• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck Persists Gloriously

That Katee video was so great. I'm glad she made it. We always here about about muscle and weight and how the scale isn't the best way to set a goal, and she provided multiple examples. Also, she's just bad ass. ❤️ 

Have you tried meditating before bed? My brain can be extremely vocal, too. I find if I meditate before bed, I sleep so much better. I will even lay in bed and meditate my way to sleep. It takes some practice, but the Headspace App is great for it.

• Like 1

I'm glad your computer decided to behave itself!  I hope you get better sleep soon.  Keep up the good work!

I like GMing as much as I like PCing. 🙂

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Starpuck said:

To alter a quote from Cypher in S2 Castlevania:   Because my body hates me?

My normal night routine is a lot of rolling over and turning, which sometimes wakes me up.    I also, always always have at least one bathroom break per night, usually around 5-6am.  (My alarm is 7:20.)    But the 'not sleeping well' nights are the ones where I get into bed by 11-11:20 and then just toss and turn, and fuss, and then the brain gets brainy and I start thinking about stuff (random stuff, not even stress stuff) and then it's an hour before I even doze off.       I've always been a wake up but go back to sleep sleeper.   It's the falling asleep that sometimes gets hung up.

I am also one of those can;t fall asleep because brain is busy types.  Its ridiculous sometimes - I will sitting on the couch struggling to keep my eyes open so I will get up and lay down in bed and suddenly brain is like, oh, is it thinking time now?  Let's rehash in detail that D&D session from 2 weeks ago because that was a good time, wasn't it (or some such random nonsense) 

• Like 4

On 5/14/2020 at 8:19 AM, analoggirl said:

Alternative theory: you are living life to your fullest and your brain thinks sleeping is for the dead :D

On a more serious note, a friend of mine told me her mom put smth heavy on her (a blanket? Idk I am going to ask) when she was a youngin' to help her stop tossing and turning. Maybe that's an idea?

Some nights I put these decorative "side pillows" on me and that calms me down sometimes. Anyway, sad to hear for someone like me that likes sleep a lot haha. .

Yup, see, you don't want to lose a moment to the dream world! :D

hurrah for the ab potential!

and for the working fun station!

Haha, living life to the fullest!   Hah, that's a statement I used a lot in my younger years, now I am like "oh gosh, sleep is for recovery!"  Hahaha.      Hmm, I like having something covering me, but not sure about the heavy something... lol.   Side pillows!  I used to have a 3rd pillow I'd hug when I slept... I put a jersey sheet pillow case on it and referred to it as "My man pillow."    Snicker.  I was such a clever youth!

On 5/14/2020 at 9:14 AM, chickie.monkey said:

That Katee video was so great. I'm glad she made it. We always here about about muscle and weight and how the scale isn't the best way to set a goal, and she provided multiple examples. Also, she's just bad ass. ❤️ 

Have you tried meditating before bed? My brain can be extremely vocal, too. I find if I meditate before bed, I sleep so much better. I will even lay in bed and meditate my way to sleep. It takes some practice, but the Headspace App is great for it.

I can't slow my brain down even to meditate, lol.    I've tried a few times in my years, but my brain always goes, 'meditate, meditate, just .... like oh naruto!   Or, deep breathing like Tanjiro from Demon Slayer, oh I need to see the next episode of that.  And gosh isn't Nezuko the cutest?      And yes mmm love Katee.   She seems so down to earth and fun for being an actress!  Ya know?    I have to remind myself, that while I can take some of the advice and approaches in that video, that I am not an actress trying to sell a role.   And not get too obsessive.  Also because I love bad food and being too strict will make this not pleasant, so a smaller scale approach to 'Katee Abshoff!'

19 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I'm glad your computer decided to behave itself!  I hope you get better sleep soon.  Keep up the good work!

I like GMing as much as I like PCing. 🙂

I too am super thankful computer is being friendly again.  Crisis averted!    

I'd totally play a D&D game with you!

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am also one of those can;t fall asleep because brain is busy types.  Its ridiculous sometimes - I will sitting on the couch struggling to keep my eyes open so I will get up and lay down in bed and suddenly brain is like, oh, is it thinking time now?  Let's rehash in detail that D&D session from 2 weeks ago because that was a good time, wasn't it (or some such random nonsense) 

Yuuuuss!  Exactly this!!!!    Total body exhaustion.   Brain even agrees while we're doing this or that.   In bed, lights off, and brain is all, "Oh one more thing..."

