• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck Persists Gloriously

I love your challenge tracker, it's so simple and clean looking. It also makes me want to play tetris :lol:

Well done on the exercise, consistency for the win!

• Like 1

Hey how are you? Hope all is well with you. 

Im in the UK, unsure what I can and cant do right now, the government is so pathetic here. 

I actually have had the virus, (6/7 weeks ago) it was absolutely horrendous. I wish i knew if i was immune or not now!!!! xx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

And this is what my work wife left for me this week (snce we are alternating) weeks in.

A love note, an incredibly soft panda, a twix, a candle scented like the beach and ....

light up light saber chopsticks.   ❤️     (Another Asian trend in this post hmmmm.)

Love your tracker! That exercise streak is badass. 

Important question: what color are the lightsaber chopsticks? :P But really that's super sweet of your work wife and I'm sure it was a great surprise to walk into work and see. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jarric said:

I love your challenge tracker, it's so simple and clean looking. It also makes me want to play tetris :lol:

Well done on the exercise, consistency for the win!

Oooh Tetris, Yes hahah.  Now I am tempted to fill the lines in with tetris shapes to the colors ;)   I've decided I'll leave the tracker out on my side shelf so I can fill in boxes every night.

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey how are you? Hope all is well with you. 

Im in the UK, unsure what I can and cant do right now, the government is so pathetic here. 
I actually have had the virus, (6/7 weeks ago) it was absolutely horrendous. I wish i knew if i was immune or not now!!!! xx

Hey hey!  Doing well here.  Holy smokes!  Glad you got over it at least!   I think most governments don't know what to do.  I often feel bad for those having to make decisions.  In our times, they will always be damned if you do, damned if you don't.   Too much info and not info knowledge all at once creates a disaster for decision making.   Hopefully things will smooth out in due time. 

2 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Love your tracker! That exercise streak is badass. 

Important question: what color are the lightsaber chopsticks? :P But really that's super sweet of your work wife and I'm sure it was a great surprise to walk into work and see. 

It came with two sets of sabers!  One green pair.  One red pair.   I am definitely more of a blue saber person.  Or yellow.  (That's the color I was training for when I was in a super RP heavy/strict Jedi guild on SWTOR.)   Man good times good times.

Today's Update - Oh hey, Proper Day 1 (For us old school Monday starters.)

• Work was fine - though I forgot three things from my grocery run, on two different trips.  >.<   Thankfully, I have hummus at home which I will just take with tomorrow.
  • I did a strength work out at work.  I REALLY hate door pull ups.   I felt very weak today- I slept poorly last night, so that could explain it.  Couldn't fall asleep because I was all hype from D&D.   So I kept it short at 30 minutes and just 3 circuits of Pull Ups, Goblet Squats, DB Bench Press and Lying Leg Lifts.  It's fine.
  • I played Northgard with my Conquest buddy and we beat the mission today.   They really skewed things with the late April "balancing" patch. Oof.
  • Then I did about an hour of art.
  • Face washed and stuff (Not tracking, but look I did it without it being a goal!)
  • Now a chapter of my book before sleeps.

I was super jacked from D&D, because my halfling necromancer, Daisy Huckleberry, had her attention grabbed by a crystal whistle shaped like a dragon coiled like a snail.   My DM said, "You think you've seen a picture of that somewhere."         I should mention, our cleric had to 'turn undead' to get this door to open because it said:  Rebuke the dead.  Clear the way.    Inside were four sarcophagus and someone sensed undead.    Well, she was very excited and inquisitive, so she went up to look at it.   A mediocre arcana check told her it was something she'd read about before, but she couldn't recall the name.   So of course she picked it up and turned to the group and said, "I know what this is!  I just can't think of th---" ... OH CRAP ALL THE SARCOPHAGUS JUST OPENED!  

It was a harrowing fight.   And the grumpy human ranger wants her to ask permission before she touches anything ever again. 

Sheez!  All she did was pick up a whistle off a table!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Your trackers have always been so organized and cool! Also I'm glad your work wife had gifts! You should prepare something for her to show appreciation!

And I laughed at your DnD story because something VERY similar happened to our party!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

And the grumpy human ranger wants her to ask permission before she touches anything ever again. 

Pah! Silly boring humans :lol:

• Like 1

I love your tracker. I've been looking for one online, too, but ultimately made my own. Besides, I find it more fun and satisfying to color it in as I go. I actually have several different tracking charts around the house. It's kind of ridiculous.

