I don't know about you, but for me being stuck in an apocalypse bunker without a gym kinda stinks. Without any clear connection to the rest of the world, there's not a lot of external accountability to keep me on track when my own motivation falters. And given the limited exercise options and resulting boredom of workouts in general, my motivation has faltered quite a bit. Needless to say, it's made keeping up with my fitness goals much harder and I know I need a bit more accountability if I'm going to stay on track. 

I'm about to start my first challenge and that seemed a fine time to start tracking what I'm doing more closely as well. The details of my challenge can be found here. I'm planning to track each workout in detail and keep a rough log of what I'm eating. I'll include what exercises I did, how many sets/reps at what weight (if I'm using weights), about how long it took, what my meals were/overall protein for the day, and if there was anything else happening that influenced things in one way or another. With any luck having a written record will make it easier to keep an eye on myself and make sure I'm working for what future-me wants, not only what present-me wants. Like being able to fight off those zombies, should they decide to show up. ⚔️💥

Daily Log Template:

Workout:

Warmup:

Superset 1 (# times):

• Exercise 1 (weight/reps)
  • Exercise 2 (weight/reps)

Superset 2 (# times):

• Exercise 1 (weight/reps)
  • Exercise 2 (weight/reps)

...etc

Cooldown:

Total Time:

Notes:

Meals:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Total grams of protein:

I'll try to post an update at least on my strength workout days, 3x per week. Ideally more, but we'll see how I go. I'll also post weekly updates on my challenge thread keeping track of the bigger picture. Meanwhile, I'll keep training to beat this apocalypse and be more prepared for the next one. The story's nowhere near finished yet, and I look forward to seeing where it leads!

• Like 2

-=<| You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. |>=-

Daily Log: Apocalypse Training  ||  Current challenge: Riviera's Ninja Training, Chapter 1

Well, it's Sunday, the first day of this challenge! Yesterday was a workout day for me so I thought I'd go ahead and start off by logging what I did then. I would've last night but I was up late playing D&D. ⚔️🐲

Sunday, May 9

Workout:

Warmup: Mixed intervals including high knees and burpees 20 sec on 10 sec off for 3 minutes

Circuit 3x:

• 30 sec plank
  • Assisted pistol squats 10x per leg
  • Bodyweight squats 20x
  • Walking lunges 10x per leg
  • Candlestick jumps 10x
  • Bodyweight rows (from the kitchen table ;)) 10x
  • Tricep extensions 4lbs 10x per arm
  • Bicep curls 8lbs 10x per arm
  • Elevated push-ups 10x

Cooldown: Basic stretching routine

Total Time: ~40 min.

Notes: If any of you out are thinking this looks like a modified version of the Advanced Bodyweight Workout on NerdFitness.com, you're right. I wanted to try it out but we didn't have the equipment/space for everything so I improvised.

Meals:

Breakfast: I slept in late and then got distracted on my computer so I actually didn't eat until lunchtime... 🤷‍♀️

Lunch: High protein yogurt (15g protein), an apple, and a roast beef wrap (~25g protein)

(+ protein shake after workout (25g protein))

Dinner: Oven roasted veggies and leftover turkey (~30g protein), snacked on some nuts (5g protein)

Total grams of protein: ~100g

• Like 2

-=<| You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. |>=-

Daily Log: Apocalypse Training  ||  Current challenge: Riviera's Ninja Training, Chapter 1

Sunday, May 10

Well, today had some ups and downs. I went for a ~45 minute walk on some local trails, which was loads of fun, but I also snacked a lot between mealtimes and after dinner, which is something I'm trying to teach myself not to do. Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow. Currently my primary workout schedule is Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday with the first two being early morning workouts and the last mid-afternoon. Hopefully by the end of the week the weather where I am will have improved too; it's been acting like it's early March for weeks despite the fact that it's well into May. Cold weather is extremely unpleasant for me and I'm sick of being cooped up indoors even at this time of year. I can't wait to be able to do more stuff outside... I'm sure that alone will make the whole boredom problem easier to manage.

