• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

das@das

das@das establishing unnecessary but helpful routines

Last challenge was a bit of a mess. I considered it a success even I completed half the workouts I had intended to do. I didn't meet my diet goals and now my weight is sitting at around 147, not very healthy for some as tall as I am. I did succeed on my non fitness goal, so we'll call it a draw.

Quest #1 - Getting Workouts In

Since I just barely did 3 workouts on a good week that's where we'll start. And just so I can't give myself excuses I'm gonna give myself a schedule right now.

Monday - Long Run; about 50-60 minutes

I've got tons of trails right next to my house, so I've got lots to explore during the run to keep me occupied.

Wednesday - Speed Work; A real workout

There's a high school with a track less than a mile away from my house. Due to current world situations, there's nobody there in the middle of the day(my personal favorite time of day to run despite living in arizona). Because of this I can do some really good accurate speedwork and track my progress well. Anyways, here's my wednesday plan.

Part 1 - Warm up and get to the right pace

Bike there to warm up my legs a little bit.

Leg Swings

2x100@2mile pace

2x200@2mile pace

2x400@2mile pace

30 second rest between reps

Part 2 - The actual workout

3x800@2mile pace

2 minute rest between reps

Part 3 - Cooldown

1K acid flush

Bike home and stretch

Friday - Base Run; about 40-50 minutes

As previously said I've got tons of trails near me, so I'll use those for this too.

Off Days - Strength Training, Maybe?

If I find I want to workout on off days, I'll work on my abs, obliques, back, and stabilizing muscles in my thighs. But there is no expectation on these days.

Quest #2 - Actually Eating Breakfast and Dinner Everyday

I didn't eat lunch before this all started and I don't intend to start now, but recently I've started skipping dinner regularly and occasionally breakfast. My goal is to eat breakfast at breakfast time and eat dinner at dinner time.

Quest #3 - Attempting the First Speedrun of Minecraft Dungeons

In case you haven't, and it's fine if you haven't, Minecraft Dungeons is a new Minecraft game coming out on May 26. It's like a cross between Minecraft and Diablo. I watched some content from the beta, and I thought, "Noice". So I watched some more. Ok, I'm gonna be honest, It wasn't some. I watched hours of beta content. Then the idea popped into my head. The beta only contained three levels, but showed around ten more locked. That isn't enough information to do a proper speedrun yet. Most people would at least want to get their automatic speedrun clocks set up, which would require a full playthrough first. But what if you did one anyway. That's where I step in. Not good enough to challenge the actual wicked fast runs professionals will undoubtedly put out, but ambitious enough to try to get there before them. 

I decided I would stream this speedrun through youtube. I don't want the validity of this speedrun debatable. A live stream does that. I don't want that massive video file on my computer. Youtube doesn't much about storing it though.

That's my plan. The one thing I haven't decided is whether I should begin installing it at midnight and start the run as soon as possible or do it in the morning.

Thanks for reading the book of a post. Here's a meme for a reward

butyouareagirl.thumb.jpg.de1eb4b3fe5406cfa469fe5a1d8e778d.jpg

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to the scouts!  Is this your second challenge?

It's great that you have a track nearby for speedwork, those sound tough. You must have a fair bit of experience as a runner.

Your running plan looks great! Would you normally be signed up for some races this time of year?

Yeah, this is my second challenge. I started running six years ago, I'm young so I get better fast, and I'm also just naturally good at running.

Also at this time of year, I'd be doing 2-3 races a month, so quarantine kind of screwed that up.

• Like 3

On 5/7/2020 at 10:02 PM, das@das said:

Also at this time of year, I'd be doing 2-3 races a month, so quarantine kind of screwed that up.

Welcome to the club 😞

I've kind of made up my own little series of "races" around town. It's been sort of working for me.

• Sad 1

Sunday was great, all I did was eat food.

Monday was a big problem. I started my long run, but 10 minutes in my back started hurting. But I kept going. Long story short, my back started hurting so bad that I realized I had to turn back. On the way back I had to sit down twice because of the pain. Tomorrow I'm going to see my chiropractor, so hopefully I can go running again.

Today is tuesday. I have eaten breakfast.

oh, so sorry to hear that! Hopefully it straightens itself out quickly. Let us know how it goes. Sometimes it takes a little time to heal, so try not to get frustrated (and hopefully will be quick for you).

23 hours ago, Xena said:

oh, so sorry to hear that! Hopefully it straightens itself out quickly. Let us know how it goes. Sometimes it takes a little time to heal, so try not to get frustrated (and hopefully will be quick for you).

I went to my chiropractor today, so hopefully we'll get back on track on friday.

Anyway, my mom just told me something moderately terrifying. My cousins' cousins' grandpa was probably sick with COVID-19 in early february. My cousins' cousins probably got it from their grandpa. My cousins went to visit their cousins because their aunt had just had a child. Then I met up with my cousins cause they only live 5 minutes away. In mid march I had my last race due to cancellation of everything else. I did two events, 400m and 3200m. That 400m was the worst 400m I have ever run. I was literally only running at the end because of momentum. When I finished I sat down and didn't get up for a good minute. When it came to the 3200m I couldn't even finish the warmup. 1 minute of light jogging had me doubling over trying to breath, so I bailed on the 3200m. My mom told me earlier today that she thinks she got it in late march. I started connecting the dots, and came to the conclusion that I had gotten COVID-19 in march. Everything fits together. It's just scary to think that I never realized that I could've had it and how dangerous it actually is.

That is scary, but sounds like it could be good news for you. Hard to be sure without reliable antibody testing, but sounds like a solid possibility. 

• Like 2

After a first week fail due to back issues I'm gonna be back to my original goals. I'll lower distance and times to avoid aggravating my back further, and practice live streaming on youtube so I know how to do it when the time comes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Has your back been okay this week?

Yes. The first few minutes of the run on monday were iffy, but I haven't had any problems since. Chiropractors are great.

• Like 2

Not sure how it is near you, but we are in the height of tree pollen season. That can definitely make breathing hard, on top of any other causes.

4 hours ago, das@das said:

Ran monday and today. Yesterday I did the speed run. Got two and a half hours start to finish. It was exhausting.

Your speed work was 2.5 hours long? That's a tough day.

On 5/27/2020 at 11:51 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

Your speed work was 2.5 hours long? That's a tough day.

No, my speed run of the game minecraft dungeons was 2.5 hours. Sorry for being confusing.

I got a run in yesterday, even though my back was hurting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, das@das said:

I got a run in yesterday, even though my back was hurting.

I'm assuming this was a real world run by a human being 🙂

Good job getting it in, but sorry the back pain is staying with you.

Thanks for the encouragement! I've missed going to the chiropractor so many times during the last few months. My backs going back to what it was in the fall.

On 6/1/2020 at 1:16 AM, das@das said:

Thanks for the encouragement! I've missed going to the chiropractor so many times during the last few months. My backs going back to what it was in the fall.

hopefully you can sort it out. Sometimes it just takes time.

I've been inactive here for a little bit, but the challenge is almost over.

Quest#1: I only missed about 3 days the whole five weeks, so that's pretty good.

Quest#2: I forgot to eat breakfast or dinner only twice, and I'm back over 150.

Quest#3: I did it. Go me.

• Like 3