• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

The Rack: Warrior Guild Chat

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Shouldn't we be sitting in the bottom of a squat or something? :P

 

That sounds like mobility work or something. 


P.S. I thought 'the rack' referred to a torture device but it just occurred to me it's the power rack. Probably. Just now. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the resident digital hoarder, being here.....makes me uncomfortable. This newness. I don't trust it >.> 

 

 

I'mma just pop a squat and keep an eye on all of y'all

 

box-squat.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigm141414 said:

As the resident digital hoarder, being here.....makes me uncomfortable. This newness. I don't trust it >.> 

 

FILL IT UP WITH STUFFFF

 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476f1493319f8ba6bb14

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bigm141414 said:

As the resident digital hoarder, being here.....makes me uncomfortable. This newness. I don't trust it >.> 

Did you ever get your PM limit thing sorted? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Did you ever get your PM limit thing sorted? 

 

Nope. I tried going through an deleting old PMs, like requests for spam removal, name changes, and random one off questions that I used to get when I was a mod, but I am still over the limit with the ones I want to keep. I have entire PM threads about the creation of the Ambassador program and discussions on the first set of guild leaders. I can't bear to delete such site lore. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 4:54 PM, KB Girl said:

Shouldn't we be sitting in the bottom of a squat or something? :P

 

Edited to add a link to the old mead hall.

OOPS!!!! I meant to do that!

 

On 5/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, Harriet said:

 

That sounds like mobility work or something. 


P.S. I thought 'the rack' referred to a torture device but it just occurred to me it's the power rack. Probably. Just now. 

You can ask @Grumble what I thought it was when he suggested it

Spoiler

it was boobs

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

You can ask @Grumble what I thought it was when he suggested it

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Way to put him on blast, as the kids would say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

 

You can ask @Grumble what I thought it was when he suggested it

 

So there are three possible interpretations of the name of this hangout, and only one is a dangerous torture device. Unless you're thinking of high rep squats. Or underwires. Okay, three potential sources of torment. Hmmmmmmmm. And only two of them are things you could balance a mug of mead upon, unless of course your, um, home gym is extraordinarily well equipped.

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

The possibilities are endless! (Or you know, 4. Same thing.)

 

one, two, many, infinite... 

Mmm. Lammmmmb. Lamb shanks in red wine. With mashed potato and buttery green beens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Harriet said:

And only two of them are things you could balance a mug of mead upon, unless of course your, um, home gym is extraordinarily well equipped.

 

Or you pour your mead into a champagne flute.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harriet said:

Mmm. Lammmmmb. Lamb shanks in red wine. With mashed potato and buttery green beens.

I can't visit any thread these days without needing to eat.... 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gyms in my state reopened today.

 

The gym I belong sent out a survey to all members two weeks ago, when the plans for reopening the state were announced, and asked a lot of questions about what they would need to do for members to feel safe returning to the gym. A couple of days ago, in anticipation of reopening, every member was sent a long list of the changes they have made to their facilities, and an equally long list of how members are expected to behave to minimize the risk of spreading the virus. The email implied very strongly that if you are not willing to adhere to these expectations you don't need to be in the gym. They also offered all members who were not comfortable returning yet, the option of freezing their membership for an additional 60 days at no charge.

 

I just received an email confirming that my membership has been frozen and normal billing will resume on the 29 of July. I know this is the right thing for me to do, as my immune system is easily confused and not always operating the way it should, but it still makes me sad. Self-Indulgence is throwing a screaming tantrum that's about to turn into a long crying session, and I suspect she's going to be inconsolable for a while.

 

It's the right thing to do. We're reopening too early. It is not worth the risk. Not to me, or to everyone else going to the gym. It's not safe to return to the barbells yet, regardless of how much I want to. But it's making me a little sad right now none the less.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea.. I’m still sad/upset we can’t open yet, but it is also a relief because it would be too soon. But at least I can personally go lift barbells, I’m sorry you don’t have that option :( 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

It's the right thing to do. We're reopening too early. It is not worth the risk. Not to me, or to everyone else going to the gym. It's not safe to return to the barbells yet, regardless of how much I want to. But it's making me a little sad right now none the less.

 

It is sad. I'm sorry you have to choose between the lovely barbells and prioritising your safety (I'm sorry for me, too, now I think on it). But the bars will wait for you. They'll still be there when it's time to go back. And in the meantime you can have a meaningless lifting affair with some dumbbells. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Harriet said:

But the bars will wait for you. They'll still be there when it's time to go back. And in the meantime you can have a meaningless lifting affair with some dumbbells. 

 

This is more or less exactly what I tell myself. The iron is eternal. It will be there for me when it is safe to return.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.