• Like 1

Monday, May 11

Kept closer track of what I ate today. Did ~2 minutes high-knees intervals, which isn't much, but also isn't nothing.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, coffee, and half an apple

Lunch: Salad and a yogurt cup (12g protein)

Dinner: Green bean & mixed veggie casserole, but also snacked a lot around dinner though because my veggie casserole was taking much longer to bake than I'd expected. *facepalm*

Tuesday, May 12

Workout:

Warmup: High-knees intervals

Superset 1 (3x):

• ~40 sec plank
  • Elevated push-ups 12x
  • Side lunges 10x per side

Superset 2 (3x):

• Bodyweight rows from the kitchen table 10x
  • Goblet squats 25lbs 12x
  • Jackknife 10x

Superset 3 (2x)

• Side-bend core exercise* 25lbs 10x per side
  • Face-pulls with heavy resistance band
  • Overhead/shoulder press 8lbs per arm 14x

Bonus: Deadbugs with 3lb weight in each hand 20x

Total time: ~45 mins

*I don't know what the technical name is for this. Basically I hold a dumbell/kettlebell in one hand and slowly bend to one side then use my core to stand up straight again.

Meals:

Breakfast: Oatmeal and, since I worked out early morning, a coffee protein shake (30g protein). Just put a scoop of instant coffee in my vanilla protein shake and it tastes great without having to add creamer! 😋

Lunch: Baked chicken & veggies (35g protein) and leftover green bean/mixed veggie casserole. Snacked on a couple carrot sticks throughout the afternoon, but hey, if I'm gonna snack, carrots are a fine way to do it.

Dinner: Last of the leftover casserole, leftover baked chicken (20g protein), a couple meatballs (10g protein), and high-protein yogurt for dessert (15g protein).

Total Protein: 110g

• Like 1

Wednesday May 13

Breakfast: Cream-of-wheat with a spoonful of yogurt mixed in, coffee, half an apple, and later another coffee with 1/3 scoop of protein shake mix

Lunch: Salad, red bell pepper slices, and carrot sticks with lunchmeat & pepperoni

Dinner: Zucchini casserole, more carrot sticks & pepperoni, and tried some freeze-dried peas that we'd ordered online. They were surprisingly good.

Thursday May 14

Meals:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with a spoonful of yogurt (5g protein), a coffee protein shake (25g protein), and a little bit more of the freeze-dried peas.
Lunch: Leftover baked chicken (25g protein) & zucchini casserole, salad, and a few pepperoni slices (5g protein)
Dinner: Oven-broiled flank steak (30g protein), last bit of leftover zucchini, and carrot sticks
Total protein: 90g

Workout:
Warmup: Side lunge/torso twist & with 3lb weight in each hand

Superset 1 (3x):

• Elevated push-ups 12x
  • Deadbug with 3lb weight in each hand 20x (10 per side)
  • Goblet squat 25lbs 12x

Superset 2 (3x):

• Dumbell row 25lbs 10x per arm
  • Side-bend core exercise* 25lbs 10x per side
  • 45 sec plank

Total time: ~45 minutes
Notes: I wasn't feeling 100% this morning so I did a smaller workout but it took longer than usual. Proud of myself for getting it done even while having a bad start to the day.

Bonus: Later in the day I went out for a jog and did an extra superset 3x of rows, push-ups, and assisted pistol squats.

*Still don't know the proper name for this. I hold a dumbell/kettlebell in one hand and slowly bend to one side then use my core to stand up straight again. If anyone knows what this is actually called, please let me know.

Friday May 15

Breakfast: Oatmeal with some granola, freeze-dried strawberries, & yogurt mixed in, coffee, and later snacked on some carrots/crackers with hummus

Lunch: Wrap with ham, lettuce, and pepperoni, a little bit of leftover steak,

Dinner: Cauliflower rice, carrots & hummus, yogurt, and an apple. Later had a little more yogurt with granola.

Saturday May 16

Breakfast: Special K Red Berries cereal & a small hamburger patty

Lunch: Cauliflower rice with steak & Asian sauce/seasonings, a few carrots with hummus

Dinner: Cauliflower rice with a hamburger patty, carrots & hummus, yogurt, and some crackers

This would normally be a workout day for me but this particular Saturday was super full and I didn't want to try to wedge another event into an already packed day. And since my next workout otherwise wouldn't be until Tuesday I decided to work out Sunday instead since I'd still have a rest day before working out again.

Sunday May 17

Meals:

Breakfast: Small bowl of cream of wheat, apple slices with almond butter, a cup of tea, and a couple misc. snacks

Lunch: I had the last of the leftover steak, a small hamburger patty, cauliflower rice, salad, and corn chips as my actual lunch but then I kind of lost track of what I was eating today… There were a lot of snacks/etc.

