• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

Juice Bar - Rebels Hangout

42 minutes ago, Chesire said:

Seems a good place to share:  I was doing assisted pull-ups in my backyard yesterday and a little girl, about 3yo, saw me over the fence.  I heard her exclaim "how is a girl doing that?"  I hope she decides she can do them some day.

Damn, the brainwashing really starts early hey? The little one probably CAN do a pull-up since she probably weighs close to nothing! I hope she decides she can someday too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

Interesting! Definetly not something I think about, but that makes sense and I'm interested in knowing more!

1 hour ago, Lateral Planet said:

Dude... I've been an editor/typist for five years and I've never even thought about that! Time to do some long-overdue maintenance!

In traditional yoga the various hand poses have symbolic value and are done for a lot of other reasons than "only" stretching and strengthening the hands. Yoga with Adrienne has a short video that I use. It's working, so I haven't bothered branching out. :) 

https://yogawithadriene.com/11-minute-yoga-quickie-hands-fingers-wrists/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chesire said:

Seems a good place to share:  I was doing assisted pull-ups in my backyard yesterday and a little girl, about 3yo, saw me over the fence.  I heard her exclaim "how is a girl doing that?"  I hope she decides she can do them some day.

nrSHR7c.gif

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Stonie said:

Damn, the brainwashing really starts early hey? The little one probably CAN do a pull-up since she probably weighs close to nothing! I hope she decides she can someday too.

If her dad is who I think he is, he may have distinct ideas about gender roles and may discourage her from such things.  😖  He's a loud man.  I hear a lot of is notions.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chesire said:

If her dad is who I think he is, he may have distinct ideas about gender roles and may discourage her from such things.  😖  He's a loud man.  I hear a lot of is notions.

Damn that sucks. both you having to listen to him and her having to live with him. Maybe if she keeps seeing you do cool things she won’t take all his outdated societal expectations to heart!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stonie said:

Damn that sucks. both you having to listen to him and her having to live with him. Maybe if she keeps seeing you do cool things she won’t take all his outdated societal expectations to heart!

Don't go telling my dastardly plan to too many people!

• Haha 3
  • That's Metal 1

59 minutes ago, Chesire said:

How all great revolutions are born:

"My dad told me girls can't do that. I just saw a girl do that. What else is he wrong about?"

• Like 6

Hello! I'm Nianjufe, and I've been hanging around the forums since last November...ish. I've had to give up on last challenge and this current one because my quaranbrain took over my regular brain and I am slow to adjust. I will however, be trying to post to my Saga semi regularly. It's nice to see so many familiar faces, and some new ones too!

It's hard to gauge the nerdiness of things, but I'm a huge fan of 1970's era pictionary! Much to the dismay of several of my friends....and yes, we've played it over zoom and it was awful :)

Here's my gif (feel free to show it to any nearby aspiring rebels.....or project it on your house)

giphy.gif

• Like 6

1 minute ago, nianjufe said:

Here's my gif (feel free to show it to any nearby aspiring rebels.....or project it on your house)

That gif is awesome because of the two guys in the back and how excited they are that she makes the lift. Warrior solidarity. 🤘

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

1 minute ago, Scalyfreak said:

That gif is awesome because of the two guys in the back and how excited they are that she makes the lift. Warrior solidarity. 🤘

Indeed! That's what I love most about it, gender doesn't matter only the bonds of mutual appreciation and effort.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nianjufe said:

That. Is. Awesome.  And same about the guys in back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

Also because of how safely Mr. Super-Excited-In-Front put down the barbell.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Right?! I was fully expecting him to fling it across the room or something but now. But no. Controlled AF. 

Great GIF!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Very true and very good point. That's some serious muscle memory at work.

• Like 4

Hey all! Latrop here. I was tired of doing random workouts and hoping it was working so I came to nerdfitness for guidance. Then I met the community and saw all the nerdiness and decided I was staying.

What makes me a nerd you ask? Well I'm not a video game nerd. And I'm not an anime nerd. I'm a problem solving nerd. I even found a job where I walk into a company, ask them a bazillion questions, and then help them solve their biggest problems. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Latrop said:

I'm a problem solving nerd. I even found a job where I walk into a company, ask them a bazillion questions, and then help them solve their biggest problems. 

I really tried, but the temptation to post this was just too overwhelming:

Oh, and welcome to the Rebellion!

• Haha 3

Hey all I am Rookie.

I am the resident horse lover, art do-er, attempting to be an adult person.

Something nerdy about me.. I am trying to teach my horse to side step over a pole on the ground because that is one of the obstacles in working equitation. Which I think is pretty neat. Carrots help as a bribe :P 

Lost In The West Riding A Horse GIF by Nickelodeon - Find & Share ...

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I am the resident horse lover, art do-er, attempting to be an adult person.

We're all trying to do that last part. ;)

Is that your horse in your avatar picture?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

We're all trying to do that last part. ;)

One day lol. Or not.

16 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Is that your horse in your avatar picture?

Yes ^_^ I lease her ❤️ So I don't own her.. but I pretty much do until the owners take her back. Shes my heart and soul ❤️ 

Spoiler

68580342_2445217582465332_232452464807247872_n.jpg.ea868d3b95111d7ba4294859d5d117b8.jpg20190818_132446.thumb.jpg.bae3d711138946debf3e5a62dc710070.jpg

• Like 4