Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War!

Today is an excellent day for today I have noticed that my bingo wings are finally giving way to the tricep muscles underneath! I can look forward to some definition in my arms! 

Other Succeses

• Books (10/350) 'Master and Margherita'

I'm currently up to chapter four and I'm really enjoying it, it's not quite what I expected, but I'm looking forward to reading more!

•  Calories Counted: 1,935

I woke up today feeling quite full and I managed to put off having big meals to fit in a delicious Strawberry and Banana Waffle with White Chocolate sauce

• Bodyweight Routine:

I completed 10 pull ups/10 dip negatives/10 incline rows/10 second L-hang /10 incline push ups/10 reverse hyperextension tucks/10 split squats

• Episodes of The Office (1/35) 'The Dundies'

Back Bend stretch routine culminating in a Full Wheel, which doesn't look very bendy, but I managed to push up into it three times

Screenshot_20200509-231130_Video Player.jpg

• Like 1

Battle Log: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War// Challenge 1 (Do Over) // Respawn Log: Continue [Y]/[N]

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” 

Thief of Time

Today was a good day to start off getting back on the road!

Successes to be celebrated:

• Miles walked: 10.2 

A lot of this is down to job, which means I am so much more physically active than I was before. More physical activity, better mood, less temptation to eat the feelings. Speaking of which...

•  Calories consumed: 1,729kcal

Today was the second day I forgot to pack food, so I ended up getting a sandwich to go along with some cookies to snack on (the fact that Subway have now opened back up means that their Oatmeal & Raisin cookies have never been more tempting). Nevertheless, I didn't go OTT and kept the final count within sight of my 1,680kcal limit. I also kept to my rule of having a piece of fruit/veg with every meal.

• Workout
    • Step ups (4 sets of 5)/Elevated push ups (4 sets of 5)/Band pull aparts (4 sets of 8 )/Side planks (1 set of 40 secs/1 set of 30 secs)/Front lever pull (4 sets of 8)/Ring rows (2 sets of 8)/Straight arm support (4 sets of 5 secs) 

I thought I would try and be clever and work out before I walked to work, so to preempt the excuse that I was too tired from work to workout, my quads have since informed me that this was an unwelcome decision as they have been hurting all day,  To finish off I did the Diamond Dozen Introduction from DDP Yoga, which was surprisingly tough. 

•   Chapter: Medici Money

I stumbled across this book when trying to figure out if the Pazzi conspiracy from NBC's Hannibal was a real thing, and it was! Realising that I actually didn't know that much about the Medici family, despite knowing that they are supposed to be a fascinating part of Florence's history urged me forward in reading this book. The first chapter is especially interesting as iy talks about the effect the Black Plague had on the economy in Italy at that time.

• Like 1

Battle Log: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War// Challenge 1 (Do Over) // Respawn Log: Continue [Y]/[N]

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” 

Thief of Time

Successes to be celebrated:

• Calories consumed: 1,680kcal

Work was exhausting, that kind of exhausting that makes you want to consume your weight in take out once you've walked out the door. I ended giving in and getting cheeseburger, nuggets and breaded mushrooms and thankfully enough I came in on my caloric limit. The combination of having protein for breakfast and being really busy all day meant that I wasn't sat around snacking on chocolate cornflake cakes

• Miles walked: 7.4 

So I had to get a lift home as my kettlebells turned up, and there was no way I would be able to walk home carrying three kettlebells weighing in total of 28kg. I can now incorporate the NerdFitness kettlebell routine into my workouts.

• Workout 
    • Elevated push ups (3 sets of 10)/Wall slides (3 sets of 10)/Leg lower down (3 sets of 10)/Front lever pull (4 sets of 😎

Morning workouts are definitely a thing I that I'm trying to get used to. Leg lower downs were surprisingly hard, especially when trying to keep my lower back on the floor

•   Book: Guards, Guards! By Terry Pratchett 

I did try reading Medici Money, but I wasn't feeling it today; so, instead of letting that excuse stop me, I chose to read the first book of the adventures of Sam Vimes for inspiration.

• Like 1

Thief of Time

03/04/2020 

Overview!

I may have went a little OTT with the kettlebells I received yesterday, but I have no regrets - it feels like a door has opened up and I have access to a lot more workouts that I didn't have before (I'm looking at you Jefferson curls!).

• Calories consumed: 1,706kcal  

That's 26kcals over my limit, which is pretty good, I had the opportunity to eat another 3 or 400kcals, but I managed to exercise some self control

•  Miles walked (and ran!): 6.5miles

I downloaded Zombies, Run and I laced up my trainers and did some interval jogging for 2.5 miles - the heavens had opened and it was pouring down and it was so nice just to get out and jog. I'm never been that keen on cardio, but this was quite nice.

