Miss Marissa Murder Hornet May

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

I have the vaguest recollection of something like that. Were the ads made with animator's clay?

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That’s 120 squats :o brutal! 

Believe it or not, the squats were the EASIEST part!

15 hours ago, Harriet said:

I am impressed by your fitness and alarmed by the number of pushups. 

Thank you. And also somewhere during the third set of pushups was when I decided I was not doing a fifth round. Absolutely brutal.

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

🤣 yes precisely this!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Wednesday/Thursday

Food:

Breakfast: english muffin sandwich - bacon + egg, blackberries -- nothing

Lunch: salad - spring mix, tuna pack, cashews, cucumbers, carrots -- leftover chicken skillet

Dinner: garbagey fast food 2x (Mr. J had the days off)

1) Eat lunch - 

2) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal - 3/5

3) Movement - 1/2

4) No caffeine after lunch - 1/2

5) Change clothes 

6) Read 

Yesterday was a garbage day at work. I ended up having a soda after lunch because I just wanted to. I also took a long lunch break and went for a walk to blow off some steam. It just started off on a bad note and I didn't recover. Got in a heated argument with a coworker, and today it seems everything is hashed out a bit. So that's good. Didn't do any movement besides the walk.

The bushes I planted are doing well. 

I am glad that we have a long weekend coming up though. I am considering going for a hike Sunday or Monday if weather cooperates. Going to try for another crossfit style workout or full bodyweight workout today.

I keep waffling back and forth on signing up for a slot in the gym for next week. Part of this is fear/hesitation. The other part is trying to find a time that works. I've shifted my workouts to be more midday during all this, as it's a nice break. But previously I was a 6:30 am person. However, new schedule is 6 am or 7:15 (too late), and I'd like to get back to that before I get back to some sort of normal routine (which TBH I don't expect to go back to the office for a few weeks longer - hopefully months TBH). I have been waking up around 6-6:30 now, so it would bump up my wakeup time by an hour. I emailed to try to get a feel for which time slots are "emptiest", so that should help in my decision.

I'm actually strangely starting to find some calm in all this. And starting to appreciate the simplicity. Not having to commute, or commit to social obligations. Just spending some time being at home with my thoughts or a book. Spending some time out in nature. Not feeling obligated to attend (non existent) parties or happy hours or whatever. TBH it's starting to be a little freeing.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

2 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm actually strangely starting to find some calm in all this. And starting to appreciate the simplicity. Not having to commute, or commit to social obligations. Just spending some time being at home with my thoughts or a book. Spending some time out in nature. Not feeling obligated to attend (non existent) parties or happy hours or whatever. TBH it's starting to be a little freeing.

I know exactly what you mean. It's kind of nice. :) 

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

4 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

It only took me like three days to get there. I'm glad you made it.

But, I think things have calmed down and the panic has subsided. Things still aren't normal, but at least there seems to be much less freaking out, and that makes all of this a lot more bearable.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

16 minutes ago, Chris Tarly said:

But, I think things have calmed down and the panic has subsided. Things still aren't normal, but at least there seems to be much less freaking out, and that makes all of this a lot more bearable.

I worry that this will make people in general a lore more complacent about being careful. Where I live there is hardly any mask wearing, social distancing is seen as an over-reaction, and businesses are opening despite the Stay At Home order saying they should stay closed.

But as long as I stay home, I feel better. :) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

45 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I keep waffling back and forth on signing up for a slot in the gym for next week. Part of this is fear/hesitation. The other part is trying to find a time that works. I've shifted my workouts to be more midday during all this, as it's a nice break. But previously I was a 6:30 am person. However, new schedule is 6 am or 7:15 (too late), and I'd like to get back to that before I get back to some sort of normal routine (which TBH I don't expect to go back to the office for a few weeks longer - hopefully months TBH). I have been waking up around 6-6:30 now, so it would bump up my wakeup time by an hour. I emailed to try to get a feel for which time slots are "emptiest", so that should help in my decision.

Oh interesting. Slots could be a way to maintain some distancing even inside the gyms. I wouldn't mind having this option.

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

On 5/22/2020 at 8:58 PM, miss_marissa said:

TBH it's starting to be a little freeing.

Lovely silver lining! 

I hope you can find a time slot at the gym that works for you :) isn’t it possible to see who has signed up for what time?

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 5/22/2020 at 1:58 PM, miss_marissa said:

Agree. 

I am actually curious if this will have a long-term impact on society. Obviously the virus will but I mean the quarantine itself. If people will finally stop having to go go go all the time and feel pressured to have everything. 

• Like 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

On 5/22/2020 at 2:00 PM, Scalyfreak said:

I know exactly what you mean. It's kind of nice. :) 

:) It is! Not that the panic has subsided, but it's getting easier to just be present at home.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:10 PM, Chris Tarly said:

Yea, that helps, but I still am having a lot of anxiety about going out in public (grocery shopping and post-office only basically). 