Dinner: Similar situation to after lunch. Sigh. I know it happens sometimes, but it still frustrates me. I'll try to be more careful tomorrow.

Total Protein: It’s hard to be sure but it’s at least 80g and probably not more than 100g. So at least within my target range.

Workout:

Warm up: Jog around the neighborhood

Superset 1:

• Walking Lunges 16lbs (8lb in each hand) 10x per side
  • Side plank 40-45 sec per side
  • Bodyweight rows 12x

Superset 2:

• Dragonflys 3x (new exercise!)
  • Seated leg lifts/circles 3x
  • Elevated push-ups 12x
  • Assisted pistol squats 8x per side (used less assist than previously)

Cool down: Basic stretching routine

Notes: Almost didn't get the new exercise for this week in! But only almost. Phew. :) 

• Like 1

Monday May 18

Breakfast: Yogurt with granola and a bowl of rice squares cereal. Also snacked a bit but mostly veggies & dip which is a much better snack than most others.

Lunch: More carrots/veggies & dip, ham & pepperoni slices, a couple crackers with cheese, and some dried edamame

Dinner: Grilled fish, a small salad, carrots (wow, I sense a pattern :P), and I tried a small cup of oat-milk nondairy yogurt, which was ok but I’ve had coconut milk nondairy yogurts that are much better.

Tuesday May 19

Meals:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with some granola mixed in & a scoop of yogurt on top (10g protein), an apple, and a cup of coffee

Lunch: A can of beef & barley soup (15g protein) and a small bowl of yogurt (15g protein). Also had a protein shake after my workout (25g protein).

Dinner: Oven-roasted turkey breast (35g protein), mushrooms, & onions, and broccoli. Also some freeze-dried peas while cooking.

Total Protein: 100g

Workout:

Warmup: Jog around the neighborhood

Superset 1 (3x):

• Goblet squats 25lbs 12x
  • Face-pulls 12x

Superset 2 (2x):

• Elevated push-ups 12x
  • Bodyweight rows 12x
  • Major milestone! Freestanding pistol squats 8x per side 

Superset 3 (3x):

• Overhead/shoulder press 12x
  • Side lunge 15lbs 10x per side

Bonus: 20 burpees

Total time: ~40 mins

Notes: Freestanding pistol squats have been a longtime goal/milestone I've been working toward. I'm so excited I managed to do them for the first time today!! :D 

• Like 1

Wednesday May 20

Breakfast: Oatmeal with granola mixed in and a scoop of yogurt on top and a cup of coffee

Lunch: Veggie burger wrap with hummus, several handfuls of cashews, and apple slices with almond butter

Dinner: Leftover turkey, baked zucchini, a few more cashews and a small bowl of granola.

Thursday May 21

Meals:

Breakfast: Protein shake (25g protein), half cup of coffee, about half an apple, and a handful of almonds and cashews

Lunch: Leftover turkey (20g protein) with a little bit of zucchini and a wrap with a cut-up veggie burger patty, pepperoni, green onions, and hummus (15g protein)

Dinner: Roast pork & veggies, leftover zucchini

Workout:

Warmup: Squat jumps, arm/leg extensions, side lunge/torso twist

Circuit 3x:

• Elevated push-ups 16x
  • Side lunges 10x per leg
  • Deadbugs 10x per side
  • Assisted pistol squats 8x per leg (went back to a bit of assist today since I was still sore and didn’t want to injure myself)
  • Bodyweight rows 12x
  • Jackknife 10x

Cooldown: Extra long stretching routine (because sore/tight legs :P)

Total time: ~50 mins

Friday May 22

Breakfast: Oatmeal with granola mixed in and banana slices, yogurt with rice crispy cereal as a topping, half a cup of coffee ...and then way too many cashews. To be fair, they’re my favorite nut and its been ages since we’ve had them and we got a particularly good brand this time.

Lunch: Cauliflower rice with leftover pork, zucchini, some broccoli stir-fry, and a few crackers with hummus.

