• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Miss Marissa Murder Hornet May

1 minute ago, miss_marissa said:

Thanks y'all!!! It has been in the works for a while to try to get someone to "backfill" my current position and last week I think we identified a potential candidate 🤞

Fingers crossed! 

So we were out on our walk and then @starsapart texted me asking if I was making it to DND, which I did not think we were having because I didn't hear anything before my walk! So... I accidentally missed DND. By the time we got back from the walk, ate dinner, took out trash, put out some other minor fires, showered, etc It was like 9:30 and I was not up for starting. I hope you guys had a good time! I promise I'll be there next week :) 

It was totally my fault for not confirming that we were still on until too late!!! 

Finished vol 2 of Invisible Kingdom which has been a fun little space adventure. It has

👭 lesbians!

🚀spaceships!

👩‍🎨excellent art!

📦hating on Amazon!

critiquing of religion!

Which makes it my kind of story.

Helll yes. I've had this on my list for a while but haven't read any yet!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

(As an aside, these flyovers to celebrate healthcare workers are cool, but they would be a lot cooler if healthcare workers were given the proper tools to do their job effectively and safely, and not being undermined by various government institutions - but that's a whole different discussion).

Flyovers? As in airplanes? Sounds like a lot of money that could be better spend 🤭

any chance the new hire will be in time to lighten your load in may? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, raptron said:

It was totally my fault for not confirming that we were still on until too late!!! 

No worries! It sounds like y'all had fun :) And I don't think it was super necessary for me to be there.

23 hours ago, raptron said:

Helll yes. I've had this on my list for a while but haven't read any yet!

DO IT! It was a fun read.

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Flyovers? As in airplanes? Sounds like a lot of money that could be better spend 🤭

any chance the new hire will be in time to lighten your load in may? 

Yes, as in airplanes. Possibly political rambling below 

Spoiler

Although I'm not sure how this virus has gotten so political but whatever.

I think the money spent on these flyovers is whatever, not a huge deal. The thing that is more frustrating is that really in all aspects of this, our federal government has bungled the response. April was basically a wasted month. We still lack PPE, ventilators, and adequate testing capabilities. 

To placate the people, and specifically our healthcare workers, with some flyover as a show of support and solidarity is frankly vapid and borderline insulting. You can support them by getting them the tools they need to do their job safely, paying them appropriately, and giving adequate guidance to our public health officials, instead of giving insufficient guidance and then turning around and contradicting that guidance every chance an expert isn't in the room.

I have a lot more to say, but honestly I'm just fucking tired.

They are looking at moving someone from a different project to this one, so we'll see? 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Yes, as in airplanes. Possibly political rambling below 

I completely agree with everything you said in your spoilered rant, with one exception. I would have removed the word "borderline".

• Like 2

Wednesday

Y'ALL. I am SORE. VERY SORE. My calves and my rear delts& triceps. OW! I assume this is from the MMA video I did and was NOT expecting that.

Due to said soreness I did a 30m yoga stretch video yesterday. I will probably also do a longer flow today. 

I worked a lot, preparing for big customer presentation today.

I made a lasagna yesterday.

Breakfast: toast w/ pb and banana

Lunch: was going to make a chicken wrap and then didn't defrost the chicken, so leftover pizza!

Dinner: lasagna, salad, garlic bread

1) Eat lunch - 

2) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal - 

3) Movement - 

4) No caffeine after lunch - I opened a soda with lunch and finished it after lunch

5) Change clothes 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope the DOMS go away fast.

thank you. My delts are feeling better. The calves are still very sore. It is on the back just below the knee. Mr J thinks I may have pulled something. I don't think so because it is sore on both sides, but just worse on the left. I did ice, drink gatorade, and do gentle massage yesterday and it feels a lot better.

Due to the above I took a rest day yesterday.

Thursday

Work. The customer presentation went well. Lunch was late because the customer meeting ran from 10:30-1:30.

Breakfast: tofu black bean scramble

Lunch: 1 slice pizza, 1 slice bacon, apple and peanut butter (lol)

Dinner: lasagna, garlic bread

1) Eat lunch - 

3) Movement - 

4) No caffeine after lunch - 

5) Change clothes 

Upcoming - need to make workout plan for moving forward.

• Like 6

Continued to rest over the weekend :) a lot of consuming media. It was raining pretty much all day Sunday.