On 5/22/2020 at 2:27 PM, Scalyfreak said:

I worry that this will make people in general a lore more complacent about being careful. Where I live there is hardly any mask wearing, social distancing is seen as an over-reaction, and businesses are opening despite the Stay At Home order saying they should stay closed.

But as long as I stay home, I feel better. :) 

Yea, after seeing some of the news from over the weekend, there was a lot of people doing things against guidelines. Same, I feel better as I stay home.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:44 PM, Harriet said:

Oh interesting. Slots could be a way to maintain some distancing even inside the gyms. I wouldn't mind having this option.

Yes! I am glad they have this option! My gym is a bit different than a standard gym (in the fact it is "small group training") but I still think this is a really good option for a lot of places! They have 1 hour time slots throughout the day with 15 minutes between for cleaning. Time slots are limited to 5 people. 

On 5/23/2020 at 5:27 PM, KB Girl said:

Lovely silver lining! 

I hope you can find a time slot at the gym that works for you :) isn’t it possible to see who has signed up for what time?

As of right now I am the only person signed up for Fridays at 11. The GUI, currently doesn't have that, but I've emailed coaches to see. Apparently the 2 time slots that work best for me are also the emptiest (6 am 11 am) which is good!

On 5/25/2020 at 7:32 AM, h3r0 said:

Agree. 

I am actually curious if this will have a long-term impact on society. Obviously the virus will but I mean the quarantine itself. If people will finally stop having to go go go all the time and feel pressured to have everything. 

I'm curious about this as well. It certainly has me rethinking some of my priorities. 

I am getting my haircut today. I'm not 100% comfortable with this, but

• today is the first day they are allowing salons to be open
  • I am only the second person my stylist is seeing
  • she has her own salon, one of those mini-salon type of places, so she has her own room/salon in a building with a larger suite of small salons
  • masks required for both of us

with all of this I think it helps me feel that this is low-risk, as fair as haircuts go.

Weekend recap will be later today

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

Friday-Monday

Food:

Breakfasts

• english muffin sandwich - bacon + egg
  • waffles, blackberries, bacon, scrambled eggs

Dinner:

• shrimp tacos- corn tortilla, shrimp, avocado, red onion, cilantro, cabbage
  • cajun spiced chicken w/ coleslaw + roasted potatoes
  • homemade veggie enchiladas - black beans, roasted corn, green pepper, onion, mushroom
  • veggie burger reuben

I feel like I only ate 2 meals on most days, but that's also not right, I just can't remember what I did eat. I know I did not get any takeout food though.

1) Eat lunch - 

2) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal - yes?

3) Movement -

4) No caffeine after lunch - 

5) Change clothes 

6) Read 

Workouts:

Friday

4m on 4m off for 40 minutes (5 rounds)

~250m carry 

20 goblet squats

20 OH situps

20 OH walking lunges

I did all the movements w/ 12k except situps were done w 8k. I managed 4 whole rounds and all but lunges on the 5th (I think)

Saturday

mobility sesh

Sunday

jog - w2 c25k

chest and triceps

Monday

back and biceps circuit

Read and worked out all days but Saturday, when I was hit with a massive headache. Did do some stretching and foam rolling to help resolve it though (it did not work). Fun things I did:

• Played a lot of pokemon go on Saturday - caught many shiny seedot
  • did some weeding 
  • started "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" for book club, including reading outside in the nice weather
  • Finished She-Ra (so good)
  • watched Hustlers - movie itself not as good, but JLo had an incredible performance
  • Had an oopsie with the washing machine Friday night where the drain tube came out of the washbin and had water all over the laundry room floor, that was fun to clean up
  • My friend brought over a jump rope she no longer wanted and we had a socially distanced visit in the driveway.

An otherwise pretty uneventful memorial day weekend 🤷‍♀️ I look at this and it doesn't look like a look, but thinking about it, that's about right. Add in things like vacuuming and folding laundry and there goes the weekend :) 

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

Tuesday

Food:

Breakfasts: toast w/ pb and banana, protein coffee

elevensies: larabar

Lunch: spring mix w/ tuna packet

Dinner: shrimp tacos- corn tortilla, shrimp, avocado, red onion, cilantro, cabbage

1) Eat lunch -  - had lunch after the haircut w/ a quick larabar before hand because I don't have proper time management skills

2) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal - 

3) Movement - 

5) Change clothes 

6) Read 

Did some mobility work just before bed, 10m foam roll and 10m stretch.

