Sunday June 21

Went for a nice long walk/hike today, around 50-60 minutes. :D 

Breakfast: Yogurt and some other stuff I seem to have forgotten...

Lunch: Leftover Indian food

Dinner: Waited too long before writing this down and I seem to have forgotten this one. Oops...

Yeah, I should really know better than to wait more than a day before recording stuff by now. Oh well. It's not the end of the world. :P 

Monday June 22

Breakfast: Half an apple, coffee, yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, banana slices, and granola, later midmorning half a wrap with roast beef

Lunch: Leftover Indian food (still good 3rd day!)

Dinner: Salad, last little bit Indian leftovers, and some carrots with hummus

-=<| You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. |>=-

Daily Log: Apocalypse Training  ||  Current challenge: Riviera's Ninja Training, Chapter 1

Sunday June 21

Dinner: Waited too long before writing this down and I seem to have forgotten this one. Oops...

Monday June 22

Breakfast: Half an apple, coffee, yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, banana slices, and granola, later midmorning half a wrap with roast beef

Tuesday June 23

Workout:

Warm-up: jog around the neighborhood

Superset 1 (3x):

• elevated push-ups 12x

• pistol squats 8x per leg

• bentover reverse fly 4lbs 10x

Superset 2 (3x):

• seated leg lifts/circles 5x per circle direction

• bodyweight rows 10x

• face-pulls 10x

Superset 3 (3x):

• jumping lunges 20x

• bicycle crunches 20x

• lateral arm raises 4lbs 10x

Cooldown: basic stretching routine

Total time: ~50 mins

Meals:

Breakfast: Coffee protein shake with a scoop of cocoa powder to make it chocolatey (25g protein), fresh strawberries, and some pieces of lunchmeat and roast beef (10g protein) with crackers and a little hummus

Lunch: Grilled onion-hamburgers (25g protein), kale salad with balsamic vinaigrette, roasted bell peppers, & sun-dried tomatoes, and a bit of pepperoni (5g protein)

Dinner: Zucchini noodles with hamburger & sauce and sour cream (20g protein), oven roasted carrots and beets, and a bunch of grapes

Total protein: 85g

-=<| You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. |>=-

Daily Log: Apocalypse Training  ||  Current challenge: Riviera's Ninja Training, Chapter 1

Wednesday June 24

Breakfast: oatmeal with banana slices and the scoop of yogurt, a few grapes and pieces of the roasted veggies from last night

Lunch: leftover hamburger in a wrap with lettuce, carrots with hummus, and a few more grapes & roasted veggies

Dinner: grilled zucchini with homemade pesto, part of a veggie burger, roasted carrots, and some yogurt & fig/coconut energy bites

Thursday June 25

Meals:

Breakfast: coffee protein shake (25g protein), yogurt (10g protein), part of a hamburger and a bunch of slices of pepperoni (5g protein), an apple, some grapes and crackers & hummus, plus a couple fig/coconut bites

Lunch: kale salad, half a wrap with roast beef & pesto (10g protein), grapes,

Dinner: salmon with pesto (20g protein), cauliflower rice, roasted brussel sprouts/peas/carrots, yogurt (15g protein), and a few more fig bites

Workout:

warm-up: various light movements/exercises

Superset 1 (3x):

• bodyweight rows 10x
  • elevated push-ups 10x
  • bodyweight Romanian deadlifts 8x per leg (emphasis on stretch at bottom of movement)

Superset 2 (2x):

• overhead press/chest fly combo 8lb x10
  • side-bend core exercise 25lbs 10x per side
  • side lunge 10x per side

Also finally got to work on parkour rolls! :D Didn't even get that much grass in my hair; lucky me!

Total time: ~30 mins

Notes: This is basically half a workout, which is intentional given I had an outdoor personal training session scheduled for later today. So…

Bonus: PT session!