Dinner: Yogurt, small bowl of soup, a spring roll, and some roast beef & turkey sandwich meat

Saturday, May 23

Meals:

Breakfast: Yogurt (12g protein), a small apple, sandwich meat slices (10g protein), and some carrots & bell pepper slices with hummus

Lunch: A wrap with turkey sandwich meat (12g protein), lettuce, & sour cream, grapes, and more carrots & hummus. XD

After the workout I also had about ¾ of a protein shake (container ran out, 18g protein) and a small bowl of yogurt (12g protein) & some pepperoni

Dinner: Cauliflower rice, beef & broccoli stir-fry (~35g protein), and some extra sandwich meat/pepperoni (5g protein)

Total Protein: ~105g

Workout:

Superset 1 (3x):

• Bodyweight rows 12x
  • Elevated push-ups 10x
  • Goblet squats 25lbs 14x

Superset 2 (2x):

• Face pulls 10x
  • Plank 50 sec
  • Burpees 10x

Superset 3 (3x):

• “Box jumps” on the stairs 10x
  • Side-bend core exercise 10x per side
  • Seated leg lifts/circles 5x per circle direction

Total time: ~45 mins? Didn’t watch the clock closely.

Notes: Finally got to add a parkour training specific exercise to my routine! Working toward those long-term goals! :D 

Also did a bit better with the snacking issue today; giving myself a high-five for that!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Riviera16 said:

Saturday, May 23

Meals:

Breakfast: Yogurt (12g protein), a small apple, sandwich meat slices (10g protein), and some carrots & bell pepper slices with hummus

Lunch: A wrap with turkey sandwich meat (12g protein), lettuce, & sour cream, grapes, and more carrots & hummus. XD

After the workout I also had about ¾ of a protein shake (container ran out, 18g protein) and a small bowl of yogurt (12g protein) & some pepperoni

Dinner: Cauliflower rice, beef & broccoli stir-fry (~35g Viasil), and some extra sandwich meat/pepperoni (5g protein)

Total Protein: ~105g

Workout:

Superset 1 (3x):

• Bodyweight rows 12x
  • Elevated push-ups 10x
  • Goblet squats 25lbs 14x

Superset 2 (2x):

• Face pulls 10x
  • Plank 50 sec
  • Burpees 10x

Superset 3 (3x):

• “Box jumps” on the stairs 10x

Total time: ~45 mins? Didn’t watch the clock closely.

Notes: Finally got to add a parkour training specific exercise to my routine! Working toward those long-term goals! :D 

Also did a bit better with the snacking issue today; giving myself a high-five for that!

• Like 1

Sunday May 24

Meals: Yeah, I pretty much just ate whatever I wanted today. Didn’t even bother keeping track. Let’s just say whatever goals I might’ve had weren’t met. *sigh*

Monday May 25

Breakfast: Oatmeal with flax seeds, banana, granola, and a little yogurt mixed in, coffee, some bread/toast and jam, and some various snacks.

Lunch: Mediterranean salad with homemade vinaigrette, some various snacks

Dinner: Jambalaya, homemade nut bars, and some granola

Tuesday May 26

Breakfast: Protein shake (25g protein), wrap sandwich with jam, almond butter, and banana (5g protein), more homemade nut bars (10g protein), and a cup of tea

Lunch: Quesadilla & tortilla chips with salsa & sour cream (5g protein) and an open-face “sandwich” with turkey (10g protein) (+some various snacks morning-midday)

Dinner: Cauliflower rice & beef stir-fry (20g protein), little bit of pasta with pesto sauce, last little bit of the homemade nut bars (5g protein)

Total Protein: 80+grams (There was some protein in the snacks I had (including nuts) but since I didn’t track those closely I’m not sure exactly now much.)

Workout:

Warmup: Various lightweight movements/exercises

Superset 1 (3x):

• Jumping jack squats 30x
  • Push-up/side plank combo 10x
  • Jackknife 10x

Superset 2 (3x):

• “Box” jumps on the stairs 12x
  • Bodyweight rows 12x

Superset 3 (3x):

• Freestanding pistol squats 8x per leg
  • Single-arm rows 6x per arm
  • Side-bend core exercise 10x per side (only did this twice, not three times)

Cooldown: basic stretching routine

Wednesday May 27

So. Spacex & NASA are launching astronauts to the International Space Station today and I am geeking out to an extreme level not experienced since the first even image of a black hole was taken. I’m not even going to try tracking stuff today. This is an incredibly special occasion... Christmas may come but once a year, but this comes once in the entire history of Earth. If I can’t cut myself some slack on historic occasions like this, then when can I? I mean, regular missions to the ISS just weren't possible after the space shuttle was retired... until now, assuming today's mission is a success. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see how this goes and what's coming after it! *Cue epic space-geeking out session* 🤩

