Miss Marissa Murder Hornet May

FOOD

1) 👏Eat 👏Lunch

I've been getting to the point where I'm working and then all of a sudden I look at the clock and its 2 pm (or 3 or 4) and I haven't ate lunch yet. NOT a problem I thought I would have? But I'm moving around less and in general just not thinking about food I guess. My hunger cues are wack.

2) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal

After last challenge I want to allow for 2 days of 2/3 meals, instead of full 3/3 compliance 7 days/week. So 19/21 if I eat 3 meals/day

MOVEMENT

3) This will change after zero week. I have 2 workouts left in week 8 of my 8 week program. I've emailed my gym trainer to see So zero week goals are:

do 2 remaining workouts

do 1-2 jogs

do some hanging and handstanding and walking

SLEEP

4) No caffeine after lunch. My sleep schedule has been weird and I am fairly sure this is contributing heavily.

LIFE GOALS

5) Keep changing clothes before work. Don't have to be "work clothes"

Other things I plan to keep you updated on: books, DND, also thinking about reducing social media usage, but maybe not quite yet.

rs_500x375-150430111614-giphy.gif?fit=in

• Like 10
1 minute ago, miss_marissa said:

5) Keep changing clothes before work. Don't have to be "work clothes"

A thought on this one.

If you designate specific types of clothes as "work clothes" changing out of them becomes a very powerful mental marker for the end of the work day. This helps the brain leave work and not go back to it, and for me this is a critical part of the work-life balance that keeps the anxiety in check. Not saying that you have to do this, but something to think about. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

A thought on this one.

If you designate specific types of clothes as "work clothes" changing out of them becomes a very powerful mental marker for the end of the work day. This helps the brain leave work and not go back to it, and for me this is a critical part of the work-life balance that keeps the anxiety in check. Not saying that you have to do this, but something to think about. 

This is good to know. Luckily I have not been having that problem, but I will keep in mind if I do need to make an adjustment :) 

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following! 

Obvi!

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Here! Will you post meals again? I got quite a bit of inspiration from that :) 

Oh I'm glad you enjoyed that! I can certainly continue :) 

15 hours ago, h3r0 said:

1962295125_tenor(8).gif.17022675f1984c8a17b9eb301a2b6f08.gif

OMG that is the best challenge title! 

8 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Goals are looking simple yet worthy. Where/what are the murder hornets? 

2 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

This follow brought to you by the letter M.

Good luck to you! :)

gotta get that alliteration! :) 

2 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/just-how-dangerous-is-the-murder-hornet/

Because we really needed one more thing to worry about, right? 😒

I don't know how truthful this is, but I read that it's probably not actually a concern in North America. There were a small number found and confiscated? killed? removed? Idk. When I say small number I mean like single digits. and only in PNW USA or it's friend to the North.

Wednesday

I went for a walk before work. I actually got hungry at lunch time! So I ate at a respectable 11:45. I am fairly certain my walk played a part in this.

Breakfast: protein coffee, toast w/ hummus, sunflower seeds and cucumber

Lunch: salad - shredded red cabbage, shredded carrot, chickpeas. Tossed in dressing (lime juice, peanut butter + water). Garnished w/ cashews and green onion. Also a slice of banana bread.

Dinner -  a combination of leftovers

Tomorrow morning will be groceries.

I had an out of town friend call me in the early afternoon. Turns out her, her partner and their daughter were heading to town for the evening, staying the night and then doing some hiking today. They own a nutrition club up where I used to live and are looking to expand here! (Which means moving here too!) So they were looking around town for different types of spaces and areas of town - I gave them some pointers. But they ended up picking up some takeout meals and meeting me in the park across the street for some socially distanced interaction. It was really good to see them and hang out, haven't seen her partner or daughter in years and it's been about 6 months since I've seen her so that was a nice unexpected treat :) 

Then video chat for weekly nerd nite. 

1) Eat lunch - 

2) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal - 

3) Movement - rest day ☑️

4) No caffeine after lunch 

5) Change clothes 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Chris Tarly said:

Up next on SyFy: Killer bees vs. the Murder Hornets.

No lie I would watch a Sharknado vs Murder Hornet Tsunami movie. Sea creature channeling land weather vs Land creature channeling sea weather! Throw in a low budget Godzilla kaiju monster and I'll just throw money at you. I love me some B-rated-2-am-so-bad-they're-good scifi flicks.

• Like 6
16 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I went for a walk before work. I actually got hungry at lunch time! So I ate at a respectable 11:45. I am fairly certain my walk played a part in this.