•  Workout
    •  Kettlebell swing (8kgs 3 sets of 8)/Inch worms (4 sets of 5)/Farmers walk (12kgs 4 sets for 1 min each)/Assisted pull up (on rings) (4 sets of 5)/Ring rows (4 sets of 8 at 45*)/Straight arm holds (on rings) (4 sets at 5 secs/2 sets of 10 secs)/Hanging scapula retractions (4 sets of 5)/Kettlebell halos (8kgs 3 sets of 8)/Goblet squat (12kgs 3 sets of 10)/Kettlebell overhead press (8kgs 3 sets of 7)
    • 45mins front split

Yeah, I might have went OTT, but I was bored and had nothing to do all day. It was exhausting in the best possible way and I got such a good sleep that night. I found a good front split walk through and I tried it and it killed me, my hamstrings are too tight. 

•  Book: Medici Money

Definitely enjoying it! It's really well written and it's weaves stories with facts it a really engaging way, and it's interesting to read about the lengths people went to when trying to get around sumptuary laws issued in Florence at that time!

• Like 1

Thief of Time

04/07/2020

• Calories consumed: 1,634kcal 

To even eat under 2,000kcal on a Saturday is something that I struggle with, I didn't think I could do that, let alone eat under my calorie goal!  

•  Miles walked/ran: 6.5

The weather was very... atmospheric last night when I went for my run; the wind had picked up late afternoon and continued on late into the night, it almost felt like a storm was on it's way. This, combined with the fireworks being let off, made my session feel very dramatic, I quite liked it.

• Work out 
    •  Kettlebell Halos (8kgs 3 sets of 8)/Goblet squats (12kgs 3 sets of 10)/Kettlebell overhead press (8kgs 3 sets of 5/6)/Kettlebell swings (8kgs 3 sets of 10)/Kettle tricep press (8kgs 3 sets of 8)/Ring rows (2 sets of 8)/Straight arm holds (rings) (4 sets of 5 secs)/Assisted chin ups (3 sets of 5)
    • Middle splits: 35mins

The kettlebell overhead press is hard, I've had to drop down from 7 reps to 5; I'm planning on adding Turkish Get Ups to the mix to help strengthen my baby bird shoulders. Middle splits definitely did not leave me with the DOMS that the front split walkthrough did, but I'm annoyed that I don't have the room to complete all the exercises in the walkthrough  

•  Book: Medici Money

Thing that I learnt from this reading session: not only has there been an instance where three men were fighting to claim the title of Pope, but there is a long history of these 'anti-Popes'.

• Like 1

Thief of Time

Fell behind a little! However, to catch up - 

Workout

• 5th July
    • Kettlebell halos (8kgs 3 sets of 8 )/Goblet squats (12kgs 3 sets of 10)/Kettlebell swings (8kgs 1 set of 15/2 sets of 10)/Kettlebell overhead press (8kgs 3 sets of 5)/Kettlebell bent over row 8kgs 3 sets of 8)/Incline ring row (4 sets of 8)/Straight arm holds (4 sets of 10secs) Hanging scapula retractions (4 sets of 5)
    • Running: 4.24km at 33:59 
  • 6th July
    • No official work out, but I did carry slabs of granite into car and out of car
  • 7th July 
    • Step ups (4 sets of 5)/Elevated push ups (4 sets of 5)/Band pull aparts (4 sets of 8)/Side planks (4 sets of 40 secs)/Incline ring rows (4 sets of 8)/Straight arm holds (4 sets of 10 secs)/Hanging scapula retractions (4 sets of 5)
  • 8th July
    • No work out, did try to put the pole up (didn't work, long *sad* story)
  • 9th July
    • Aerial deadlift practice (3 sets of 5)/Jefferson curls (4kgs 3 sets of 5)/Basic front leg lifts (3 sets of 5)/
    • Reddit bodyweight fitness
      • Warm Up
      • Scapula retractions with band (3 sets of 5)/Assisted pistol squats with rings (3 sets of 6)/Assisted parallel bar tricep dips with band (3 sets of 5)/Bodyweight single legged deadlifts (3 sets of 5)/Incline ring rows (3 sets of 5)/Elevated push ups (3 sets of 5)/Tucked hanging leg raises (3 sets of 5)
    • Running: 3.57km in 33:27 
  • Like 1

Thief of Time