Highlights:

I did go for a walk Saturday and my calf was not super sore during or after, so I apparently just had CRAZY DOMS and didn't strain anything which is good. 🚶‍♀️

Read "The Girl on the Train" 🚆

Watched the Kimmy Schmidt interactive special. 📺

Talked to both my parents on the phone 📞

Planted 2 black currant bushes in the yard! right now they are just sticks, but we'll see. Hoping it will bring some dope birds 🐦

Watched Frozen 2 ❄️

Picked up some library books from curbside pickup! 📚

Feeling like all the days are just blending together. My updates have gotten a little boring, but that's mostly because I'm not doing much, therefore don't have much to say. 🤷‍♀️

Food:

Friday

Breakfast: I think I skipped it.

Lunch: teriyaki chicken wrap - tortilla, chicken, shredded carrot, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, teriyaki sauce. Also 1/2 a mango

Dinner: lasagna, strawberry salad

Saturday

Breakfast: tofu black bean scramble

Lunch: wrap + 1/2 mango

Dinner: lasagna, garlic bread

Sunday

Breakfast: french toast, orange

Lunch: Culvers :) spicy chicken sandwich

Dinner: lasagna, coleslaw

1) Eat lunch - 

2) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal - 7/8

3) Movement - 

4) No caffeine after lunch - 2/3 - had a soda Saturday night

5) Change clothes 

Looking to Week 2

Need to grocery shop tonight or tomorrow. Dangerously low on fruits and veggies. I need to incorporate more recipes using canned or frozen fruits and veggies. That way I can have more salads and fresh stuff the few days after the store and then can stretch my grocery trips with the frozen/canned. 

Thinking:

• Chicken or veggie enchiladas (to freeze)
  • stir fry
  • shrimp lettuce cups
  • tuna/deli meat salads/wraps
  • cajun chicken w/ coleslaw and potatoes
  • breakfast sammies
  • pumpkin muffins
  • italian chicken skillet
  • ruebens + steamed veggies

My gym is currently planning to open next Tuesday (26th). I am kind of waiting to feel out what that will look like before I decide if I will go back or not. The email said, no more than 5 people in the building at a time (1 coach + 4 clients). So the movement goal will be for this week only to complete:

• 1 running days
  • 2 full body movement days
  • 2 crossfit style metcons
  • 1 long mobility day (>20 m)

Ideally I'd also tackle some upper body strength work on the running day, but won't mandate it (pullups, handstands, presses)

Also going to add a reading goal. I'm finding that I'm enjoying reading, but the hardest part is just getting started. I just need to commit to starting, so I will have a goal to read 1 page each day.

• Like 7

1 page sounds ingenuously, brilliantly, completely achievable. And the currant bushes sound rad! Are they the same currants that humans eat? But birds like them too? What kind of birds are in your area? 

2 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Planted 2 black currant bushes in the yard! right now they are just sticks, but we'll see. Hoping it will bring some dope birds 🐦

Oooo, I love black currant juice and jam. My parents used to make both with berries from the large bushes in the back yard. :) 

Monday

Was going to get my first day of movement in, but by the time I finished everything it was too late to get started.

Had an exterminator come for an inspection - first spring in the house is yielding a lot more ants than I'd prefer.

After that grocery shopping. Managed to get everything I needed except for cilantro. Which is the second time I've gone on a Monday and they've been out of cilantro. 😕 

Read 2 comics and called it a night.

Food:

Breakfast: banana and pb toast

Lunch: pork and cabbage

Dinner: frozen pork + veggie dumplings w/ steamed broccoli, banana bread

1) Eat lunch - 

3) Movement - 

5) Change clothes 

6) Read 

22 hours ago, Harriet said:

1 page sounds ingenuously, brilliantly, completely achievable. And the currant bushes sound rad! Are they the same currants that humans eat? But birds like them too? What kind of birds are in your area? 

YES! That is the thought process behind 1 page. Too easy to fail. 

Yes they are the same currants that humans eat! Apparently birds love them, if you want to actually get any berries for yourself, you should net your bushes so that birds can't get at em first. 

Ummm midwest birds? lol I am not good with birds, but I see robins and crows often.

22 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Oooo, I love black currant juice and jam. My parents used to make both with berries from the large bushes in the back yard. :) 

yumm!!!!  Any tips you have I'll take em!

Yes, my sister is helping with the landscaping and planning, she is real big on edible landscaping :)

5 hours ago, raptron said:

I am a HUGE currant fan too!! 

And I love the sneaky 1-page goal. :D 

Thanks! :) 

Tonight, WE HEIST!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Red currants are berries, not birds.