9 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I was super jacked from D&D, because my halfling necromancer, Daisy Huckleberry, had her attention grabbed by a crystal whistle shaped like a dragon coiled like a snail.   My DM said, "You think you've seen a picture of that somewhere."         I should mention, our cleric had to 'turn undead' to get this door to open because it said:  Rebuke the dead.  Clear the way.    Inside were four sarcophagus and someone sensed undead.    Well, she was very excited and inquisitive, so she went up to look at it.   A mediocre arcana check told her it was something she'd read about before, but she couldn't recall the name.   So of course she picked it up and turned to the group and said, "I know what this is!  I just can't think of th---" ... OH CRAP ALL THE SARCOPHAGUS JUST OPENED!  

It was a harrowing fight.   And the grumpy human ranger wants her to ask permission before she touches anything ever again. 

I Understand Girl GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY 

I don't know the first thing about D&D and none of that made any sense and that makes me sad. I have been running with the wrong crowd all my life. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

(That's the color I was training for when I was in a super RP heavy/strict Jedi guild on SWTOR.)   Man good times good times.

Ah SWTOR :) I never played actively enough to be in the super strict RP guilds (I kinda just like to solo through main story and get super attached to BioWare Characters). 

Love the D&D story 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chickie.monkey said:

I don't know the first thing about D&D and none of that made any sense and that makes me sad.

This can be fixed!!  *evil grin* 

11 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Your trackers have always been so organized and cool! Also I'm glad your work wife had gifts! You should prepare something for her to show appreciation!
And I laughed at your DnD story because something VERY similar happened to our party!

Thanks Red!    I had actually left her a stash of presents the week before.   Some specialty coffee, 2 hand lotions, a bottle of peach hand sanitizer and some Fitbit Covers. :D

Yes!  The D&D was so fun.   I like it more when things go wrong usually.  And then of course, those rare moments when you decide to be epic and your dice play along with that plan!  THE BEST!

6 hours ago, Jarric said:

Pah! Silly boring humans :lol:

Right?   Pfft.   Halfling to Human: "Can't stop what you can't see.    And I'm little and out of your usual field of vision bwuahaha!"

13 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Ah SWTOR :) I never played actively enough to be in the super strict RP guilds (I kinda just like to solo through main story and get super attached to BioWare Characters).
Love the D&D story 

Mmmm Bioware Characters.  Mmmm yeah.     Ahem.   Still need to print this on a t-shirt.

b575570eb7977e883b948e930cd93cb5.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I REALLY hate door pull ups

I can relate.

I liked the D&D story also.  Some day I'll get a group going.  🙂

Keep up the good work, you're doing great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

"Can't stop what you can't see. 

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee :D

6 hours ago, chickie.monkey said:

I have been running with the wrong crowd all my life. 

IKR? the only reason I meet my type of nerdy people is because I'm constantly dropping feelers, hints, (smoke) signals, and "courting" anyone that seems fun in my environment. I'm like a bard for potential friendships. :DAND STILL I have been going online (thank goodness for the internet) to get some wholesome interaction with people since... I believe 2010.

15 hours ago, Starpuck said:

It came with two sets of sabers!  One green pair.  One red pair.   I am definitely more of a blue saber person.  Or yellow.  (That's the color I was training for when I was in a super RP heavy/strict Jedi guild on SWTOR.)   Man good times good times.

Awesome! I played SWTOR for a while as well. I have been eyeing it again lately but it will have to wait until after my thesis :D

I liked messing with the system, constantly going for a balance (for a sort of "Grey" Jedi or Sith)

Today's Update - Oh hey, Proper Day 1

Sorry to hear you slept poorly, glad to hear it was mostly because of DnD hype :)

• Like 2

I like it more when things go wrong usually.  And then of course, those rare moments when you decide to be epic and your dice play along with that plan!  THE BEST!

Haha, yes!  The best times are had when things are going either amazingly well or horrendously wrong :D 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Starpuck said:

This can be fixed!!  *evil grin* 

Bwahahaha! 

On a different nerdy topic, I don't know if you follow Katee Sackhoff on any of the socials, but she did a video on how she trains for her roles. Being that we bonded over our mutual love of the Starbuck, I thought I'd share this in case you haven't seen it. It's freaking fascinating.

https://youtu.be/BkU3MuRauqc

17 hours ago, analoggirl said:

IKR? the only reason I meet my type of nerdy people is because I'm constantly dropping feelers, hints, (smoke) signals, and "courting" anyone that seems fun in my environment. I'm like a bard for potential friendships. :DAND STILL I have been going online (thank goodness for the internet) to get some wholesome interaction with people since... I believe 2010.

I have said since <mumbles under breath so as not to date myself> if it wasn't for the interwebs, I would have no friends! :D 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chickie.monkey said:

Ihave said since <mumbles under breath so as not to date myself> if it wasn't for the interwebs, I would have no friends!

Saaaame 😛 

And to hell with not dating ourselves! (Insert pun about self-love here lol) You've earned each year on the counter!