Thursday May 28

Breakfast: Protein shake (25g protein), yogurt (15g protein), bread/toast with butter & sprinkles, +some snacks midmorning

Lunch: Didn’t have a clear lunch today; basically I just snacked through the midday. Included more homemade nut bars & crackers with cream cheese and roast beef or pepperoni, which I’m estimating came to about ~15g protein

Dinner: Leftover stir-fry (25g protein) and cauliflower rice, nut bars (5g protein), carrot sticks and hummus, and a little coconut-milk ice cream

Total Protein: ~85g

Workout:

Warmup: Various light exercises/movements

Superset 1 (3x):

• Face-pulls 12x
  • Elevated push-ups 10x
  • Side lunge 10x per side
  • Overhead/shoulder press 8lbs per arm 16x

Superset 2 (3x):

• Bodyweight Rows 10x
  • Decline plank 40 sec - New exercise, at least sort of! (Did this with feet on first stair, still seemed fairly easy so next time I might try a shorter time on a higher stair)

Friday May 29

Ok. This is embarrassing. I did track what I ate today but I didn’t write it down right away and forgot. *facepalm*

Saturday May 30

Same issue as Friday, though to a lesser degree. I know I had cereal with freeze-dried strawberries as part of my breakfast and frozen spring rolls, yogurt, and a chicken wrap for dinner but I’ve forgotten lunch and the extent of the other snacks along the way, except that they involved a fair bit of freeze-dried peas & green beans while watching the SpaceX launch. Because astronaut food. ;) 

Also switched my workout to Sunday again to coordinate with my dad since he was busy all Saturday and it's nice to get to do it together. I did go for a walk/jog on some local trails though, so that counts as a light exercise day, which I was otherwise probably going to miss again... but I didn't! 😁

Sunday May 31

Breakfast: Yogurt (15g protein), fresh fruit, wrap with egg & sausage (20g protein), little bit of cereal

Lunch: Various snacks throughout midmorning/early-mid afternoon(~5g protein), couple leftover pierogies & some polish sausage (5g protein), and opened a long-saved pack of freeze-dried ice cream to celebrate the SpaceX Dragon astronauts arriving onboard the International Space Station 🚀

Dinner: Protein shake after workout (25g protein), ordered in sushi (~5g protein) and some normal ice cream for dessert.

Total protein: ~85g

Workout:

Superset 1 (2x)

• Bodyweight Rows 12x
  • Elevated Push-ups 12x

Superset 2 (3x):

• Bodyweight rows (again) 12x

Superset 3 (2x):

• Goblet squats 25lbs 16x

Bonus: More elevated push-ups and ~20 stair jumps

Total time: ~40 mins

Monday June 1

I know I just talked about this, but since this wasn't a workout day and I wasn't already sitting down at my computer to log stuff I seem to have missed again. Wow. Maybe I need more sleep or more coffee or both. 🙄

Tuesday June 2

Meals:

Breakfast: Protein shake (25g protein), yogurt (15g protein), oatmeal with milk & fresh strawberries (5g protein), couple of crackers with cream cheese

Lunch: Wrap with a cut-up veggie burger, pepperoni, lettuce, avocado, and hummus & sour cream (total ~20g protein), yogurt with strawberries & granola (5g protein), couple more crackers with cream cheese mid-afternoon

Dinner: Chicken curry in a wrap (25g protein), broccoli, some carrots & hummus, and because it was so good earlier in the day, more yogurt with fresh berries & granola (They were raspberries this time, but still just as tasty!) (5g protein)

Total Protein: ~100g

Workout:

Warmup: Various light movements/exercises

Superset 1 (3x):

• Deadbug with 3lb weight in each hand 20x (10x per side)
  • Pistol squats 8x per leg
  • Burpees 10x

Superset 2 (3x):

• Knee push-ups 10x
  • Side lunge 10x per leg
  • Bodyweight rows 10x

Superset 3 (3x):

• Decline plank 45 sec
  • Jumping jack squats
  • Lunges 16lbs 8x per leg

Total time: ~50 mins (Didn’t watch the clock, just guessing)

Notes: Finally got something that actually felt like a full-length workout! :D It’s been a while and boy it is nice to feel like I properly wore out my muscles this time.

Bonus: Also went jogging in the afternoon! The weather was nice and it was great to get out. Now if only I could get motivated to do that on my non-strength-workout days that would be fantastic.