Did mostly lighter exercises, including ball ground slams & tosses, deadlift form practice, light weight farmer's carries, and some bodyweight rows and face pulls. Even if it was an easier workout than I'd expected it was nice to get to work with a personal trainer again, if only for a little bit, and it was good to find out that even though I haven't had a mirror to check myself for the last few months my form is still doing quite well. :) 

Friday June 26

Breakfast: oatmeal with a scoop of yogurt, an apple, coffee, some crackers with pepperoni and pesto, and a fig bite because they're tasty.

Lunch: leftover salmon, cauliflower rice, and roasted veggies, corn chips with pesto & Parmesan, and another fig bite

Dinner: Curry rice, half a wrap with butter & garlic (because I didn’t have naan :P),small bowl of cereal, and a little icecream

Saturday June 27

Meals:

Breakfast: yogurt (15g protein), crackers & cream cheese, baked ham (20g protein), granola, coffee, and a protein shake after workout (25g protein)

Dinner: pesto shrimp stir-fry (25g protein), cauliflower rice, roasted kohlrabi

Total protein: ~85g

Workout:

Warmup: various light movements

Superset 1 (3x):

• single leg RDLs (for hamstring flexibility)

• overhead press/chest fly combo 8lbs per arm 10x

• deadbug with 3lb hand weights

• Bulgarian split squats 10x per leg

Superset 2 (3x):

• bodyweight rows 10x

• elevated pushups 10x

• side step/lunge 16lbs 8x per leg

Superset 3: (2x):

• lateral arm raises 5lbs 10x

• jumping squats 10x

Plus parkour jump/landing and roll practice! :D 

total time: ~50 mins

Sunday June 28

breakfast: oatmeal with granola mixed in, coffee, and crackers with hummus

lunch: leftover pesto shrimp & cauliflower rice

dinner: ordered in the sushi for a home D&D session

Went for a walk today, nothing huge, but I definitely got outside to move around and stretch my legs, which felt really good.

Monday June 29

Breakfast: oatmeal with granola mixed in and coffee

Lunch: kale salad with pepperoni and a couple lunchmeat slices

Dinner: mixed veggie stir-fry with cauliflower rice

Went for a 15 minute jog. I think I probably did at least a mile given my speed and how tired I was at the end. Along the way I stopped at the playground that I usually pass on these jogs and, since they have a pull-up bar, decided to try lowering myself from the top of a pull-up position just to see how hard it was. I did three overhand grip at one underhand grip and then my arms felt pretty tired out so I decided not to push it. I'd love to try to add these into my workouts more regularly; despite worries about my wrists/grip strength I was able to do a few reps and since it's noticeably harder it will build strength more quickly. :D 

• Like 1

Tuesday June 30

Meals:

Breakfast: protein shake after workout (25g protein), a couple slices of ham and a bunch of pieces of pepperoni (~10g protein), yogurt (15g protein), and then a veggie burger with half a wrap and some hummus (15g protein) midmorning because even after all my earlier breakfast I still felt like I could eat a cow. Evidently I had a hard workout or something… :P

Lunch: fried tilapia filet (20g protein) with pesto and cauliflower rice

Dinner: curried lentils (10g protein) & cauliflower rice, a bit more yogurt (10g protein), and, since we finally got more groceries, carrots and hummus ;) 

Total protein: ~105g

Workout:

Warm-up: jog around the neighborhood. On the way back I did two more reps of lowering myself from the top of a pull-up position. I could tell my arms were still tired from yesterday.

Superset 1 (3x):

• overhead press/chest fly combo 8lbs 10x

• Bulgarian split squat 10x

• jackknife 10x

Superset 2 (3x):

• bicep curls 8lbs 8x first & second times, 4x third time

• jumping squats 10x

I did a little bit of roll practice between this superset and the next, still trying to work on keeping the proper leg in front when I come out of the roll. It's definitely throwing me off a little bit; over the last few years every time I've practiced I was doing it slightly wrong without realizing and now I have to unlearn what I spent all that time learning.

Superset 3 (2x):

• elevated push-ups 10x

• bodyweight rows 10x

• pistol squats 5x per leg

Cooldown: extra long stretching routine with emphasis on arm/shoulder stretches.