Likely! 
Your thread makes me hungry, in a good ‘let’s find something healthy to eat’ way.

Awesome that you got this nice surprise social time :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

But they ended up picking up some takeout meals and meeting me in the park across the street for some socially distanced interaction. It was really good to see them and hang out, haven't seen her partner or daughter in years and it's been about 6 months since I've seen her so that was a nice unexpected treat :) 

Aww, yay!

• Like 1

I came for the Murder Hornets and am staying for the challenge.

I have gone the whole day without eating as well. I tried to call it intermittent fasting, but then I’d eat an entire chocolate cake after dinner. I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works.

• Like 1

Thanks for the support everyone! :)

17 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

No lie I would watch a Sharknado vs Murder Hornet Tsunami movie. Sea creature channeling land weather vs Land creature channeling sea weather! Throw in a low budget Godzilla kaiju monster and I'll just throw money at you. I love me some B-rated-2-am-so-bad-they're-good scifi flicks.

You and Mr. J both.

10 minutes ago, chickie.monkey said:

I came for the Murder Hornets and am staying for the challenge.

I have gone the whole day without eating as well. I tried to call it intermittent fasting, but then I’d eat an entire chocolate cake after dinner. I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works. emoji3.png

Welcome! I mean... I'm no expert, but I think you can call it intermittent fasting, you're just probably not going to get the results you're looking for :)

Thursday

Breakfast: protein coffee, toast w/ hummus, sunflower seeds and cucumber

Lunch: chipotle pork and sweet potato stew (this sounds good, but I cannot on my conscience recommend it)

Dinner -  mojo turkey burger and cabbage slaw

Ate lunch at noon and went for a lunch walk also.

I did shoulders and arms workout and also went for a jog. Repeat W2 of C25k. I am wearing my buff as a mask, but it seriously is hard to breathe while jogging. I'm pulling it down and pulling it back up only when I near people because otherwise running is impossible. I am not tracking my distance but time instead. Does anyone know of any good free interval timer apps that are fairly customizable? Most of the free ones only allow for work, rest, # of sets. It would be nice to do say.... work: 90, rest 120, work 60, rest 90... or something like that. I like to listen to podcasts while I run so I don't like having the app open to constantly look.

1) Eat lunch - 

3) Movement -

5) Change clothes 

Friday

Not off to a strong start, but we can turn this around!

Grocery store this morning. This crappy stressful chore has gotten even more crappy and stressful. Picked up some diet 7up to assist in goal 4 (my soda stream ran out of fizz 😭).

Work is annoying

Today is the LAST DAY OF MY 8 WEEK WORKOUT PROGRAM! Mr J complimented me on my biceps this morning!!! 💪 

Breakfast: nothing!

Lunch: a handful of dried pineapple chunks and tea

Real lunch: about to happen! at 2pm (D'oh)

1) Eat lunch - 

3) Movement - 

5) Change clothes 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

Today is the LAST DAY OF MY 8 WEEK WORKOUT PROGRAM! Mr J complimented me on my biceps this morning!!! 💪 

Visible gains are the best kind of gains. Nice. 

• Like 1

I think you can in Zombies Run app. They have added several updates since I last used it but you used to be able to set intervals on it. It let's you play what ever you want and only interrupts over the ear buds. Check to see if that is still the case 

On 5/8/2020 at 3:43 PM, Harriet said:

Visible gains are the best kind of gains. Nice. 

Thanks!

On 5/9/2020 at 12:25 PM, h3r0 said:

I think you can in Zombies Run app. They have added several updates since I last used it but you used to be able to set intervals on it. It let's you play what ever you want and only interrupts over the ear buds. Check to see if that is still the case 

It looks like that feature requires a paid subscription.

Friday

After work I just kind of was not feeling it and just relaxed and lounged around. I finished the romance novel I was reading and made stew.

Breakfast: nothing!

Lunch: a handful of dried pineapple chunks and tea

Real lunch: leftover pizza

Dinner:  West African chicken and potato stew

1) Eat lunch - 

3) Movement - ☑️ pushed my workout to Saturday

5) Change clothes 

Saturday

Woke up and did the workout I was supposed to do on Friday! LAST ONE of the program!!! ALL 8 weeks done! :) I need to make my goals for this week moving forward.

Nothing else exciting, went for a long walk and played pokemon go. Also called my mom. Finished book club book.