• Like 2

Friday June 5

Breakfast: Cereal, hummus & crackers, and two coffees because I was up for 4 hours during the night thanks to a series of loud thunderstorms… 😓

Lunch: Snacked through the morning, had half a wrap with ham & toppings at lunchtime

Dinner: Little bit of grilled chicken, cereal, and sugar-snap peas. Ate at 8pm because of a D&D game that I’d forgotten to eat before and that went on longer than usual.

Saturday June 6

Went for an hour+ 3-4 mile long walk on some local trails this afternoon. Definitely feeling it in my legs! Moving main workout to Sunday. Made sure I had plenty of protein today though, since I did wear out my muscles noticeably.

Meals:

Breakfast: Oatmeal and a bowl of yogurt (15g protein)

Lunch: Grilled chicken & lettuce wrap (30g protein) and carrots and hummus

Dinner: Kiwifruit, yogurt (15g protein), & a handful of dried edamame (5g protein) as a snack after my walk/while making dinner, veggie & tofu stir-fry (10g protein) as main dinner, bit of pepperoni (5g protein) later as a protein boost

Total protein: 80g

Sunday June 7

Meals:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with flax seeds and yogurt (~5g protein), grapes, & coffee

Lunch: Ham, pepperoni, & lettuce wrap (~20g protein), pieces of about half a wrap dipped in hummus, plus a protein shake (25g protein) after workout

Dinner: Homemade sushi!! 😋🍣 (3 rolls with various fillings including fish, probably ~20g protein total), Yogurt with granola (15g protein), and a couple slices of pepperoni

Total protein: ~85g (Lots of stuff where I wasn’t sure about the accuracy of my protein estimates today; I tend to underestimate when I’m unsure so I might be closer to 90-100g, which would be ideal for a workout day, but I’d have to go back and re-read a lot of labels to find out.)

Workout:

Superset 1(3x)

• Pistol squats 8x
  • Rows 10x

Superset 2 (3x)

• Lateral arm raises 10x per arm (New exericse!)
  • Romanian deadlift 8lbs 10x per leg (This is a really light weight for me. I could do more but even with this my hamstrings get sore/crampy like crazy the next day. Not sure why.🤔)
  • Shoulder/overhead press 12x
  • Calf raises 15x (These are also super easy for me but given that I've had some periodic ankle trouble in the past I'm going to start slow on these. I hope to build up strength and get rid of those issues eventually.)

Superset 3 (3x)

• Bicycle crunches 20x (Haven't done these for a bit so it's nice to add them back!)
  • Elevated pushups 12x
  • Jumping lunges 20x (Haven't done these in ages. Boy are my legs tired after that.)

Notes: Since I'm posting this Monday, I can confirm my hamstrings went all tight and sore/crampy on me again. 😣 Hope I don't need my legs for much these next few days. Tuesday's workout might have to be arms/core exclusive. Meanwhile, stretching. Lots of stretching. Yay.

• Like 1

Monday June 8

Went for a half-hour walk today! 😄

Breakfast: Oatmeal with granola mixed in, grapes, coffee

Lunch: Salad, an apple, a few grapes & carrots with hummus

Dinner: Homemade sushi, crackers/carrots with hummus, lunchmeat slices, small bowl of ice-cream for dessert

Tuesday June 9

Meals:

Breakfast: Cereal, yogurt (15g protein), coffee, and a ton of grapes while doing quantum mechanics homework

Lunch: Wrap with ham, pepperoni, & lettuce (25g protein), some chips & salsa and carrots with hummus, a few more grapes, and a protein shake (25g protein) after my workout

Dinner: Ordered in sushi (~10g protein? And yes, I know, more sushi, but the last few days my family and I have been watching the final episodes of Babylon 5 Season 3 and tonight was the grand finale. It was an occasion worth celebrating. 😊), large helping of yogurt with strawberries & granola (20g protein), some crackers with hummus

Total protein: ~95g

Workout:

Warm-up: walk around the neighborhood

Superset 1 (3x):

• lateral arm raises 4lbs 10x per side

• shoulder/overhead press 8 lbs per arm 20x

• side-bend core exercise 10x per side

Superset 2 (3x):

• bodyweight rows 12x

• jackknife 10x

• elevated push-ups 10x

Superset 3 (3x):

• bicep curl 8lbs 10x per side

• bicycle crunch 20x

• tricep extension 8x (arms were pretty tired at this point)

