Hello world!  I'm Riviera16. I'm 19, she/her, and have been homeschooled most of my life. I've been following NerdFitness for several years and am excited to finally be officially joining the community!

I'm generally a pretty creative person, though my hobbies are pretty varied. I love writing, drawing (including comics), 3D computer animation (though I've only done a little), fashion/costume design, and doing stage combat (how actors in movies do fight scenes), just to name a few. If I had three wishes, they would be 1) world peace and an end to suffering, 2) magic powers that let me bring the stories and ideas I have in my head into real life instantly, and 3) ...saving the last wish for if something goes wrong and someone really needs it. One day, I want to live in Hawaii because I can't stand the cold but love summer weather, beaches, swimming in the ocean, good seafood, and the possibility of working at a radio observatory. 

When it comes to fandoms, I'm really into fantasy and sci-fi. I particularly enjoy watching sci-fi shows and movies and thinking about how the science behind them works- or doesn't. Which isn't that surprising, given I'm also a huge space/physics geek. I tend to like just about any type action-adventure movies or shows, from Marvel to RWBY (That being said, I do have a certain leaning toward dystopian fiction...). I don't think I can pick a single #1 fandom, but some of my all-time favorites include Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, The Expanse, Lord of the Rings, & Game of Thrones. I also play D&D 3.5e and 5e and am currently playing in three different campaigns and helping run one more.

When I first started working out over a year ago I was dealing with a number of unexplained joint injuries that simply refused to heal. It didn't make any sense, especially considering I'm an otherwise healthy older teen/young adult. We tested for all kinds of autoimmune conditions or underlying issues but got nothing. Eventually, with the help of some physical therapy and a personal trainer at the gym I joined it became clear the problem was coming from certain muscles being weaker than their neighbors or just all the muscles in a given area needing strengthening. I began working on strength training and as time passed things slowly got better. I've made a fair bit of progress since I first set out on this journey but I know I still have a ways to go.

My fitness goal, in a nutshell, is to be a ninja action hero in real life. At the moment I'm focusing on strength training with a mix of bodyweight and weight-lifting exercises. I hope to keep building strength while eventually moving into learning parkour and martial arts and possibly even getting back into dance (I did ballet for many years when I was younger but stopped when things became too drill-focused; I never picked it up again and frankly still miss it.). Meanwhile, I look forward to being able to track my progress as I part of the rebellion and getting to meet some fellow rebels!

My challenge: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116492-battle-against-boredom/

-=<| You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. |>=-

Daily Log: Apocalypse Training  ||  Current challenge: Riviera's Ninja Training, Chapter 1

Welcome! Very cool how you kept searching for an answer for your joint pain, and were able to find a solution, and with work help it!

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hi! Good luck in your ninja training! 😊

• Like 1

Battle Log: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War// Challenge 1 (Do Over) // Respawn Log: Continue [Y]/[N]

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” 

Thief of Time