Hi

No goals, no plan, no anything except trying to maintain my sanity while attempting to move house ~1200 miles in the middle of a global pandemic.

Typing out all the madness helps, so expect this to be much more journal like and much less goal reporting.

• Like 3
On 5/7/2020 at 12:42 PM, starsapart said:

Here to follow as well!

On 5/7/2020 at 7:32 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

Here to follow ❤️

Moving is stressful!!

On 5/8/2020 at 1:06 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Here to creep on your journal...

On 5/8/2020 at 8:28 AM, KB Girl said:

Its crazy that it’s easier to journal to an audience, isn’t it? :D 

On 5/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, raptron said:

YOU GUYS GOT THIS.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:04 PM, Mad Hatter said:

here!

Welcome aboard everyone. :)

The house looks like a tornado went through, the cats are stressed out and into everything and hubs and I are about at our limit.

Still hoping to hear about scheduling a close date. Hopefully we will have some news today or tomorrow. It is Tuesday. The movers come on Friday. I have a bunch of work to do today (as in actual work-work) so can't help with the packing and planning, really. Last(?) grocery order to pick up this afternoon. And we still have important stuff that we can't have the movers take (documents, personal, valuable, etc.) that won't seem to fit anywhere in either of our vehicles, so we're trying to plan and re-plan and organize and magick some extra space into either of our cars.

I'm waiting for the magical moment when all of our planning suddenly resolves into a stack of neat boxes and organized collections of furniture and it's just not coming. This is rough, y'all. We are running out of time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sylph said:

I'm waiting for the magical moment when all of our planning suddenly resolves into a stack of neat boxes and organized collections of furniture and it's just not coming.

For me, historically, this moment has come sometime after the movers left, when everything (i.e. the things that were meant to go in my vehicle etc.) looked less overwhelming and I could actually think through what to do with it. I hope it comes for you at an earlier point!! Good luck.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:52 AM, sylph said:

Still hoping to hear about scheduling a close date. Hopefully we will have some news today or tomorrow. It is Tuesday. The movers come on Friday.

Hope everything goes well!

In the new apartment. In the 20 hours (straight) it took us to drive here, it rained for 16 of them. Woof.

movers have come and gone (and crushed, dented, or otherwise destroyed almost every box we packed)

It's starting to look like people live here, actually, though the second bedroom is still FULL of boxes

• Like 1
On 5/24/2020 at 9:09 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Enjoy getting settled, and if you are anything like most people I know a lot of things will stay in those boxes for months (and maybe even years)

Hubs is not the kind of person that will allow this.

We've take a bunch of stuff to our new storage unit, neatly stacked stuff in the second bedroom that will stay packed until we get our new house, and *almost* everything else is unpacked. We need to put books on the bookshelf and DVDs on the DVD rack, but other than that I can count on one hand the number of boxes that haven't been dealt with.

There's still a bit of a mess to deal with as we try to find places for things in our much-smaller-now living space, but boxes are pretty well in hand.

On 5/24/2020 at 1:58 PM, Mad Hatter said:

You made it!!! 

Finally!

We've officially been out of our house for one week as of yesterday evening. Still doesn't quite feel real? 

Cats are taking awhile to adjust. It's very different for them here: amount of space, higher windows (makes it harder to look at birds and whatnot), no basement, etc. I think they were super happy to have the furniture back, though (as were we). I'd left them each a pile of towels from home to snuggle on, since we don't want them in the carpeted bedrooms, but it's nothing like a couch and a proper set of throw blankets, don't you know. ;)

Shifting states is strange--COVID-related....things are much more open here than they were back north and hubs and I have not quite adjusted. We *could* do many more things than we are comfortable doing right now. I wonder how long it will take us to think about taking advantage of some of the things we are now 'allowed' to do here that we weren't there. 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, sylph said:

higher windows (makes it harder to look at birds and whatnot)

Yes, I can see how this wold be rough on them, especially if they can hear the birds but can't see them.

15 hours ago, sylph said:

I wonder how long it will take us to think about taking advantage of some of the things we are now 'allowed' to do here that we weren't there

This is kind of where I am.  There are a lot of things that I can do now, but I always have to think long and hard about whether or not I really want to

On 5/26/2020 at 7:59 AM, sylph said:

Hubs is not the kind of person that will allow this.

We've take a bunch of stuff to our new storage unit, neatly stacked stuff in the second bedroom that will stay packed until we get our new house, and *almost* everything else is unpacked. We need to put books on the bookshelf and DVDs on the DVD rack, but other than that I can count on one hand the number of boxes that haven't been dealt with.

There's still a bit of a mess to deal with as we try to find places for things in our much-smaller-now living space, but boxes are pretty well in hand.

Y'all are supernatural.

I think they were super happy to have the furniture back, though (as were we). I'd left them each a pile of towels from home to snuggle on, since we don't want them in the carpeted bedrooms, but it's nothing like a couch and a proper set of throw blankets, don't you know. ;)

Cats dig their ABCs -- always bein cozy! :D

Shifting states is strange--COVID-related....things are much more open here than they were back north and hubs and I have not quite adjusted. We *could* do many more things than we are comfortable doing right now. I wonder how long it will take us to think about taking advantage of some of the things we are now 'allowed' to do here that we weren't there. 

Ooh, I can imagine. 

On 5/26/2020 at 11:08 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Yes, I can see how this wold be rough on them, especially if they can hear the birds but can't see them.

This is kind of where I am.  There are a lot of things that I can do now, but I always have to think long and hard about whether or not I really want to

There are also some lizards here which we didn't have many of back north--an endless source of entertainment for them along with birds and bugs. I'm glad the door out to the (tiny) balcony at least is an appropriate height so they can look out.

We've been extra cautious since the last thing we wanted was to get sick right before our move, so we haven't so much as ordered a pizza in months. To now suddenly come south and have restaurants open (with social distancing and only 50% capacity, granted) feels like some culture shock is happening.

3 hours ago, raptron said:

Y'all are supernatural.

Cats dig their ABCs -- always bein cozy! :D

Ooh, I can imagine. 

Hubs is very organized and intolerant of too much mess :) if it were just me, we'd still have many many boxes left to unpack instead of a neat cube of things that are patiently waiting for our departure into an actual future house.

• Like 1