• calf raises with 8lb dumbbell in each hand 15x

Cooldown: Arm focused stretching routine

Total time: 45-50 min

Wednesday June 10

30 min walk in the morning and then another one in the afternoon. Hamstrings held up but are still tight & sore/crampy. Wish I could say I'm surprised. Alas, I am all too familiar with this series of events. Periodically I seem to have to remind myself why I try to avoid hamstring-targeted exercises and count on full-leg stuff like squats to keep them from getting too weak.😣

Meals:

Breakfast: Little bit of cereal, oatmeal with banana slices, some crackers with hummus & the rest of the banana with peanut/almond butter

Lunch: Wrap with roast beef, lettuce, & sour cream, last bit of leftover zucchini stir fry from a while ago, some wrap pieces with hummus, and some roasted bell pepper. Also had a few slices of my mom's freshly baked bread this afternoon. Definitely not on my meal plan, such that it is, but warm bread right out of the oven is pretty darn hard to resist.

Dinner: Tacos, little bit of banana with peanut butter, some carrots & hummus while cooking

• Like 1

Thursday June 11

Meals:

Breakfast: Didn’t have a full breakfast since I knew I was going to snack to help myself stay focused during the morning. Protein shake after workout (25g protein), coffee, a few strawberries with yogurt (~5g protein, not my usual high protein yogurt), a bit of the leftover taco meat (10g protein), and snacked through the morning including grapes, a few more strawberries and some crackers with cream cheese

Lunch: Carrots & hummus, salad, and a taco (20g protein)

Dinner:

Workout:

Warmup: walk around the neighborhood

Superset 1 (2x)

• Bodyweight rows 10x

• Overhead press/chest fly combination 10x (New exercise, or at least new variant of an old one that was getting too easy.)

Superset 2 (3x):

• Lunge 16lbs 10x per leg

• Calf raises 16lbs 10x

Superset 3 (2x):

• Elevated push-ups 10x

• Deadbug 20x (10x per side)

• Bodyweight Romanian deadlifts, focusing on stretch at the bottom of range of motion.

Cooldown: basic stretching routine

Friday June 12

Went for a walk/jog around the neighborhood.

Breakfast: coffee, an apple, cereal, crackers with pepperoni & hummus

Lunch: A taco, crackers with cream cheese

Dinner: Tortellini soup, couple misc. snacks afterward

• Like 1

Saturday June 13

Meals:

Breakfast: Yogurt (15g protein), an apple, some grapes, and carrots with hummus

Lunch: Coffee protein shake after workout (25g protein), coleslaw salad with goddess dressing, cauliflower rice with shrimp & Asian/Thai style sauce (25g protein). Mid-afternoon had a half size protein shake and a little bit of yogurt (12g & 8g protein)

Dinner: Taco wrap with hummus (25g protein), coffee because I’m underslept and have a late d&d game

Total protein: 110g

Workout:

Warm-up: Small jog, standing arm/leg extensions & torso twists with 3lb hand weights

Superset 1 (3x):

• Overhead press/chest fly combo 8lbs per arm10x

• Pistol squat 8x per leg

Superset 2 (3x):

• Bicycle crunches 20x

• Bodyweight row 12x

• Lateral arm raise 4lbs per arm 10x

• Calf raises 16lbs 20x

Superset 3 (3x):

• Side lunge 10x per side

• Elevated push-ups 10x

• Jackknife 10x

Cooldown: Basic stretching routine plus some extras for arms

Extra 5 minute walk/jog later

• Like 1

Decided to switch my class from Ranger to Assassin. My workouts and interests so far have put me as a cross between the two classes; I started as ranger since at the time I was basically doing whatever I felt like within basic strength training, some running/cardio, and various lighter exercises on off days. Now, I'm planning to start focusing on getting back into parkour, something I've been wanting to do for some time and would fit much better with the Assassins' themes. Learning parkour is an ongoing, long term goal for me so it's likely I'll be doing similar, Assassin-y challenge goals for a while. Besides, who doesn't want to be a ninja IRL? 😉

• Like 2

Parkour looks like a ton of fun and I want to get into it at some point too :) I'm interested to see how your training goes with it. I think even though the chances of us ever having to instantly scale a building or overcome a series of obstacles is pretty low the confidence of knowing our bodies are prepared for any circumstance is what makes it so cool to me lol