Right?

What? No, we're talking about birds of the mid West.

17 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Everybody knows blackbirds go in pies, specifically in units of four and twenty.

Yes, indeed! But how many red birds? I guess six and thirty? Because they are a bit smaller than blackbirds.

• Like 1

Tuesday

Workout: 

• Warmup, mobility, Core activation
  • "plate" circuit (w/ a 10# dumbbell) - circles, woodchoppers, thrusters, things like that
  • 3 supersets
    • Walking lunges
    • 1 arm half kneeling overhead press
    • jumping jacks
    • shoulder ITYs
    • lateral band walk
  • 3 supersets
    • 20 KB swings
    • 20 marches
    • 20 seated twists
  • stretch

I didn't think it was going to be too difficult, but I actually worked up a bit of a sweat and was breathing heavy by the end. Good workout and felt good to get moving again after the rest week. This was one of the two workouts provided by my gym.

I suggested in the questionnaire my gym provided I might feel more comfortable working outside (weather appropriate) and it sounds like that might be an option?

The other big exciting thing was we finished our HEIST campaign last night!!! It actually went off very well without much struggle? We apparently planned very well and didn't even have to do really any combat! @starsapart did a good recap on her challenge.

Food:

Breakfast: english muffin sandwich - bacon + egg, blackberries

Lunch: a delicious salad! spring mix, shredded carrot, cucumber, hardboiled egg, bacon crumbles, deli turkey, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, poppyseed dressing

Dinner: made this chicken skillet! and Mr J approved adding it to the rotation! I'd recommend serving with some garlic bread or a nice baguette to sop up the creaminess.

Bacon with every meal!  Huzzah!

1) Eat lunch - 

3) Movement - 

5) Change clothes 

6) Read 

• Like 6

Bacon day should definitely be a thing. Although we should, obviously, call it "bacon bacon bacon day", so that we don't get it mixed up with days in where there is merely bacon at breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't think it was going to be too difficult, but I actually worked up a bit of a sweat and was breathing heavy by the end. Good workout and felt good to get moving again after the rest week. This was one of the two workouts provided by my gym.

I suggested in the questionnaire my gym provided I might feel more comfortable working outside (weather appropriate) and it sounds like that might be an option?

That would definitely eliminate one of the biggest risk factors since you're no longer breathing recycled shared air.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

That would be very nice! :) 

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Bacon with every meal!  Huzzah!

Awesome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Bacon day should definitely be a thing. Although we should, obviously, call it "bacon bacon bacon day", so that we don't get it mixed up with days in where there is merely bacon at breakfast.

Do you remember those commercials for beggin strips for dogs? With the dog "bacon bacon bacon!!!!!!" My brain did that when I read this.

10 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

That would definitely eliminate one of the biggest risk factors since you're no longer breathing recycled shared air.

Yes! I was pretty excited about that, the only thing is it might be more metabolic instead of strength, but I think I would still prefer that than doing it at home or inside the gym. I do miss the heavy stuff!

40 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

That would be very nice! :) 

Awesome. 

:D

Y'all. It is nice outside so I took my lunch break to do a workout outside and it was SO NICE and also it whopped my ass. I did a crossfit workout of:

5 rounds AFAP

400m run

30 KB goblet squats (I used 12kg)

30 pushups

HOOO BOY. I called it quits after 4 rounds and it took me an excruciatingly long 27:45. I am definitely not used to the gogogogogo workouts for 30min straight. It was good though, I'm glad I did it and even more glad in the choice to do it out in the driveway. Turns out my driveway to the nearest corner and back is just about 400m so that works perfectly :) 

• Like 3

Do you remember those commercials for beggin strips for dogs? With the dog "bacon bacon bacon!!!!!!" My brain did that when I read this.

I have the vaguest recollection of something like that. Were the ads made with animator's clay?

Y'all. It is nice outside so I took my lunch break to do a workout outside and it was SO NICE and also it whopped my ass. I did a crossfit workout of:

5 rounds AFAP

400m run

30 KB goblet squats (I used 12kg)

30 pushups

HOOO BOY. I called it quits after 4 rounds and it took me an excruciatingly long 27:45. I am definitely not used to the gogogogogo workouts for 30min straight. It was good though, I'm glad I did it and even more glad in the choice to do it out in the driveway. Turns out my driveway to the nearest corner and back is just about 400m so that works perfectly :) 

I am impressed by your fitness and alarmed by the number of pushups.