Read a wonder woman comic

J and I went for a walk as well along a new path.

got my haircut! It was not bad at all and my mullet is gone :) 

Superbad was on the TV while I was cooking/eating dinner. Man..... this movie just makes me feel something, same along w/ Scott Pilgrim. Something about that 2005-2010 time period that is just so easily identifiable. Particularly those movies as well with late teens/early 20s, I just resonate with. Makes me feel kind of nostalgic, but in the sense that I miss in, just that it was a time in which I remember fondly and have some pretty formative memories and friendships. Also, Superbad is still hilarious, maybe even more so now because lines like "so you guys on Myspace" just hit different lol

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

3 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

got my haircut! It was not bad at all and my mullet is gone :) 

Loss of a mullet is always cause for celebration.

• Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

Those breakfasts sounds nice. What exercises do you do for chest day? Looking for ideas. I feel like my chest is a weakness. 

I have dumbbells and do: floor press, rotating floor press (up to "neutral" at the top), chest fly. I feel like I have a hard time "activating" my chest making it a weakness for me too.

4 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Loss of a mullet is always cause for celebration.

True. I'm kind of at a weird in between length/shape right now though, so I've got Karen vibes. But yes having the mullet gone is good, and Karen vibes should be gone with the next cut also.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

8 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I have dumbbells and do: floor press, rotating floor press (up to "neutral" at the top), chest fly. I feel like I have a hard time "activating" my chest making it a weakness for me too.

Ah, dumbbells. Might have to get some if this non-gymming continues. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

Ah, dumbbells. Might have to get some if this non-gymming continues. 

You can do with kettlebells too. Also PUSHUPS!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

I use my resistance tubes to do "cable" chest press as well. Just to add to the number of options...

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

My week 2 movement goal was

• 1 running days
  • 2 full body movement days
  • 2 crossfit style metcons
  • 1 long mobility day (>20 m)

I did everything except 1 full body movement day. But I did do an additional chest + triceps workout.

Week 3 so far I have:

• back and biceps circuit
  • mobility sesh
  • endurance and agility video (this was some weighted stuff like thrusters and side lunges, and then a lot of plyo things)

And I have a gym workout scheduled Friday. I will probably do something low intensity today and then see what I get from the gym tomorrow before I commit to anything the rest of the week.

Wednesday

Food:

Breakfast: toast w/ pb and banana, protein coffee

Lunch: leftover veggie enchiladas

Dinner: I took some ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg and seasoning (oregano, onion powder, crushed red pepper) and made some meatballs which I baked. While those were baking I boiled some penne pasta. I also sauteed some sliced green pepper and red onion, once the onions were translucent I added jar tomato sauce and some other seasonings, then some fresh spinach until it just wilted, then added in all the pasta and stirred. Topped it with the meatballs and some parmesan. (Tank style meal description)

1) Eat lunch - 

2) Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal - 

3) Movement - 

5) Change clothes 

6) Read 

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

6 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Dinner: I took some ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg and seasoning (oregano, onion powder, crushed red pepper) and made some meatballs which I baked. While those were baking I boiled some penne pasta. I also sauteed some sliced green pepper and red onion, once the onions were translucent I added jar tomato sauce and some other seasonings, then some fresh spinach until it just wilted, then added in all the pasta and stirred. Topped it with the meatballs and some parmesan. (Tank style meal description)

On our last grocery pick-up order the store messed up and included four 1 lbs packs of ground turkey, that we had not ordered. They refused to take it back (no returns allowed due to COVID), and since it was their mistake they also would not charge us for it, so I have four free pounds of ground turkey that I need to use up. Your meatballs dinner sounds absolutely delicious, so I will totally steal this and make turkey meatballs now. :) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

You can do with kettlebells too. Also PUSHUPS!

I'm so weak the only pushups I can do without straining my shoulders are on my knees. And I can't do too many because ganglion cyst. I did try pec flyes with the kettlebell, however, and I could feel my pecs working, so maybe that's an option. I figured out I can do some KB floor presses with a fluffy armband, but the ROM is so short it seems pointless.

36 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

I use my resistance tubes to do "cable" chest press as well. Just to add to the number of options...

Do you stand inside the band and press out? What do you anchor it too? I'm not sure there's anything sturdy enough in this crumbling house.

10 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Do you stand inside the band and press out? What do you anchor it too? I'm not sure there's anything sturdy enough in this crumbling house.

Yes, the way I did with the cable machines in the gym. And I have a staircase with a sturdy banister, that I anchor the tubes to.

EDIT:

Like this.

This is a great way to train your "push" muscles with a resistance band.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Something about the glasses adjustment while demonstrating an exercise in the gif above is so endearing, lol.

That does sound like a great Mem weekend, tbh. Low key is the name of the game these days anyway.  

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

• back and biceps circuit

Awww, yee. 🕶️

• Like 5

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

4 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Tank style meal description)

Good thing I didn't come here hungry.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Yes, the way I did with the cable machines in the gym. And I have a staircase with a sturdy banister, that I anchor the tubes to.

EDIT:

Like this.

Ah, thanks. I was imagining it two handed and was wondering. This makes more sense.