DAY 4 UPDATE (Thursday)

Coming in on a Friday to report a Thursday since Thursday's are busy gaming days.     Rain.   So. Much. Rain.   Torrential downpour levels of rain.  Everything flash flooded kind of rain.     Our basement has taken in water from seepage around the foundation (this happens during ongoing big rains - so not new, but still annoying).    It also made for super dreary, hard to focus days at the office.

I almost took yesterday as a rest day as I was tired, sore and I couldn't get outside for a lunch run.    But, when I got home and ate dinner, and saw that my super lazy day meant I could have zero snacks while playing Warhammer Fantasy, I threw on the VR headset and played about 45m of Beat Saber.    That was enough to allow me 14g of pumpkin seeds, 2 cookies and half a glass of skim milk.  Yummo!

Today is a strength day at the office, and tomorrow is my 6k WorldVision run.   Pretty excited about that, but I sure hope the weather cooperates!   I need to also cut the grass, and get cucumbers planted (if I can find them somewhere) because Sunday is supposed to be more all day rain.  Oof!    Debating about the idea of building a raised garden bed behind the garage, but I gotta see how much time and money that'd cost, and also if the lighting is good enough to warrant the effort.

Sunday will have to be more inside projects, and getting my sister in on those can be challenging.  I really owe her a day of painting!

Also - I've recruited a couple of people to help me on the next thing... but I think this weekend I will start looking into how to stream on Twitch.  So scary!  But I have all the essentials.   A good webcam, OBS, a really good mic and a boom arm for it.   I just need to learn how to set up a Twitch channel, get a chat box going and whatever else I need to do.    I should also maybe try and come up with a fun chibi avatar of myself for logos and what not.   So much to do!!    And I mean, I am not looking to do this for anything other than some fun - and give already made friends a chance to see some games and maybe learn them so we can play together!  *waggle waggle*   But it's still a pretty intimidating thing!  

That's it for now.   Will update tonight!  Hopefully with a finished picture of Daisy, the halfling necromancer.    (I really can't wait until she gets some bard levels and she becomes the leader of the hip skeleton band, called Daisy and the Deadbeats!)

• Like 6

Post-actual-workout-workout-silliness.

LOL.   Don't give me the entire office to myself!  I cannot be trusted!!

#NoJudgementCartwheel #CanIEvenDoThoseStill

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • That's Metal 6

9 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Rain.   So. Much. Rain.   Torrential downpour levels of rain.  Everything flash flooded kind of rain.     Our basement has taken in water from seepage around the foundation (this happens during ongoing big rains - so not new, but still annoying).    It also made for super dreary, hard to focus days at the office.

Oh no, I've noticed that your weather patterns come to party over here about 2-3 days after they hit you. Guess I'm in for a rainy weekend. 

9 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I should also maybe try and come up with a fun chibi avatar of myself for logos and what not. 

Yessss I support this decision! All of the Chibis!

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Post-actual-workout-workout-silliness.

LOL.   Don't give me the entire office to myself!  I cannot be trusted!!

#NoJudgementCartwheel #CanIEvenDoThoseStill

This looks like it was so much fun :D 

• Like 1

Late Friday Update.

Strength Session had. (3/3)

Stretching after. (3/3)

Food good.  Face, Teeth, Etc.

Worked on art.

Played Jackbox with my nephews/bro/sis in law/sister for like 2.5 hours.  It was fun to hang like that.

Doing well this week so far.   Now sleeps, because I have to run 6k tomorrow morning!

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hopefully with a finished picture of Daisy, the halfling necromancer.    (I really can't wait until she gets some bard levels and she becomes the leader of the hip skeleton band, called Daisy and the Deadbeats!)

I hope you do understand that at least one of said skeletons needs to play the horn DOOT.

23 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I can't slow my brain down even to meditate, lol.

Sounds like you're trying to control your thoughts, when the whole point is to notice your thoughts. I will never tire of posting this video

• Like 3

Saturday Update (DAY 6)

Orange because today was my WorldVision Global 6k this morning!

It was a great day.   This is the first Worldvision run/event I've done and they've always said it was emotional - but add in the current times and it really made it such an experience.   We started off with a 115 person Zoom Meeting as we got ready, each in our own neighborhoods, at 9am.     A song, a video about a community this would help, a prayer, a warm up lead by one of our pastors, and then a foghorn to send us off.     I ran north toward one of our old rails-to-trails path and then hooked west.   It was a beautiful sunny morning for a run, so plenty of regulars were out there.    And then, we started seeing each other.   Everyone a bright orange beacon to each other.   Cheering each other on, smiling, waving, clapping our little hand clapper noise maker, lol.    I kept alternating between goosebumps and teary eyes.   Amidst everything, here is a community that is missing each other terribly, coming together "apart" to support people halfway across the world.     6k is 3.72 miles, but I ended up finishing the run having done 4.17 because I kept going 'one more block' in hopes of seeing more fellow 6k runners.