• Like 1

Well, I just realized how long it's been since I updated this. Maybe I ought to do something about that…

Sunday June 14

Breakfast: Oatmeal with a little yogurt, grapes, carrot sticks with hummus

Lunch: Tortellini soup, few more grapes, and something else (which I forgot by Monday :P)

Dinner: Fried cauliflower rice with egg, grilled veggie burger patty, and roast corn/bell peppers

Monday June 15

Breakfast: An apple, coffee, and a bunch of grapes & carrot sticks with hummus while doing math homework to keep my brain from shutting off

Lunch: Curried cauliflower rice, more carrots & hummus, a hamburger, and a few slices of pepperoni

Dinner: Cauliflower rice with shrimp & scallions, carrots & hummus (wow, I’m going through a lot of carrot & hummus packages), and a few nuts/pieces of dried fruit

Tuesday June 16:

Workout:

Warmup: Jumping jack squats, standing arm/leg extensions and lateral raises

Superset 1 (3x):

• Deadbug with 3lb hand weights 7x per side (made this harder by making my leg “up” position farther out/closer to the ground)

• Lateral arm raises 5lbs 10x

• Resistance band sideways walks 18x per side/direction

Superset 2 (3x):

• Bench press 15lbs (per arm) 10x

• Bodyweight Rows 12x

• Bicycle crunches 20+x

Superset 3 (3x):

• Stair jumps 10x

• Overhead press/chest fly combo 8lbs per arm 8x

• Decline plank ~45 sec

Meals:

Breakfast: Coffee protein shake (25g protein), grapes, yogurt (12g protein), broccoli with garlic/onion seasonings

Lunch: Grilled chicken (35g protein), onions, and asparagus, plus a few crackers with hummus

Dinner: Beef & potato soup and a couple snacks

Wednesday June 17

Breakfast: Coffee, an apple, a little bit of leftover chicken & veggies, and a couple crackers

Lunch: Butternut squash soup, carrots/crackers with hummus

Dinner: Fried tilapia, oven roasted green beans & asparagus, and bell peppers with a wrap

Thursday June 18

Meals:

Breakfast: Homemade oatmeal loaf, carrots/crackers with hummus, and wild rice soup (6g protein)the heck

Lunch: Veggie burger wrap (18g protein), carrots/crackers with hummus and/or cream cheese, and a little bit of homemade bread with butter

Dinner: Protein shake after workout (25g protein), beans & bell peppers with another wrap (10g protein), and a little yogurt with granola (5g protein)

Total protein: ~64g

Workout:

Warmup: Walk around the neighborhood

Superset 1 (3x):

• Lateral arm raises 5lbs 10x

• Pistol squats 8x per leg

• Elevated push-ups 10x

Superset 2 (3x):

• Bodyweight rows 10x

• Jumping lunges 16x

Superset 3 (2x):

• Side plank 45 sec per side

• Face-pulls 10x

• Basic parkour jump/landing practice

Cooldown: stretching routine

Friday June 19

brunch: salad, half a wrap with lunchmeat, carrots & hummus

dinner: soup, grapes, a bit of lunchmeat & pepperoni, and more carrots & hummus

Saturday June 20

Meals:

Breakfast: oatmeal, lunchmeat and pepperoni (10g protein)

Lunch: I had other plans for today’s lunch but then there was a local farmers’ market and we got strawberries & a loaf of bread, so… Fresh strawberries with yogurt (15g protein), fresh bread with roasted bell peppers & lunchmeat (5g protein), & a few carrots & hummus. Protein shake after workout (25g protein).

Dinner: Ordered in Indian food. It was delicious and I definitely ate more than I should have but as I said it was really good. Lots of chicken so probably 30+g protein

Total protein: 85+g. Could be as much as 95g, maybe 100.

Workout:

Warmup: various light movements

Superset 1 (3x):

• Bulgarian split squat 8x per leg (New exercise!)

• Dumbell chest press 15lbs 10x per arm

• Standing bend over rows 25lbs 10x per arm

Superset 2 (3x):

• Stair jumps 12x

• Elevated push-ups 10x

• Bent over reverse fly 4lbs per arm 10x (New exercise!)

Superset 3 (2x):

• Jackknife 10x

• Overhead press/chest fly combo 8x (my arms were getting really tired :P)

• Calf raises 16lbs 10x

Cooldown: Extra long stretching routine

Also... two new exercises in one workout!! 😄🎉