Breakfast: applesauce

Lunch: bacon egg and cheese sandwich + something else but I don't remember

Dinner: stew

1) Eat lunch - 

3) Movement - 

5) Change clothes 

Sunday

Book club in the morning. We read and discussed The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet which I thoroughly enjoyed. I will definitely be reading the remainder of the books in the series.

I took a nap. I also just layed around and watched TV because I wasn't feeling it. I did do a bit of stretching and foam rolling.

Breakfast: huevos racheros

Lunch: pop tarts :) 

Dinner: Kalua pork, cabbage and rice (nom nom paleo, instant pot)

1) Eat lunch - 

3) Movement - rest day ☑️

5) Change clothes 

• Like 8
20 hours ago, raptron said:

When I did c25k, I downloaded playlists that were already cut for the program including a little voice prompt. It doesn't let you listen to your podcasts, but I found them fun to mix things up -- lots of songs I hadn't heard in a long time. (I think I used this old school looking website's lol: http://www.c25kplaylists.com/4801.html ) 

OMG everyone go listen to any one of those immediately. 🤣🤖 

Monday

May is going to suck at work. Customer meeting, conference presentation (virtual), 30hrs of training, and putting together a proposal. All of top of trying to do my regular job as well. 😫

Was going to do some yoga, but once I got done with my 10+ hour day, I ate dinner and called my grandma. Talked to her for over an hour and then it was 9:30 and I just got ready for bed.

Movement wise, I think I am going to take this week as a bit of a deload week and just kind of do whatever I want :) With a goal starting up next week.

Breakfast: huevos racheros

Lunch: strawberry "cobb" salad - romaine, pecans, hardboiled egg, bacon, strawberries, poppyseed dressing

Dinner: Mr J wanted to order pizza so we did. I got veggie.

1) Eat lunch -  at 1.

3) Movement - 

5) Change clothes 

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

OMG everyone go listen to any one of those immediately. 🤣🤖 

A VERY REASSURING ROBOT.

Monday

May is going to suck at work. Customer meeting, conference presentation (virtual), 30hrs of training, and putting together a proposal. All of top of trying to do my regular job as well. 😫

Dang girl, gl. 

Movement wise, I think I am going to take this week as a bit of a deload week and just kind of do whatever I want :) With a goal starting up next week.

Smart!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

My sympathies. Any team mates you can delegate anything to?

• Like 1

Oh wow. Your meals sound delicious. Looking forward to hearing the new workout plan, whatever it is. It's nice to see how other people are exercising during the you-know-what.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, raptron said:

A VERY REASSURING ROBOT.

Dang girl, gl. 

Smart!

22 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

My sympathies. Any team mates you can delegate anything to?

Thanks y'all!!! It has been in the works for a while to try to get someone to "backfill" my current position and last week I think we identified a potential candidate 🤞

21 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oh wow. Your meals sound delicious. Looking forward to hearing the new workout plan, whatever it is. It's nice to see how other people are exercising during the you-know-what.

Thank you! I think I've mentioned before but I use plate joy for meal planning.

Ummm me too? My trainer gave me 2 workouts and I have not done them yet. I am thinking some sort of rotation including those, running, maybe some random crossfit things thrown in, handstands, pullups, who knows!

Tuesday

My gym emailed me yesterday, they are considering what to do when the state safer at home order is lifted May 26. They were getting member feedback. It sounds like they havve more questions than answers.

I did an MMA video as my workout. Just went and picked a random thing that sounded fun, but high intensity on the beachbody app. It was not for me. 

Worked like... a lot.

Mr. J and I went for a walk after I got done working. We were outside when the flyover was supposed to happen and were looking for it, but I think we probably just couldn't see it from our house. (As an aside, these flyovers to celebrate healthcare workers are cool, but they would be a lot cooler if healthcare workers were given the proper tools to do their job effectively and safely, and not being undermined by various government institutions - but that's a whole different discussion).

So we were out on our walk and then @starsapart texted me asking if I was making it to DND, which I did not think we were having because I didn't hear anything before my walk! So... I accidentally missed DND. By the time we got back from the walk, ate dinner, took out trash, put out some other minor fires, showered, etc It was like 9:30 and I was not up for starting. I hope you guys had a good time! I promise I'll be there next week :) 

Finished vol 2 of Invisible Kingdom which has been a fun little space adventure. It has

👭 lesbians!

🚀spaceships!

👩‍🎨excellent art!

📦hating on Amazon!

critiquing of religion!

Which makes it my kind of story.

Breakfast: protein coffee, toast w/ pb and banana

Lunch: leftover pizza

Dinner: kalua pork, cabbage, and rice

1) Eat lunch - 

3) Movement -