• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Saradactyl

SaraDactyl Kicks Depressions Ass

Hello Fellow Nerdlings,

Courtesy of @Novaurora I have joined this merry band of nerdy fitness to have self accountability in my fight against anxiety and depression based lack of motivation.

Previous to starting this challenge I had already set up small steps for myself using a chart with goals and check offs. Thanks to @Novaurora I also have a reward to help me stay focused on accomplishing my tasks. Picture in Spoiler.

I am starting from scratch with the basics to refocus after a series of difficult situations resulted in my hurriedly moving back home with no job or plan.

Spoiler

GoalPhoto.thumb.jpg.d799a6f5455be79f1124ff4e8da39470.jpg

• Like 10

welcome to the forums

as it happens your come with impeccable references!

no doubt you will soon arrive at some of your first goals.

the big buzz-phrase of this place is

YOU can do it!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

STICKERS

I told her y'all would get a kick out of those stickers.  I want to steak them ..but 6 hours is a long way to drive for some cute stickers...

19 minutes ago, TGP said:

as it happens your come with impeccable references!

Why thank you!

• Like 4

Welcome and good luck beating back the depression and anxiety! 

...P.S. what is 'brush polar'? Do you have a polar bear? How long does it take to brush the polar bear? I expect it would take a long time because they're so big.

• Like 6

Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing you progress through those goals!  Also interested to hear all about what exactly "Poop Patrol" is, but that's just me!

• Like 3

I absolutely love your poster board and I love that little envelope you have with your reward (?) That's such a fantastic idea and a nice tangible thing to motivate you onwards. I wish you all the luck in the world getting through kicking depression's ass!

• Like 3

Here for some depression ass kicking! Don't hesitate to kick it while it's down, either. Don't be THAT protagonist :) 

(I, too, am a lover of using stickers as rewards.)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Welcome and good luck beating back the depression and anxiety! 

...P.S. what is 'brush polar'? Do you have a polar bear? How long does it take to brush the polar bear? I expect it would take a long time because they're so big.

I have the dog equivalent of a Polar bear. (see image)

Spoiler

IMG_1725.thumb.JPG.1e508438b4853dc0a42014a1f67822b1.JPG

He is appropriately named Polar and is a 90lbs shepherd husky with more hair than I care to think about. Grooming him is a monumental task

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 1

On 5/9/2020 at 5:37 AM, Quirky Quinn said:

Also interested to hear all about what exactly "Poop Patrol" is, but that's just me!

She has to pick up the poop from the yard I think, @Saradactyl correct me if I'm wrong, also, how's that chart coming along?

poke poke poke 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Update Time,

It's now into the full two weeks of my board and I'm working towards my reward.

Spoiler

IMG_4562.thumb.jpg.6ca53f49cbbcf9e019c9c249211e4c98.jpg

The board is broken down into Daily (red), As needed (green) (don't come at me about showers, somedays you just don't need or want one) and then the purple at the bottom is for just as they happen things.

I find the thing that I struggle with the most is exercise and practicing my instrument (which as a former music major/teacher was something that I did for hours a day). I am hoping that with habit it will become less of a struggle to pull out the Euphonium and make some notes on it.

I also added more stickers to include shiny emojis and a few shiny colorful stars. 

• Like 6