• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Love_Of_Snuggles

Snuggles and Self Care!

So this challenge I need to focus on self care. One of my biggest triggers for anxiety and stress is a lack of control so instead of trying to control everything, I'm going to focus on only controlling whats important.

Drink water!

I have been getting headaches from a combination of not enough water and too much screen time. I have run out of fruit tea and fell back on soda and juice. I'm not going to measure how much water I drink, I will just focus on drinking water when I get thirsty and not beating myself up when I don't.

Practice taking time away from the screen!

Again, not something I'm going to measure, but will focus on reading, listening to books on tape and just sitting outside.

Stop Tracking!!!

I have removed my Fitbit, have stopped logging and am not worrying about what I eat, just that I am eating. Adding tracking to my daily routine has just been adding to my stress and anxiety. Right now I need to focus on just being.

• Like 3

Hey Sweetie!

I like the goals. Right to the most important basics. Good.

Does tracking create stress?

Water! Yup, I feel ya.

Following of course.

Love ya'

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 9:35 PM, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

So this challenge I need to focus on self care. One of my biggest triggers for anxiety and stress is a lack of control so instead of trying to control everything, I'm going to focus on only controlling whats important.

Beautiful. I am a huge advocate for self-care. Following. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Terinatum said:

Does tracking create stress?

I have a bit of an obsessive personality so when I'm doing good it's alright, but when I start to slip I stress myself out, beat myself up, etc. I have found myself enjoying my walks more when I don't wear my fitbit and I'm not stressing about what I eat or when.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

As week one draws to an end I'm feeling so much better. I haven't had a headache in a week, my stress is so much lower. I walk, but I'm not obsessing about it. Ditto with food. I had two different interviews this week (both at the university I want to work at) and have a second interview for one of them next week. I have a full weekend planned, but I feel pretty good about it.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 5:25 PM, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

As week one draws to an end I'm feeling so much better. I haven't had a headache in a week, my stress is so much lower. I walk, but I'm not obsessing about it. Ditto with food. I had two different interviews this week (both at the university I want to work at) and have a second interview for one of them next week. I have a full weekend planned, but I feel pretty good about it.

Off to a great start, and good luck with the interviews, both upcoming and news of past ones.