I am looking forward to having more years under my belt, too. Means more experience+ people taking me more seriously. Being a 5'2" woman with a baby face isn't very practical when you want to make a professional impression haha. (Of course what comes out of your mouth matters but yeah.) :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I can relate.

I liked the D&D story also.  Some day I'll get a group going.  🙂

Keep up the good work, you're doing great!

Woot, thanks.     Given your smooth voice in your blogs, I bet you'd be an awesome GM!  

18 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee :D

Awesome! I played SWTOR for a while as well. I have been eyeing it again lately but it will have to wait until after my thesis :D

I liked messing with the system, constantly going for a balance (for a sort of "Grey" Jedi or Sith)

Sorry to hear you slept poorly, glad to hear it was mostly because of DnD hype :)

I totally get that 'oh new person' excitement thing when I find people that seem fun or have an obsession that I also have!  LOL.  I must seem like a super hype puppy that just realized they can have doggy play dates!   (Hope I don't scare people off hah.)       

I too am Grey Jedi.   It was something I really hoped the final trilogy would strive for,  but eh... wasn't my story!  LOL.   SWTOR did have good stories too!    I went back a few years ago, and it was still fun, even looking a bit dated.

10 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

I like the tracker!!

Thaaanks!   Simple, but gets the job done.

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Haha, yes!  The best times are had when things are going either amazingly well or horrendously wrong :D 

This is what makes D&D so great!   I'm so excited to cast animate dead with that whistle next week!!    

33 minutes ago, chickie.monkey said:

Bwahahaha! 

On a different nerdy topic, I don't know if you follow Katee Sackhoff on any of the socials, but she did a video on how she trains for her roles. Being that we bonded over our mutual love of the Starbuck, I thought I'd share this in case you haven't seen it. It's freaking fascinating.

https://youtu.be/BkU3MuRauqc

I have said since <mumbles under breath so as not to date myself> if it wasn't for the interwebs, I would have no friends! :D

OMG OMG KATEE.   ❤️ *whimper*  ❤️  Looooove!  Thank you!  I am totally watching that today!     Also,  as an avid interneter for omg, going on 26 years, INTERNET FRIENDS ARE REAL FRIENDS!  (Which I know, we all know, but still.)

2 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

Saaaame 😛 

And to hell with not dating ourselves! (Insert pun about self-love here lol) You've earned each year on the counter!

I am looking forward to having more years under my belt, too. Means more experience+ people taking me more seriously. Being a 5'2" woman with a baby face isn't very practical when you want to make a professional impression haha. (Of course what comes out of your mouth matters but yeah.) :)

Hah, I am also 5'2" and while not baby faced anymore.  People tell me I am still hip young adult faced!  LOL.     At my 40th birthday, people were like 'OH Starpuck you're 40!'  And I was like YEAH!  I CAN GET MY EPIC MOUNT NOW! :D   (World of Warcraft reference.)

• Like 5

A LATE DAY 2 UPDATE - and a side of today's panic.

Screw the update .... this is more important.  GUYS!  My gaming rig at home fritzed this morning!  It's brand new, not even 2 years old, but my display went out and won't come back!   I work in the office this week, so I had to leave to go to work and I have some other trouble shooting to do, but omg ... this is serious!     All my D&D games, my Video Games.   My youtube vids and goals, my art goals, my BeatSaber!!  Everything is tied to that computer working!

200.gif

- I run dual monitors, and neither monitor works.   I unplugged and plugged back in all the display port cables and HDMI cables.  Even swapped them around.  

- The PC is ON.  All lights, fans, and the thrum of power is heard when the displays go to black screen / no signal.

- The GPU is on, with lights, fans and power....

- The next step is to reseat the GPU but I didn't have time this morning.      Ugh.

- I've googled other common problems, and ... dirty RAM is one of them?  So I might have to try that tonight.

- I wish I was working from home today, so that I could troubleshoot and fix this between work foo, but I have to sit here all day, wondering if I will get a working PC by the time I am supposed to game with my peeps tonight or not. :(

Bleh!  This sucks.

::Okay.   Yesterday's Update::

- Did a 2 mile run at lunch since it was nice out, and did 10 minutes of lower body stretching afterward.   

- Also played 40 minutes of Beat Saber after work, had a good run of it, and no side effects this time around.

- Got about an hours worth of art in, but only managed to get eyes finished and start painting the flats.

- Food and previous habits remain in shape.

- I slept poorly again.  Hard time falling asleep, then lots of dreams and tossing and turning.   The night prior, I had done really well so I thought the art/reading before bed solved my issue of too much game hype.

Huh that's all I got.  Obviously my brain is super distracted with the Gaming PC woes.     *whimper*

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

11 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

dirty RAM is one of them?

It must be those websites you visit... 😜 

You'll get it figured out, I have faith in you. Just don't let it ruin your day

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I totally get that 'oh new person' excitement thing when I find people that seem fun or have an obsession that I also have!  LOL.  I must seem like a super hype puppy that just realized they can have doggy play dates!   (Hope I don't scare people off hah.)      

