICAL LOCATION AND TRY ON DIFFERENT SHOES AND SEE HOW THEY FEEL BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE. 😝

But that's illegal. Shoe shopping in the time of COVID, lol.

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Kee8CAG.gif

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Please tell me more about handstand class.

HELLO! The all levels one is available to everyone and a recommended $10 donation! It runs on Tuesdays (!!!! which are suddenly ope now) at 8:00 pm and Fridays at 5:30 pm EST. The person running it is mostly a circus acro type. Her instagram is @thetallflyer if you want to find her. I've only been to two of her classes, but it was lot of on the ground bodyshaping work with cues, holds against the wall, holds with other pieces of furniture, some ab/hip flexor conditioning, etc. They're relatively small so she can also sometimes call out specific corrections per person because everyone keeps their video on. 

• Like 6

Day 10.2

Work was half good, but half swapping between a bunch of half finished projects and not committing to finishing any of them. My focus is so shot lately. Three day weekend coming up! I'm also going to try to plan some additional days off in the coming weeks because yeesh, I'm losing it.

🚶‍♀️2 walks, not as long as I'd like

🙃Attempted some handstands -- they don't bother my trap too much, but I still don't think I should do handstand class on Wednesday

🍕Ate a bunch more paneer masala pizza

📞Long chat with my mom -- SHE CALLED ME OUT FOR NOT PUTTING ANY WORKOUTS POSTS ON MY INSTAGRAM STORY LATELY. Rude, mother. 

🐉Wrapped the NF Heist D&D game! Our wily players did so much upfront work (and my NPC rolls were not very perceptive) that they were able to smoothly slip through the security measures and steal their prize. Deftly side-stepping the elaborate magical security system run by a burly mustachioed gnome wizard, they ran into the most trouble with a simple slimy pit trap. 

SIDE NOTE: HOW CUTE IS BABY CAYENNE?

299447713284211.png?type=webp&to=min&r=6

Jogging 1/4

Pulls 0/3

Handstand 1/5-7

Flexibility 0/2 

I'll jog today and tomorrow in my trail shoes (they work ok, they're just heavier and one of my toes rubs a little). I've got to do some prep for tonight's D&D game, but hope I'll be able to join my friend's HIIT Zoom workout after my run. I also have acquired rhubarb, so anticipate seeing some spring baking goods! 

• Like 7

Just now, raptron said:

tbh, even Zilvace's cold heart was touched and she kind of wanted to keep her.

It was a ton of fun!  Still mad at that pit trap for spoiling our flawless victory 😂

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, raptron said:

they ran into the most trouble with a simple slimy pit trap. 

It was slippery, OK?

57 minutes ago, raptron said:

Nice!  I couldn't see well on the tiny token

1 hour ago, raptron said:

I ordered another pair of Inov-8 crosstrainers

When I was trying out zero drop runners I looked at Inov-8 but I didn't like the fit as well as Altra so I got those instead and I have been quite happy with them

• Like 1

I STILL WANT TO HUG BABY CAYENNE!  Also I am still giggling imagining the wizard guy to look like a gnome-y Hulk Hogan.

ALso ugggggh I have totally managed to injure myself trying non zero drops when my legs were used to zero drop shoes. I LOVE my old Merril trail running gloves (and run all over in them not just trails) but they majorly changed the design of their shoes to be less glove like so I am kind of at a I have no idea what to buy once these die point. The sturdier ones with a strike plate so it doesn't feel like I am being stabbed by rocks if I step on uneven terrain was nice. I may just end up buying some of their newer ones in the long run and dealing with the fact that they are a bit bulkier than I'd like. Any vivobarefoot trainers I've purchased the soles are now falling apart on me (like, not from overuse they just fell apart from I guess the plastic they use wearing out?) SO I don't recommend them.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, starsapart said:

It was a ton of fun!  Still mad at that pit trap for spoiling our flawless victory 😂

21 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It was slippery, OK? Nice!  I couldn't see well on the tiny token

I STILL WANT TO HUG BABY CAYENNE!  Also I am still giggling imagining the wizard guy to look like a gnome-y Hulk Hogan.

Thank you guys for playing! You were a great group. 🤗

21 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

When I was trying out zero drop runners I looked at Inov-8 but I didn't like the fit as well as Altra so I got those instead and I have been quite happy with them

I have also been eyeing a few Altra options but I hopefully this next set will be the ones. 

ALso ugggggh I have totally managed to injure myself trying non zero drops when my legs were used to zero drop shoes. I LOVE my old Merril trail running gloves (and run all over in them not just trails) but they majorly changed the design of their shoes to be less glove like so I am kind of at a I have no idea what to buy once these die point. The sturdier ones with a strike plate so it doesn't feel like I am being stabbed by rocks if I step on uneven terrain was nice. I may just end up buying some of their newer ones in the long run and dealing with the fact that they are a bit bulkier than I'd like. Any vivobarefoot trainers I've purchased the soles are now falling apart on me (like, not from overuse they just fell apart from I guess the plastic they use wearing out?) SO I don't recommend them.

Switching shoes is SO very hard. Shoe manufacturers always seem to have discontinued the ones I like and/or totally redesigned them by the time I'm looking for a new pair. It's so frustrating, haha. 