Here's a pic of me spotting other runners!  (It was a family of four, who insisted I run in from the side to be a part of their picture.)   And, omg, I posted something on IG, just so I could link it easier here, lol.   Look what you guys have done to me!   (Just a little clip of the trail - aka: a reason to walk for a bit lol)
ysTgGe7.jpg  

It also meant my exercise was finished as of 10am lol!    And then I was pooped!  Haha.    I met a friend for Tailgate Tacos.  (That's what I call it when I meet my friends at our local taco place and hang out over lunch each from each others own car.    That was nice.  

I then built the cucumber trellis (oh!  And my garden shop did have cucumber plants so excited!)    Then I read outside for a chapter, and then I did some art.   Finished up my Halfling Necromancer, Daisy.    Here she is with her familiar.  

daisy_and_cullen_chibi_by_lilwolfe006_dd

I didn't do much else on my really long list of things I wanted to do this weekend, and tomorrow could be busy too, but I am feeling good about the choices of how my time spent today.    I also threw together a little 5m Vlog because, I am trying to get over my camera shyness and stop nitpicking at every little detail of my appearance that makes me grumble.    It's like, immediate post race though haha, so... ya know.

Ok!  Now time for jammies, ice creams and video games!

• Like 10

Fantastic video! I like your speech, it's calm and collected and it flows really well! So for your possible twitch, I think you're ok!

Also I'm glad to hear that your run went really well!

• Like 1

We need smell-o-vision! I loved hearing about your virtual run. And, yeah, how often I take for granted how easy it is to get water. Imagine walking 6k a day just to get water. I have 4 sinks, water in the fridge, and outdoor facuets, and I complain when I think the water takes too long to get hot.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Fantastic video! I like your speech, it's calm and collected and it flows really well! So for your possible twitch, I think you're ok!

Also I'm glad to hear that your run went really well!

Wait!  That's what I said about Cheetah!   LOL.  I think I will be less awkward on the stream because I'll just be talking while playing games and stuff?  I dunno!   But thank you... we are always our own worst critics eh?

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I always enjoy your vlogs. That’s really cool that you saw other runners from the same event.

Aw thanks Sloth.   I feel so silly doing them still.   Hehe.

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

We need smell-o-vision! I loved hearing about your virtual run. And, yeah, how often I take for granted how easy it is to get water. Imagine walking 6k a day just to get water. I have 4 sinks, water in the fridge, and outdoor facuets, and I complain when I think the water takes too long to get hot.

Some of the runners carried jerry cans for the distance.    I can't even imagine adding the weight of the water can to that trek every day!

36 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Sounds like you had a great run and perfect weather. (Following you on IG now ;) ).

Love your vlog garden updates.

Ahhh thanks thanks!     And omg, I don't know at all how this IG thing works.   I don't suspect it will be used too often, but maybe just for the purpose of being able to link short videos into posts without having to rely on youtube?   I dunno.   

• Like 2

Awesome job on the run!  I always liked doing charity runs.  Maybe I'll work up to one this summer.  🙂

Your vlog was very good, too!  We have a lilac here, but it hasn't grown much in the years since we planted it, and I don't know if it has a problem or just not enough light or what.

keep up the great work!

• Like 1

I love lilacs! We used to have three around my parent's garage, I'd basically grab a bunch and glue it to my nose while I was playing outside :) and definitely support causes that want to see everyone have access to clean water without walking miles to do so

• Like 1

Sunday Night D&D tonight, so I will have to do the weeks recap tomorrow morning.  But!   I had a really good attempt at What the Cat on Expert, and was checking out a new avatar to use, so... I'll post that for now.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

10 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Wait!  That's what I said about Cheetah!   LOL.  I think I will be less awkward on the stream because I'll just be talking while playing games and stuff?  I dunno!   But thank you... we are always our own worst critics eh?

You just need to relax when you're doing it. You're only hanging out with friends. And yes, we truly are our own worst critics!

Dude! You almost had that one! PLUS ULTRA!

GIF my hero academia all might cape - animated GIF on GIFER

Also I found this and I thought I had to share it with you!

97961089_679801826175893_1449254332267495424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=rqVGdRAR0OsAX-dBJkm&_nc_ht=scontent.flas1-2.fna&oh=dadf1d683d63272f2306d9b94403801f&oe=5EE707D0

• Like 2

There were lilacs in the backyard of the house I grew up in. That is the best smell. I have often thought about planting some here, but I'm not good at taking care of anything that requires sunlight to grow. :D

You're doing amazing as usual.