Hahaha, nooo I get it!

I too am Grey Jedi.   It was something I really hoped the final trilogy would strive for,  but eh... wasn't my story!  LOL.   SWTOR did have good stories too!    I went back a few years ago, and it was still fun, even looking a bit dated.

That IS unfortunate, but yeah. Whatever there is! 

Bleh!  This sucks.

Hope this works out!!

Hah, I am also 5'2" and while not baby faced anymore.  People tell me I am still hip young adult faced!  LOL.    

Oh hahaha, I also think I'll only get the "young adult face" when I'm 40 lol. I do think the number will give me some "street cred" eventually.

I'm slowly looking like it but on days when I have more water retention = fluffier cheeks, I just can't. :D 

I guess it's a partially luxurious problem to have, but the thing is, I really cannot see the problem with getting visibly older. I'm only afraid of the back and joint pains etc that come with it because I'm a wuss. I find lines, grey hairs, everything just so bad ass.

In fact, a few months ago I found my first white-ish hair in my eyebrow. I was so psyched :D I showed it to my partner to confirm. He looked at me weird but was supportive of my enthusiasm anyway hahaha  (I don't know where it went, though. I looked for it yesterday and it's gone.)

At my 40th birthday, people were like 'OH Starpuck you're 40!'  And I was like YEAH!  I CAN GET MY EPIC MOUNT NOW! :D   (World of Warcraft reference.)

I got the reference. I'm stealing it! 

• Like 3

The gaming rig isn't working?! How am I supposed to stare at you lovingly if your system is down?! I hope it gets fixed soon so you can go back to being the awesome nerd that you are!

• Like 2

Day 3 Update:

Computer has performed tonight without issue.  Unsure of what the cause was.   Continued monitoring will be a must.    I am starting to think it was a power/outlet issue.   This has happened twice, both times while having my computer on, plugged into the power strip-surge protector, and both times while running my blow dryer off the same wall outlet.  (But not plugged into the surge protector.)  Theory:   Blow dryer sapped energy from the outlets capacity.  Computer went, oh not enough energy - what is biggest energy hog?  That phat GTX2080 GPU.  Cool.  Kill it for now.     WHAT?!

My VR set up did cause me some issues though.   That took 30 minutes to fix, but my Beat Saber tonight was mostly just to test the system and check out a few new avatars.  Sadly, I had my recording stuff set up wrong, so nothing to show for it tonight.  Instead, I will show off a song of Froppy being awesome.  Because Froppy is adorable.

Got my workout in at lunch.  It went fine.   After watching that Katee Sackhoff thing I've been bit by the bug to aim for aesthetically pleasing balanced composition.   Also, guys?  I have soft tummy skin and muscle protecting fluff.  But I honestly think I am starting to see some abs maybe?   And I have NEVER IN MY LIFE HAD ABS.   So I ordered some old fashioned calipers for cheap, so I can maybe start looking in on body comp now, rather than straight weight loss.  (Not that it was ever my only goal.  I like functional strength.  I'm keeping that.   But having another means of tracking progress is good.  And at 5'2", strong, athletic and 139 pounds, I am not likely to see the scale go down too much more.   But the body can definitely change still.)

Food and all else fine.   No art tonight as it's late, and last night I slept poorly again.   So I think I will go wash face, teeth and then read in bed for 20 minutes.  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Errr can I ask why you're not sleeping well?

To alter a quote from Cypher in S2 Castlevania:   Because my body hates me?

My normal night routine is a lot of rolling over and turning, which sometimes wakes me up.    I also, always always have at least one bathroom break per night, usually around 5-6am.  (My alarm is 7:20.)    But the 'not sleeping well' nights are the ones where I get into bed by 11-11:20 and then just toss and turn, and fuss, and then the brain gets brainy and I start thinking about stuff (random stuff, not even stress stuff) and then it's an hour before I even doze off.       I've always been a wake up but go back to sleep sleeper.   It's the falling asleep that sometimes gets hung up.

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

To alter a quote from Cypher in S2 Castlevania:   Because my body hates me?

Alternative theory: you are living life to your fullest and your brain thinks sleeping is for the dead :D

On a more serious note, a friend of mine told me her mom put smth heavy on her (a blanket? Idk I am going to ask) when she was a youngin' to help her stop tossing and turning. Maybe that's an idea?

Some nights I put these decorative "side pillows" on me and that calms me down sometimes. Anyway, sad to hear for someone like me that likes sleep a lot haha. .

30 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

(random stuff, not even stress stuff)

Yup, see, you don't want to lose a moment to the dream world! :D

hurrah for the ab potential! 

and for the working fun station!

• Like 1