• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DoubleTrouble

DoubleTrouble tests the waters

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That's a sweet move

Thanks!

9 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Watching you perform these fancy moves brought me joy today. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Good to hear! I'm looking forward to it too

------

Transformer roll! It's the move I called machine in an earlier post, but with a roll!

Spoiler

140438242_transformerroll1-min.gif.596a53a5a15e1a5e0cb70e0328553d08.gif

1772320750_transformerroll2-min.gif.e9f30888c7b31c78655b89f4d7ec9a5c.gif

1570927192_transformerroll3-min.gif.9acc2ebdb494c481f2215e0f4915a85f.gif

254164644_transformerroll4-min.gif.5e733bd3e1320f5bd0a41d0718220132.gif

1318518938_transformerroll5-min.gif.71fe8ee4dc95ced7188de4f5468ae1a5.gif

305533797_transformerroll-min.gif.db90800295a9de268702349e58b5a41d.gif

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 6/3/2020 at 10:14 AM, DoubleTrouble said:

Transformer roll! It's the move I called machine in an earlier post, but with a roll!

My inner ear was going nuts just watching this. So many axis of movement. :) I love the one you can up with yourself, btw - if you pause it at the right time, it looks like you're casually standing on air. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 8:19 AM, Manarelle said:

My inner ear was going nuts just watching this. So many axis of movement.

Yeah I couldn't figure that one out. Here's some clips of me trying progression 2 (and not getting anywhere):

----

Running is going well. Handstand pushups are not happening but I used my weight machine for shoulder presses and it seems to work nicely as a substitute. Still haven't done a full wall bridge walk. Someone was throwing away a crash mat so I went and picked it up with some help from a friend. Flips will definitely happen soon, just need to clean the mat a bit first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

Running is going well. Handstand pushups are not happening but I used my weight machine for shoulder presses and it seems to work nicely as a substitute. Still haven't done a full wall bridge walk. Someone was throwing away a crash mat so I went and picked it up with some help from a friend. Flips will definitely happen soon, just need to clean the mat a bit first.

Oooooh, jealous. :) Looks like you're at least getting practice time in on the flips and rolls and stuff. Keeping in mind I could be very wrong, but it looks like the extra twist in progression 2 is that the hand on the ground turns. You're (very understandably) keeping it straight and braced, and the hand that comes down to roll onto is tucked under you. If you tuck the rolling arm less and turn on the braced arm, that might give you more twist? (Total shot in the dark). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

Oooooh, jealous. :) Looks like you're at least getting practice time in on the flips and rolls and stuff. Keeping in mind I could be very wrong, but it looks like the extra twist in progression 2 is that the hand on the ground turns. You're (very understandably) keeping it straight and braced, and the hand that comes down to roll onto is tucked under you. If you tuck the rolling arm less and turn on the braced arm, that might give you more twist? (Total shot in the dark). 

I got really lucky with the crash mat. Super excited to flip on it.

I don't see the hand on the ground turning in progression 2, it just remains in the same spot until he pushes off. He's definitely pivoting around that arm though.

His right shoulder ends up on the left side of the hand on the ground, whereas my right shoulder ends up on the right side. Maybe that has something to do with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

I got really lucky with the crash mat. Super excited to flip on it.

I don't see the hand on the ground turning in progression 2, it just remains in the same spot until he pushes off. He's definitely pivoting around that arm though.

His right shoulder ends up on the left side of the hand on the ground, whereas my right shoulder ends up on the right side. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Like I said, shot in the dark because I couldn't even do the non-pivot version you're doing without a lot of practice. There's a lot of turning going on there, tough to say where it starts and stops. 

• Like 1

I think the key is too look atvwhat progression one is trying to teach.  As I see the progressions, progression one is primarily to teach the 180 spin. In order to move on to progression 2, you need to be able to get the 180 spin completely over the shoulder so you can roll back down the way you came up .  I see progression 2 more like a roundoff that doesn't go all the way over

• Like 1

Followed @WhiteGhost here. Awesome! Didn’t realize there was much acrobatics going on here.

Is it weird that the transformer roll progression 4 looks easier than 3?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I think the key is too look atvwhat progression one is trying to teach.  As I see the progressions, progression one is primarily to teach the 180 spin. In order to move on to progression 2, you need to be able to get the 180 spin completely over the shoulder so you can roll back down the way you came up .  I see progression 2 more like a roundoff that doesn't go all the way over

Um... I'll pretend I understood that. I was thinking another thing that might help is learning how to 180 roll out of a handstand (instead of rolling forwards out of it, turning while falling and rolling the other way).

10 hours ago, PaulG said:

Followed @WhiteGhost here. Awesome! Didn’t realize there was much acrobatics going on here.

Is it weird that the transformer roll progression 4 looks easier than 3?

Hi!

Progressions 4 and 5 are meant to get you used to the feeling of having feet in the air, since in the final one you won't be putting the foot down as in progression 3.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:54 PM, DoubleTrouble said:

Um... I'll pretend I understood that. I was thinking another thing that might help is learning how to 180 roll out of a handstand (instead of rolling forwards out of it, turning while falling and rolling the other way).

You pretty much just summarized what I was trying to say :D I was suggesting was more like doing the 180 roll out of a one handed handstand but I guess 2 handed would work as well 

• Like 1