Notes: I had started the day slightly sore from the reverse pull-ups I did the day before and then proceeded to do an arm-intensive workout. If the four reps I did the previous day made me a little sore this morning I can only imagine how my arms will be after this… I think Thursday is going to have to be a leg day. :P 

• Like 1

Well… I just realized that even though I've been recording what I'm doing I have once again neglected to update this thread for a huge period of time. So I'm just gonna catch up on that now. I'll break it up into smaller posts rather than doing a single absurdly long one to make it easier for myself to see what happened when.

Sunday June 21

Monday June 22

Tuesday June 23

Workout:

Warm-up: jog around the neighborhood

Superset 1 (3x):

• elevated push-ups 12x

• bentover reverse fly 4lbs 10x

Superset 2 (3x):

• bodyweight rows 10x

• face-pulls 10x

Superset 3 (3x):

• jumping lunges 20x

• bicycle crunches 20x

• lateral arm raises 4lbs 10x

Total time: ~50 mins

Meals:

Breakfast: Coffee protein shake with a scoop of cocoa powder to make it chocolatey (25g protein), fresh strawberries, and some pieces of lunchmeat and roast beef (10g protein) with crackers and a little hummus

Lunch: Grilled onion-hamburgers (25g protein), kale salad with balsamic vinaigrette, roasted bell peppers, & sun-dried tomatoes, and a bit of pepperoni (5g protein)

Dinner: Zucchini noodles with hamburger & sauce and sour cream (20g protein), oven roasted carrots and beets, and a bunch of grapes

Wednesday June 24

Breakfast: oatmeal with banana slices and the scoop of yogurt, a few grapes and pieces of the roasted veggies from last night

Lunch: leftover hamburger in a wrap with lettuce, carrots with hummus, and a few more grapes & roasted veggies

Dinner: grilled zucchini with homemade pesto, part of a veggie burger, roasted carrots, and some yogurt & fig/coconut energy bites

Thursday June 25

Meals:

Breakfast: coffee protein shake (25g protein), yogurt (10g protein), part of a hamburger and a bunch of slices of pepperoni (5g protein), an apple, some grapes and crackers & hummus, plus a couple fig/coconut bites

Lunch: kale salad, half a wrap with roast beef & pesto (10g protein), grapes,

Dinner: salmon with pesto (20g protein), cauliflower rice, roasted brussel sprouts/peas/carrots, yogurt (15g protein), and a few more fig bites

Workout:

warm-up: various light movements/exercises

Superset 1 (3x):

• bodyweight rows 10x
  • elevated push-ups 10x
  • bodyweight Romanian deadlifts 8x per leg (emphasis on stretch at bottom of movement)

Superset 2 (2x):

• overhead press/chest fly combo 8lb x10
  • side lunge 10x per side

Also finally got to work on parkour rolls! :D The grass was damp, but only from dew, not rain, so it wasn't muddy, and at this point I was determined enough that I decided to "roll with it" anyway. ;) Bad puns aside, I thought I was able to get back my basic knowledge pretty quickly. Muscle memory is an amazing thing. Still, definitely get good to keep working on those in the weeks to come.

Total time: ~30 mins

Notes: This is basically half a workout, which is intentional given I had an outdoor personal training session scheduled for later today. So…

Bonus: PT session!

Did mostly lighter exercises, including ball ground slams & tosses, deadlift form practice, light weight farmer's carries, and some bodyweight rows and face pulls. Even if it was an easier workout than I'd expected it was nice to get to work with a personal trainer again, if only for a little bit, and it was good to find out that even though I haven't had a mirror to check myself for the last few months my form is still doing quite well.

Friday June 26

Breakfast: oatmeal with a scoop of yogurt, an apple, coffee, some crackers with pepperoni and pesto, and a fig bite because they're tasty.