• Like 4

giphy.gif

Day 10.3

This day was better than the last few, for sure. I think I've shaken some of my apathy. I didn't even have a random lie-down in the mid-afternoon for no discernible reason this time! My walk with GC was entirely talking about freakin' COVID, which is not my preferred subject at the moment but easy to slip into, especially as a lot of folks are changing their behavior as a result of the announcements about phasing. We agreed that we should drink porch beers and talk about ANYTHING else next time. My friend cancelled the Zoom workout and I meant to do more after my run, but I had some prep-work to do for the night's game + picking up Thai food because I have no vegetables at all right now. 

🚶‍♀️3 walks

🏃‍♀️Jogged 5.4 miles at ~8:47 -- I had a weird stride breakthrough during the last mile and a half where I thought about using my posterior chain and going FORWARD instead of up and down and my pace dropped to just under 8 minutes/mile which is uh HUGE if I can actually consistently replicate that 🤔

💪Chin-ups: 6, 5, 5, 5 

🐉D&D. We had a shorter session. I was ready for them to break out into the nearby area and roll into some encounters, but they decided to do more information gathering, so I rewarded them by giving them a scout guide and having a classic fantasy novel experience of getting paired with mounts -- in this case, somewhat horrifying giant spiders to ride (steeders) since they're pretending to be inspectors sent from the local duergar Warlord who runs the region and the mine they're in. I made them give their mounts names, of course. 

Jogging 2/4

Pulls 1/3

Handstand 2/5

Flexibility 0/2 

Jogging again today. I WILL DO some kind of strength stuff in the day for my little old leggies. Plus, I did sign up for a flexibility class that I hopefully won't bail on tonight but the weather is going to be SOOOO NICE, I don't know if I'll want to be inside. Last day of D&D too. 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, raptron said:

I rewarded them by giving them a scout guide and having a classic fantasy novel experience of getting paired with mounts -- in this case, somewhat horrifying giant spiders to ride (steeders) since they're pretending to be inspectors sent from the local duergar Warlord who runs the region and the mine they're in. I made them give their mounts names, of course.

This sounds amazing.

6 hours ago, raptron said:

Plus, I did sign up for a flexibility class that I hopefully won't bail on tonight but the weather is going to be SOOOO NICE, I don't know if I'll want to be inside.

Solution: take your computer outside and take class on the lawn?

Have I mentioned that I have a mad creativity crush on your D&D world building?

Also, I feel you on the tantrum - I’m having a bad case of the “I don’t wanna”s with lots of things lately.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:36 AM, raptron said:

HELLO! The all levels one is available to everyone and a recommended $10 donation! It runs on Tuesdays (!!!! which are suddenly ope now) at 8:00 pm and Fridays at 5:30 pm EST. The person running it is mostly a circus acro type. Her instagram is @thetallflyer if you want to find her. I've only been to two of her classes, but it was lot of on the ground bodyshaping work with cues, holds against the wall, holds with other pieces of furniture, some ab/hip flexor conditioning, etc. They're relatively small so she can also sometimes call out specific corrections per person because everyone keeps their video on. 

Thank you, I might try this :) 

17 hours ago, starsapart said:

Solution: take your computer outside and take class on the lawn?

I live on the 3rd floor and my wifi has trouble reaching my porch. I think the yard may be a tad out of range, hehe. I may put up some money to make my phone hotspot-enabled and try that out though. The yard gets a lot more sun than our porch so it would be nice to work down there and maybe I could get the connection okay enough to stream these workout classes. 😄

16 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Have I mentioned that I have a mad creativity crush on your D&D world building?

AW SHUCKS. Thanks, friend. 🥰

16 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Also, I feel you on the tantrum - I’m having a bad case of the “I don’t wanna”s with lots of things lately.

IT IS SO HARD. I think I've come through this round of it at least. 

15 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Thank you, I might try this :) 

Let me know how it goes if you do! I like the instructor. :) 

• Like 1

Day 10.4

Good work day! I got a bunch done. I worked on a project that I kind of started on a couple of months ago but had to put on hold, had a call that I expected to be like "hey why haven't you done this yet?" was actually a "oh, you've already been thinking about this? nice." Sorry that I have work updates in here -- I never did before but like... I DON'T HAVE A WHOLE LOT ELSE TO TALK ABOUT THESE DAYS, ha. After work, I went on my jog; had a long walk; ate a picnic dinner outside of chicken salad, pretzel crisps, carrots, and grapes; and drank aperol spritzes with my bestie. I was supposed to have D&D but two folks had to bail, so we played Terraria instead to check out the new update. I hadn't played since 2015, lol, but we were up until 1 playing.

🏃‍♀️Jogged a not very good feeling 4.5 miles at ~9:30/min this time

🚶‍♀️Nice long walk outside

🦞Got slightly sunburned somehow, oops

🙃Tuck handstand hold practice midday

🧘‍♀️Stretching session outside before picnic dinner (instead of flexy class)

🌳Terraria with the homies

Jogging 3/4

Pulls 1/3

Handstand 3/5

Flexibility 1/2 

I did not do the legs. Dang it. I must do the legs today! 

• Like 9

Like seriously, I feel like I would have so much fun if I just slipped nonchalantly into your circle.   D&D, picnics, all the things fitness, video games, silliness.   You are amazing. :)    Porch beers sound lovely.   I might have to drive out to porch socialize with my one friend this weekend if the schedules align!

• Like 1