High Five Turtle GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

WEEK 1 UPDATE!

GOAL #1  -   HERO TRAINING

Strength Training:  3/3

Cardio Maintenance: 3/3 +2

Body Recovery: 0/1

Stretching: 3/3

original.gif

Exercise nailed!  Mostly.   Except for the thing where I take a day to do actual recovery work.   I can kind of count my Sunday as that?   I only played a little bit of Beat Saber for fun because I had been soooo slouchy all day that my energy was super low.   But I was working on Expert+ songs so it was way more cardio than an actual rest day should probably be.  Also?   I don't like rest days because I don't get to eat as much food.   I think what I will do, is get in the habit that on my recovery day, I get to eat at maintenance level.   This way I don't panic at the deficit goal a rest day suggests I should eat... because ain't no one wanna do that.   Pfft.  

GOAL #2  -   MENTAL TRAINING

Reading 3/3

Bible Study: 1-ish?    I read two daily verses before bed, on 4 nights?

Art Lesson: - none

tumblr_okvh1tIRap1qmt9r1o1_400.gifv

Reading came easy!   Woot.   The art lesson I just had zero desire to do.  I know that I need to make sure I make time for that before the weekend, because I want to do bigger more active things on the weekends so the sitting down at the computer for 30 minutes sketching circles and lines isn't very appealing.     I did not have an actual sit down and study some bible verses day/session, BUT, I did on 3-4 nights end my evening with a few bible verses of the day read in bed and focused on.   So I am going to count that as more of a yes, than a no on that goal.

GOAL #3  -   SKILL SET TRAINING

Art Focus: 3/3 +1

D&D Work:  - none

Gaming Videos/Stream: 2/2

61507-1532336916.jpg

Art was super easy to get into this week.  The picture of Daisy being a good inspiration.     I need to get some sketching in today so I have more art to transfer into Clip Studio later this week.    I didn't work on my D&D game at all, and to be honest, I still feel meh about it.   I WANT to play it, I want to RUN it, but I want things to be more normal when I do my game... not sure that's in the cards for a while.    But I don't want to give up on it either.  But at this point, it's been 2 months since we last played it and I feel very disconnected from even my own vision of the world and story.       I need to get back to my notes and just read over things and look at things and see if that helps me want to plot more.     The videos went fine though.    couple Beat Saber videos and a vlog!    This week, perhaps a streaming attempt gulp!

In other news ... I ordered and got in, body fat calipers.     I am not sure what to make of it all lol.   I was feeling more toned than I have in a long long time.   And I know that if I want to shred even more fat, I am going to have to tighten up the food choices.  (Not amount, the type)   And I just don't know if I WANT to.     So.   Measuring at tricep, abdomen, thigh and suprailiac - my bodyfat is at 24%.     According to my scale in regular mode I am at 35%.    And if switch my scale to athlete mode (probably not warranted) I am at 22%.      I think the calipers might be fairly accurate?  (Not that my sis had a clue how to use them.)   But then when I look up body charts, maybe I am 35%.   But man that seems depressing!    I thought I had toned up some since I looked at my door pull ups from a month ago to the ones I just took.   (Screen capped a moment from each video.)    And I just kind of want to use the measurements as another means of tracking progress, because like I was saying - I know that now, the scale isn't going to move much... but I KNOW my efforts are making changes that the scale can't see.   And I like seeing progress in visual form in some way.  Soooo.   I dunno?     It probably is just the sliiight angle difference too.  Bugger, lol.   

April 21st                                           May 15

Female-BF.jpg  97112608_640121930050719_456424403301407

This week, I want to get a bit more organized on some of the other fronts, and then settle into a good routine.     I've got my tracker made, my project list made (though more will be added to that) and I've been doing well on cranking through those too.     I'm getting the itch to rearrange my room again, but can't decide a good lay out.   Maybe I should get @GoodDoug to look at my room and see if he can come up with some awesome design idea that will get me all the bang for my buck on space vs function lol!!     You see, I need room to do my Just Dance games and my VR stuff, so I have to keep the bed pressed to a wall, etc, etc.    Aaah, trying to live a whole life of entertainment in a 10x13 room haha.

Ok, week two is upon us.  Nerds!  Rebels!   FRIENDS.

We can do this!!

tumblr_ms7n5jnk9E1rkeknyo1_500.gifv   anime-encouragement-gif.gif

• Like 6

Nice job on the week!  I don't know, I hyper focused on bodyfat percentage for a while, and found it frustrating.  I do know that when I look at your shoulder, arms and calves I see a lot of muscle definition

• Like 1