Lunch: leftover salmon, cauliflower rice, and roasted veggies, corn chips with pesto & Parmesan, and another fig bite

Dinner: Curry rice, half a wrap with butter & garlic (because I didn’t have naan :P),small bowl of cereal, and a little icecream

Saturday June 27

Meals:

Breakfast: yogurt (15g protein), crackers & cream cheese, baked ham (20g protein), granola, coffee, and a protein shake after workout (25g protein)

Dinner: pesto shrimp stir-fry (20g protein), cauliflower rice, roasted kohlrabi,

Workout:

Warmup: various light movements

Superset 1 (3x):

• single leg RDLs (for hamstring flexibility)

• deadbug with 3lb hand weights

• Bulgarian split squats 10x per leg

Superset 2 (3x):

• bodyweight rows 10x

• elevated pushups 10x

• side step/lunge 16lbs 8x per leg

Superset 3: (2x):

• jumping squats 10x

Plus parkour jump/landing and roll practice!

total time: ~50 mins

Sunday June 28

breakfast: oatmeal with granola mixed in, coffee, and crackers with hummus

lunch: leftover pesto shrimp & cauliflower rice

dinner: ordered in the sushi for a home D&D session

Went for a walk today, nothing huge, but I definitely got outside to move around and stretch my legs, which felt really good.

Monday June 29

Breakfast: oatmeal with granola mixed in and coffee

Lunch: kale salad with pepperoni and a couple lunchmeat slices

Dinner: mixed veggie stir-fry with cauliflower rice

Went for a 15 minute jog. I think I probably did at least a mile given my speed and how tired I was at the end. Along the way I stopped at the playground that I usually pass on these jogs and, since they have a pull-up bar, decided to try lowering myself from the top of a pull-up position just to see how hard it was. I did three overhand grip at one underhand grip and then my arms felt pretty tired out so I decided not to push it. I'd love to try to add these into my workouts more regularly; despite worries about my wrists/grip strength I was able to do a few reps and since it's noticeably harder it will build strength more quickly.

Tuesday June 30

Meals:

Breakfast: protein shake after workout (25g protein), a couple slices of ham and a bunch of pieces of pepperoni (~10g protein), yogurt (15g protein), and then a veggie burger with half a wrap and some hummus (15g protein) midmorning because even after all my earlier breakfast I still felt like I could eat a cow. Evidently I had a hard workout or something… :P

Lunch: fried tilapia filet (20g protein) with pesto and cauliflower rice

Dinner: curried lentils (10g protein) & cauliflower rice, a bit more yogurt (10g protein), and, since we finally got more groceries, carrots and hummus ;)

Workout:

Warm-up: jog around the neighborhood. On the way back I did two more reps of lowering myself from the top of a pull-up position. I could tell my arms were still tired from yesterday.

Superset 1 (3x):

• overhead press/chest fly combo 8lbs 10x

• Bulgarian split squat 10x

• jackknife 10x

Superset 2 (3x):

• bicep curls 8lbs 8x first & second times, 4x third time

• jumping squats 10x

I did a little bit of roll practice between this superset and the next, still trying to work on keeping the proper leg in front when I come out of the roll. It's definitely throwing me off a little bit; over the last few years every time I've practiced I was doing it slightly wrong without realizing and now I have to unlearn what I spent all that time learning.

Superset 3 (2x):

• elevated push-ups 10x

• bodyweight rows 10x

• pistol squats 5x per leg

Cooldown: extra long stretching routine with emphasis on arm/shoulder stretches.

Notes: I had started the day slightly sore from the reverse pull-ups I did the day before and then did an arm intensive workout. If the four reps I did yesterday made me a little sore this morning I can only imagine how my arms will be tomorrow… I think Thursday is going to have to be a leg day. ;)

Wednesday July 1

Breakfast: yogurt, an apple, a small bowl of cereal, and a little bit of carrots and hummus

Lunch: veggie burger & roasted bell pepper wrap, small kale salad on the side, and a few crackers

Dinner: leftover veggie stirfry & cauliflower rice, a little bit of corn and bell peppers, and some more carrots with hummus

Thursday July 2

Meals:

Breakfast: cream of wheat, a small bowl of granola, and some crackers with pepperoni (5g protein) and hummus, and a protein shake after my workout (25g protein)

Lunch: yogurt and granola (15 g protein) shortly before noon to tide me over while I finished making my main lunch, homemade Panang curry (30g protein) + cauliflower rice! Let's just say, even if it took two hours it was so totally worth the effort. This was beyond delicious.

