• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hello everyone,

this is my first challenge in the forums and so I think it's a good point to start here. The last two years cut my resources short, but I know I feel better when I'm stronger, more active and have clear goals to accomplish. So here I am:

Main goal:

I want to be able to dos omething like the devils part in this acrobatic comedy number: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTpklGUvJw

Supporting Smart goals:

1) less weight to lift: cook healthy meals for at least two days a week and keep down the sugar intake by writing down every sugary snack I eat

2) three times a week a workout mixture of strength training, balance and flexibility. Write down my progress for: time to hold a handstand, number of push-ups, time I can hold myself hanging

I am part of a larp theater group, which maybe explains the strange goal. We work on some new plays and skills at the moment, so we can show them of next year.

I'll keep you updated.

• Like 5

That skit was hilarious! 🤣 Your goal of doing something like that might not be as far away as you think! If you have someone to practice with at home or when lockdown is lifted in your area - you should totally check out Acro Yoga! 😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MsAllegraFox said:

That skit was hilarious! 🤣 Your goal of doing something like that might not be as far away as you think! If you have someone to practice with at home or when lockdown is lifted in your area - you should totally check out Acro Yoga! 😊

Oh, thank you. I looked Acro Yoga up, that's perfect.

I have practiced with a partner and soon realized that I need some extra strength to make it look that clumsy and funny.

From your signature I see that you have a great taste in books. I love Discworld.

• Like 2

Thank you! The Discworld books have gotten me through some tough times in my life - to the point where I used to bring a copy of Night Watch or Thief of Time or Unseen Academicals with me all the time.

Let us know how you get on! 😊

• Like 1

First update:

I have to start slower on the strength training than I wanted, because I got hurt last week and need more time to heal. So I take it slow.

Instead, yesterday I got on my bike, because I had to get to the office. About 10km per way. Usually I combine the bike with public transport, so I'm proud that I did not take the easier way.

Today, I cooked garlic mushrooms on toasted bread.

Time I can hang at a pull-up bar: 60 seconds

Time I can hold a free handstand: 2 seconds

Number of push-ups: 12

Well, it's all a start

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Harriet said:

Oh, the acrobatic goals sound fun. Especially with costumes. 

I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. We will have to figure out what kind of costumes work. For one play, we will simply make up a big scary monster with two people.

In another play, we will be pirates and I will use a crew member as a lookout.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums!

I tagged you as being a potential assassin - you'll find some people within that group with similar interests. Don't take that to mean that's the guild you have to go with, just a way to potentially connect with others with similar interests.

Sounds like a really well put together challenge - do you have somewhere you write down your sugary snacks?

Thank you, Sylvaa. I think Assassins is a fitting group for my goals.

I write my snacking down in my bullet journal. It does stop me from eating it all without thinking about it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, toracorbat said:

First update:

Time I can hang at a pull-up bar: 60 seconds

Time I can hold a free handstand: 2 seconds

Number of push-ups: 12

Well, it's all a start

That's a good start.

• Like 1

Update for last week:

I cooked twice, but ate too much sweets. Lesson: Some things I should not have at home in the first place.

Time I can hang at a pull-up bar: about 60 seconds

Time I can hold a free handstand: about 3 seconds, but it's only an estimation

Number of push-ups: 13 (so +1)

Also I added some training with a TRX band to pull myself up. I think this will be quite helpful.

• Like 3

I'm curious how the TRX band goes! Let me know if you like it. And congrats on the push-up progress!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 1:42 PM, toracorbat said:

I cooked twice, but ate too much sweets. Lesson: Some things I should not have at home in the first place.

Buuut.... you cooked twice (!) and learned something about how to control the sweets maybe? So progress!

Do you have a particular routine or program that you're using to work on handstands and pushups?

• Like 2

While I keep up with doing workouts and cooking, it became clear that I need to step up my selfcare game. Which means, better sleep routine, some yoga (which boosts my mood), meditating and creating a better structure for working from home.

I did not make any measerable progress last week, but I ate a little less sweets than before.

The TRX band is great, because I can practice the switch between pulling and pushing myself up.

For the pushups and handstands, I don't have a program, I just keep on working on it in some variations. Depends on what I feel up to at the day.

• Like 3

On 5/27/2020 at 4:04 PM, toracorbat said:

For the pushups and handstands, I don't have a program, I just keep on working on it in some variations. Depends on what I feel up to at the day.

That's a good way to build a habit. :)

On 5/27/2020 at 4:04 PM, toracorbat said:

I did not make any measerable progress last week, but I ate a little less sweets than before.

You say you did not make progress, then mention the progress that you have made. Even if it isn't as much progress as you may have hoped, it is progress.

It sounds like making progress in some areas of your life is helping you identify where you need to give yourself some time and treat yourself well. Give yourself credit for making progress on your goals and figuring out how to be happier and healthier in future.

How are things going now?

• Like 1