Dinner:

Workout:

warm up: short jog and various light movements

Superset 1 (3x)

• bicycle crunches 24x

Superset 2 (2x):

• side-bend core exercise 25lbs 10x

• Bulgarian split-squat 10x per leg

• jackknife 12x

• single-leg Romanian deadlifts 5lbs 10x per leg (focusing on hamstring stretch at bottom of movement)

Superset 3 (3x):

• stair jumps 12x

• decline plank ~30 sec with 10x shoulder push-up

• side lunge 8x per leg

Notes: I'm experimenting with adding a little bit of light weight to the Romanian deadlifts to see whether or not it causes my hamstrings to cramp the day after the workout. I'm hoping not since this is still absurdly easy, but my track record suggests otherwise.

Friday July 3

--

Saturday July 4

(Forgot to track during those last two days, but nothing out of the ordinary happened so I suppose it's not a big deal.)

Sunday July 5

Meals:

Breakfast: Protein shake after workout (25g protein), and some other stuff but once again I have forgotten :P

Lunch: Grilled-on-an-actual-grill hamburger with a wrap & barbecue sauce (30g protein), grilled onions, and corn

Dinner: Panang curry (new batch!)(25g protein) & cauliflower rice

Total protein: At least 80g

Workout:

Warm-up: light movements and a small jog

Superset 1 (3x):

• Bulgarian split-squats 10x per leg

• Lateral arm raises 5lbs 10x

• Bicycle crunches 24x

Superset 2:

• elevated push-ups 12x

• jumping squats 10x

• face-pulls 10x

Superset 3:

• Bodyweight rows 10x

• jumping lunges 16x

Monday July 6

Breakfast: Oatmeal, coffee

Lunch: Grilled zucchini & eggplant with miso-sauce, wrap with roast beef and pesto, several slices of lunchmeat

Dinner: Leftover curry and cauliflower rice

Tuesday July 7

Meals:

breakfast: yogurt (15g protein), protein shake (25g protein), most of an apple, and the last little bit of leftover curry with a wrap (10g protein)

lunch: wrap with turkey lunchmeat (15g protein) + lettuce, onions, and pesto

dinner: mixed roasted veggies and a few carrots with hummus & slices of lunchmeat (5g protein)

total protein: ~70g (a bit lower than I'd like for a workout day, but oh well.)

Workout:

Warm up: walk around the neighborhood and some light movements

Superset 1 (3x):

• bodyweight rows 10x

• elevated push-ups 10x

Superset 2 (3x):

• Bulgarian split squat 10x per leg

Superset 3 (3x):

• lateral arm raises 5lbs per arm 10x

• jackknife 10x

• bicycle crunches 20x

Wednesday July 8

Breakfast: Oatmeal, coffee, a few pieces of leftover veggies & pepperoni

Lunch: Leftover roast veggies & grilled eggplant/zucchini, a few carrots and crackers with hummus & pepperoni/lunchmeat

Dinner: Improvised stirfry including zucchini, onions, garlic scapes, and shrimp with cauliflower rice

Thursday July 9

Workout:

Warm-up: various light movements

Superset 1 (3x):

• face pulls 10x

• lateral arm raises 6lbs 8x

• bentover reverse fly 5lbs 8x

Superset 2 (3x):

• dead bug with 4lb hand weights20x

• single leg Romanian deadlift 6lbs 8x per leg (emphasis on stretch at bottom of range of movement)

Superset 3 (3x):

• chest press 15lbs per arm 10x

• stair jumps 10x

• jackknife 10x

Notes: increased the weight on the arm raises, reverse flys, and RDLs by 1lb. Definitely making progress on the first two without any drawbacks but I'm still watching for my tight-hamstring problem. Even if I keep increasing the weight I'm using by only 1lb increments I know somewhere between 5 pounds (which was fine) and 10 pounds (which caused cramping/tightness despite being super easy) I'm going to start noticing day-after super tightness showing up again. With any luck the onset of that tightness will be gradual enough that I can start working on that in a more effective manner.

Meals:

Breakfast: protein shake after workout (25g protein), two fried eggs with a toasted wrap (~17g protein), a few pieces of leftover roast veggies, and a little bit of lunchmeat (5g protein)

Lunch: toasted wrap with a veggie burger (18g protein), yogurt (15g protein), and salad

Dinner: swedish meatballs (25g protein) with zucchini noodles, a few carrots with hummus

Friday July 10

Breakfast: Oatmeal, coffee, a couple apple slices, and a few carrot sticks with hummus

Lunch: Wrap with turkey lunchmeat, lettuce, and avocado ranch dressing, some carrots & crackers with hummus

Dinner: Leftover stir-fry with cauliflower rice, baked fish with a little coconut milk

Saturday July 11

Meals:

Breakfast: ?

Lunch: Protein shake (25g protein), ?

dinner: Stirfried cabbage & veggies (inspired by mu shu vegetables but as I wasn't following a recipe it came out a bit different than the actual dish I've been thinking of)

Workout:

Did a group workout class via Zoom in the morning and followed up with some basic strength exercises during the afternoon including rows, elevated push-ups, tricep extensions, chest flys, and a few pistol squats

Sunday July 12

Breakfast: oatmeal and coffee

lunch: Wrap?

Dinner: brisket, cauliflower rice, and roasted green beans

Monday July 13

Breakfast: yogurt, an apple, and a cup of coffee

lunch: stirfry veggie wrap and some carrots with hummus

dinner: Mexican-style chicken tortilla soup with toasted corn tortilla chips

Tuesday July 14

Meals:

breakfast: oatmeal with a scoop of yogurt (5g protein), a few carrots with hummus, and a cup of highly caffeinated tea

lunch: protein shake after workout (25g protein), leftover brisket (20g protein) with cauliflower rice and green beans, some more carrots and hummus, and a few roast beef lunchmeat slices (5g protein)

dinner: Homemade tacos! Toppings included bell peppers, onions, avocado, and sour cream. I had three on a small corn tortillas. Overall about 30g protein

Workout:

warm-up: various leg movements

Superset 1 (3x):

Superset 2 (3x):

• bodyweight rows 10x

• side plank 30 sec per side

• parkour jump/landing practice back and forth on the sidewalk, trying to land directly on the sidewalk cracks

Superset 3 (3x):

• elevated push-ups 12x

• bent over reverse fly 5lbs 10x

• lateral arm raise 5lbs 10x

Cooldown: arm focused stretching routine

total time: ~50 minutes

Wednesday July 15

breakfast: yogurt, an apple, and a cup of coffee

lunch: chicken tortilla soup with leftover onions/bell peppers and some tortilla chips crumbled on top, carrots with hummus

dinner: Tuna & zucchini patties, some more carrots with hummus, and snacks on some bits and pieces of various leftovers

Also went for a short walk and did six pull up negatives today! :D 

Thursday July 16

Meals:

breakfast: coffee, an apple, a small piece of banana bread, one leftover tuna patty (5g protein), and some carrots with balsamic dressing/dip

lunch: Taco wrap (~25-30g protein) & some carrots with hummus, protein shake after workout (25g protein)

dinner: Panang curry! :D (30 protein) With cauliflower rice. 

Total protein: ~85-90g

Workout:

Warm-up: Various light movements

Superset 1 (3x):

• Lateral walks with moderate resistance band 15 steps in each direction

• Pavlov press with heavy resistance band 30 sec per side

• Lateral arm raises 6lbs 8x

Superset 2 (3x):

• Bulgarian split squat 8x per leg (I used a higher chair for my back leg this time so these were noticeably harder than before)

• Rows with two heavy resistance bands 12x

• Decline plank 60 sec

Superset 3 (3x):

• Single arm chest press 15lbs 10x per arm

• Jumping jack squats 20x

• Dead bug with 3lbs hand weights 20x

Cooldown: Basic stretching routine